LFR and PHB3

24 posts / 0 new
Last post
Now that PHB3 is hitting the shelves, is it LFR legal?
Your answer is already in the CCG (p. 2), where the table of legal player resources says:

"Player's Handbook series [emphasis mine] (includes races series) // All // Upon release"

So, PHB3 became legal for RPGA play as soon as it became available.  Unless that chart changes, that will be the answer for every PHB release.
"Of course [Richard] has a knife. He always has a knife. We all have knives. It's 1183, and we're barbarians!" - Eleanor of Aquitaine, "The Lion in Winter"
of course, "availability" and "release" are two different things, but in the end, it's only a week's difference.
Almost 2 weeks actually (it's out on the 16th).

An FGS I was at today (the L was left out on purpose) got a case early and they were selling them, so I already got my hands on one.  I'm totally stoked about the Runepriest.  That's definitely my next character.

All-in-all I like the PHB3.  (although I could have done without Hybrids, but whatever)
Sorry WOTC, you lost me with Essentials. So where I used to buy every book that came out, now I will be very choosy about what I buy. Can we just get back to real 4e? Check out the 4e Conversion Wiki. 1. Wizards fight dirty. They hit their enemies in the NADs. -- Dragon9 2. A barbarian hits people with his axe. A warlord hits people with his barbarian. 3. Boo-freakin'-hoo, ya light-slingin' finger-wigglers. -- MrCelcius in response to the Cleric's Healer's Lore nerf
Did they finally include Warforged in PHB3? And does that make them legal for LFR?
Did they finally include Warforged in PHB3? And does that make them legal for LFR?

The Warforged are not in the PH3, but they were in Dragon Magazine; if Dragon is legal in LFR, then you're good to go.
Another day, another three or four entries to my Ignore List.

The Warforged are not in the PH3, but they were in Dragon Magazine; if Dragon is legal in LFR, then you're good to go.

*facepalm*

Dave Kay LFR Writing Director Retiree dkay807 [at] yahoo [dot] com
Sorry Salla... running joke in this forum. 
Sorry WOTC, you lost me with Essentials. So where I used to buy every book that came out, now I will be very choosy about what I buy. Can we just get back to real 4e? Check out the 4e Conversion Wiki. 1. Wizards fight dirty. They hit their enemies in the NADs. -- Dragon9 2. A barbarian hits people with his axe. A warlord hits people with his barbarian. 3. Boo-freakin'-hoo, ya light-slingin' finger-wigglers. -- MrCelcius in response to the Cleric's Healer's Lore nerf

The warforged is in the Eberron Players Guide which is in the list of legal material for LFR so this question is now irrelevant and would be quite idiotic to continue this line of questioning at this point forward.

:p~

An FGS I was at today (the L was left out on purpose) got a case early and they were selling them, so I already got my hands on one.  I'm totally stoked about the Runepriest.  That's definitely my next character.

It's an official WotC program -- I think every store with organized play is getting 'em early. Thus the curiosity about whether or not this counts as release date or not. I'd check with the organizer of your event, but I'd certainly allow people to use it. 

But what about the Warforged? Wink
The warforged is in the Eberron Players Guide which is in the list of legal material for LFR so this question is now irrelevant and would be quite idiotic to continue this line of questioning at this point forward.

Just to reiterate: "are Warforged legal in LFR" is a running joke on this board.  Whenever there's a thread asking, "is X legal", you can guarantee that someone will chime in with, "but, are Warforged legal?"  Unfortuantely, it means that those who are newer to the boards fall into the trap. ;)
"Of course [Richard] has a knife. He always has a knife. We all have knives. It's 1183, and we're barbarians!" - Eleanor of Aquitaine, "The Lion in Winter"
Unfortuantely, it means that those who are newer to the boards fall into the trap. ;)

And that's part of the fun!

Thus the curiosity about whether or not this counts as release date or not. I'd check with the organizer of your event, but I'd certainly allow people to use it. 

Well, the CCG now just lists "Upon Release" as opposed to a release date.  As such, I would say that if your FLGS (or FGS, lol) is selling them and it's WotC approved, then I would say it's released and useable by people who have it.

Guess I'll have to work on my Runepriest the old fashioned way until next month.

Well, the CCG now just lists "Upon Release" as opposed to a release date.  As such, I would say that if your FLGS (or FGS, lol) is selling them and it's WotC approved, then I would say it's released and useable by people who have it.

I concur - not that I'm anyone official.
WolfStar76 Community Advocate (SVCL) for D&D Organized Play, Avalon Hill, and the DCI/WPN LFR Community Manager DDi Guide

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

And, yes, some stores are getting them early and they are allowed to sell them. Those stores that host a large enough organized play component are deemed "core stores" and can receive their books at the beginning of the month. My FLGS is one of those stores and most of us who play there already have our PHB3 in hand.

So, by the rule, PHB3 stuff is already legal...

Now the WARFORGED... That is another matter that I think deserves a bit more conversation before we can really determine if they are, in fact, Realms legal... I just don't know for sure yet...

Tongue out 
The big issue of legality comes when you see things such as Dhampyr Warforged Clerics of Kelemvor.  It just raises a lot of question marks.
The big issue of legality comes when you see things such as Dhampyr Warforged Clerics of Kelemvor.  It just raises a lot of question marks.

Nah, they are okay. It are the Dhampyr revenant warforged clerics of Kelemvor who are the problem. ;)

Nah, they are okay. It are the Dhampyr revenant warforged clerics of Kelemvor who are the problem. ;)

Deva soul dhampyr revenant warforged druid-clerics of Kelemvor.

Co-author on AoA 2-3 and 4-1.

What really bugs me is that there's no mini support for those.

What really bugs me is that there's no mini support for those.

I so really should make one of those next week at ConnCon...

-np
LFR Characters: Lady Tiana Elinden Kobori Silverwane - Drow Control Wizard Kro'tak Warscream - Orc Bard Fulcrum of Gond - Warforged Laser Cleric
You need to MC into something arcane to add on the Lich ED.  Maybe bard?
Stop giving me ideas.
Went with Vampiric Heritage instead of Deva due to the awesome absurdity of a vampire robot.

He's set up to take Bard MC at 4th level after attribute bumps.

====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Prime, level 1
Revenant, Druid|Cleric
Hybrid Druid: Hybrid Druid Will
Choose your Race in Life: Warforged
Background: Windrise Ports (Windrise Ports Benefit)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 10, Con 13, Dex 15, Int 8, Wis 18, Cha 12.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 10, Con 11, Dex 13, Int 8, Wis 18, Cha 12.

AC: 12 Fort: 11 Reflex: 12 Will: 16
HP: 25 Surges: 8 Surge Value: 6

TRAINED SKILLS
Heal +9, Insight +9, Perception +9

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +2, Arcana -1, Bluff +1, Diplomacy +1, Dungeoneering +4, Endurance +3, History -1, Intimidate +3, Nature +4, Religion -1, Stealth +2, Streetwise +1, Thievery +2, Athletics

FEATS
Level 1: Vampiric Heritage

POWERS
Hybrid at-will 1: Lance of Faith
Hybrid at-will 1: Thorn Whip
Hybrid encounter 1: Divine Glow
Hybrid daily 1: Earth Roots

====== Copy to Clipboard and Press the Import Button on the Summary Tab ======

-np
LFR Characters: Lady Tiana Elinden Kobori Silverwane - Drow Control Wizard Kro'tak Warscream - Orc Bard Fulcrum of Gond - Warforged Laser Cleric
Sign In to post comments