4e PHB / Points of Light - pantheon inspired curses

5 posts / 0 new
Last post

Doe anyone have a list or a link to a list of curses inspired by the 4e PHB/DMG pantheon?

(Great Odin's beard!  -- that sort of thing)

Thanx!
Join the group Gamer's With Macs

No ideas?
Join the group Gamer's With Macs
I've had an evil necromancer in an underground chamber curse "King's blood," when a giant swarm of kruthiks burst out of the freaking walls, keeping in mind the superstition about actually saying Torog's name out loud.

"Bahamut's breath" is something like great odin's beard that doesn't make much sense as a curse but sounds nice as a general sentiment of shock or outrage.  Moradin's beard/hammer/forge could do likewise.

The breath of the raven queen could mean something like a brush with death, or be similar to "by the skin of my teeth" as in "I felt the breath of the Raven queen at the edge of that blade" when a character narrowly avoids getting his head lopped off, for instance.
This is the happy swamp. Love it. I am red/blue, I think logically and act impulsively.
I've had an evil necromancer in an underground chamber curse "King's blood," when a giant swarm of kruthiks burst out of the freaking walls, keeping in mind the superstition about actually saying Torog's name out loud.

"Bahamut's breath" is something like great odin's beard that doesn't make much sense as a curse but sounds nice as a general sentiment of shock or outrage.  Moradin's beard/hammer/forge could do likewise.

The breath of the raven queen could mean something like a brush with death, or be similar to "by the skin of my teeth" as in "I felt the breath of the Raven queen at the edge of that blade" when a character narrowly avoids getting his head lopped off, for instance.

"Bahamut's Breath!" is a good one, LOL.  My Dragonborn Fighter's favorite curse is "By Bahamut's *Spheres*!"

Check out the Tiefling and Dragoonborn handbooks, there is a section in each devoted to speaking like a tiefling/dragonborn. Some examples are:

By the Nine Gates! - a Tiefling oath or curse used in times of surprise, shock or awe.

Three and one (in draconic tesjendar) - a Dragonborn exclamation
By my clan and honur (Uth vethindas en thuris) - a Dragonborn oath or interjection
Io's blood (Vethio ierjir) - A Dragonborn exclmation. 

Of course, this is D&D feel free to invent your own or look through other source (Terry Pratchett's may your *ahem* grow wings and fly away! comes to mind)