The PIT: A Player Introduction Thread for the TdT's

67 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hi there, recently it was abou time to post a new Text Duel Thread, and with each reproduction we're trying to improve the idea a bit. This time cats_and_me had an Idea worth a try, he does have those ideas pretty often;).

THE 'PROBLEM':

When people play casual, it's often an issue what's the power level of a given Deck. 'What is Casual?' or 'What does anything goes mean?' are big questions of nigh philosophical proportions so when you ask someone for a casual match you can encounter everything from a deck assembled for the fun of playing certain cards but without being close to gamewinning to overpowered tournament winning decks. Sometimes people have a competitive playgroup where it's common to run expensive manabases(original duals, fetchlands etc...) or where it's possible to run Vintage Illegal decks(4x Sol Ring etc.), and to those, casual has a totally different meaning than to the players who see casual as a format to play fun and creative decks over tournament worthy and/or broken decks. This is not to say that a deck with four [c]Lotus Petal[/C]s is seen as overpowered and far from casual, as I said "What is Casual?", "What's the power level of a given Deck?" are hard to answer questions. But this is not the Thread for this discussion...

THE IDEA:

The Idea of this Thread is on the one hand to give the people playing in the Text Duel Threads an opportunity to Introduce themself and the Decks they're playing there, and on the other hand to make it easy to check what awaits you or what to prepare for when you encounter a new opponent.

If this Thread proves to be of any worth, i.e. when a lot of the Text Duel Threads regulars make use of the feature we might get this Thread, or another if preferred, stickied later.

HERE'S HOW IT GOES:

You can introduce yourself anyway you want basically. But for Text Duels there are certain informations that come in handy to the community. It would be nice to know the formats you play in for example, or a short list of the decks you want to play in the TdT's. I'm not talking about Decklists, you can give away as much or as little information about your decks as you want, maybe the color combination and a name would be fine.
Also it could help you getting matchups when you post the time zone you're living in.

When something changes, let's say you've built a new Deck or you started to play a different Format, it would be best to just edit your Introduction Post instead of writing a new one.

211b5f1df55fe4cffefbfe2a1e9d2e8f.jpg?v=10500 "We have no need for military might. We wield two of the sharpest swords ever forged: Faith in our left hand, Wealth in our right."

Hey kids! Do you like Slivers?
If you like Slivers, why not join The Hive? A group dedicated to gather everything there is to know about these fascinating creatures. The Hive: A Sliver Database
Ok. To make a Start:

I'm Omega137 and I'm a casual player. I don't go to tournaments or anything I just play with the cards I like and don't care that much for block, standard or extended formats. Some of my Decks are more powerful than others I think but I mostly built them for flavor or to build around a card/machanic I really like.

I live in the GMT+1 timezone(Berlin, Rome, Zürich,...) which is about 6 hours ahead of the USA for example.

To me Casual is a format where the fun of playing a great game comes first, winning the game is a nice bonus to it. However winning isn't necessary to enjoy a casual match of Magic.

These are the Decks I run:
Decks

- - The End is Nigh! (LD)
-:0mana: - Tutor Dreadnought
- - Faster Fun with Fungus
- - Astro Life
- - DiscoBurn (Pauper/Working on a non-pauper version atm)
- - Very Fancy!!(Multiplayer)
- - Orzhov, Church of Deals (ravnica block legal)
- - Boros, Legion of Glory (ravnica block legal)
- - Zombies
- - Level Up or "Santa comes to town often"
- all kinds of Sliver-Decks

211b5f1df55fe4cffefbfe2a1e9d2e8f.jpg?v=10500 "We have no need for military might. We wield two of the sharpest swords ever forged: Faith in our left hand, Wealth in our right."

If you like Slivers, why not join The Hive? A group dedicated to gather everything there is to know about these fascinating creatures. The Hive: A Sliver Database
Sounds like a great idea!

Hi all, I'm royinator. I play casual exclusively because I don't care for formats - too restrictive!
I live in New York, which is in the Eastern Time Zone (GMT -4 or -5, depending on daylight savings time).

My decks are in my sig.
I am Ajani_is_da_man A.K.A Ajani; I play basicly every format.
Casual: 5- color Hedron Crab Mill (still in progress)
Standard: Burn
Legacy: Enchantress
Vintage: Merfolk
Extended: Mono Martyr of Sands
EDH: Progenitus
I live in the U.S. Eastern Time
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!" I'm cool too: click click click IMAGE(http://dragcave.net/image/6muO.gif)Adopt one today!Adopt one today!IMAGE(http://dragcave.net/image/dtqo.gif)IMAGE(http://dragcave.net/image/2SSh.gif)IMAGE(http://dragcave.net/image/5hmf.gif)IMAGE(http://dragcave.net/image/26gY.gif)IMAGE(http://dragcave.net/image/6SdI.gif)
I'm Kamahl, Call me kamahl, or krosan.
The decks i usually play are:
WUB - Solar Pox.
GU - Snake Tribal.
RW - Kor/Leonin Equips.
RW - Kazuul, Tyrant of the Cliff Tokens.
and i have a deck for each of the enemy colour shards showcasing mainly enemy colour multicolour cards.
WAZZAP!!!!  I'm The_Answer, I'm from Michigan, and I've got decks for just about every format except EDH. I usually don't buy singles, in my opinion it's like using cheat codes in a video game. I'd much rather work with what I've got.

Decks

Suspend Control
Eye of the storm
Eldrazi
Landfall Allies (standard legal)
Levelers
Vampires (standard legal)
Knights/Angels
Big Green Beatdown
Liliana Duel deck, slightly modified
Garruk Duel deck, Slightly modified
Counter/Mill

You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
Vektor480, call me Vektor, no problems.

I play only casual games with no format restriction. I have many, many decks and almost all of them have low power levels. I'm not going to list them because most of the time I play, it is with new deck ideas. They are combo decks or decks centered around one card most of the time. I'm always expecting to have a nice game with cool people, nothing competitive nor too serious. 
OMG click HERE! OMG! How to autocard and use decklist format
--->
For autocarding, write [c][/c] with the name of the card inside it. [c]Island[/c] = Island For linking a card to Gatherer without writting the name of said card for readers, use the autocard brackets together with and equal sign and right the name of the real card. Then put the message you want inside the tags, like you would do with autocarding. Like this: [c=Curse of the Cabal]Captain Never-resolves[/c] = Captain Never-resolves For using the decklist format, follow this: [deck] 4* Terramorphic Expanse 4* Evolving Wilds ... [/deck] It equals:
Real signature, Sblocked for space:
57817638 wrote:
I like storm crow because I really like crows in real life, as an animal, and the card isn't terribly stupid, but packs a good deal of nostalgia and also a chunck of the game's history. So it's perhaps one of the cards I have most affection to, but not because "lol storm crow is bad hurr hurr durr".
Listen to my SoundCloud while you read my signature. The Island, Come And See, The Landlord's Daughter, You'll Not Feel The Drowning - The Decemberists by vimschy IMAGE(http://dragcave.net/image/rkvR.gif)IMAGE(http://dragcave.net/image/L3es.gif) IMAGE(http://dragcave.net/image/m71H.gif)
Quotes
56747598 wrote:
57295478 wrote:
Although I do assume you deliberately refer to them (DCI) as The Grand Imperial Convocation of Evil just for the purposes of making them sound like an ancient and terrible conspiracy.
Now, now. 1994 doesn't quite qualify as "ancient".
56734518 wrote:
Oh, it's a brilliant plan. You see, Bolas was travelling through shadowmoor, causing trouble, when he saw a Wickerbough Elder with its stylin' dead scarecrow hat. Now, Bolas being Bolas took the awesome hat and he put it on his head, but even with all his titanic powers of magic he couldn't make it fit. He grabbed some more scarecrows, but then a little kithkin girl asked if he was trying to build a toupee. "BY ALL THE POWERS IN THE MULTIVERSE!" he roared, "I WILL HAVE A HAT WORTHY OF MY GLORY." and so he went through his Dark Lore of Doom (tm) looking for something he could make into a hat that would look as stylish on him as a scarecrow does on a treefolk. He thought about the Phyrexians, but they were covered in goopy oil that would make his nonexistant hair greasy. He Tried out angels for a while but they didn't sit quite right. Then, he looked under "e" (because in the Elder Draconic alphabet, "e" for Eldrazi is right next to "h" for Hat) in his Dark Lore of Doom and saw depictions of the Eldrazi, and all their forms. "THIS SHALL BE MY HAT!" he declared, poking a picture of Emrakul, "AND WITH IT I WILL USHER IN A NEW AGE OF DARKNESS -- ER, I MEAN A NEW AGE OF FASHION!" And so Nicol Bolas masterminded the release of the Eldrazi.
57864098 wrote:
Rhox War Monk just flips pancakes, and if games have told us anything, it's that food = life.
56747598 wrote:
76973988 wrote:
This thread has gotten creepy. XP
Really? Really? The last couple days have been roughly every perverse fetish imaginable, but it only got "creepy" when speculation on Mother of Runes's mob affiliation came up?
76672808 wrote:
57864098 wrote:
57531048 wrote:
Nice mana base. Not really.
Yeah, really. If my deck was going to cost $1000+, I'd at least make it good.
99812049 wrote:
I like to think up what I consider clever names for my decks, only later to be laughed at by my wife. It kills me a little on the inside, but thats what marriage is about.
56816728 wrote:
56854588 wrote:
Of course, the best use [of tolaria west] is transmuting for the real Tolaria. ;)
Absolutely. I used to loose to my buddy's Banding deck for ages, it was then that I found out about Tolaria, and I was finally able win my first game.
70246459 wrote:
WOAH wait wait wait
56957928 wrote:
You know, being shallow and jusdgmental aside, "I later found out that Jon infiltrated his way into OKCupid dates with at least two other people"
56957928 wrote:
"I later found out that Jon infiltrated his way into OKCupid dates with at least two other people"
56957928 wrote:
Jon infiltrated his way into OKCupid dates
56957928 wrote:
OH MY GOD
109874309 wrote:
The only way I'd cast this card is into a bonfire.
82032421 wrote:
The short answer is that there's no rule barring annoying people from posting, but there a rule barring us from harassing them about it.
56747598 wrote:
Browbeat is a card that is an appropriate deck choice when there's no better idea available. "No better idea available" was pretty much the running theme of Odyssey era.
56874518 wrote:
Or perhaps it was a more straightforward comment indicating a wish for you to be bitten (Perhaps repeatedly) by a small yet highly venomous arachnid.
70246459 wrote:
58280208 wrote:
You're an idiot, and I'm in no mood for silliness.
57817638 wrote:
57145078 wrote:
You just... Vektor it.
That's the answer to everything.
70246459 wrote:
58347268 wrote:
I think the problem is that you don't exist.
This would sound great out of context!
56965458 wrote:
Modern is like playing a new tournament every time : you build a deck, you win with it, don't bother keeping it. Just build another, its key pieces will get banned.
57864098 wrote:
57309598 wrote:
I specifically remember posting a thread when I was just a witty bitty noob.
You make it sound like that's still not the case.
58325628 wrote:
Rap is what happens when the c from crap is taken away.
Doug Beyer:
But sometimes it's also challenging. Because sometimes OH MY GOD, WHAT THE HELL IS THIS THING?
141434757 wrote:
Flashforward five thousand years (Click for atmosphere) :
57927608 wrote:
to paraphrase Jeff Goldblum, Vektor finds a way.
58347268 wrote:
when in rome **** AND PILLAGE
143229641 wrote:
I always find it helpful when im angry to dress up in an owl costume and rub pennies all over my body in front of a full body mirror next to the window.
Dymecoar:
Playing Magic without Blue is like sleeping without any sheets or blankets. You can do it...but why?
Omega137:
Me: "I love the moment when a control deck stabilizes. It feels so... right." Omega137: "I like the life drop part until you get there, it's the MtG variant of bungee jumping"
Zigeif777:
Just do it like Yu-Gi-Oh or monkeys: throw all the crap you got at them and hope it works or else the by-standers (or opponents) just get dirty and pissed.
57471038 wrote:
58258708 wrote:
It's true that Alpha and Beta didn't contain any cards like Tarmogoyf, Darksteel Colossus, or Platinum Angel. It just contained weak, insignificant cards like Black Lotus, Mox Sapphire, and Time Walk.
Normally it's difficult to pick up on your jokes/sarcasm. But this one's pretty much out there. Good progress. You have moved up to Humanoid. You'll be Human in no time.
91893448 wrote:
94618431 wrote:
I didn't know Samurai were known to be able to cut down whole armies...
They can when they're using lightsabers!
57129358 wrote:
97980259 wrote:
My wife brought home a baby black squirrel they found on a horse track and cared for it for a few days. We named it Grixis, but it died.
Unearth it!
70246459 wrote:
[/spoiler] And I'm on Magic Arcana. How about you? Oh, by the way, I'm also on From the Lab now. Twice, actually. And now with my own submited decklist!
Wassup!  Maraxas is the name, Red is the game

I do play plenty of other decks, though.  My playstyle is a bit more competetive by nature, but I have very few netdecks, and only play casual for now, and I am almost done with a multiplayer-style EDH.  Some decks of mine:

Sligh
Mishra's Pets
Magus of the Library (contains Maze of Ith nastyness)
Soldiers of Attrition
Counter Wizards
A bunch in the progress of Acquireing cards. 

Oh, and I'm pretty much insane
Tequilasaurus here. Call me Teq. I'm getting back into Legacy, after a long time gone. I still prefer casual.

My decks (And any potentially nasty things about them):
:R::U: Dragons (4x Bogardens)
:G: Elves (1x Jitte, infinite combos)
:B::U::G: BUG Goodstuff (Nothing too bad)
:B: Tough Choices deck (4x Dark Ritual)
:U::R::G: Storm (Numerous banned cards)
mana_16.gif Colorless Artifact Stompy (Built for Legacy play)
:R: Legacy Goblins (Wastelands, etc.)
:U: Time Spiral block aggro (Some shadow creatures)
:B::G: Deathrender combo (4x Protean Hulk)

A few others. I'll edit later, or if I build more decks.
Hey diddle diddle, the cat and the fiddle, the cow jumped over the moon. The little dog laughed to see such sport, And the Dish ran away with the Spoon. He ran from conviction, and fed his addiction as the Dish heated the Spoon... The Spoon begged to go, but the Dish shouted : "NO!!" "The heroin will be ready soon!" "Any time doing the right thing is funny as hell, it's probably Chaotic Good." IMAGE(http://i46.tinypic.com/2jcu9fs.png)
Hi!

I started playing back when Kamigawa was first released, and I've been pretty hooked ever since. I started - as I imagine most people do - with a fascination for creature-based decks, and this predilection has more recently had to compete with my growing competitiveness and desire to know more about the tourney decks of yore.

Because I'm on a fairly average budget, I decided to invest in the Pauper format, which has yielded amazing results; I'd never though that commons-only decks could be so fun and so awesome! This is why I have several Pauper decks (and several more in the works).

List of Completed Decks
Pauper
RDW - (disbanded)
Jund Ramp - (disbanded)
Affinity - (to be upgraded to Legacy Affinity)

Tier 1 Casual
Naya Zoo - (in flux)
Fae -
UG Madness -
UB Tog -

Tier 2 Casual
Lark -
Dragonstorm -
Heartbeat Desire - (disbanded)
Spicy Pickles - /
Deck Critique VCL
Show
Rules Advisor Don't assume I have read any response you might have made directed toward me in a thread or post. The best method to contact me is Private Message as I will always check there upon logging on Please review the Code of Conduct or the Comprehensive Rules when in doubt. Also, please use Google for your easy-to-answer questions. Read this for a bit on game mathematics. This is information on game psychology and the infamous term "scrub." Autocard:
[c]Gifts Ungiven[/c] -> Gifts Ungiven
royk's Tradesroyk's Deck Dump
Hello there! I'm from Europe, and I'm running pretty unconventional three-colored enemy-colored or even four-colored casual decks, they are weak because they are simply too non-conformative, but I'm not playing to win, anyway.. I'm looking for an interactive match with an exciting mid-game and late-game, that's why I refuse to play against combo decks and lockdown decks and tournament decks, which are decks that I would auto-lose to, anyway..
Hey cats, funnily enough i've got a deck for each enemy coloured shard too.. I just find it fun. You up for a match?
Hey cats, funnily enough i've got a deck for each enemy coloured shard too.. I just find it fun. You up for a match?

Sorry if I have to get a bit restrictive on you but I thought this thread for posting player profiles/introductions only. If you'd like to chat with other players please use PM's or the option to leave a comment at the users profile page. That's why I deleted my discussion I had with royk earlier today after everything was clear between the two of us. This thread would look nicer if you'd delete your post;)

No offense intended, I'm just trying to keep things simple, and the most simple way to build this thread is if there are only player introducing posts posted/edited here.

Thanks in advance, Omega137

Greetings all: I'm the rare breed of magic player...the kind who is female and introduced to the game of her own free will rather than by a boyfriend. I started playing casually in the late 90s when I went to a small shop to buy pokemon cards and found something FAR better. I played with friends at the lunch table in 7th grade. Our format was the most casual of the casual, and we played decks that were almost entirely made of one-ofs, contained as many as 200 cards, and were designed to pretty much zero specific strategy. However, this was 'the old days' of magic. 4 dark rituals was very normal for any black deck and 4 counterspells and brainstorms were expected in any blue. We encountered land tax, necropotence, and tons of other broken cards on a regular basis since ebay was selling them for 1.50 a pop, and we had NO idea how to wield such incredible power. After I went to high school, I got more interested in brooding over loves lost and wandering the streets in search of mischief, but I kept my cards out of sentimental attachment and returned after the release of M10. Since then, I've jumped head first into the competitive legacy and vintage communities. I now play both competitively and causually, but my focus is mostly on getting myself groomed for winning big eternal format events. Still, casual is where I started, and it will always be an MTG refuge when I get tired of pretending tarmogoyf is the only green creature ever printed and no deck is viable without moxen and black lotus (which I don't own...I go to non-sanctioned vintage...really wish I'd picked up those moxies at $30 each in '95...reallllly wish)

Current casual decks:

puppet-master: Board locks, creature steals, and holds the game in check until I land a tombstalker for the win!

Norin combo! This deck operates the quintessential jank rare norin the wary and attempts to transform him into norin the mighty. Best damage in one turn was 135 to win against an unholy lifegain engine.

[/] amp eadon. ed o have ak, aded hem fo looaak hen aoh money (dmdea...). Anyay, h dek e []le[/] and []ad elephan[/] o leahe oad alonh on of mana ampno eneally a ove-oed an akly a pole. ' a mmy' playond hanh []hon elemenal[/]...an old favoe fom he h ade lnh ale /> />[m] block-con landfall. This is zendikar only and was taken to a block constructed tournament a few months ago...it's pre worldwake, so it needs updating, but it's generally based around harrowing into HUGE creature beats with adventuring gear, kor duelist, plated geopede, and the rest of the usual suspects.

allies. It was UWG, but the green got cut when freeblade was printed as the service of oran rief survivalist is no longer required. Fun deck, but very very very generic. Mine is more controlly with lots of counters and removal, but it's not very interesting.

15 land sui vamps: This is my favorite casual deck to play because it's fast, it's smooth, and it's wicked. Some have said that 4 dark ritual, 4 hymn, and 2 lotus petal take the 'casual' out of this one, but I <3 it.

Edit: Current competitive decks...because I can:

Legacy tezzeret stax: Classic stax deck that does what stax is known for: plays solitaire after a turn 5 stabalization at 10 or so life and wins after a long and excrutiating process of smoking the opponent to nothing while recurring my own cards to swing them to death with Tezzy creatures, magus of the tabernacle, or, in a pinch, metalworker. This deck is somewhat unique in that it uses tezzeret and, most recently, jace the mind sculptor as well as combat locks with bottled cloister and ensnaring bridge to generate unholy card advantage, pin the game, and create a situation where the opponent usually gives up due to time.

Legacy tempo thresh: Generic legacy aggro control using goofy, goosey, 12 maindeck counters, and burns to pack graveyards with tasty goodies and swing for the win.

Vintage oath: Again, a very generic deck which uses oath of druids to cheat for Iona and hellkite overlord and, because brokenness is tech in vintage, vault/key comes out when I can't get the orchard dudes to stick.

Vintage painter/reanimator: Unique take on a simplistic painter/stone  combo which uses a reanimated Iona to complete the lock and can goblin weld or tinker for inkwell leviathan. Basically, you look at your hand, see what you've got, and start digging for the easiest wincondition. If you get stopped along the way by a pesky chalice of the void or pithing needle, you go immediately to the next easiest option. The concept here is: NEVER run out of ways to win.

(content removed)
Hi everyone, I'm Mychemicalrobert. I don't actually like mychemicalromance I just thought that the name was clever. I refuse to use cards that aren't in standard but I don't mind playing against people who do. Just so you know I also like Yugioh (don't attack me for it) but I really like this game as well.

My goblin cards finally came today so a goblin sligh deck is the one I would be using against anyone that chooses to play me; don't worry though as I'm really cheap and I refuse to pay for goblin guide at the moment.

I'm from England by the way so I'm six hours behind any of you yanks - correct me if I'm wrong.
Hi, I'm Thai Toast. Call me Thai, call me Toast, call me Madison, I don't really care. I have a few different decks, ranging in power from just not very good, to possible turn 2 kills. Anyway, here's the list:

Mono Green (slow, not that good)
Kithkin (aggressive, pretty strong)
Rogues (Aggressive, runs 4 Dark Ritual and 4 Bitterblossom
All Creatures, All the Time (Slow, mediocre)
Burn (This is my legacy deck. It can generally win on turn 4)
Hatred (Very, very angry black deck. Runs 4 Dark rit, Lotus Petal, and 1 of every restricted black tutor)
Hellbent Madness (Slow, weak. Easily my worst deck)
Ninjas (runs counterspells and bounce. Just a warning if you don't like that stuff)
Treasure Hunt/Seismic Assault Combo (Runs 4 mystical tutors, if you have a problem with that)
Mono Red Control
Im the Darkfury, generally im called dark on these forums.

my decks range anywhere from thrown together, to stolen from multiple Pro-tour finals' top 5 lists.

extended: built from a pair of jank prebuilt white decks, i recently gave it a minor power boost with good token spawning. unplayed since it has been redesigned
extended: consists of some good cards i own, its not the best deck i have access to. hurt by lack of the shadowmoor g/w aura
Legacy/Vintage:brute force, somewhat thrown together, cards revolve around direct damage or creature growth.
extended/block: Allies. i would prefer Naya to esper, but Blue brings with it braids, conjurer adept. in play it feels no mercy.
extended: Battle Cruiser. that is all you need to know about this deck, the name is self explanatory.
Hmmm....braids seems like she could serve a higher purpose than just playing 2-5 mana dudes...
(content removed)
Hmmm....braids seems like she could serve a higher purpose than just playing 2-5 mana dudes...

i know, its just i dont have those cards, and i dont like playing blue. only reason is that i got a full playset of Umara Raptors
Sorry to interrupt, but this isn't a thead for deck critique/discussion;)

My name is Madalyn, and I am a casual player.

I have three decks, all mono: white defense, white support-defense, and blue defense.

I mainly play at school, home, and at an anime/gaming club.
In all things of nature there is something of the marvelous. - Aristotle
A new TdT so I guess I'll this again...

Sign up and have fun at the Text Duels, not as if you would have to sign up for having fun...;)

Greetings everyone, My name is Wolfpack and I am Gamemaster for the "Magic Puzzles Fun and Games" Group, MPFG used to be one of the Play by Post forums before the forum migration, but WOTC made us into a group since then and I believe we have been less visible since, so I am here to tell you about us.

MPFG is a group dedicated to playing text games, posting games, and the occasional puzzling or other odd puzzle all relating to magic.

MPFG is an open group available for anyone to join, we have a thread dedicated to requesting opponents for games, and another that lists the various types of games that have been run that have gone over well in the past. We do drafts and constructed type games and more. What this thread is doing fits in perfectly. Participation is low right now as many of our regulars left the forums since the migration, but we are always accepting new players.

So stop on by and start up some games if you'd like, maybe you'll see another type of game you'd like to try in our game listing thread or when someone starts up a new game.
Magic Puzzles, Fun, & Games! Looking for an opponent for a game of Magic? Want to start a game relating to Magic? Maybe try a puzzle or 2? Come check out MPFG, our doors are always open.
Check out the other PbP games around:
Paranoia ParadisePbP HavenThe Guild House
Garic's CityMap of the PlanesD20 Modern
Castle of FunTerisia City and Fan FictionGleemax Roleplaying
Coalition War GameReal AdventuresThe COre COliseum

Chinese person here, but i am sort of confused as to how we will play, do we shuffle the our decks here at home and put the cards down? confused about this :/, also can we ask for a game even if someone is already playing?

Current Decks:
:R: Goblins
:R::G::W::U::B: Sliver Rush (Ima be testing this online soon)
:W::G: White Weenie
:U: Spells and Artifacts

ill make more later, i have access to a trove of cards :] 

I'm a casual player, and I'm a bit rusty with some of the mechanics.  It's been a while since I've played Magic.

Deck List:
- Monoblue Allies Mill
- Mostly-Green Fungus Tokens
- White-Black Sanguine Bond
- Red-White Balefire Liege "Everything's a Lightning Helix!"
Card Dump!

Keywords
Challenge: When ~ comes into play, all opponents may put a Legendary creature card with the same or smaller converted mana cost as ~ into play without paying its mana cost.
Hello!
I'm bwarm but I would like it better if you just would call me Bryan. I've been playing Magic for at least two months and I own only one deck so far that I built from scratch. I'm currently working on a mono red ping deck, but that will take a while until its done. This is my current deck:

Cats (standard)

I was looking around the "Official Text Duel Thread" and I wondered what CiH:# meant. Can someone please tell me?
Hey, I'm spartan and I've been playing magic since around nemesis. I usually play casual and some standard. I don't usually build casual decks to win but they are more for fun and center around 1 card of theme. My standard decks are fairly competitive but I don't play teir 1. Message me anytime if you want help on a deck or are looking for a game. I'm US central time zone.

Decks:
White Weenie
Swan - Doll Combo
Sigil
Disruption (standard)

(I have many more but those are my main right now)
Hey Mikas here. You can call me Mike if that floats your boat. Started back in the middle of Kamigawa, took a hiatus, and started again right before Timespiral back in Ravnica: Dissension and haven't stopped since.

My decks are always being changed but a few constants or ones that are reapeatedly remade are:
U/B Teachings (based on the Block Constructed List played by Mark Herberholz in PT Yokohama), G/u/r/b/w Elves
Protean Hulk Combo (no flash, can win by turn four with the god draw but usually turn six and after)
U/? good stuff.dec (ponder, brainstorm, counterbalance, top, trinket mage, gush, merchant scroll, FoF, you get the idea)

I haven't ordered too many singles so my collection is primarily based on trades and what I buy which makes my decks either really focused or kinda bizarre.

Deck archetypes to expect would be burn, bounce, control, Naya/Domain Aggro, Null Profusion.dec, turbo fog, U/W aggro/control, G/? ramp, R/U Izzet, and many more...

Whew...Got that all down Cool
Hi! I'm mage24365. My decks:

casual

Fluctuator Combo
Master Transmuter
:R: Aggro
Aggro
Domain and good stuff

Sig
Disclaimers
My initial responses to rules questions are usually just answers. If you want an explanation as to why, say so. Just because it says I'm there, I'm not necessarily there. I leave my browser open so I don't have to reload ~30 tabs. Anyone who wants to text duel me through either PM or chat can just PM me with a format (and a time if playing through chat). I don't play standard.
# Card Blind Hall of Fame
3CB
3CB #1 (1/30/11): Won by silasw, with Mishra's Factory, Orzhov Basilica, Vindicate. 3CB #2 (2/13/11): Won by Vektor480, with Mishra's Workshop, Ensnaring Bridge, Scalding Tongs 3CB #3(2/20/11): Joint win between defuse, with Saprazzan Skerry, Scalding Tongs, Energy Field; and Mown, with The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale, Inkmoth Nexus, Sheltered Valley 3CB #4(3/13/11): Won by Mown, with Keldon Megaliths, The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale, Boros Garrison 3CB #5(3/20/11): Won by silasw, with Black Lotus, Channel, Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
5CB
5CB 1 (3/6/11): Won by Maraxus-of-Keld, with Tropical Island, Thallid, Nether Spirit, Daze, Foil
quotes
56819178 wrote:
So, how would I use a card that has a large in the top half and "sui?l? -- pu?? ?is?q" across the middle?
57031358 wrote:
99113151 wrote:
Winning is not important if: 1. You win by a blowout. 2. You pay billions of dollars in cards to win. If you like wasting money just to win one game, while you could have saved it to lose a few and end up winning more in the future, then it is fine by me.
what? do you ceremonially light your deck on fire after a win?
57169958 wrote:
Or did no one notice Transmogrifying Licid before. (And by not notice, I mean covered their ears and shouted LA LA LA LA )
57193048 wrote:
57169958 wrote:
Hmmm... I think the most awkward situation at the moment is simply the Myr Welder / Equipment / Licid / Aura craziness, but I'm pretty sure he's aware of it.
If the most awkward thing going on right now involves Licids, I declare victory.
56287226 wrote:
We regret to inform you of Trevor Kidd's untimely demise in an unfortunate accident involving a mysteriously blown breaker box and a photophobic creature of unknown origin at his home near Renton, Washington. We at the Wizards Community apologize for any inconvenience or delay, and assure you we'll be preparing a replacement to assume his duties as soon as we finish warming up the cloning vats.
[02:47:46] It doesn't merely "come out of suspend" - you take the last time counter off, and then suspend triggers and say "now cast that! CAST IT NOOOOOW!" [02:47:49] Because suspend has no indoors voice
[10:11:33] !opalescence [10:11:33] Opalescence {2WW} |Enchantment| Each other non-Aura enchantment is a creature with power and toughness each equal to its converted mana cost. It's still an enchantment. · Reserved,UD-R,Vin,Leg,Cla,USBC [10:11:51] *sigh* [10:12:10] Otecko: Do you have a question about Opalescence? [10:12:17] sure [10:12:23] $10 on humility interaction [10:12:25] :P [10:12:29] :D [10:12:47] humility + opalescence put into play by replenish
Ego
58325628 wrote:
Mage is awesome, BTW.
56967858 wrote:
Dear Mage24365, You are totally awesome. Thank you so much. I hope you are able to dine in Paradise without kicking the bucket to actually get there, and that every dollar you ever make magically becomes two more.
58158398 wrote:
56761258 wrote:
I don't think there are any cards like that. There are things that prevent you from activating activated abilities, things that increase their cost, and things that counter them, but I don't think anything triggers from them specifically. There are things that trigger from targeting, so that might be relevant, but I can't think of anything that triggers from targeting a player. I'm almost positive there's nothing that triggers from damage being prevented.
Rings of Brighthearth; Dormant Gomazoa; Samite Ministration.
56761258 wrote:
Well played.

Hello everyone. Name's mechwarrior3 but you can call me MW3 (much less typing ). In any case, I have been playing casually since Tempest (disappeared for a couple long breaks but just recently came back) and I've played in local tournaments but never with anything all that competetive. All of my decks are Legacy legal (but definitely aren't combo-rific like most Legacy decks are (except for one...two...kind of...maybe? Undecided)). I'm always up for fun, friendly games (when I have time Undecided). I'm in the Eastern GMT.

So, here are the three main decks I've got right now (will update as more come along):
Aggressive Harem (Legacy-legal)
Guilty Doll (Legacy-legal)
What hit the table now? (Legacy-legal)
Eldrazi Spawn? (Standard-legal)
Hi, I am The VoyRager from Chicago. I played coast to nearly coast, north to south and done so often (most games was in NYC and Mesa, Azee and regardless of my life's priorities I keep in touch with recent events with worldwide MTG leagues play. I like playing land destructions and tribal type decks but can't resist building tricky, trapfilled decks also.  

I 'd played standard and extended in those places but here even though I avoid classic and legacy eslewheres I might built anything.

My three decks I been using online are:

Standard -
  Let's Try Being-A-Meanie.
Extended/Casual -
   All Hail, Ashling (I'm in love with that daydreaming, short-tempered, airhead, sociopath.)
Casual -
  Ancient's Diplomacy

Forgive me for I'm late in introducing myself on this thread for text duel play and been using my MTG blogpage to show the decks.

I have enjoyed games on the TextDuels' thread and hope to enjoy more good games.
Thx. V.

Who/What Am I?
"I might have been a hmmm... eh-eh well, y'kno but, instead" I'm a fighter... --
peacekeepermedc.gif -- ...not a lover. This signature concept is from "http://www.pathguy.com/index2.htm"
html_removed
What I Doing Here?
@MTG Forums. Contestant: A Contest Like No Other hosted by Fakeartist. An Angelic Aspect In The Wild, Wild World Of The Mata Hari's Agency. @DnD Forums. Digital Artist In Training: What Do YOU Think MY Character Looks Like's Thread - @4e Character Development forum. Player (Osborn) - Bounty Hunter (Fighter DnDNext): DnD presents The Walking Dead @Play By Post Forum. Player (Shana Zorus) - Professional Bodyguard/Adventurer (Hybrid Warden/Paladin 4e): The Unhallowed Gate @Play By Post Haven Forum (DM by ffShadow) Player (Krist Breeze) - Twiceborn War Mage/Imbuer (Hybrid Warlord/Wizard 4e): Castle Greyhawk - @Real Adventures (DM by Icanus) Player (Blyne Munro) - Happy-Go-Lucky Scout/Explorer (Warlock 4e) Domain of Shadows-Darkness Falls - Play By Post Haven (DM by WhisperMagellan) Player (Ansmril) - Vistani Blessed Psalmist (Bard/Shaman 4e) The Dragon Below Can't Have It This Good - (And I'm The DM) DM - The Young Mercenaries/Ps'V-GoodShip Drow Diplomacy. DM - The Unlikely Diplomats/Ps'V- GoodShip Drow Diplomacy. DM - The Dragon Below Can't Have It This Good/Ps'V GoodShip Diplomacy. Referee - People Of Oz @Dorothy's Kansas Games(inactive). Oz League: The Ardent Lord w/People Of Oz @Dorothy's Kansas Games(inactive). Ps'V = The Players' Vault Forum Group In Which I'm The Owner Of.

I am a noob to MTG and text dueling but I am looking for one since not to many people around here play so my next best thing is to text duel. I have 2 decent decks I built from help with people from the forums and I am looking for standard or casual play I have a red/green aggro deck and a blue/black control deck both made from the deckbuilders toolkit. Looking to test the waters.
Anubuss here, I started out as a very casual gamer, but when I started going to FNMs I found myself being thrown to the sharks, and have rapidly become a rather aggressive deck build, generally any kind of low curved aggro / temp list, though I have dabbled in other variants (for example Faeries (built the thing up and it was rather un-inspiring until Morningtide gave the world Bitterblossom).  For the most part I run R/x lists because Red is what I have, and Red is what I have the most fun playing.  It really doesn't matter what time zone I'm on, since I move around a lot for school (shipping out every 3 months), and I tend to keep stranger hours for internet access.

Decks I tend to favor

Standard:
/x Sligh (, , :w
Counter-Burn Tempo

Extended:
All in Red
Goyf Sligh
Fae
/x Sligh
Boat Brew
'Lark Combo

Vintage / Legacy:
Budget Goyf Sligh
Dragon Stompy
Stasis
Sligh

Casual:
EDH: Sliver Overlord
Pauper Sliver
Underworld Dreams + Puzzle Box Combo
Form of the Dragon
/x Sligh
Demon-Ogre beatdown
 Psycho-naughts
Dragonstorm
Endless Swarm.deck

I try to extend myself, but I keep coming back to classic Red Aggro, and I'm a bit of a burn fan.  As such my lists tend to have 12 - 20 removal spells.  When I try to build fun gimmick decks I find myself finding hard / soft locks to protect myself from assault while I wait for my gimmick online.  I tend to refine / rebuild decks when I'm bored, and since I often suffer from insomnia (hence my odd hours) my lists usually hang somewhere on the edge of "tournament caliber" and "just competitive".
My Decks
Standard: BR Aggro Burn RDW Modern: Dragon Stompy Burn Fae Tempo Zoo Cherrios Legacy: Zoo Dragon Stompy Pauper: Slivers Landfall EDH: Sliver Overlord
1000th post on 2-1-10. 5000th post on 1-21-13.
You can call me any nickname you wish, I play fun casual games, and occasionally get competitive (only once so far).  I make new decks often, but rarely keep them, so most games will be one of a kind.  My two decks that I have at the moment are probably going to be permanent ones.

Cats (kinda sucks, but getting better)
Stasis
My definition of casual is anything that doesn't involve the Power 9.

(Updated as of Sep 19, 2010)
You can call me Ishu, I'm a casual player, I mainly play with a small circle of friends, and my collection is limited to the VERY few singles I buy from websites and what I get in boosters. I don't go to FNMs or anything because the closest one to me is about 300 miles north of where I live. Most of the decks I build are just out of the spare cards I have laying around and are constantly being changed/deconstructed/reconstructed, I have a few decks that generally remain constant with the exception of 1-2 card changes every now and then

Update of current decks:

:G::G: monogreen deck that started when me & a friend went half & half on the garruk vs. liliana duel decks, we flipped a coin and I got garruk. The deck has changed a lot, but has some of the original cards, including the foil garruk

:U::U: monoblue deck, started out as a deck based around cephalid constable but I didn't have the right cards to make every game run smoothly. The deck is now more centered around surrakar spellblade's ability to draw a ton of cards.

:W::R: Equipment deck I put together after buying a scars of mirrodin booster box. I had a stonehewer giant laying around, and pulled some awesome equipments, so making a deck out of it wasn't hard.

:R::R: this is another deck I threw together out of my booster box scraps. Besides a few lightning bolts, everything in the deck is from scars. It's focused around cheap creatures, metalcraft, and sacrificing stuff for cool effects. It's one of those decks I mainly play to help friends test their decks, since it has decent early/mid-game power, but really lacks finishing power late game.

:R::R: Typical chandra's spitfire deck, with a few twists and turns here and there. It's like a confused burn deck that relies on creatures.

:U::U: My twist on the tezzeret duel deck. Monoblue artifacts, all you really need to know.

:B::B: monoblack control, due to my limited card pool isn't as good as it could be, one of the few decks I intend to spend money on and make really good in the future. As is, it's undefeated in my play group (which doesn't say much unfortunately...)

:R::B: madness deck that really needs to be redone. It puts up a hell of a fight in casual matches, but overall just doesn't feel right when playing it, not focused enough. Will fix when I can afford to get the right cards for it.

:B::U::G: Infect & proliferate deck. Another deck that needs some work, I threw it together from what I had, but really would probably be better off as 2 seperate decks.

:G::W: (INCOMPLETE) deck themed on creatures that are harder to kill & get rid of than most other creatures.

THIS GOOD I DO LIVES LONG AFTER ME
Hello all, I'm VorthosianLoreWeaver, or VLW for short. In all reality, I don't play that much, yet. Mostly because I don't have anywhere to play (although that will change when I go to college in a week). These text thread duels have been a great find and I enjoy them very much.

I have several theme decks that I guess I can use for casual and one budget standard deck that focuses on the synergy between kiln fiend and distortion strike with some burn and counter thrown in with a bull rush or four (i know, but a +5/+0 boost to my fiend was too much to pass up). I'm going to be working on some casual decks, probably starting with tweaking my golgari theme deck.

IMAGE(http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/images/3/39/Mirrodin_Loyalty.png) thanks to gamma-mage for the awesome banner
Hello all! I'm SereneChaos, and I've been on these forums for a little while, but just started text dueling today. I've been in Magic since the beginning, my grandparents started me on it, though I was very young, so I didn't really "get it" until a few years ago =P

I've never been to a tournament, but I am both competitive and fun-loving, and I have tons of decks for both purposes. I almost like building them more than playing them, so I have dozens and dozens of various power levels and stages of completion.

Here are my main decks:

Show

Standard
Aggro Vampires
Kiln Fiend
Percy/Trader
Gaea's Revenge (experimental)
KotR
Roil Ramp
Control (in progress; also occasionally swap a few cards for a straight discard build) 
Control/Erasure
Aura Gnarlid
Death's Shadow

Legacy
Erayo 

Emperor
Ob Nixilis
CA/Team Support
Lifegain (in progress)
Painter's Grindstone

Fun Casual
Persist 
Elves 
Big Green

Competitve Casual
Dick on a Stick (named by my friend; Orim's Chant is the main nasty)

Also, I'm very poor, so a lot of my decks are on tappedout.net (which has a playtest program), which is also how I play them. If that bothers you when we play, let me know and I'll get one of my real decks =) 
Etiamnunc sto, etiamsi caelum ruat.
Well, guess if it's not too late to be in the game, I'm shogunboy0, and I've just gotten into magic 3 weeks at most (hence still learning the timing of when to use certain instant cards), and as of now, I have no plans on joining any tournments yet, but I'm still up for a casual game or two. 

As for my decks, with the help of a good friend, have two decks to play with. 

Note, I'm only going to use standard decks, but I'll play those without standard (though I'm a bit iffy on legacy/vintage decks. 

Coalition as an empire (Empire split up due to questionable government, blame pheryxia)

mechanical swarms and magical hacking (Myrs ate them and Venser banished Tezz to nowhere)

Venser, the Sojournering Myrs.

Hand of Skithiryx's Praetors.

Chandra on a spitfire rage.

Attack of the Precursor Clones

Magic Roleplaying Game http://www.starcitygames.com/magic/multiplayer/15084_The_Kitchen_Table_209_The_Magic_RolePlaying_Game.html Myrth, the Sojournering Myr. Physical Fortitude: 4 (20 life) Mental Fortitude: 7 (Max hand: 7) Trait/Skills: Adept (Scars of Mirrodin)
Hello all my name is tapkill since royal assassin is one of my fav cards :P..I've been playing since revered i JUST missed out on joining during P9 hehe, I stopped playing around the urza sets and masks but ahve purchased a few singles i saw to improve decks but ahve no real card base past masks set.  I have over 20 decks now and i constantly shuffle some around i only play casual though since all my decks are that way.  If you wanna know what some of my decklists are ive posted a few in the casual forum to see if there is anything i could use for improvment on them, others well i dont have the patience to make a list of them all hehe
I am Black/Green
I am Black/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I am both selfish and instinctive. I value growth and community, as long as they favour my own objectives; I enjoy nature, and I particularly enjoy watching parts of nature die. At best, I am resilient and tenacious; at worst, I'm uncontrollable and destructive.
New text-duel thread.. After a break with the not-so-bad Prodigal Pyromancer, I hope that we'll continue our tradition of mentioning super-bad creatures in the thread's title!
Im the Darkfury, generally im called dark on these forums.

my decks range anywhere from thrown together, to stolen from multiple Pro-tour finals' top 5 lists.

Extended regenerator pump
Extended red burn, blue control
extended: Battle Cruiser. that is all you need to know about this deck, the name is self explanatory.