First PTQ

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
So last Saturday I went to the Iselin PTQ in Jersey. Mike Flores and some other cool kids were there and the tournament had about 150+ people. I ran U Scapeshift and did pretty well dropping at 3-1.

Most popular decks:
Domain Zoo
Dark Depths/Thopter
Scapeshift
Burn

Affinity
Elves
Dredge
Demigod/AIR

I lost my 4th round to a Bant zoo deck that was mainboarding 3 negates. I brought in my own Negates aganist his negates which ended up even more fustrating when he landed a Teeg and locked me down. For me PTQ, I was suprised at all the odd decks people were running, I saw a Raging Goblin Blazing Shaol deck that started out 3-0 and werid Doran rock decks even.

I gotta say that Thopter and Scapeshift are 2 really amazing decks, they were the main 2 decks everyone was fighting.

Anyone else go to PTQ's yet? There's another one in Jersey on March 6th I think.
So last Saturday I went to the Iselin PTQ in Jersey. Mike Flores and some other cool kids were there and the tournament had about 150+ people. I ran U Scapeshift and did pretty well dropping at 3-1.

Most popular decks:
Domain Zoo
Dark Depths/Thopter
Scapeshift
Burn

Affinity
Elves
Dredge
Demigod/AIR

I lost my 4th round to a Bant zoo deck that was mainboarding 3 negates. I brought in my own Negates aganist his negates which ended up even more fustrating when he landed a Teeg and locked me down. For me PTQ, I was suprised at all the odd decks people were running, I saw a Raging Goblin Blazing Shaol deck that started out 3-0 and werid Doran rock decks even.

I gotta say that Thopter and Scapeshift are 2 really amazing decks, they were the main 2 decks everyone was fighting.

Anyone else go to PTQ's yet? There's another one in Jersey on March 6th I think.

Why are you not running dispel? It is so good against counters and most spells.
Running dispel and negate is good too.
Real men hold shift. If everyone has their fingers in the pie, then someone is eating fingers.

Most popular decks:
Domain Zoo
Dark Depths/Thopter
Scapeshift
Burn

Affinity
Elves
Dredge
Demigod/AIR

Why are you not running dispel? It is so good against counters and most spells.
Running dispel and negate is good too.

I SBed 4 Negates, which I had to bring in aganist his negates. unforunately he had spell snares and bant charms. which outcountered me.
I'll be attending the PTQ on March 6th. Rocking Blue Control.