Magic Arcana / Card of the Day / Daily Decks - March, 2010

325 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of magicthegathering.com's Magic Arcana, Card of the Day, and Daily Decks features for the month of March, 2010.
Today's little surprise was certainly interesting.  But I'm rather annoyed to note that they didn't actually answer the question: what is the Eye of Ugin, and where?  Frankly, the legendary land from Worldwake doesn't seem to connect at all to the reference on Ghostfire.  And as for the card, I sure hope not all the Eldrazi will be this over-the-top.
My New Phyrexia Writing Credits My M12 Writing Credits
As far as the benefit of the rest of Magic is concerned, gold cards in Legends were executed perfectly. They got all the excitement a designer could hope out of a splashy new mechanic without using up any of the valuable design space. Truly amazing. --Aaron Forsythe's Random Card Comment on Kei Takahashi
Most awesome Arcana to Date. What a nice fatty, defintely getting him for my Font of Mythos/Howling Mine deck.

Yeah, it was lame that it didn't answer squat (Who exactley is Ugin, How many eyes does he have, Is he a walker, etc etc). But the preview card made it awesome enough...

We get the picture though, Ugin was responsible for helping imprisoning the Eldrazi. The fight between the walkers broke the Eye, the Eldrazi are free. And now the giant squids are angry.
98% of people use statistics in their sigs, or have used them in the past. If you are one of the 2% that haven't or don't, place this into your signature. New Magic Forums, Im'a let you finish, but the old Magic Forums were one of the greatest boards of all time!
Beautiful...

(Well, Kozilek is kind of ugly, but the colorless format is amazing... *Begins drooling*)
Holy begeezus, that's a cool way to preview a card.  I wonder if there will be any non-mythic eldrazi.  If not, there will be a really crazy all-mythic deck running around.

I really want to cast that guy.
A+ for presentation.
First off, awesome presentation. Next, I just want to say I really, really hope that WotC does some serious playtesting so we don't have one or two mana creatures running around with anihilattor. If they do make a low cmc creature with anihilattor I hope they have the sense to keep it a 0/1 or something. But, it'll be so great if they pull this off right.

Crossing my fingers.
Good thing that I picked up 4 Eye of Ugin's lol. Also, it looks like summoning trap is going to get real good as well. You won't get to draw 4, but Annihilator 4 sounds good enough Laughing
Note the collector's number.  Number 6.  That implies that 1) colorless spells are going to be the early numbers, and 2) there are at least 5 other colorless eldrazi , and considering K is the 11th letter, there's likely at least 10, probably a bit more.
One thing I found interesting to note was that he has the same kind of transparent frame as the Planeswalkers, so you can see art all over the card.  I wonder if all the Eldrazi are like this, or if we'll get to see some cards in a "standard" Colorless frame similar to the one found on Ghostfire (sans the dorky circular art window).
As far as the benefit of the rest of Magic is concerned, gold cards in Legends were executed perfectly. They got all the excitement a designer could hope out of a splashy new mechanic without using up any of the valuable design space. Truly amazing. --Aaron Forsythe's Random Card Comment on Kei Takahashi
THAT WAS THE GREATEST EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE
I am definately going to cop 4 Eye of Ugins as soon as possible, and would love to construct a Colorless deck when Rise of the Eldrazi comes out.

I assume that with RoE the only cards that will have Annihilator on them is going to be Eldrazi cards.  But man seeing that Big ass Eldrazi on the field would make me crap my pants if I had no counters or Removal in hand. 
Note the collector's number.  Number 6.  That implies that 1) colorless spells are going to be the early numbers, and 2) there are at least 5 other colorless eldrazi , and considering K is the 11th letter, there's likely at least 10, probably a bit more.

I noticed the collector number 6 too. However, I don't think that the colorless cards come first.

I think the set will be all-colorless.

This doesn't mean that we'll need no colors to play it, but I'm guessing that there will be many cards like Ghostfire, which cost colored mana, but are still colorless.
Sneak Attack and Oath of Druids have found a new toy.
Most awesome Arcana ever! I totally fell for it and didn't realize it was a flash until...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

And then a preview card!

Oath of Druids just called. Progenitus - you're fired.

In MTGO Elvish Piper just went from 12 cents to $2 in 90 minutes!
Is the absence of type word "artifact" intentional or typo? Also a bluish hue to the frame and card draw. Hmm? I wonder what WoC is up to now.
Formerly Magemaster44 who joined in 2002
Is the absence of type word "artifact" intentional or typo?

No Tinker for you!

Is it me, or does this card become the perfect sideboard tech against any mill deck?  Doesn't this completely wreck that archetype?
Beautiful...

(Well, Kozilek is kind of ugly, but the colorless format is amazing... *Begins drooling*)

Money mouth

Nuff said.

I am Blue/Black
I am Blue/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both selfish and rational. I'm scheming, secretive and manipulative; I use knowledge as a tool for personal gain, and in turn obtaining more knowledge. At best, I am mysterious and stealthy; at worst, I am distrustful and opportunistic.
Laughing
Most awesome Arcana ever! I totally fell for it and didn't realize it was a flash until...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

And then a preview card!

Oath of Druids just called. Progenitus - you're fired.

In MTGO Elvish Piper just went from 12 cents to $2 in 90 minutes!

That is evil! EVIL! EEEEEVIIIIILLLLL!!!!

I like it.

I am Blue/Black
I am Blue/Black
I'm both selfish and rational. I'm scheming, secretive and manipulative; I use knowledge as a tool for personal gain, and in turn obtaining more knowledge. At best, I am mysterious and stealthy; at worst, I am distrustful and opportunistic.
Kor Firewalker running away was a nice touch. Well done, Wizards.
Is it me, or does this card become the perfect sideboard tech against any mill deck?  Doesn't this completely wreck that archetype?

If you can't actually play it it'll be a dead draw, so I wouldn't say it's an auto-include for all decks, but those which especially fear mill can certainly use it.  Like many others, i suspect, I originally assumed that last clause was just the standard DSC/Progenitus bit, but instead - yow.

A note to those who are planning on buying 4x Eye of Ugin, though:  keep in mind that it doesn't produce mana, and is legendary.  Plunking down Urzatron followed by turn-4 Eye of Ugin still leaves you 1 mana short of throwing Kozilek into play.  Multiple Eyes only work with Mirror Gallery, and I suspect that low-cc Eldrazi will be few (though I'll be disappointed if there isn't at least one 2-drop in the bunch who can play Ornithopter with an Eye out).

I think I look forward to building decks that have a lot of "disposable" permanents specifically to thwart Annihilator.  Although for what it's worth, unless you give Kozilek haste, he's not going to get a chance to annihilate much of anything very often.

PS, Bojuka Bog and Walking Atlas are tech against the reanimation clause.  This is hilarious.
So, there's still one question I have, and this is important; Is he wearing goggles?

Zammm = Batman.

It's my sig in a box
58280208 wrote:
Everything is better when you read it in Bane's voice.
192334281 wrote:
Your human antics and desire to continue living have moved me. Just kidding. You cannot move me physically or emotionally. Wall humor.
57092228 wrote:
Copy effects work like a photocopy machine: you get a copy of the 'naked' card, NOT of what's on it.
56995928 wrote:
Funny story: InQuest Magazine (I think it was InQuest) had an oversized Chaos Orb which I totally rooked someone into allowing into a (non-sanctioned) game. I had a proxy card that was a Mountain with "Chaos Orb" written on it. When I played it, my opponent cried foul: Him: "WTF? a Proxy? no-one said anything about Proxies. Do you even own an actual Chaos Orb?" Me: "Yes, but I thought it would be better to use a Proxy." Him: "No way. If you're going to put a Chaos Orb in your deck you have to use your actual Chaos Orb." Me: "*Sigh*. Okay." I pulled out this huge Chaos Orb and placed it on the table. He tried to cry foul again but everyone else said he insisted I use my actual Chaos Orb and that was my actual Chaos Orb. I used it, flipped it and wiped most of his board. Unsurprisingly, that only worked once and only because everyone present thought it was hilarious.
My DM on Battleminds:
no, see i can kill defenders, but 8 consecutive crits on a battlemind, eh walk it off.
144543765 wrote:
195392035 wrote:
Hi guys! So, I'm a sort of returning player to Magic. I say sort of because as a child I had two main TCG's I liked. Yu-Gi-Oh, and Pokemon. Some of my friends branched off in to Magic, and I bought two pre-made decks just to kind of fit in. Like I said, Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon were what I really knew how to play. I have a extensive knowledge of deck building in those two TCG's. However, as far as Magic is concerned, I only ever used those two pre made decks. I know how the game is played, and I know general things, but now I want to get in the game for real. I want to begin playing it as a regular. My question is, are all cards ever released from the time of the inception of this game until present day fair game in a deck? Or are there special rules? Are some cards forbidden or restricted? Thanks guys, and I will gladly accept ANY help lol.
I have the same problem with women.
117639611 wrote:
198869283 wrote:
Oh I have a standing rule. If someone plays a Planeswalker I concede the game. I refuse to play with or against people who play Planeswalkers. They really did ruin the game.
A turn two Tibalt win?! Wicked... Betcha don't see that everyday.

The Pony Co. 

Is this my new ego sig? Yes it is, other Barry
57461258 wrote:
And that's why you should never, ever call RP Jesus on being a troll, because then everyone else playing along gets outed, too, and the thread goes back to being boring.
57461258 wrote:
See, this is why RPJesus should be in charge of the storyline. The novel line would never have been cancelled if he had been running the show. Specifically the Slobad and Geth's Head talkshow he just described.
57461258 wrote:
Not only was that an obligatory joke, it was an on-topic post that still managed to be off-topic due to thread derailment. RP Jesus does it again folks.
92481331 wrote:
I think I'm gonna' start praying to Jesus... That's right, RPJesus, I'm gonna' be praying to you, right now. O' Jesus Please continue to make my time here on the forums fun and cause me to chuckle. Amen.
92481331 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
It was wonderful. Us Johnnies had a field day. That Timmy with the Grizzly bears would actually have to think about swinging into your Mogg Fanatic, giving you time to set up your silly combo. Nowadays it's all DERPSWING! with thier blue jeans and their MP3 players and their EM EM OH AR PEE JEES and their "Dewmocracy" and their children's card games and their Jersey Shores and their Tattooed Tenaged Vampire Hunters from Beverly Hills
Seriously, that was amazing. I laughed my *ss off. Made my day, and I just woke up.
[quote=ArtVenn You're still one of my favorite people... just sayin'.[/quote]
56756068 wrote:
56786788 wrote:
.....would it be a bit blasphemous if I said, "PRAYSE RPJAYSUS!" like an Evangelical preacher?
Perhaps, but who doesn't like to blaspheme every now and again? Especially when Mr. RPJesus is completely right.
56756068 wrote:
I don't say this often, but ... LOL
57526128 wrote:
You... You... Evil something... I actualy made the damn char once I saw the poster... Now you made me see it again and I gained resolve to put it into my campaign. Shell be high standing oficial of Cyrix order. Uterly mad and only slightly evil. And it'll be bad. Evil even. And ill blame you and Lizard for it :P.
57042968 wrote:
111809331 wrote:
I'm trying to work out if you're being sarcastic here. ...
Am going to stop you right there... it's RPJesus... he's always sarcastic
58335208 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
112114441 wrote:
we can only hope it gets the jace treatment...it could have at least been legendary
So that even the decks that don't run it run it to deal with it? Isn't that like the definition of format warping?
I lol'd.
56287226 wrote:
98088088 wrote:
Uktabi Orangutan What the heck's going on with those monkeys?
The most common answer is that they are what RPJesus would call "[Debutantes avert your eyes]ing."
56965458 wrote:
Show
57461258 wrote:
116498949 wrote:
I’ve removed content from this thread because off-topic discussions are a violation of the Code of Conduct. You can review the Code here: www.wizards.com/Company/About.aspx?x=wz_... Please keep your posts polite, on-topic, and refrain from making personal attacks. You are welcome to disagree with one another but please do so respectfully and constructively. If you wish to report a post for Code of Conduct violation, click on the “Report Post” button above the post and this will submit your report to the moderators on duty.
...Am I the only one that thinks this is reaching the point of downright Kafkaesque insanity?
I condone the use of the word Kafkaesque. However, I'm presentely ambivalent. I mean, that can't be serious, right? We're April 1st, right? They didn't mod RPJesus for off-topic discussion when the WHOLE THREAD IS OFF-TOPIC, right? Right.
57545908 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
Save or die. If you disagree with this, you're wrong (Not because of any points or arguements that have been made, but I just rolled a d20 for you and got a 1, so you lose).
58397368 wrote:
58222628 wrote:
This just won the argument, AFAIC.
That's just awesome.
57471038 wrote:
57718868 wrote:
HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THE BEAR PRODUCING WORDS OF WILDING?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!
That's what RPJesus tends to do. That's why I don't think he's a real person, but some Magic Card Archive Server sort of machine, that is programmed to react to other posters' comments with obscure cards that do in fact exist, but somehow missed by even the most experienced Magic players. And then come up with strange combos with said cards. All of that is impossible for a normal human to do given the amount of time he does it and how often he does it. He/It got me with Light of Sanction, which prompted me to go to RQ&A to try and find if it was even possible to do combat damage to a creature I control (in light that Mark of Asylum exists).
71235715 wrote:
+10
100176878 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
57078538 wrote:
heaven or hell.
Round 1. Lets rock.
GG quotes! RPJesus just made this thread win!
56906968 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
143359585 wrote:
Blue players get all the overpowerered cards like JTMS. I think it's time that wizards gave something to people who remember what magic is really about: creatures.
Initially yes, Wizards was married to blue. However, about a decade ago they had a nasty divorce, and a few years after that they began courting the attention of Green. Then in Worldwake they had a nasty affair with their ex, but as of Innistrad, things seem to have gotten back on track, and Wizards has even proposed.
You are my favorite. Yes you. And moments like this make it so. Thank you RPJesus for just being you.
On what flavor text fits me:
57307308 wrote:
Surely RPJesus gets Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius?
56874518 wrote:
First: I STILL can't take you seriously with that avatar. And I can take RPJesus seriously, so that's saying something.
121689989 wrote:
I'd offer you a cookie for making me laugh but it has an Upkeep Cost that has been known to cause people to quit eating.
56267956 wrote:
I <3 you loads
57400888 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
"AINT NO LAWS IN THE SKY MOTHER****." - Agrus Kos, Wojek Veteran
10/10. Amazing.

If you can't actually play it it'll be a dead draw, so I wouldn't say it's an auto-include for all decks, but those which especially fear mill can certainly use it.  Like many others, i suspect, I originally assumed that last clause was just the standard DSC/Progenitus bit, but instead - yow.

I think the last ability is being misread.  It shuffles the ENTIRE graveyard into the library.
omg that was awesome. the eldrazi look sweet. i hope that the make alot of em. I need to get some Eye of Ugin!
This is what I play Magic for. For a set that looks like it will literally shake up all the metagames. I can see every format in the game being able to use Elrazi cards. I personally already have visions of windmilling them into play in my Cloudpost deck. They are large enough and have rediculous enough abilities to satisfy Timmies everywhere, and relevent enough triggered abilities to appeal to Johnnies as well. I am so glad to see the beginnings of a set that I'm actually looking foreward to. Hasn't happened since Lorwyn.

Keep up the good work, Wizards. Just please, please, please don't make Eldrazi horribly unbalanced. Make them good enough to effect the game, but please, no more faeries and no more jund. We had to wait until two sets in to the new block for jund to die off, and even longer for Faeries. Let's have at least nine or ten solid viable decks after RoE hits. PLEASE.

@Sam_rem: I totally assumed it was a shuffle into library. It does completely kill mill. That is hilarious.
I would have killed, literally ended someones life, to NOT have Arrogant Bloodlord riding a giant ant... Good times:
Show
but where DID the other fork come from?
Show
Lord_Zed: I was at my friends house when this happened. He's married and his wife was an excellent baker. She had baked a homemade apple pie the night before. I was hungry, and my friend convinced me to try those low carb monster drinks. Before this day, I had never triend energy drinks before. Boy was I in for a treat. When I tried that first monster, I really enjoyed the flavor, but the taste that it left in my mouth wasn't so good. What was my solution? Drink another! before I could finish drinking that 2nd monster, I felt it already kicking in(these drinks were not very far apart, we're talking minutes here) my friend decided that it was a good idea to whip out that fresh pie his wife made the night before. I didn't know what to do, since I felt incredibly invigorated, and at the same time, freaked out by the rush I was feeling, but I was also hungry, and my friend have me an entire plate with a fork and said "help yourself." He extended his saucer to me, and I cut him a piece of the pie and handed it to him, then I looked at the pie, noticed that the pie was in an aluminum holder, and dumped the entire pie onto my plate and started eating it with 2 forks. I don't know where I found that other fork, it probably came from my friend. Anyhow, his wife wasn't happy, and I was already in magical christmas land. 2 days later, I was in my friends bed and I slept for 14 hours. His wife outlawed my from having any of her baked goods for a while(which sucked because I could just show up at there house, steal some sweets, and leave) and said I couldn't have any energy drinks at her house, unless under close watch. My friend, on the other hand, had to take me out to a steak dinner, because apparently I won a bet where I climbed a tree and didn't die.
The great land debate:
Show
97563441 wrote:
Zendikar had fetchlands, and Worldwake had manlands. What are the new Scars duals called?
61325265 wrote:
Explosive Peanut Lightning lands. Well, that's just what I call them.
61325265 wrote:
58232598 wrote:
i'm just trying to figure out what the point of saying this is. it's just really random.
And so the pot met the kettle.
That Feldon's Cane thing that it does is what makes it so good for Oath, besides being a nasty card. Oath mills themselves like crazy and always has to run Gaea's Blessing to shuffle itself back up. But now you can put two of this guy + Iona as the only three creatures in your deck. If one eats a Swords, oh well. You can also do things like "In response to your Swords, Edict myself" or "In response to your Path, sacrifice Kosilek to my... and gain..." Or discard him to Frantic Search.

He can be chump blocked by 1/1 tokens. And you won't draw the 4 cards if you Oath/Piper him into play. And he doesn't have shroud like Inkwell or Progenitus. However:

EDIT: Oath = fail?

I think the last ability is being misread.  It shuffles the ENTIRE graveyard into the library.

Like I said, I misread it at first, and then realized what you point out, hence "yow".
That was AWESOME!!

And I so called that they would be colorless non-Artifact creatures. Cool

~ Tim
I am Blue/White Reached DCI Rating 1800 on 28/10/11. :D
Sig
56287226 wrote:
190106923 wrote:
Not bad. But what happens flavor wise when one kamahl kills the other one?
Zis iz a sign uf deep psychological troma, buried in zer subconscious mind. By keelink himzelf, Kamahl iz physically expressink hiz feelinks uf self-disgust ova hiz desire for hiz muzzer. [/GermanPsychologistVoice]
56957928 wrote:
57799958 wrote:
That makes no sense to me. If they spelled the ability out on the card in full then it would not be allowed in a mono-black Commander deck, but because they used a keyword to save space it is allowed? ~ Tim
Yup, just like you can have Birds of paradise in a mono green deck but not Noble Hierarch. YAY COLOR IDENTITY
56287226 wrote:
56888618 wrote:
Is algebra really that difficult?
Survey says yes.
56883218 wrote:
57799958 wrote:
You want to make a milky drink. You squeeze a cow.
I love this description. Like the cows are sponges filled with milk. I can see it all Nick Parks claymation-style with the cow's eyes bugging out momentarily as a giant farmer squeezes it like a squeaky dog toy, and milk shoots out of it.
56287226 wrote:
56735468 wrote:
And no judge will ever give you a game loss for playing snow covered lands.
I now have a new goal in life. ;)
Tell me i'm wrong, but..

Eye of ugin doesn't produce mana, but makes eldrazi cost 2 less.. So you get (1) lopped off the price.

Wouldn't it be easier to just running everflowing chalice? Khalni Gems? any other mana ramp.
O o /¯/________________________ _____________ | IMA FIRIN MAH LAZER!!! BLAAAAAARGH!!!!!!!!! \_\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Well, its a Land, rather than an Artifact... plus it has its other (search) ability as well. ;)

~ Tim
I am Blue/White Reached DCI Rating 1800 on 28/10/11. :D
Sig
56287226 wrote:
190106923 wrote:
Not bad. But what happens flavor wise when one kamahl kills the other one?
Zis iz a sign uf deep psychological troma, buried in zer subconscious mind. By keelink himzelf, Kamahl iz physically expressink hiz feelinks uf self-disgust ova hiz desire for hiz muzzer. [/GermanPsychologistVoice]
56957928 wrote:
57799958 wrote:
That makes no sense to me. If they spelled the ability out on the card in full then it would not be allowed in a mono-black Commander deck, but because they used a keyword to save space it is allowed? ~ Tim
Yup, just like you can have Birds of paradise in a mono green deck but not Noble Hierarch. YAY COLOR IDENTITY
56287226 wrote:
56888618 wrote:
Is algebra really that difficult?
Survey says yes.
56883218 wrote:
57799958 wrote:
You want to make a milky drink. You squeeze a cow.
I love this description. Like the cows are sponges filled with milk. I can see it all Nick Parks claymation-style with the cow's eyes bugging out momentarily as a giant farmer squeezes it like a squeaky dog toy, and milk shoots out of it.
56287226 wrote:
56735468 wrote:
And no judge will ever give you a game loss for playing snow covered lands.
I now have a new goal in life. ;)
Still adds up to 15 mana though..

Hmm.. tricksy one
O o /¯/________________________ _____________ | IMA FIRIN MAH LAZER!!! BLAAAAAARGH!!!!!!!!! \_\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
One thing I found interesting to note was that he has the same kind of transparent frame as the Planeswalkers, so you can see art all over the card.  I wonder if all the Eldrazi are like this, or if we'll get to see some cards in a "standard" Colorless frame similar to the one found on Ghostfire (sans the dorky circular art window).

You want to see a card in a standard colorless frame? Walking Atlas
That one is soooo losing its errata baby!
Holy [expletive deleted]!
Preview was a success on all levels.
Synergy with fetchlands and mass destruction is insane. Seriously, this guy, then boom//bust. Attack. Win soon. It even kills their chumps!

Sig
Disclaimers
My initial responses to rules questions are usually just answers. If you want an explanation as to why, say so. Just because it says I'm there, I'm not necessarily there. I leave my browser open so I don't have to reload ~30 tabs. Anyone who wants to text duel me through either PM or chat can just PM me with a format (and a time if playing through chat). I don't play standard.
# Card Blind Hall of Fame
3CB
3CB #1 (1/30/11): Won by silasw, with Mishra's Factory, Orzhov Basilica, Vindicate. 3CB #2 (2/13/11): Won by Vektor480, with Mishra's Workshop, Ensnaring Bridge, Scalding Tongs 3CB #3(2/20/11): Joint win between defuse, with Saprazzan Skerry, Scalding Tongs, Energy Field; and Mown, with The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale, Inkmoth Nexus, Sheltered Valley 3CB #4(3/13/11): Won by Mown, with Keldon Megaliths, The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale, Boros Garrison 3CB #5(3/20/11): Won by silasw, with Black Lotus, Channel, Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
5CB
5CB 1 (3/6/11): Won by Maraxus-of-Keld, with Tropical Island, Thallid, Nether Spirit, Daze, Foil
quotes
56819178 wrote:
So, how would I use a card that has a large in the top half and "sui?l? -- pu?? ?is?q" across the middle?
57031358 wrote:
99113151 wrote:
Winning is not important if: 1. You win by a blowout. 2. You pay billions of dollars in cards to win. If you like wasting money just to win one game, while you could have saved it to lose a few and end up winning more in the future, then it is fine by me.
what? do you ceremonially light your deck on fire after a win?
57169958 wrote:
Or did no one notice Transmogrifying Licid before. (And by not notice, I mean covered their ears and shouted LA LA LA LA )
57193048 wrote:
57169958 wrote:
Hmmm... I think the most awkward situation at the moment is simply the Myr Welder / Equipment / Licid / Aura craziness, but I'm pretty sure he's aware of it.
If the most awkward thing going on right now involves Licids, I declare victory.
56287226 wrote:
We regret to inform you of Trevor Kidd's untimely demise in an unfortunate accident involving a mysteriously blown breaker box and a photophobic creature of unknown origin at his home near Renton, Washington. We at the Wizards Community apologize for any inconvenience or delay, and assure you we'll be preparing a replacement to assume his duties as soon as we finish warming up the cloning vats.
[02:47:46] It doesn't merely "come out of suspend" - you take the last time counter off, and then suspend triggers and say "now cast that! CAST IT NOOOOOW!" [02:47:49] Because suspend has no indoors voice
[10:11:33] !opalescence [10:11:33] Opalescence {2WW} |Enchantment| Each other non-Aura enchantment is a creature with power and toughness each equal to its converted mana cost. It's still an enchantment. · Reserved,UD-R,Vin,Leg,Cla,USBC [10:11:51] *sigh* [10:12:10] Otecko: Do you have a question about Opalescence? [10:12:17] sure [10:12:23] $10 on humility interaction [10:12:25] :P [10:12:29] :D [10:12:47] humility + opalescence put into play by replenish
Ego
58325628 wrote:
Mage is awesome, BTW.
56967858 wrote:
Dear Mage24365, You are totally awesome. Thank you so much. I hope you are able to dine in Paradise without kicking the bucket to actually get there, and that every dollar you ever make magically becomes two more.
58158398 wrote:
56761258 wrote:
I don't think there are any cards like that. There are things that prevent you from activating activated abilities, things that increase their cost, and things that counter them, but I don't think anything triggers from them specifically. There are things that trigger from targeting, so that might be relevant, but I can't think of anything that triggers from targeting a player. I'm almost positive there's nothing that triggers from damage being prevented.
Rings of Brighthearth; Dormant Gomazoa; Samite Ministration.
56761258 wrote:
Well played.

Oh good lord, this was an amazing way to preview a card. If all the Eldrazi are like this, then the money I spent on my Eye of Ugin's was wasted, but I wouldn't be to upest about that.

Why do some many people seem surprised/excited that Eldrazi aren't artifacts? I mean, it's not like there was anything hinting that they would be, and we know from Ghostfire that WotC was planning on making colorless important...at that point, everything being artifact as well would distract from the point, would it not? 
Stop using "IMO" in sentences that aren't opinion. If you don't think a deck will ever be tier 1, that's great - but it's not an opinion. It's a prediction of the future. I identify as neither male nor female. You may refer to me with either gender pronoun or the singular they, whichever suits you best. ^_^ Re: Dismember
97543238 wrote:
Everybody knows that having your awesome creatures killed before they can do anything is frustrating, but the Red mage in me doesn't seem to understand why it's so bad when his creatures spontaneously combust into Flame Javelins and make his opponent discard something at the same time.
Currently Working On: Self-Mill (Standard)
Well, the set's probably all the same color, or non-color, so perhaps they arranged it by P/T? Since the set has Eldrazi in its name it is unlikely that there are only 5 cards with J or lower in their name.

Am I the only one who giggled when he kept going and going and going and going and going and going??? I thought it was a wee tacky.
It's my sig in a box! -RP Jesus
Show
I... need a filing cabinet. -Quagmire I think I saw Emrakul in a cartoon with Japanese schoolgirls once. It didn't end well. -Qmark Edit: Couldn't find a cookie, so here's an octopus. Enjoy. -Zigeif777
57718868 wrote:
58844013 wrote:
grandma pumps the threat she ramps.
If you believe in Jesus and love him and aren't afraid to admit it, put this in your sig. Jun 30, 2010 -- 1:35AM, S1AL wrote: Playing a bad deck in order to be original is like using crappy tools to build something. Not only does it look bad in the end, but nobody really thinks that you're cool for being unwilling to do things the way a professional would.
Look at the card. Now back to Jace. Now back to that card, now back to Jace! Sadly, it isn't Jace, but if it stopped being a junk rare and became relevant, it could act like it's Jace. Crack some Worldwake. What do you have? You have a Jace, the card you wish this card could be like. Look again. THE CARD IS NOW A $75 BILL. Anything possible when you play Magic with Jace and not junk rares.
As a side note, that no-border art is some pretty cool shizz. I may just get one for that.

ANd I would like to take this time to formally  give the world the finger for laughing at my timeless shout...

REPENT, THE DAY OF SUMMONING TRAP IS AT HAND!!!!!!
It's my sig in a box! -RP Jesus
Show
I... need a filing cabinet. -Quagmire I think I saw Emrakul in a cartoon with Japanese schoolgirls once. It didn't end well. -Qmark Edit: Couldn't find a cookie, so here's an octopus. Enjoy. -Zigeif777
57718868 wrote:
58844013 wrote:
grandma pumps the threat she ramps.
If you believe in Jesus and love him and aren't afraid to admit it, put this in your sig. Jun 30, 2010 -- 1:35AM, S1AL wrote: Playing a bad deck in order to be original is like using crappy tools to build something. Not only does it look bad in the end, but nobody really thinks that you're cool for being unwilling to do things the way a professional would.
Look at the card. Now back to Jace. Now back to that card, now back to Jace! Sadly, it isn't Jace, but if it stopped being a junk rare and became relevant, it could act like it's Jace. Crack some Worldwake. What do you have? You have a Jace, the card you wish this card could be like. Look again. THE CARD IS NOW A $75 BILL. Anything possible when you play Magic with Jace and not junk rares.
Well, the set's probably all the same color, or non-color, so perhaps they arranged it by P/T? Since the set has Eldrazi in its name it is unlikely that there are only 5 cards with J or lower in their name.

Yeah, I think that this set is probably all-colorless, but like you said, it doesn't make sense that they just alphabetized it. I forget if I read on MTGS or here, but someone speculated that 'real' colorless cards came first, and then 'fake' ones, like Ghostfire, would come afterwards, organized in normal WUBRG order.

Am I the only one who giggled when he kept going and going and going and going and going and going??? I thought it was a wee tacky.

Mmmm...boys giggling are cute. :-p

As a side note, that no-border art is some pretty cool shizz. I may just get one for that.

Yes. I was so ecstatic about the Planeswalker art extending under the textbox, not to mention un-lands in Zendikar...and now this? Wotc loves me today. :D

ANd I would like to take this time to formally  give the world the finger for laughing at my timeless shout...

REPENT, THE DAY OF SUMMONING TRAP IS AT HAND!!!!!!

Ha, yeah, I'm completely with you...I've been investing in Summoning Traps ever since that one article came out where there was a really popular one in FFL...I just got this strong feeling that it actually, was a good deck, rather than just some cheezy thing that wouldn't last in competitive play, and if there are many more cards like this, I think I was right. Especially since Eye can tutor and Jace can place it on top...probably a better way to do it, but I let obsessive Johnny's and Pro's figure that out.
Stop using "IMO" in sentences that aren't opinion. If you don't think a deck will ever be tier 1, that's great - but it's not an opinion. It's a prediction of the future. I identify as neither male nor female. You may refer to me with either gender pronoun or the singular they, whichever suits you best. ^_^ Re: Dismember
97543238 wrote:
Everybody knows that having your awesome creatures killed before they can do anything is frustrating, but the Red mage in me doesn't seem to understand why it's so bad when his creatures spontaneously combust into Flame Javelins and make his opponent discard something at the same time.
Currently Working On: Self-Mill (Standard)

It's acutally nothing like the planeswalker-frames, this one is completely borderless. Here's to hoping that a light coloured edge like that won't get ruined as soon as you touch it (as the case is with all white bordered cards).
Jaw=Dropped
I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green
I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.
They all laughed at me when I path to exiled a birds of paradise, little did they know that it won me the game. Twice.
Best arcana ever of all time.
our new, happy life