Hammerfast Support

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
I got hammerfast today.  I am very positive about it. I like the old school look and feel. The location has a very original style. I really like the price point, the soft cover trade paperback style is great.

I was wondering if they plan any articles to support the setting?  A few small tombs or new adventure arcs that can be set in the town or surrounding mountains would be intersting.

I was wondering if they plan any articles to support the setting?  A few small tombs or new adventure arcs that can be set in the town or surrounding mountains would be intersting.

Not that I've heard of, but that would be pretty awesome.  Even something as minor as a few "Dungeon Delve"-like "mini-adventures" would be pretty great.

Hm.  Now I want to go put some of those together...
Feedback Disclaimer
Yes, I am expressing my opinions (even complaints - le gasp!) about the current iteration of the play-test that we actually have in front of us. No, I'm not going to wait for you to tell me when it's okay to start expressing my concerns (unless you are WotC). (And no, my comments on this forum are not of the same tone or quality as my actual survey feedback.)
A Psion for Next (Playable Draft) A Barbarian for Next (Brainstorming Still)
That would be amazing! Adventures like the Chaos Scar campaign set in Hammerfast! You could even combine them for an even greater campaign.

And then - of course - you could all play dwarves in that campaign for uber-fun. Wink
I picked up up and have only skimmed through it.

The only thing I was disappointed with was the poster map.  The tavern on the one side was GREAT!  I felt, however, that the poster-sized map (not to mini-scale) of the town on the other side was kinda pointless.
Heh, honestly I had the opposite reaction - but only because Harrowing Halls came out this month too.

I like the poster map of the town - it really makes me want to feature Hammerfast prominently in a campaign, because I could easily lay it out for player reference.  It allows them to "explore" the town in a more meaningful sense (to me), if they can "see" where they're going.

I find the "tavern" map rather pointless, now that I have Harrowing Halls.  Heck, I believe there was an inn/tavern depicted in the Homlett DM's rewards pack as well.  "Taverns" are useful things to have maps for, but... I have more than enough already (especially with 2 sets of Harrowing Halls).

EDIT: I really like the idea of delve-like adventure support for Hammerfast.  Small, short adventures that can easily be tossed in to a game, or integrated to form a single large adventure, would be awesome.
Feedback Disclaimer
Yes, I am expressing my opinions (even complaints - le gasp!) about the current iteration of the play-test that we actually have in front of us. No, I'm not going to wait for you to tell me when it's okay to start expressing my concerns (unless you are WotC). (And no, my comments on this forum are not of the same tone or quality as my actual survey feedback.)
A Psion for Next (Playable Draft) A Barbarian for Next (Brainstorming Still)
Major thread necro to point out a major missed opportunity by the developers.