2010 Product Release Schedule (Subject to change)

71 posts / 0 new
Last post

DONE! PLEASE UN-STICKY THREAD!

"Ah, the age-old conundrum. Defenders of a game are too blind to see it's broken, and critics are too idiotic to see that it isn't." - Brian McCormick

Pretty please?

"Ah, the age-old conundrum. Defenders of a game are too blind to see it's broken, and critics are too idiotic to see that it isn't." - Brian McCormick

From the Dark Sun sub-forum:

Here's the first new novel, as listed on Amazon.com (and not yet listed on WotC's Product Catalog): City Under the Sand: A Dark Sun Novelby Jeff Mariotte

Release date October 5, 2010.

Two more Eberron novels are listed here: www.wizards.com/DnD/Article.aspx?x=dnd/4...

And there's the WotC Fall 2010 Catalog, available here: www.randomhouse.biz/international/downlo...

EDIT: More novels listed here: worldsofdnd.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27...

Thanks P_G. Laughing 

This thread is a work in progress: I expect to have it done in a week, more or less. I'll peck away at it and continue to refine it afterwards. If anyone has any official info on 2010 D&D related products, or advice on formatting this thread, please drop me a line. Especially if you can get this thread stickied... 

In the Sorted-by-Product-Type section, 3-Dragon-Ante and Castle Ravenloft are listed as D&D Novels, rather than as D&D Associated Games.  The novels aren't listed at all.

Before posting, why not ask yourself, What Would Wrecan Say?

IMAGE(http://images.onesite.com/community.wizards.com/user/marandahir/thumb/9ac5d970f3a59330212c73baffe4c556.png?v=90000)

A great man once said "If WotC put out boxes full of free money there'd still be people complaining about how it's folded." – Boraxe

There's also this

It's the other Boardgame being released on 11/16/10

Dungeons of Dragonfire Mountain

P.S. This should be stickied.
P.S. This should be stickied.

I've already sent in the request for it to be stickied. It just takes a few days for a thread to be stickied(assuming it gets stickied at all).
In the Sorted-by-Product-Type section, 3-Dragon-Ante and Castle Ravenloft are listed as D&D Novels, rather than as D&D Associated Games.  The novels aren't listed at all.

Thanks for the sharp eyes. If anyone else notices mistakes on what's inputted, let me know. Rigtht now, my eyes are focused on what needs to be added.

Thanks for the sticky!

Well, it's almost done. I'm going to plow through the fall novels tomorrow. If anyone knows of any other product coming out, please post it. I started this thread because I want to know what's coming up as much as you all.

Thanks for the sticky!

Well, it's almost done. I'm going to plow through the fall novels tomorrow. If anyone knows of any other product coming out, please post it. I started this thread because I want to know what's coming up as much as you all.

Thanks for taking the effort for this.
so... no DMG3 for 4th Ed? Will the "Essential" Series be doubling up on what has already been published?
50254_48946317650_1688_n.jpg I am Red/White
I am Red/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both chaotic and orderly. I value my own principles, and am willing to go to extreme lengths to enforce them, often trampling on the very same principles in the process. At best, I'm heroic and principled; at worst, I'm hypocritical and disorderly.
The essentials series is going to continue into next year, after which I'd assume the product line will return to being like it was for the first two years.  That'll probably be when we get DMG3.
The essentials series is going to continue into next year, after which I'd assume the product line will return to being like it was for the first two years.  That'll probably be when we get DMG3.

Yep i think i'd agree with this. It makes sense that WOTC will release a DMG3 focussing on how to run Epic level games. I know i would find it invaluable and if its as good as the first 2 then definately worth investing in.

For those of you with kids please check out the D&D Parents Group. http://community.wizards.com/dndparents

Rather new to this so please forgive me if this is the wrong thread but is WotC planning on releasing some sort of custom map builder for subscribers through adventure tools?  And preferably not just a digital map generator but something where i could print it off for use with miniatures?  If there's something out there already I'd love to hear about it.  Thanks!

In August Elminster Must Die by Ed Greenwood will be out.

It will be a hardcover.

At least thats what the WotC Catalogue I read last November said. 

HAND OF KARSUS!

Added, as well as other things. EX. Orcus

Greetings! April 20th approaches, so I'll be erasing Plane Above and Emperor's Gambit from the lists on Tuesday. I'm always looking for new product, so chime in if you see something I don't have (or if I've listed something incorrectly). Apparently Castle Ravenloft's release date is different on Amazon from WotC's list, so I'll wait a month to see if it changes.

What about the Powers series? I was really hoping for an Arcane Power 2.

It'll resume next year?
in august new D&D comics...
IMAGE(http://badge.facebook.com/badge/1105914135.325.1281987627.png)
List updated.

What about the Powers series? I was really hoping for an Arcane Power 2.

It'll resume next year?

I don't see why they wouldn't keep pumping out player options books. They might mix it up a bit (Controller Power, anyone?) like what they're doing with the Essentials line.

I would like to know if a character builder for MAC will ever come to life .... 
Updated. No new novels on the horizon.

I just noticed that Player's Handbook Races: Humans no longer appears on the product catalog.  Has this been canceled?  Delayed to 2011?
I just noticed that Player's Handbook Races: Humans no longer appears on the product catalog.  Has this been canceled?  Delayed to 2011?

I hope it's only been delayed like the rest of the non-Essential books. Haven't seen any announcements, though.

There are new novels in the catalog: Lady Ruin and Whisper of Venom.

Also, Dungeons of Dragonfire Mountain has been renamed to Wrath of Ashardalon. The cover hasn't been updated yet, though.

Also, Dungeons of Dragonfire Mountain has been renamed to Wrath of Ashardalon. The cover hasn't been updated yet, though.

An ultra-powerful dragon with an ultra-powerful demon for a heart... That never stops being cool. Laughing

The first titles for 2011 can be found at Amazon (thanks to the guys over at ENWorld for finding them!):

Dungeon Tiles: Caverns of Icewind Dale

Deluxe Dungeon Master's Screen

D&D Gazeteer: The Nentir Vale

List updated. Mentioned novels, as well as Key of Stars and Mark of the Hunter, have been added, and RPG books for this month have been removed. 

When we get some more news for 2011, I'll open up a separate thread for them (unless someone wants to beat me to it...) 

A new product has just had it's cover art spoiled on ENWorld! It's speculated for a January 2011 release.

That will really break the game IMNSHO...

HAND OF KARSUS!

Updated for new novels released today.

I love that someone is taking the time to do a forum that lets players know what releases are expected and when. However, I find it kind of low-class to use a thread like this to steal sales from the FLGS where ever the players live.
Seriously, if they want it bad enough to go to Amazon, Ebay, etc etc... then they will go to those sites on their own & not need you to manipulate them into a rushed purchase, by providing a link to the item being sold by you or any other online hustler.

***please note that the use of "you" is a generalization refering to the people actually posting links to off-site sales of the products listed.
I acknowledge that people have a right to be greedy, but they too should at least allow the brick & mortar stores a chance to make the money needed to provide the players enough space for these games to be played.
What would happen when the only places where there were enough room to play ended up being a parking lot at the grocery store? Do you really think that a group of players are going to want to lay all their books out for the wind to blow around? Or that they will feel like having to move locations constantly because of loitering laws?
What I believe would happen is the players would just turn to a new form of entertainment & you would no longer have people buying the products from you at all; and the new entertainment would probably be something that didn't require them to buy something that you could sell them... what would happen to your greed then?

BTW, I am not a store owner or employee & so this is not being posted out of fear that I will lose any sort of income as a result. In fact I am the person who volunteers as an Organizer of RPGA/WPN events, so that players can easily find a game in our area every week.
Links that I find very useful, will be added here. http://community.wizards.com/vinciente/blog/2010/02/24/useful_damp;d_pageslinks
I love that someone is taking the time to do a forum that lets players know what releases are expected and when. However, I find it kind of low-class to use a thread like this to steal sales from the FLGS where ever the players live.
Seriously, if they want it bad enough to go to Amazon, Ebay, etc etc... then they will go to those sites on their own & not need you to manipulate them into a rushed purchase, by providing a link to the item being sold by you or any other online hustler.

***please note that the use of "you" is a generalization refering to the people actually posting links to off-site sales of the products listed.
I acknowledge that people have a right to be greedy, but they too should at least allow the brick & mortar stores a chance to make the money needed to provide the players enough space for these games to be played.
What would happen when the only places where there were enough room to play ended up being a parking lot at the grocery store? Do you really think that a group of players are going to want to lay all their books out for the wind to blow around? Or that they will feel like having to move locations constantly because of loitering laws?
What I believe would happen is the players would just turn to a new form of entertainment & you would no longer have people buying the products from you at all; and the new entertainment would probably be something that didn't require them to buy something that you could sell them... what would happen to your greed then?

BTW, I am not a store owner or employee & so this is not being posted out of fear that I will lose any sort of income as a result. In fact I am the person who volunteers as an Organizer of RPGA/WPN events, so that players can easily find a game in our area every week.

Umm wow, over react much? Only 13 out of 47 entries link to Amazon, almost all of them novels(actually I think it is all of them but I am too lazy to double check). The other 34 entries link to the product page from WotC, which has a convenient store locator on it. 

Alter_Boy has volunteered  to do this to help people out, not to advance some anti-gaming store conspiracy. I imagine he has Amazon links because they frequently have product descriptions up before WotC. While I would love to rip your statement apart, I shall refrain since that would be grossly off topic. You should just leave Alter_Boy alone because he doesn't deserve this sort of stuff just for helping people out.

Umm wow, over react much? Only 13 out of 47 entries link to Amazon, almost all of them novels(actually I think it is all of them but I am too lazy to double check). The other 34 entries link to the product page from WotC, which has a convenient store locator on it. 

Alter_Boy has volunteered  to do this to help people out, not to advance some anti-gaming store conspiracy. I imagine he has Amazon links because they frequently have product descriptions up before WotC. While I would love to rip your statement apart, I shall refrain since that would be grossly off topic. You should just leave Alter_Boy alone because he doesn't deserve this sort of stuff just for helping people out.

I subscribe to Ranadiel point of view!
IMAGE(http://badge.facebook.com/badge/1105914135.325.1281987627.png)
-snip-

(Emphasis in bold) Ranadiel's right. I would have loved to link to the product catalog in my previous posts, but unfortunately WotC are rather slow in updating it.

Back to topic, according to a game store owner over at ENWorld, there's a book called Player's Option: Heroes of Shadow coming out in March.
(How could I forget about that one? Smile)

Thanks for the back-up guys.

Vinciente, it is as Ranadiel said. When I posted them up, WotC didn't have them on their catalog. When I had the choice, I used the WotC Product catalog instead of Amazon.

In three weeks time, I'll be cleaning up the threads. Everything for 2010 seems to be on the Product Catalog, so I can make proper links. Plus, I'll start a 2011 thread (time permitting).

Oh, and update for June releases.

Are the Lords of Madness miniatures booster sets still coming out in August?  I kind of need to know so I can schedule sealed pack D&D Miniatures Skirmish tournaments at my local stores. 

Speaking of what we'd like to see coming up (as the description for this forum says), I'd like to see some more support for D&D Miniatures Battles.  It's great that Wizards of the Coast gives DDMGuild (www.ddmguild.com) official license to publish stat cards, rules books etc. for DDM.  That's fantastic!  I just wish that Wizards would promote DDM better.  I have talked to so many people who think DDM is 'dead' because they heard that Wizards wasn't publishing anything for it anymore.  We guild chapter organizers could really use some help in getting the word out that DDM isn't dead.  It's very much alive and up-to-date with new books, cards, scenarios etc. coming out every year.  Mentioning DDM on the Wizards.com main site and in ads in other media outlets would benefit Wizards too.  The more people you have playing DDM, the more demand you'll have for the D&D minis.  Players of the RPG version might buy a few minis to use for their heroes and DM's might buy a few more to use in their campaigns, but DDM players buy way more than even  the RPG DMs do so that they can create many different warbands for their games.

Also, thanks very much for the Free RPG Day edition of Bloodsand Arena! We'll be using the maps in our guild chapter's DDM games.  We'll even try adapting the adventure book to our DDMGuild one-shot adventure encounters.
Anyone know what happened to the DMG3?  Is it still coming out?
All sources point to Lords of Madness being released on September 21st. Changed.

Ditto this question. I want my MTV, er, DMG 3!

The first two have been the best book on gaming ever written, incredibly brilliant books. I can use them immediately at the table, or read them on the potty for inspiration for my next session or campaign. Rare is a book valuable at the gaming table and at the commode. 
Click to Visit

Still coming out implies it was actually on the release schedule at some point....which it wasn't. I vaguely recall hearing it was pushed bacl to next year, but I can't tell you where I heard that or if it is even still valid.
Sign In to post comments