SPOILER: Anakin Skywalker becomes Darth Vader!

Okay, cheeky thread title, but hear me out:

I just watched Revenge of the Sith for the first time in a while. In the meantime, I've been watching lots of The Clone Wars... Season 1 on blu-ray, and Season 2 every week. I've gotten really used to seeing Anakin as the brazen, happy-go-lucky Jedi warrior, earnest student of Obi-wan Kenobi, and mentor and friend to Ahsoka Tano.

And tonight, watching him get burned alive on that crappy little embankment on Mustafar, well... that whole scene just had a completely new poignancy. It was heartbreaking, actually (well, watching him mow down all those little kids in the temple was even more heartbreaking, but you get my drift).

I think The Clone Wars show might ultimately add a lot more weight to the saga as a whole, and I welcome that.

Also, I hope we get some Wilhuff Tarkin in future seasons. Cool

72ccb3a99f297b7624ecac31e26f7921.png?v=33480
Star Wars: Tapestry
 - a play-by-post campaign for everyone... good OR evil!

I agree, the movies never allowed the fans to see the true hero Anakin was. The Clone Wars has allowed that, and his fall is a lot mure tragic to see happen. We always had clues that he was great, but now we are seeing first hand how wonderful he could be. iIstill would like to seee more to substantiate the claim the "he was the best starfighter pilot in the galaxy" in the show, but they have done all overall wonderful job in the series.
I don't know. I still find myself cheering as he gets set on fire. And I still find myself wishing Obi Wan had simply force pushed Anakin down into the lava.

I think it has everything to do with the horrible actor playing Anakin.

Because I like the Clone Wars tv show and I think Anakin is a good strong character. (That just happened to be butchered by some of the worst Dialogue and acting in the business) As far as the scene goes and his fall goes it holds more significance because thanks to the Clone Wars we get to see Anakin as a hero. In Neither prequel (II or III) do we really see Anakin as anything other than a Dark Jedi at best, and an out and out Sith throughout most of the Revenge of the Sith. (Even before he got the official name of Darth Vader)
http://guild.medialoungeca.com/index.php?action=forum The Guild I'm apart of. We're in WOW, STO, Rift and soon Star Wars feel free to register and hang out. http://sparkster11.deviantart.com/ my deviantart Wheelman of the House of Trolls, "I love it when you watch" Carrier of Section 2, 3 and 6 cargo. Resident Driver Stud God of Transportation and Lust.
Sign In to post comments