Women Monk Pictures/Photos

20 posts / 0 new
Last post
Anyone have any good ideas for monk pictures for women characters?  I usually like working off photos of characters in movies, video games, TV or cosplay (then photoshopping 'em) but any suggestions are welcome...
"Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery! " "The Medusan Lords' Gambit" - Discord - Level 15 Iron Soul Monk
Avatar: The Last Airbender has some great designs for what would fit a monk rather well, like the character of Ty Lee. That would be a good start.
The Smithy Knew He'd Lost His Groove When Scalding Sparks Left His Chin Too Smooth Dwarvenshave
Check out the Jet Lee,Jackie Chan movie Forbiden Empire or the PS2 game Genji:Dawn of the Samurai,great asian themed costumes in both.Laughing
Of course, if Asian themed monks aren't your thing, you can always go for a more "neutral" themed brawler. Loose fitting clothing, maybe metal spikes or studs on her clothing.
The Smithy Knew He'd Lost His Groove When Scalding Sparks Left His Chin Too Smooth Dwarvenshave
Google image search?
Wow lots of links there!

Good suggestions, too. 
"Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery! " "The Medusan Lords' Gambit" - Discord - Level 15 Iron Soul Monk
Jade Empire is a great game and has what you are looking for(if its asian themed that is). You can get it cheap now, on either X-box or PC.
Exalted has alot of great female monk art.
Wow lots of links there!

Good suggestions, too. 

I found them all in the first few pages of "woman monk" and "female monk" over on deviant art
Don't forget the Mountain Devotee from the PHB3.  She's hot!
Check out my blog--now REACTIVATED with DnDnext feedback!
Don't forget the Mountain Devotee from the PHB3.  She's hot!

What a crass thing to-

Whoa. Laughing
really nice pics. The hooded pencil sketch one is perfect for a female version of my monk assassin rogue gone wrong thing. excellent.
Skeptical_Clown wrote:
More sex and gender equality and racial equality shouldn't even be an argument--it should simply be an assumption for any RPG that wants to stay relevant in the 21st century.
104340961 wrote:
Pine trees didn't unanimously decide one day that leaves were gauche.
http://community.wizards.com/doctorbadwolf/blog/2012/01/10/how_we_can_help_make_dndnext_awesome
it really helps that 4E monks can be built with so many good weapon options

unarmed
staff
spear
club
sword

Not much more you could ask for, especially since they also work with dual weilding. Just about any picture of a fighting monk can be turned into a good 4E build.
How about the Monk Portrait for Final Fantasy Tactics?

images1.wikia.nocookie.net/finalfantasy/...

Beyond the cartoonish quality that we all expect from Final Fantasy, that's pretty cool
Skeptical_Clown wrote:
More sex and gender equality and racial equality shouldn't even be an argument--it should simply be an assumption for any RPG that wants to stay relevant in the 21st century.
104340961 wrote:
Pine trees didn't unanimously decide one day that leaves were gauche.
http://community.wizards.com/doctorbadwolf/blog/2012/01/10/how_we_can_help_make_dndnext_awesome
Characters from video games would work great.  Especlly something like Soul Calibur since they have weapons.

Actually, I think Xianghua is near perfect if you use a sword:
Xianghua

Some other SC4 images:
Pictures

sc4-talim.jpg.
sc4-setsuka.jpg
And Seong Mina fits really well too, just take proficiency with a glaive:
sc4-seong-mina.jpg
Sorry WOTC, you lost me with Essentials. So where I used to buy every book that came out, now I will be very choosy about what I buy. Can we just get back to real 4e? Check out the 4e Conversion Wiki. 1. Wizards fight dirty. They hit their enemies in the NADs. -- Dragon9 2. A barbarian hits people with his axe. A warlord hits people with his barbarian. 3. Boo-freakin'-hoo, ya light-slingin' finger-wigglers. -- MrCelcius in response to the Cleric's Healer's Lore nerf
Fantastic!
Sorry WOTC, you lost me with Essentials. So where I used to buy every book that came out, now I will be very choosy about what I buy. Can we just get back to real 4e? Check out the 4e Conversion Wiki. 1. Wizards fight dirty. They hit their enemies in the NADs. -- Dragon9 2. A barbarian hits people with his axe. A warlord hits people with his barbarian. 3. Boo-freakin'-hoo, ya light-slingin' finger-wigglers. -- MrCelcius in response to the Cleric's Healer's Lore nerf