Adding a New Venue

43 posts / 0 new
Last post

[size="6"]Becoming an Organizer/Adding a Venue[/size] 

The process of becoming a new Tournament Organizer and adding a venue to your list of approved locations has been stream lined into one convenient feature.  The directions below will walk you through the process.  Step 2 is where if differentiates between new Tournament Organizers (with or without DCI #'s) and those that are already registered as Tournament Organizers.

1) Start by going to this webpage: www.wizards.com/Company/WPN/Join.aspx

• Unfortunately, this page is labeled “Sign Up as a Wizards Event Organizer” so it’s not quite intuitive if you are just looking to add a venue to your list of approved locations.

2) You’ll need to enter your date of birth and hit “Continue.”
IMAGE(http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f77/jfslicer/Picture8-2.png)

3) The next question is asking if you are already a Tournament Organizer.  

• New T.O.s should select the "I am not yet registered as a Wizards event organizer" option.

• Returning T.O.s wishing to add a new venue to their list of Venues should select the second option.

IMAGE(http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f77/jfslicer/Picture9.png) 

4) Fill out the following form with your personal information (your venue information comes next).

• If you have a WPN, DCI, or RPGA # make sure that you enter in your DCI # so that they do not assign you a new one.

• Again, if you do not have a WPN, DCI, or RPGA# don’t worry it will assign one to you once you have finished.

IMAGE(http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f77/jfslicer/Picture10-1.png) 

5) Fill out the venue information form.  This is the information that will appear on the online store locator ~ ww2.wizards.com/StoreAndEventLocator/

• This location must be a public venue (retail store, school/college, library, church, restaurant, etc.); your living room will not do.

• Make sure all the information is current and correct.  Even something as little as one number off in an address or phone number can cause long delays in the approval process.

IMAGE(http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f77/jfslicer/Picture11-2.png) 

6) Check the boxes for the product your store carries.

• If you are signing up for a non-store locations, skip this section.

• This information is used to help players find stores that sell the product they are looking for.

IMAGE(http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f77/jfslicer/Picture12-2.png)

7) Next it asks you if a Distributor referred you.

• Selecting "Yes" will allow you to give credit to your stores favorite distributor.

• If you leave it selecting “No” you can skip this step and proceed onward.

IMAGE(http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f77/jfslicer/Picture13-1.png) 

8) The last few things are fairly quick and should be relatively painless

1. Read the User Agreement and check the box.  When you go to check the box a window will pop up with the user agreement in it and “Accept” and “Don’t Accept” buttons at the bottom.  Click “Accept” and move on toward the finishline.

Photobucket

WPN User Agreement
This agreement is accurate as of April 2011:

Last Modified: March 3, 2011

Wizards of the Coast LLC ("Wizards") is dedicated to ensuring fair and friendly gaming experiences to hobby game enthusiasts around the world at organized play events. In order to have your events included in our Event Locator, receive tournament kits and other assistance from Wizards, have participants receive credit for their participation, and to participate in certain Wizards Play Network programs as an Organizer, You must agree to be bound by and comply with this Event Organizer Agreement (the "Agreement").

By submitting any event to Wizards for scheduling, You acknowledge that You have read, understand and agree to be bound by this Agreement, which incorporates by reference the Organizer Code of Conduct ("Code of Conduct") located atwww.wizards.com/wpn/events/Article.aspx?..., Wizards’ Privacy Statement located at staging.wizards.com/Company/About.aspx?x..., Wizards’ Website Terms of Use located atstaging.wizards.com/Company/About.aspx?x..., and any supplemental terms appearing on the Wizards website, located at www.wizards.com ("Site"). Certain other policies may apply to specific WPN Programs you participate in, or software tools you use. In the event of a conflict between any of the aforementioned policies and this Agreement, the terms of this Agreement shall control.

Wizards reserves the right to amend this Agreement at any time and will post the amended Agreement here. The changes will become effective upon posting. You are responsible for checking this page regularly for changes. Your continued participation in the WPN by scheduling Events after any amendments to this Agreement are posted indicates your acceptance of such amendments.

1. Definitions

"Event" means an organized play event at which a Game is played and/or a Game tournament is held that is scheduled and/or reported with Wizards through Reporter.

"Event Results" mean data indicating outcomes of Game tournament play at Events by participant, and such other Event-outcome data as requested by Wizards and/or Hasbro in their sole discretion.

"Game" means a game published by Wizards or Hasbro, including without limitation, the Magic: The Gathering trading card game and the Dungeons & Dragons roleplaying game.

"Hasbro" means Hasbro, Inc. and all of its affiliates.

"Locator" is the Site application that consumers use to search for Events and stores that sell Games, located at ww2.wizards.com/StoreAndEventLocator/.

"Organizer" means an individual who organizes, administrates, and conducts Events.

"Public Location" means an all-ages, publicly accessible physical location that is clean, safe, and well-lit.

"Reporter" means Wizards’ proprietary software application through which Events are submitted to Wizards for scheduling and Event Results are submitted to Wizards.

"Rules" means any Game rules, tournament rules, or other Event rules that Wizards may identify from time to time in its sole discretion as applicable to Events in order for such Events to be scheduled.

"Schedule" means to be listed on the Site and included in the Event Locator.

"WPN Location" means a permanent physical commercial establishment with a current business license that purchases Games directly from Wizards, Hasbro or one of their authorized distributors, and sells sealed Magic: The Gathering or Dungeons and Dragons directly to consumers.

"WPN Program" means a program sponsored by Wizards that provides exclusive materials, prizes and support to exclusive to WPN Locations, typically through kits mailed to the WPN Locations. WPN Programs currently available are described here, and are subject to change at any time in Wizards’ sole discretion.

2. Event Administration.

Organizer will:

2.1 Conduct Events only at a WPN Location or a Public Location, and will conduct Events sanctioned under a WPN Program only if sponsored by a WPN Location.

2.2 Ensure that Events comply with all of Wizards’ guidelines, codes of conduct, rules, regulations, policies, directives, decisions and all procedures set forth by Wizards from time to time in its discretion.

2.3 Conduct Events in accordance with the current applicable Game rules and tournament floor rules.

2.4 Accept full responsibility for the scheduling, marketing, operation, and management of Events, including without limitation all costs associated therewith.

2.5 Ensure that all people and companies Organizer employs, utilizes or otherwise recruits to assist with conducting Events (collectively "Staff") comply with Organizer’s obligations under this Agreement wherever applicable, and accept full responsibility for the actions or inactions of Staff in connection with Events and this Agreement.

2.6 Use Event-related promotional materials provided by Wizards and/ or Hasbro, if any, solely in connection with Events and in compliance with any and all guidelines or instructions provided by Wizards and/or Hasbro.

2.7 Use Wizards and/or Hasbro-owned intellectual property in accordance with the policies set forth in Wizards’ fan site kits, located at www.wizards.com/Company/Press.aspx.

2.8 Take all reasonable measures to prevent and eliminate illegal or otherwise inappropriate conduct at Events.

2.9 Comply with all applicable laws, statutes, rules and regulations, including, where applicable, securing all necessary permits, approvals and licenses from third parties necessary to conduct Events.

2.10 Utilize Reporter or such other applications as directed by Wizards to Schedule Events, and comply with all policies and agreements associated with the download and/or usage of such applications.

3. Registration

3.1 You represent and warrant that you are at least eighteen years old.

3.2 Complete the registration form at www.wizards.com/WPN/Join.aspx. You will be notified by Wizards indicating your acceptance. Wizards reserves the right to accept or reject applicants for any reason in its sole discretion.

3.3 Wizards reserves the right to terminate or decline your participation as an Organizer for any reason in its sole discretion.

3.4 Wizards reserves the right to terminate or modify any aspect of its organized play program, WPN Programs, Locator, Games, Rules, or any policies or procedures applicable to Events, at any time in its sole discretion.

4. Scheduling

4.1 You will complete Scheduling of any proposed Event according to the program guidelines set forth in the applicable event solicitation. You represent and warrant that all information you provide is true, complete, and accurate.

4.2 Wizards reserves the right to reject any Event and not Schedule it for any reason in its sole discretion.

4.3 You will at all times comply with all requirements applicable to the Scheduled Event. Different program rules may apply depending on the type of Event, including without limitation, product type, date restrictions, and play format.

4.4 Within 8 days following the Event, the Event Results must be provided to Wizards through the Reporter.

4.6 You will report all significant incidents that violate the Code of Conduct, terms and conditions or tournament or floor rules to Wizards’ Game Support team at www.wizards.com/customerservice.

5. Financial Responsibilities

5.1 You are responsible for all costs incurred in conjunction with the Event.

5.2 Wizards may, from time to time and in its sole discretion, provide you with certain materials for use solely in conjunction with administration of Events, such as promotional posters, or premium items you may use as prizes or for giveaways ("Event Kits"). You agree you will not sell Event Kits nor any contents thereof. You will comply with all policies related to the use of Event Kits that Wizards may institute from time to time in its sole discretion.

6. Compliance

6.1 Wizards may terminate its Scheduling of an Event at any time if you fail to comply with this Agreement or for any other reason in Wizards’ sole discretion.

6.2 If you violate this Agreement or otherwise engage in conduct that fails to meet the standards of professionalism, safety, and sportsmanship required by Wizards, Wizards may in its sole discretion suspend or expel you from its organized play programs and WPN Programs, and/or decline to Schedule future Events proposed by you.

6.3 If pursuant to this Section 6 you are suspended or expelled from Wizards’ organized play programs and WPN Programs, you acknowledge and agree that Wizards may communicate the fact and nature of such suspension or expulsion to third parties, including through the Site.

7. Promotion and Marketing

7.1 You are solely responsible for promoting and marketing Events.

7.2 Wizards and Hasbro will use good faith efforts to include Scheduled Events in their Site calendars and Event Locator tools, provided that Wizards and Hasbro will have no liability to You for any failure to include such Events on the Site or in the Event Locator.

7.3 You acknowledge and agree that neither Wizards, nor Hasbro, nor any of their affiliates, are sponsors of Events. You will take no action to imply or indicate any such sponsorship.

8. Privacy and Publicity

8.1 You grant Wizards the right to use Your name, likeness, voice, image, and location information on any written, photographic, audio, or videotaped materials and on the Site relating to Events for advertising, promotional, commercial, educational, or other purposes, and You hereby waive any right to additional consideration or compensation with respect to any such use.

8.2 You understand and agree that by signing up and Scheduling Events your name, phone number, email address, physical address and WPN Location (if applicable) may be shared with third parties and through the Site for the purposes of allowing consumers to contact you for more information about your Events, for advertising and Event Kit distribution to support your Events, to coordinate several Events in a given region, and to enable your participatione in rewards programs.

9. Indemnification

You indemnify and agrees to defend and hold harmless Wizards, Hasbro, and their officers, directors, employees, and agents (collectively, the "Indemnitees") for and against any and all claims, liabilities, demands, obligations, damages, costs of litigation, attorney’s fees or other expenses related to or arising out of the organization, promotion or administration of any Event.

10. Representations and Warranties; Limitation of Liability

10.1 You represent and warrant to Wizards that the Events will be carried out in a proper, competent and professional manner.

10.2 You represent and warrant to Wizards that:

A. You will fully and expeditiously perform and discharge each of its obligations under or pursuant to this Agreement;

B. You shall comply with all applicable laws and regulations governing the Events, including, where applicable, securing all necessary permits, approvals and licenses from third parties necessary to conduct the Event;

C. Notwithstanding anything in this agreement you will be, and will remain, responsible for all obligations and liabilities associated with the Events;

D. You will at all times remain responsible for the financial viability of, and risk management in respect of, the Event;

10.3 You understand and agree that Wizards makes no warranties, express or implied, to you, Staff, sponsors, participants, or any other person or entity related in any way to the Events. Under no circumstances shall you act or hold yourself out as the agent of Wizards or Hasbro.

10.4 You waive, release, and discharge Indemnitees from any and all claims, causes of action, damages, and losses arising out of your breach or failure to abide by any part of this Agreement.

10.5 NEITHER WIZARDS, NOR ITS PARENT OR AFFILIATES, LICENSORS OR RELATED ENTITIES SHALL BE LIABLE IN ANY WAY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM YOUR PARTICIPATION AS AN EVENT ORGANIZER OR ANY OTHER WIZARDS PROGRAM. IN NO EVENT WILL WIZARDS BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. WIZARDS’ LIABILITY TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTIES IS LIMITED TO US$25.00.

11. Miscellaneous

11.1 Nothing in this agreement shall operate or be deemed to create an agency relationship, partnership, joint venture or association of any kind between the parties or shall render them liable for the debts or liabilities incurred by the other party.

11.2 This Agreement represents the entire agreement between both parties with respect to Events.

11.3 If any provision of this Agreement shall be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this Agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.

11.4 This Agreement is personal to you, and you may not assign it.

11.5 This Agreement shall be considered as entered into in the State of Washington, USA and shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Washington, USA. You unconditionally submit in connection with the agreement to the jurisdiction of the Courts of that State.

1. This second box signs you up for periodic e-mails.  I recommend checking it so that you receive their e-mails.  They won’t flood your inbox and they are usually quite helpful.

2. Finally, fill out the random security code and click “Submit”

9) You will then be greeted by this awesome eyeball telling you that you have completed your portion of getting a new venue approved and/or signing up to become a Tournament Organizer.  You will now have to wait for Wizards to do there part (this process can take 2-3 business days).

• They will not always send you a confirmation e-mail, but will often just approve the venue; so keep checking your "event sanctioning" menu on your homepage.  webapp.wizards.com/personal.aspx

Step 6

Credit:  I lifted some stuff from Billbo's old Add Venue thread.

~James Fields T.O. & Judge. Check out the New Tournament Organizer's Handbook.
I was just wondering if you know how long it usually takes? I'd rather not waste more of their time by sending them emails asking for help, but I don't know at what point I should start to get worried.
I think I read two working days somewhere, but mine is taking a lot longer than that. 
Two business days is the standard, but sometimes it does take longer.  If nothing has happened in a week I would shoot them an e-mail with your incident # and ask them what is taking so long.  In making this today I actually signed up for a new venue, I'll let you know when it is processed.

How long has it been?
Well, using what seems to me now to be the old form, that was part of the Wizards Customer Service section (wizards.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/wizards.cfg...) I think, I sent a venue request 2.5 weeks ago.
I shot them an email after 3 days, they said to contact apac@wizards.com (as I live in Australia). I sent an email to that address on the 6th of Feb, and another on the 11th of Feb.
Sorry to trouble you, but it is starting to get a little vexing. 
That is troubling, I assume you have already checked your homepage:  webapp.wizards.com/personal.aspx and tried to sanction an event.  They often don't e-mail responses to venue requests and just apply the changes.

If so, I would recommend trying a different e-mail address and explain the situation to them.  Try wpn@hasbro.be and CC: apac@wizards.com.  (or vice versa) and wait a little bit longer.  I would try sending a message a week until they have either replied by e-mail or added the venue to your homepage.

Let us know what happens.
Thank you very much jfslicer. I will give it a go and keep you posted.
I'm with jfslicer - though in my experience e-mailing the US team (wpn@wizards.com, dci@wizards.com, or customerservice@wizards.com) no longer works as those addresses have been defunct for some time.  I'll try to get confirmation about the status of wpn@wizards.com.

I can't speak for non-US locations, but I actually added a venue using a similar (but also now defunct) form just last week - and my request was completed in under a day.  Because there is no confirmation e-mail when a venue is added to your profile, make sure you're checking your profile to see if the venue is there (by adding a public play event).

Lastly, if you're not getting anywhere, please contact Customer Service at www.wizards.com/customerservice and explain to them that you've tried adding a venue through assorted methods, and even e-mailing your local WPN office, with no reply.

Customer Service should, at the very least, be able to poke the right people to get you started.  As a last resort, if all that fails, please post here to let us know.  I have some contacts inside WotC that I can turn your way if I see you're still having troubles (or it jfslicer or trappedslider or someone else lets me know).

Good luck!
WolfStar76 Community Advocate (SVCL) for D&D Organized Play, Avalon Hill, and the DCI/WPN LFR Community Manager DDi Guide

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Guys the result of filling out this form is that your T.O. status gets nuked down to Gateway, I'm on the phone with Wizards trying to get this fixed... I'll let you all know what happens.

The issue has been reported to the data team and should be fixed shortly.  As a precaution I would recommend not adding a venue today (February 18, 2010) but waiting until tomorrow so they have adequate time to fix this issue.

Ok, so I got a reply today from Robert Teirney responding to my email to apac@wizards.com a week ago. I sent him the details of the venue, and he has just uploaded the venue to my profile. Thank you for your help guys.
Case closed.
Glad to hear that it's solved.  Thanks for letting us know!
Guys the result of filling out this form is that your T.O. status gets nuked down to Gateway, I'm on the phone with Wizards trying to get this fixed... I'll let you all know what happens.

I added a venue as described last week, I got downgraded to gateway organiser as well. I've contacted the local DCI representative about it.

I sent them a message today detailing all the problems I've discovered with it as well.  It's a bit annoying, and hopefully they'll have it fixed soon.
any word if the add venue form is working correctly yet?

Just wondering if I should it or email customer service and have them add a venue for me.

Dusty
On March 3rd I was assured that "The fixes are in process."  That could mean they're done and it's all good or it could me we have to wait a while before it's fixed.  We will need someone to be willing to test it out at some point so we all know it's working again, but I would understand if you were not willing to do that.
Well,  I´m From Brasil, and trying to add a venue here in my town, but in the form the option for state/region is disabled.

i sent an e-mail, and the told me to just put the state in front of city name, but i can´t send the form this way.  what can i do?

Nefir,

I just went to the add venue app and check and the state/province line did not appear to be disabled.  Where you filling out this form:  www.wizards.com/Company/WPN/Join.aspx ?
Just FYI, it looks like they've changed the form in a small way adding an option to select if you are new to the WPN or an existing Organizer.  I will add this to the main thread next week when I get my laptop back from the shop.  For now, just be conscience of this and select the right option.
Jfslicer,  the state/province became disabled, when i choose Brazil, as Country.  this way i cant add a venue.

It's disabled because it's not necesary, the state province field is only available in certain countries.
Advanced TO DCI Judge lvl 1

Nefir, I'm inclined to agree with aneotoena, but I have no way of testing if it works.  What you're saying is that when you fill out all the information in the form and submit it, it comes back wanting a state/province to be filled in (despite the fact that you can't).  If this is true, I would simply fill in all the information in an e-mail and send that into your rep explaining that you've tried to use the application, but it won't let you submit it because the "state/province" is a required field even in countries that don't have them.

I have updated the first post to reflect the current state of the online form and added in a line to deal with the issue Nefir brought to our attention.  If you guys find any other issues with my walkthrough please let me know.
Are there any new Tournament Organizers that can confirm or deny if this select portion of the tournament organizers handbook is up to date:

1. Fill out the electronic Tournament Organizer application.

• Go to www.thedci.com and fill out the Tournament Organizer application.  Doing so will let the DCI know that you are interested in running DCI sanctioned events. 

• After submitting the Tournament Organizer application, you will receive a call from the DCI to welcome you to the program and to answer any immediate questions you may have. 

• You will be sent an email containing all of the necessary material to pass the level-1 Tournament Organizer test. This “Tournament Organizer Essentials” email will contain a four-page FAQ about basic event rules and structures, a copy of the DCI tournament Reporter program, step-by-step instructions for running an event with the DCI Reporter program, and information about where to take the level-1 Tournament Organizer test.

yeah, that's out of date.  all you have to do now is use the same page that we're using to add new venues.  and i know for a fact that they don't give you a welcome call or send you an email about taking a test (your 2nd & 3rd bullet).

using the 'join wpn' page (what this thread is referring to as the 'add venue page/app') i think gets you the ability to sanction d&d and magic events.  if you want the rest (star wars minis, d&d minis, etc.), you can still go the old school route and take the TO test in the judge's center.
Thanks.  I thought that was the case, but as I've been organizing for several years now I wasn't sure if it was true or false.  I have updated the wiki to reflect this.
I have received assurances that the Add Venue Tool no longer resets a T.O.s status to Gateway.  So feel free to add venues and continue to grow your magic community!

If anyone finds this to be false, post here or PM me so that I can investigate further.
i got this message when i accessed the EVENT SANCTIONING on my dci

" There is a problem with your request. Most likely you are not a coordinator for this brand or you have no public venues on file. Please contact your WPN representative for assistance."

did i do something wrong? i did apply for WPN. 
Doods21,

There are several reasons that message might show up.  Normally, it means you aren't a T.O. and you need to take the T.O. test in the judge center or you haven't waited 2-3 days for the processing of your venue to complete.

If you have completed both of those things, then you'll want to contact your local area Representative and ask them why your venue hasn't processed yet.

How to Contact your local Rep
For North American T.O.'s:

For the name and extension of your dedicated WPN Premier Team representative (in the US), find your region in the grid below. Just call 1-800-324-6496, select option 4, then enter your representative's extension.

Rob
x2941
Brian
x2135
Charles
x2297
Doug
x8248
Mark
Shaun
x2193
Tara
x7647
Tom
x8038
Travis
x5387
Tyson
x7720
Zephreum
x7268
DECTAZFLCOAKMNLAILPAHI
IDMDCAGAIAALNJTXINALND
KSMENHBCMIAROHWANYGUNE
MAMSMB NSKYNL  MPNM
MONC  PEIMT   ONRI
WI SD  QCNV   PRSC
 TN   OK    UT
     OR    VA
     WV    VT
     WY    NB
          SK
          YT

North & South America

www.wizards.com/customerservice

Japan

wpnjapan@wizards.com

Germany & Austria

wizards@hasbro.de

France

wpn@hasbro.fr

Italy

assistenza.wizards@hasbro.it

UK & South Africa

dciuk@hasbro.co.uk

Rest of Europe

wpn@hasbro.be 

Asia Pacific

apac@wizards.com

Middle East

wpn@hasbro.be 

Africa greater

wpn@hasbro.be 

Anywhere not mentioned

wpn@hasbro.be 

APO/FPO

sir jfslicer,

how can i get the T.O. exam? when i got to the judge center and selected T.O. all it says is...

"There are no currently available exams for that game system." 
Doods21,

This is new, I'm looking into it.  I'll get back to you as soon as I have an answer. 
Doods21,

The test is no longer used.  The new way to become a Tournament Organizer is to do what you have done in filling out this form.  However, since you are not a T.O. at this time (if you are it'll say that you are on your DCI homepage) you will want to select that you are "New to the WPN."  This will let them know that you are not a T.O. currently, but that you would like to be.  In the future (when you get more than one venue) you will want to select the other option when adding those new venues.  I have updated the main post to reflect this new information.

I would try filling out the form one more time, and waiting a week to see if it works.  Then try logging into your DCI homepage and accessing the Event Sanctioning again to see if you can do it then.  

Let me know how it goes, and I'll do my best to answer any further questions you might have.
ok thanks.
Its been a week and it still says the same thing. I did fill up the form again. I even mailed the custhelp for assistance and they said this...

"This email is to inform you that we have received your incident and have escalated it for further review. A representative should be contacting you concerning your incident in 2-3 business days or less. We apologize for this delay and appreciate your patience while we work to resolve this."

which is already 6 working days. I mailed them again and did not respond anymore.

If im doing anything wrong in the process please do tell me. I might be missing something. Thanks. 

doods21,

Everything you've done so far seems correct.  The only question I have left for you is, have you tried contacting your WPN rep directly?  The WPN reps in North America tend to respond same day to the questions they receive.  WPN reps elsewhere have a larger variance in response time, but it's worth shooting them an e-mail. 

How to Contact your local Rep
For North American T.O.'s:

For the name and extension of your dedicated WPN Premier Team representative (in the US), find your region in the grid below. Just call 1-800-324-6496, select option 4, then enter your representative's extension.

Rob
x2941
Brian
x2135
Charles
x2297
Doug
x8248
Mark
Shaun
x2193
Tara
x7647
Tom
x8038
Travis
x5387
Tyson
x7720
Zephreum
x7268
DECTAZFLCOAKMNLAILPAHI
IDMDCAGAIAALNJTXINALND
KSMENHBCMIAROHWANYGUNE
MAMSMB NSKYNL  MPNM
MONC  PEIMT   ONRI
WI SD  QCNV   PRSC
 TN   OK    UT
     OR    VA
     WV    VT
     WY    NB
          SK
          YT

North & South America

Japan

wpnjapan@wizards.com

Germany & Austria

wizards@hasbro.de

France

wpn@hasbro.fr

Italy

assistenza.wizards@hasbro.it

UK & South Africa

dciuk@hasbro.co.uk

Rest of Europe

wpn@hasbro.be 

Asia Pacific

apac@wizards.com

Middle East

wpn@hasbro.be 

Africa greater

wpn@hasbro.be 

Anywhere not mentioned

wpn@hasbro.be 

APO/FPO

I emailed my WPN twice already. And by the way my WPN rep is from Asia Pacific :D. I'll try it again and post the results after a week.

Smile
doods21,

I talked with Wizards today and mentioned your situation.  (Unfortunately, the person I talked to has no contact with the Asia Pacific area can couldn't look into it directly. Frown)  They did provide this useful insight:  venue approval can sometimes be slower than desired if they are trying to verify the venue by calling the phone number, checking the website, et cetera.  So if you mistyped a number it might be a little hitch in them finding out for sure that your location is real.  

My encouragement would be to send them a weekly e-mail until you get approved.  That let's them know you are serious and haven't forgotten about it.
I had a similar situation getting my venue added.  I had even used the venue in the past but it had been dropped form my venue list.  The reason it dropped was because of a Zip Code change.  I finally had to call and talk to my rep to find out why it wasn't being approved.  Once I gave him the correct Zip Code and other contact information they had it added within the next business day.

When adding a venue make sure all the information is current and correct.  Even something as little as one number off in an address can cause long delays.
How to report a bug in Wizards Event Reporter Software (WER)

Show
If you encounter a bug in the Wizards Event Reporter, it would be most helpful to have a report on the issue.

To better determine the cause of the bug, it would be helpful if you would attach three WER files:
- reporter.log
- updater.log (The software might create this file - if you are unable to locate it, this is fine.)

The path for those files is:
XP: C:\Documents and Settings\[User Name]\Application Data\Wizards of the Coast\Event Reporter\logs
Vista: C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Roaming\Wizards of the Coast\Event Reporter\logs

The other file needed is:
- TournamentData.dat (The software might not create this file, or it may be listed as TournamentData).

The path for this file is:
XP: C:\Documents and Settings\[User Name]\Application Data\Wizards of the Coast\Event Reporter
Vista: C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Roaming\Wizards of the Coast\Event Reporter

If you are unable to use the path for these files, please use the search function in Windows.

• Click “Start”
  • Then mouseover the “Search” option.
  • Click “For Files or Folders”
  • Enter each file name and click 'search'
  • Right-click on the file and save a copy of the file to your desktop.
  • Now you are ready to submit your bug.
To submit your bug please submit the information here.

Ok, I have been trying to add a venue for some time now, and everytime I fill everything out, and check the agreement, I get the following message,

Please fix the errors before continuing.  (Beside the Submit Button)
You must agree to the user agreement to continue (Beside the already checked I agree box)

I have tried opening the agreement, disagreeing, reloading page, NOT opening the agreement and just checking the box.  All results in the same error.
I am trying to add our new store location, and it is doing the exact same thing to me.  It says that I need to agree to the user agreement to continue, but it won't do anything. 

Just like the previous poster, I tried multiple things, but nothing worked.  I also made sure all of my information was correct, that the security image code was entered correctly, but nothing would make it submit. 

I will have to call my WPN rep to get our new venue added, I guess.
Ok, I have been trying to add a venue for some time now, and everytime I fill everything out, and check the agreement, I get the following message,

Please fix the errors before continuing.  (Beside the Submit Button)
You must agree to the user agreement to continue (Beside the already checked I agree box)

I have tried opening the agreement, disagreeing, reloading page, NOT opening the agreement and just checking the box.  All results in the same error.

Sorry for the long delay in replying,

The best way to deal with this issue is to call you WPN Rep or send them an e-mail.  I tend to favor e-mail as it allows them to see the information.

I will have to call my WPN rep to get our new venue added, I guess.

This is precisely the best way to handle it.  I tend to prefer e-mail as it allows them to see the information rather than trying to decipher my sometimes clumsy words.
Sign In to post comments