What would the Imperial Knight Code be?

What would the Imperial Knight Code be?

I was reading the jedi code in the JATM book and wondered what the Imperial Knight Code would be.
Protect Emperor Fel at any cost.
Well a couple of their quotes sheds some light on the subject.

"We are Imperial Knights. We do our duty by the Emperor and by the Force—no matter the cost."

"As Imperial Knights, we obey the Emperor but only as long as he serves the light side of the Force."

"Imperial Knights believe we serve the Force by serving an Empire that brings order."

That combined with the fact that they wear standardized armor and use standard sabers implies to me that the code is something along the lines of "Protect the Empire. Serve the Light Side. Serve Order. Recognize that the Knights are far more than yourself." or something.
Well a couple of their quotes sheds some light on the subject.

"We are Imperial Knights. We do our duty by the Emperor and by the Force—no matter the cost."

"As Imperial Knights, we obey the Emperor but only as long as he serves the light side of the Force."

"Imperial Knights believe we serve the Force by serving an Empire that brings order."

That combined with the fact that they wear standardized armor and use standard sabers implies to me that the code is something along the lines of "Protect the Empire. Serve the Light Side. Serve Order. Recognize that the Knights are far more than yourself." or something.

Yeah thats the basic start I have. I was hoping to expand it a little more.

In a recent issue of Legacy, an Imperial Knight made a comment to the effect of, "The Emperor personifies our connection to the Force."  He was also using it to warn the Emperor about the dangers of the Dark Side, not just to himself, but to the Knights and the Empire.

Abandon all hope. Prepare for the Wierdness. Get familiar with cannibalism." Hunter S. Thompson, 2000 My custom Minis http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75862/19476986/ob1dylans_customs&sort_order=ASC
All for one, and one for all Tongue out.
I'm sorry, but a blackhole ate my Death Star. Check out my Eve of Destruction campaign page Check out my Eve of Destruction campaign wiki Check out pukunui's Absolute Dawn (DoD) campaign log
There is no doubt, there is the Will of the Emperor.
There is no fear, there is Service to the Emperor.
There is no darkness, there is the Light of the Emperor.
There is no death, there is the Life of the Emperor.

Something like that?
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75862/19424726/Saga_Edition_Weapons_Complaints__ http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75862/19425146/New_Empire_Sourcebook
"The outcome justifies the deed."
The motto of something or other from Warhammer 40k.

I don't think they'd be the kind to have a code as much as a motto. They're more a special branch of the military than a distinct order in the way the Jedi are. Certainly, if they had a code, I don't think it would strongly resemble the Jedi one as in ErikModi's example; they think of themselves as too distinct from the Jedi.
http://community.wizards.com/go/forum/view/75862/135534/the_praxeum Saga Edition Dungeons and Dragons! An alternative to 4th Edition rules. Post and help build the RPG! You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
div>
I don't think they'd be the kind to have a code as much as a motto. They're more a special branch of the military than a distinct order in the way the Jedi are. Certainly, if they had a code, I don't think it would strongly resemble the Jedi one as in ErikModi's example; they think of themselves as too distinct from the Jedi.

I agree. Since they apparently view their lightsabers as mere tools and don't bother with any sacred rituals when building them, I'd reckon they also don't stand on ceremony when it comes to codes and mottos and such.
"Patience is the calm acceptance that things can happen in a different order than the one you have in mind."

~ David G Allen

D&D 5e Session Recaps:

Welcome to Icewind Dale (Legacy of the Crystal Shard)

DMing for My Wife (and Our Friends) (Lost Mine of Phandelver)

All we know about the Jedi Code from the movies is that a master can't train more than one apprentice at a time, and an implication that there are strict rules about what kind personal relationships and private possessions a Jedi is allowed to have.

In short, forget the vague philosophical junk that's sometimes offered as the "Jedi Code". What it really consists of is the hard and fast rules that Jedi are expected to follow in any given era, such as whether or not marriage is permissible, or whether or how much personal wealth you're allowed to maintain, things like that. The Imperial Knights would certainly have some kind of code along those same lines.
Children believe what we tell them, they have complete faith in us. I ask of you a little of this childlike simplicity, and to bring us luck, let me speak four truly magic words: "A long time ago...." (Jean Cocteau's Beauty and the Beast) Winner of You Build the Character #12, YbtC #22, YbtC #24, YbtC #28 and YbtC #35 Winner of You Make the... Contest #8
To draw from SWM flavor text:

Empire first, will of the force second
AMS-51 "Dendrite" Connection lost...searching...
Yes, the Emperor must be the core of the Imperial Knights' loyalty. The Force must be the medium through which they serve the Emperor. The IK don't appear to serve any of the Force precepts that the Jedi used to (such as preserve life, protect the weak, make peace etc.). The jedi are basically peacemakers and the Sith are warbingers. The IK are neither of them, they just use the Force as a resource to accomplish their only goal: serve the Emperor.

We just have to think in IKs as the former Royal Guards. They are basically the same, only the Force is involved. If there is any code to take as model, it should be the Royal Guards' code.
There is no red, blue, or green, their is only white.
Organ donor -- A person who doesn't wear his or her armor.
The true emperor looks like alec baldwin
There is no red, blue, or green, their is only white.
Organ donor -- A person who doesn't wear his or her armor.
The true emperor looks like alec baldwin

lol- I love it

..We, the Imperial Knights solute you…
..there is no skill, only talents…
..were good enough, smart enough, and gosh darnit- people either like us, or we kill them..
..Because the Emperor was right all along, you can’t touch this…
..Boo Yak-a-sha, wag-wan…Imperial Nights massif representin…Restepic..a..

Sign In to post comments