Carrying your minis

Anyone got any good advice, I have been looking at some nice cases to keep all the minis in, need about 350 slots, plus space for huges too? What size do they need to be? Thinking of getting either a fabric case with foam inserts or metal cases with foam?
I remember a lot of people saying that they like using fishing tackle boxes, and I could see that working. I don't really take my minis out of the house, but that's what I might use if I needed to carry a whole bunch of them. Cool

72ccb3a99f297b7624ecac31e26f7921.png?v=33480
Star Wars: Tapestry
 - a play-by-post campaign for everyone... good OR evil!

Well my daughter likes taking them to my mum and dads, plus I think we need to put them away especially when we end up with 300+!

There are some good ideas (both for storage and for transport) mentioned in this thread: community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...

Was thinking about ideas for the cards and my first thought was rolodex, taking a look around you can the rolodex 672 series which are 67mm x 102mm plastic sleeves on a rolodex, perfect size and allows you to organize how you want (by faction, points, etc) without having to reorganise every time you get new stuff hmmm cool!!

Maybe I will splash out on one of these proper cases with foam inserts... hmm i love organisation  

I use white card boxes and then I store them in rubbermaid crates.
These aren't portable, but they're awesome for organization and visibility:

www.walmart.com/ip/Sterilite-7-Drawer-Ca...

The way I do it, the Huge sets go in the big drawers, and the regular sets go in the little drawers.

I keep my cards in clear 'Ultra-PRO' card boxes, one per set, and these boxes sit nicely in the drawer with the minis.

72ccb3a99f297b7624ecac31e26f7921.png?v=33480
Star Wars: Tapestry
 - a play-by-post campaign for everyone... good OR evil!

I tell ya what, I outgrew all kinds of tackle boxes and finally settled on This STANLEY Professional Deep organizer whick is Yellow and black with a clear top. Home Depot sells them for about 15 bucks each. I use one for each faction . The deep sections come out and can hold Your cards with the large protective holders, as well as regular holders, or even no holders. I LOve It!!!
I tell ya what, I outgrew all kinds of tackle boxes and finally settled on This STANLEY Professional Deep organizer whick is Yellow and black with a clear top. Home Depot sells them for about 15 bucks each. I use one for each faction . The deep sections come out and can hold Your cards with the large protective holders, as well as regular holders, or even no holders. I LOve It!!!

cheers everyone might actually go for the stanley boxes, as I have just though that I have two different types of boxes already in my shed that I dont use!!
I use those plastic apple containers with the little pods for each apple...sorted by faction.
AMS-51 "Dendrite" Connection lost...searching...
I use these Stanley boxes for storage: www.diyanswerguy.com/tools/tool-box/stan....

I never carry more than 5-6 different squads with me so for that i just use small boxes, but the Stanley box could easily be used for transport as well though, with the handle and all.

The great thing about them i think is the adjustable compartments. That makes organizing easy for me. Clones go here and jedis go there etc. Transparent lid so it's easy to see the contents (i have several of these so that is actually quite nice). And they're not very expensive.

The only downside is that huges don't fit! But i think you can get one with deeper compartments where they might be able to fit in.