Dragon 384 - Class Acts: Commando Warlord

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
DnDi_Large.png  Dragon 384
Class Acts
Commando Warlord

By Robert J. Schwalb

A commando warlord lives by a simple strategy: Fight smarter. He wants to know everything he can about any enemy, and be as prepared as possible for any battle. By doing so, he knows he will put his allies -- and himself -- in the best possible position to win. Learn about the strategies of the commando warlord here, and see whether you have what it takes to join their ranks.

Many warlords favor a direct approach in battle, fighting from the vanguard as they lead the charge to smash through the enemy ranks. And though warlords might approach these aggressive methods from various directions -- with some favoring skirmishing and others preferring reckless bravado, their results are often the same. The commando warlord, however, outwits and outmaneuvers his or her enemies by laying traps and springing ambushes to catch foes unawares.

Talk about this article here.

384_ca_warlord2.jpg

Before posting, why not ask yourself, What Would Wrecan Say?

IMAGE(http://images.onesite.com/community.wizards.com/user/marandahir/thumb/9ac5d970f3a59330212c73baffe4c556.png?v=90000)

A great man once said "If WotC put out boxes full of free money there'd still be people complaining about how it's folded." – Boraxe

I think people usually find that articles that just offer powers are slightly underwhelming to those that offer other options (feats or paragon paths) - however, in this instance, it is very refreshing to as least have powers released for every level 1-30; it goes a long way to putting forth a concept for people to play to the end. 

With that said, these powers are solid, good work!
I think people usually find that articles that just offer powers are slightly underwhelming to those that offer other options (feats or paragon paths) - however, in this instance, it is very refreshing to as least have powers released for every level 1-30; it goes a long way to putting forth a concept for people to play to the end. 

With that said, these powers are solid, good work!

I dislike articles that just give heroic tier powers. I like this one, because it doesn't just cover all 30 levels, but it also covers a theme. I can see that I keep this theme even if I go to higher levels and retrain old powers for new ones.

That is a problem of the power retraining in general - sometimes you don't really find a good "replacement" power for one you had before. Neither the mechanics nor the flavor seem to fit.

This article is an example done well.