kedi got permabanned

229 posts / 0 new
Last post
discuss!
Photobucket Team GFG - Glux's Fine Gents
discuss!


How?

Allons-y!

discuss!


How?


kedi is permanently banned.

discuss. 
Photobucket Team GFG - Glux's Fine Gents
discuss!


How?


kedi is permanently banned.

discuss. 


Okay, since "How?" wasn't a deep enough question for you...

Under what circumstances led to kedi being permabanned?

Allons-y!

i would disclose but i don't wanna follow in his footsteps.

let's just say there's a certain user here who provokes a lot of people (not Spires!) and kedi apparently said a no-no thing to/about this user. 

Photobucket Team GFG - Glux's Fine Gents

i would disclose but i don't wanna follow in his footsteps.

let's just say there's a certain user here who provokes a lot of people (not Spires!) and kedi apparently said a no-no thing to/about this user. 



Was someone wrong?

Allons-y!

yup.
Photobucket Team GFG - Glux's Fine Gents
yup.


I can probably guess the no-no and the circumstances from knowing that much. Sucks, but that's what happens with trolls.

Allons-y!

yup.


I can probably guess the no-no and the circumstances from knowing that much. Sucks, but that's what happens with trolls.


lol kedi = troll? c'mon now.
Photobucket Team GFG - Glux's Fine Gents
Not to much to discuss. Just learn from his mistake.

-CoP
VCL (Volunteer Community Lead - Deck Critique (MTG)) Volunteer Community Nutritionist - (I am watching you diet, even when you think I am not.) Photobucket What my sig is based off of.
yup.


I can probably guess the no-no and the circumstances from knowing that much. Sucks, but that's what happens with trolls.


lol kedi = troll? c'mon now.



pretty sure he meant that the other way around. 
well that'd make some sense i guess, but usually the trolls get ban't right?
Photobucket Team GFG - Glux's Fine Gents
well that'd make some sense i guess, but usually the trolls get ban't right?


How long have you been on these forums and how many trolls have you seen banned?

Allons-y!

well that'd make some sense i guess, but usually the trolls get ban't right?


How long have you been on these forums and how many trolls have you seen banned?


i've never seen anyone permabanned actually, besides a good contributor and a longtime member.
Photobucket Team GFG - Glux's Fine Gents
well that'd make some sense i guess, but usually the trolls get ban't right?


How long have you been on these forums and how many trolls have you seen banned?


i've never seen anyone permabanned actually, besides a good contributor and a longtime member.


Usually the obvious trolls go unbanned and occassionally successfully troll longtime contributors which forces them to get temp or perma banned. It happened with so many longtime users before the switch.

Allons-y!

i don't really understand that system.

why are users that are wrong allowed to stay? 
Photobucket Team GFG - Glux's Fine Gents
Also, trolls regenerate.
i don't really understand that system.

why are users that are wrong allowed to stay? 


Because the definition of a troll according to the system is very narrow, and the punishment is only severe if it violates other parts of the CoC, such as someone trolling with inappropriate material/language. I've reported every troll post I've ever seen and the only successful visible action was when it had questionable topic material.

Don't bother trying to revise the system either. Been there, done that, waste of time.

Allons-y!

and people wonder why these forums have become so deserted?

HEY GUYS

LOOK 
Photobucket Team GFG - Glux's Fine Gents
and people wonder why these forums have become so deserted?

HEY GUYS

LOOK 


They won't. Any requests otherwise are futile.

Allons-y!

what did he do? I missed it.
scrubnextdoor blog
Notable Stuffs
Champion of Niv's 1st Block Constructed Tournament
1000 posts & !-year anniversary 2/17/10 BOOYAH

Siggables
Neruka's Boyfriend
Kor Firewalker is SO HOT. He is the fire in my pants. I want his firewalking babies.

Oops
75932913 wrote:
57689138 wrote:
I just realized how large a pain in the ass it's going to be to break down regionals like this
but look on the bright side, [b]Ding Dong jund is dead[b], it's not the boogyman anymore XD

Razorgore
61325265 wrote:
57689138 wrote:
Near Death Experience?
Gideon is not impressed by your triple white, incredibly difficult-to-manlipulate jank card.
Poor Niche
57860688 wrote:
MaRo keeps stabbing me in the face with cards like Phyrexian Rebirth. It's a black card.. with black art... in a white layer with white costs. Up yours, design team.
Cryptic Command can go munch on a bowl of my nuts
And the thread falls silent...

<.<
>.>

*sniffs armpits* I don't stink... was it something I said? 
scrubnextdoor blog
Notable Stuffs
Champion of Niv's 1st Block Constructed Tournament
1000 posts & !-year anniversary 2/17/10 BOOYAH

Siggables
Neruka's Boyfriend
Kor Firewalker is SO HOT. He is the fire in my pants. I want his firewalking babies.

Oops
75932913 wrote:
57689138 wrote:
I just realized how large a pain in the ass it's going to be to break down regionals like this
but look on the bright side, [b]Ding Dong jund is dead[b], it's not the boogyman anymore XD

Razorgore
61325265 wrote:
57689138 wrote:
Near Death Experience?
Gideon is not impressed by your triple white, incredibly difficult-to-manlipulate jank card.
Poor Niche
57860688 wrote:
MaRo keeps stabbing me in the face with cards like Phyrexian Rebirth. It's a black card.. with black art... in a white layer with white costs. Up yours, design team.
Cryptic Command can go munch on a bowl of my nuts

And R-M is still here? He's had at least one account banned every year as far as I'm aware.
Website for my radio series: http://www.cyrusbalesfilms.co.uk/id2.html For the facebook group of my radio series, search for "Who will save us now?" Please join! Follow my regular articles on: http://www.manaleak.com/mtguk/
While technically this isn't my place to comment, I think the lesson to take away from this is just because you dislike someone or some people doesn't mean you should expend so much energy in openly telling the world that you dislike them. That's what lead to another unnammed user getting banned when he was arguing over PT: San Diego and it appears lead to Kedi/Soul's problem.

No one likes everyone, but as adults (or in some cases, young adults) we are supposed to be mature enough to get along without incident or a need to "prove" that we are better than someone. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what we think about our neighbor. We still have to try to co-exist.


On a possible unrelated note: Also, language matters. I know there is one specific user who I won't name that keeps making every argument about other formats. Rather than break into a line of explicitives and tell him how I would if he was in the room with me I just try to ignore & avoid because as someone aptly said, "it takes two people to argue".
old quotes from the Worldwake talk: Mike Turian: While Mark Rosewater made Tarmogoyf, I made Tarmogoyf what he is today Mark Rosewater: Would we ever reprint Tarmogoyf? Maybe.

I am Blue/Green


whatcolor_isblue.jpg

174 How many of your friendships have lasted more than ten years? Which of your current friendships do you still feel will be important to you ten years from now?
the man did have some good information nonetheless, he knows his cards

Blue is the best color ever. How do you deal?  ------------------------------  Team GFG - "gulf, foxtrot, gulf" 

 

 

I produce Dubstep and House beats:

https://soundcloud.com/burning_forest

 

Best Pauper Deck in the format, not close:

http://community.wizards.com/content/forum-topic/2974646#comment-49713276

 

Photobucket

"it takes two people to argue".


this

argue about productive things like standard whether grixis or america is the better three-color control deck, but not about whether things that don't matter in a standard forum matter in a situation that has nothing to do with standard.





on another topic, didn't I see inverse meloku somewhere around here a few weeks back? haven't seen him since.






also, it is true kedi was getting a little rowdy towards the end there, I gotta say. he said some inappropriate things to a newish guy on the vamps thread, that was too much.
While technically this isn't my place to comment,


Agreed.

I think the lesson to take away from this is just because you dislike someone or some people doesn't mean you should expend so much energy in openly telling the world that you dislike them.


Disagreed.

That's what lead to another unnammed user getting banned when he was arguing over PT: San Diego and it appears lead to Kedi/Soul's problem.


Different things I think.  That said at least Kedi got an email telling him he was banned.

No one likes everyone, but as adults (or in some cases, young adults) we are supposed to be mature enough to get along without incident or a need to "prove" that we are better than someone.


This is pretty much against human nature. Conflict is human.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what we think about our neighbor. We still have to try to co-exist.


Also against human nature. People co-exist with others they have things in common with. Not people who are completely different.


Rather than break into a line of explicitives and tell him how I would if he was in the room with me I just try to ignore & avoid because as someone aptly said, "it takes two people to argue".


Or it takes one to argue, and one to click report when their feelings get hurt because the other person didn't sugar coat their points, regardless of how correct they are.

This is just another reason I've gone and registered on another website's forums and intend to share my knowledge there primarily. Wizards' iron fist ruling of the forums just shows that they don't deserve the community they're trying to build here.

Instead put a disclaimer on forum nav and just remove inappropriate language and content. If people want to argue with each other and tell the world that one person is unequivocably a mental midget and go down a list of indisputable bullet points illustrating said point... it should be allowed.

IMAGE(http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g424/syreal94/SIGNichecopy.png)

Fix your Forum Experience here: http://community.wizards.com/forum/new-site-feedback/threads/3925861

Boasts?

2011 States Top 4
Multiple 2013 IQ Top 4/8 Finishes
Designer of Top 8 States finishing MBC decks in 2011, 2010, and 2009 
Standard Forum - Iron Deck Builder Season One Champ

Favorite Quotes

"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance." - Laurence J. Peter 
"It is the province of knowledge to speak, and it is the privilege of wisdom to listen.” - Oliver Wendell Holmes


No one likes everyone, but as adults (or in some cases, young adults) we are supposed to be mature enough to get along without incident or a need to "prove" that we are better than someone.



This is pretty much against human nature. Conflict is human.


This we could discuss for a while. LOL, do you have proof?


At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what we think about our neighbor. We still have to try to co-exist.



Also against human nature. People co-exist with others they have things in common with. Not people who are completely different.


There is recent research to the contrary. Because people self-sort down the population they interact with they are actually LESS happy now than they were in the past. The results indicate that being able to get along with people that we don't geniunely have much in common with is better for us.


Rather than break into a line of explicitives and tell him how I would if he was in the room with me I just try to ignore & avoid because as someone aptly said, "it takes two people to argue".


Or it takes one to argue, and one to click report when their feelings get hurt because the other person didn't sugar coat their points, regardless of how correct they are.

This is just another reason I've gone and registered on another website's forums and intend to share my knowledge there primarily. Wizards' iron fist ruling of the forums just shows that they don't deserve the community they're trying to build here.

Instead put a disclaimer on forum nav and just remove inappropriate language and content. If people want to argue with each other and tell the world that one person is unequivocably a mental midget and go down a list of indisputable bullet points illustrating said point... it should be allowed.



There is a line between arguing points and being mean. It's important to not cross it. Doing things like being polite, (Saying I disagree is polite, calling someone blind, an idiot, etc simply because I disagree is not) when you argue is not sugar coating. A good example is what happened right now. We disagree, I think you are misinformed, and while I am not saying anything mean or degrading about you, my points are still firm. Also, it's important to be in touch with the difference between subjective and objective is.

Off-topic: While you are not happy with this site and your temporary banning I am happy that you DID find a site that is more to your liking. I wish you well there.
old quotes from the Worldwake talk: Mike Turian: While Mark Rosewater made Tarmogoyf, I made Tarmogoyf what he is today Mark Rosewater: Would we ever reprint Tarmogoyf? Maybe.

I am Blue/Green


whatcolor_isblue.jpg

174 How many of your friendships have lasted more than ten years? Which of your current friendships do you still feel will be important to you ten years from now?
@ Niche: It does take two people to argue. One person arguing isn't an argument. If you're stating an opposing viewpoint to someone and they don't respond, it's just that, a statement. An argument is a discussion between two people who have opposing viewpoints and are trying to convince the other of their error. One person arguing is just...one person.

     Semantics, woo!

   As to your second point, I completely agree with you about Wizards coming down on people way too hard. As long as you don't use profanity or cross lines that, as a member of society, you should know not to cross anyways, you should be allowed to speak your mind. For example, you could respond to my above statement with an opposing statement(thereby making it an argument), and that would be fine, or you could(and I'm not saying you would do this) describe actions between my mother and various farm animals in loving, sound effect-laden detail. That would not be fine(that actually happened to me on a forum once. The man was both horrifying and poetic).

  I think the biggest problem Wizards has with us as a community is that we argue with each-other almost exclusively, from what I've seen, on public forums. If you have a problem with what I've said about anything, PM me and we can yell and scream about it all you want. Just don't derail threads to do it. A lot of people, myself included, hate it when a thread devolved into two people yelling at each-other about stuff that has nothing to do with the topic, and everyone else just lines up behind one of the two. One of the healthiest things I've seen people doing on the forums recently is they just ignore posts like the one I described. That is the best way to combat trolls.
I would have killed, literally ended someones life, to NOT have Arrogant Bloodlord riding a giant ant... Good times:
Show
but where DID the other fork come from?
Show
Lord_Zed: I was at my friends house when this happened. He's married and his wife was an excellent baker. She had baked a homemade apple pie the night before. I was hungry, and my friend convinced me to try those low carb monster drinks. Before this day, I had never triend energy drinks before. Boy was I in for a treat. When I tried that first monster, I really enjoyed the flavor, but the taste that it left in my mouth wasn't so good. What was my solution? Drink another! before I could finish drinking that 2nd monster, I felt it already kicking in(these drinks were not very far apart, we're talking minutes here) my friend decided that it was a good idea to whip out that fresh pie his wife made the night before. I didn't know what to do, since I felt incredibly invigorated, and at the same time, freaked out by the rush I was feeling, but I was also hungry, and my friend have me an entire plate with a fork and said "help yourself." He extended his saucer to me, and I cut him a piece of the pie and handed it to him, then I looked at the pie, noticed that the pie was in an aluminum holder, and dumped the entire pie onto my plate and started eating it with 2 forks. I don't know where I found that other fork, it probably came from my friend. Anyhow, his wife wasn't happy, and I was already in magical christmas land. 2 days later, I was in my friends bed and I slept for 14 hours. His wife outlawed my from having any of her baked goods for a while(which sucked because I could just show up at there house, steal some sweets, and leave) and said I couldn't have any energy drinks at her house, unless under close watch. My friend, on the other hand, had to take me out to a steak dinner, because apparently I won a bet where I climbed a tree and didn't die.
The great land debate:
Show
97563441 wrote:
Zendikar had fetchlands, and Worldwake had manlands. What are the new Scars duals called?
61325265 wrote:
Explosive Peanut Lightning lands. Well, that's just what I call them.
61325265 wrote:
58232598 wrote:
i'm just trying to figure out what the point of saying this is. it's just really random.
And so the pot met the kettle.
"People co-exist with others they have things in common with. Not people who are completely different." - Niche

No offense but that is absolutely one of the most primitive/unintelligent ways of looking at the world that I have ever seen. I get along with just about everyone and am very well loved. Even people I have NOTHING in common with love me because I'm compassionate and help people whenever I can. I will argue with those people over philosophy because we disagree, but not only do we co exist, we actually do even better by benefiting from the existence of one another, despite the fact that we have nothing in common.

"Conflict is human." - Niche

I guess you could say that conflict is a part of life here on planet earth, but stating that something is "human" in no way substantiates your argument. In fact, most philosophers (myself included) look at this race with a certain amount of disdain because of its blatant failure advance past its primitive and dispassionate nature, despite the teachings of many great minds who have tried with all of their being to change that.

I respect you, but we obviously have very different attitudes towards life.

Back on topic, it sucks to see Kedi banned because he was one of the few knowledgeable contributors here on these forums. I also thought he was a good guy who usually made an effort to help others.
Being around people with whom I have little-to-nothing in common does NOT make me happy, regardless of what the research says. That's not to say I only get along with people who are like me (quite the contrary), but rather that I have to at least share values or opinions with the individual in order to get along...

IMAGE(http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g424/syreal94/SIGS1AL.png) Sig by zpikduM.

I believe that conflict is just basic nature. You have food. I want food. I bash you on head with stick. I have food now. You have to think this way if you're to survive in nature. However society has taken away that need, more or less, to have to come into conflict with each other just to survive. We just still do it because it is a deep down charecteristic. Some of us are more prone to it than others, and it comes down to the question of nature vs. nurture. Is the person who doesn't engage in conflict more evolved? in my opinion, no. It's all about enviorment. For example:
  Two children are standing before you. They both go to the same school, are from families with the same social status, and have access to all the same benifits and luxuries. One of them is an only child, the other has four siblings. You place a bowl of pudding on a table before them and tell them that one of them gets to have it, and they aren't allowed to share it. Which one gets the bowl of pudding?
I would have killed, literally ended someones life, to NOT have Arrogant Bloodlord riding a giant ant... Good times:
Show
but where DID the other fork come from?
Show
Lord_Zed: I was at my friends house when this happened. He's married and his wife was an excellent baker. She had baked a homemade apple pie the night before. I was hungry, and my friend convinced me to try those low carb monster drinks. Before this day, I had never triend energy drinks before. Boy was I in for a treat. When I tried that first monster, I really enjoyed the flavor, but the taste that it left in my mouth wasn't so good. What was my solution? Drink another! before I could finish drinking that 2nd monster, I felt it already kicking in(these drinks were not very far apart, we're talking minutes here) my friend decided that it was a good idea to whip out that fresh pie his wife made the night before. I didn't know what to do, since I felt incredibly invigorated, and at the same time, freaked out by the rush I was feeling, but I was also hungry, and my friend have me an entire plate with a fork and said "help yourself." He extended his saucer to me, and I cut him a piece of the pie and handed it to him, then I looked at the pie, noticed that the pie was in an aluminum holder, and dumped the entire pie onto my plate and started eating it with 2 forks. I don't know where I found that other fork, it probably came from my friend. Anyhow, his wife wasn't happy, and I was already in magical christmas land. 2 days later, I was in my friends bed and I slept for 14 hours. His wife outlawed my from having any of her baked goods for a while(which sucked because I could just show up at there house, steal some sweets, and leave) and said I couldn't have any energy drinks at her house, unless under close watch. My friend, on the other hand, had to take me out to a steak dinner, because apparently I won a bet where I climbed a tree and didn't die.
The great land debate:
Show
97563441 wrote:
Zendikar had fetchlands, and Worldwake had manlands. What are the new Scars duals called?
61325265 wrote:
Explosive Peanut Lightning lands. Well, that's just what I call them.
61325265 wrote:
58232598 wrote:
i'm just trying to figure out what the point of saying this is. it's just really random.
And so the pot met the kettle.
"People co-exist with others they have things in common with. Not people who are completely different." - Niche

No offense but that is absolutely one of the most primitive/unintelligent ways of looking at the world that I have ever seen. I get along with just about everyone and am very well loved. Even people I have NOTHING in common with love me because I'm compassionate and help people whenever I can. I will argue with those people over philosophy because we disagree, but not only do we co exist, we actually do even better by benefiting from the existence of one another, despite the fact that we have nothing in common.


I will personally guarantee you that you will not get along with someone with whom you have nothing in common (disregarding the fact that such a circumstance is a blatant impossibility).


"Conflict is human." - Niche

I guess you could say that conflict is a part of life here on planet earth, but stating that something is "human" in no way substantiates your argument. In fact, most philosophers (myself included) look at this race with a certain amount of disdain because of its blatant failure advance past its primitive and dispassionate nature, despite the teachings of many great minds who have tried with all of their being to change that.

I respect you, but we obviously have very different attitudes towards life. 


Niche is actually right here... conflict is hard-wired into the human brain (much like an overhand right punch is hard-wired into male primates). There are some things, such as beliefs or attitudes, that we can change; other things are in our very nature. There's no such thing as a blank slate.

But I guess that's a Blue-Mage/Green-Mage thing... =P 

IMAGE(http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g424/syreal94/SIGS1AL.png) Sig by zpikduM.

I believe that conflict is just basic nature. You have food. I want food. I bash you on head with stick. I have food now. You have to think this way if you're to survive in nature. However society has taken away that need, more or less, to have to come into conflict with each other just to survive. We just still do it because it is a deep down charecteristic. Some of us are more prone to it than others, and it comes down to the question of nature vs. nurture. Is the person who doesn't engage in conflict more evolved? in my opinion, no. It's all about enviorment. For example:
  Two children are standing before you. They both go to the same school, are from families with the same social status, and have access to all the same benifits and luxuries. One of them is an only child, the other has four siblings. You place a bowl of pudding on a table before them and tell them that one of them gets to have it, and they aren't allowed to share it. Which one gets the bowl of pudding?


Your entire attitude is based on the premise that the bowl of pudding actually matters. But it absolutely doesn't. If they were both stuck in the wild and had to fight for food, then it would matter, but even then they would accomplish so much more if they worked together. From an intellectual perspective it makes absolutely no sense to fight each other when working together accomplishes so much more.
"People co-exist with others they have things in common with. Not people who are completely different." - Niche

No offense but that is absolutely one of the most primitive/unintelligent ways of looking at the world that I have ever seen. I get along with just about everyone and am very well loved. Even people I have NOTHING in common with love me because I'm compassionate and help people whenever I can. I will argue with those people over philosophy because we disagree, but not only do we co exist, we actually do even better by benefiting from the existence of one another, despite the fact that we have nothing in common.


I will personally guarantee you that you will not get along with someone with whom you have nothing in common (disregarding the fact that such a circumstance is a blatant impossibility).


"Conflict is human." - Niche

I guess you could say that conflict is a part of life here on planet earth, but stating that something is "human" in no way substantiates your argument. In fact, most philosophers (myself included) look at this race with a certain amount of disdain because of its blatant failure advance past its primitive and dispassionate nature, despite the teachings of many great minds who have tried with all of their being to change that.

I respect you, but we obviously have very different attitudes towards life. 


Niche is actually right here... conflict is hard-wired into the human brain (much like an overhand right punch is hard-wired into male primates). There are some things, such as beliefs or attitudes, that we can change; other things are in our very nature. There's no such thing as a blank slate.

But I guess that's a Blue-Mage/Green-Mage thing... =P 


I never said that it wasn't human nature, you need to re read my post. I said that just because it's human nature doesn't substantiate his argument, because humans are so incredibly primitive. Want proof? Look at the mindless nonsense that is pop culture. The scary thing is that pop culture is the cumulation of the minds and interests of the masses. Essentially, the average person is a ****ing idiot. So what if it's human nature? Humans are ridiculous.

WTF is happening in this thread?

How did we get onto people with no idea about human nature discussing it? The point of this entire thread is surely that people who offer very little can use the ignore button rather than have people who do offer something banned. If you can't get by on the internet without running off to people to complain, how do you expect to get by in the real world?

Seriously, these forums are getting more pathetic all the time.
Website for my radio series: http://www.cyrusbalesfilms.co.uk/id2.html For the facebook group of my radio series, search for "Who will save us now?" Please join! Follow my regular articles on: http://www.manaleak.com/mtguk/

WTF is happening in this thread?

How did we get onto people with no idea about human nature discussing it? The point of this entire thread is surely that people who offer very little can use the ignore button rather than have people who do offer something banned. If you can't get by on the internet without running off to people to complain, how do you expect to get by in the real world?

Seriously, these forums are getting more pathetic all the time.



You have Aim Cyrus?


VCL (Volunteer Community Lead - Deck Critique (MTG)) Volunteer Community Nutritionist - (I am watching you diet, even when you think I am not.) Photobucket What my sig is based off of.

WTF is happening in this thread?

How did we get onto people with no idea about human nature discussing it? The point of this entire thread is surely that people who offer very little can use the ignore button rather than have people who do offer something banned. If you can't get by on the internet without running off to people to complain, how do you expect to get by in the real world?

Seriously, these forums are getting more pathetic all the time.



You have Aim Cyrus?



you should just post it here.

Photobucket Team GFG - Glux's Fine Gents
Geez 1/2 a day back to the Standard forum and I am remembering why I don't come by here, see you guys in a few weeks!
Geez 1/2 a day back to the Standard forum and I am remembering why I don't come by here, see you guys in a few weeks!



ty for the spam. good riddance.
Photobucket Team GFG - Glux's Fine Gents

WTF is happening in this thread?

How did we get onto people with no idea about human nature discussing it? The point of this entire thread is surely that people who offer very little can use the ignore button rather than have people who do offer something banned. If you can't get by on the internet without running off to people to complain, how do you expect to get by in the real world?

Seriously, these forums are getting more pathetic all the time.



You have Aim Cyrus?





I have msn messenger if you're interested.
Website for my radio series: http://www.cyrusbalesfilms.co.uk/id2.html For the facebook group of my radio series, search for "Who will save us now?" Please join! Follow my regular articles on: http://www.manaleak.com/mtguk/
Sign In to post comments