2/17/2010 BoaB: "Equip and Swing!"

31 posts / 0 new
Last post

This thread is for discussion of this week's Building on a Budget, which goes live Wednesday morning on magicthegathering.com.

A buddy of mine actually sported a 2.0 equipment at FNM last friday. Given that it was our first tournament, and we finished the deck the day-of, he didn't do half bad.

We opted to MD more equipment (specifically 0 mana equipment) and less useless creatures like devout lightcaster, approaching a more aggro-oriented build. I saw him drop people under 10 as soon as turn 3, and gain life in excess of 50. After the tournament we put in brave the elements, and i'm sure this will add much more reliability, consistency, and survivability (obviously), that the deck lacked last friday. The 0 mana equipment allowed him to quickly fortify the Armament master, making his kor team huge, fast. Armament master + Stoneforge mystic + Outfitter = big team. Obvious though, is the outcome of board wipe. :\

Almost every person he played commented on the obscurity and originality of the deck, and subsequently their amazement on how fast the deck can be. I say if you've been looking to build a cheap deck for a while, try this one out.

man,i just make a equipment deck in the morning...
but i make it because i want to play my duelist,its to said if i win them,at least i have to use them.
yes,they are usefull,even without all that red and black protection.
althought they don beat my deck.
Surprisely card like lightkeeper of emeria were usefull if the game is slow,but if he deck is slow,something bad is happening.
i beat a jund,without all that fancy stuff,idont say its useless,i just say,is sideboard.
also i use a armored ascencion,i never think that card would be such a great finisher.
ugh...bad week, then a good week, now another crap week...this inconsistency is horrible.  Not to mention this is your FOURTH white weenie column...is that the best you can do?  A new white weenie with every release?
I like fun, but competitive decks. So I might not play what is optimal but they have normally been tested to have a 2/3 winrate.
Anyone else notice in game 1.... opponent at 7 he has out Devout Lightcaster andWhite Knightwith ...Trusty Machete and ...Behemoth Sledge equiped to creatures and then plays ...Brave the Elements naming GREEN and wins the game.... sorry your "mistake?" means your opponent is still at 1 because of your green equipment falling off.
Stoneforge mystic has been useful in extend too. Sword of Light and Shadow deals with a lot of decks out there right now.  I may even have to try it out with Deathrender.  I also kinda like Ensouled Scimitar as a fetchable chimeric idol of sorts...
Anyone else notice in game 1.... opponent at 7 he has out Devout Lightcaster andWhite Knightwith ...Trusty Machete and ...Behemoth Sledge equiped to creatures and then plays ...Brave the Elements naming GREEN and wins the game.... sorry your "mistake?" means your opponent is still at 1 because of your green equipment falling off.

I did notice that.  Colored equipment are tricky.
Thanks to everyone who helped with the design of the plane of Golamo in the Great Designer Search 2!
My Decks
These are the decks I have assembled at the moment:
Tournament Decks (4)
Kicker Aggro (Invasion Block) Sunforger/Izzet Guildmage Midrange (Ravnica/Time Spiral/Xth Standard) Dragonstorm Combo (Time Spiral/Lorwyn/Xth Standard) Bant Midrange (Lorwyn/Shards/M10 Standard)
Casual Multiplayer Decks (50)
Angel Resurrection Casual Soul Sisters Sindbad's Adventures with Djinn of Wishes Sphinx-Bone Wand Buyback Morph (No Instants or Sorceries) Cabal Coffers Control Zombie Aggro Hungry, Hungry Greater Gargadon/War Elemental Flashfires/Boil/Ruination - Boom! Call of the Wild Teysa, Orzhov Scion with Twilight Drover, Sun Titan, and Hivestone Slivers Rebels Cairn Wanderer Knights Only Gold and () Spells Captain Sisay Toolbox Spellweaver Helix Combo Merfolk Wizards Izzet Guildmage/The Unspeakable Arcane Combo Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind and his Wizards Creatureless Wild Research/Reins of Power Madness Creatureless Pyromancer Ascension Anarchist Living Death Anvil of Bogardan Madness Shamen with Goblin Game/Wound Reflection Combo Mass damage Quest for Pure Flame Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle/Clear the Land with 40+ Lands Doubling Season Thallids Juniper Order Ranger Graft/Tokens Elf Archer Druids Equilibrium/Aluren Combo Experiment Kraj Combo Reap Combo False Cure/Kavu Predator Combo Savra, Queen of the Golgari Sacrifice/Dredge Elf Warriors Eight-Post Sneak Attack Where Ancients Tread Zur the Enchanter with Opal creatures Tamanoa/Kavu Predator/Collapsing Borders Esper Aggro Mishra, Artificer Prodigy and his Darksteel Reactor Theft and Control Unearth Aggro Soul's Fire Vampires Devour Tokens Phytohydra with Powerstone Minefield Treefolk Friendly? Questing Phelddagrif Slivers Dragon Arch Fun I'm probably forgetting a few...

"It may seem odd that I tested the deck against two decks with an inherit weakness to protection from red and black, but most decks in the format fall into this category. Vampires and Jund are probably the most played decks right now."

No it doesn't.

I miss (Paladin) en-Vec.  You just straight-up randomly hose entire decks sometimes.

"I'm happy to say that this deck is incredibly budget-friendly, very powerful, and exceptionally original"

>>exceptionally original

wat 
I enjoy White Weeniequip. It's been a classic archetype every time white's had an equipment-loving race, more notably during Mirrodin block with the Leonin and Auriok. So I couldn't really call it "original". But it's pretty fun, even if it's obvious.
I guess my local store is not normal. Out of 26 people last week, there was only 2 Jund decks, and 1 Twilight. What dominated was the 10 or so U/x control decks, 4 or 5 of them being U/W. The better of the 2 Jund decks wound up winning, but I was not even aware that there were Jund decks going around until I checked the top table.
MTG Rules Advisor Autocarding helps a lot -> [c]Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas[/c] = Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas "But keep in mind when the internet dies with the electrical system in 2012, you can still play paper magic, while digital cards will have gone the way of the dodo. In the post apocalyptic world, magic cards will be our currency!" - Samot, explaining to someone the ramifications of switching to MTGO!
I am Blue/Black
I am Blue/Black
I am Blue/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both selfish and rational. I'm scheming, secretive and manipulative; I use knowledge as a tool for personal gain, and in turn obtaining more knowledge. At best, I am mysterious and stealthy; at worst, I am distrustful and opportunistic.
ugh...bad week, then a good week, now another crap week...this inconsistency is horrible.  Not to mention this is your FOURTH white weenie column...is that the best you can do?  A new white weenie with every release?

Wow. What's your problem?
Manaug.gif | Manawu.gif | Manau.gif | Manaub.gif | Manaur.gif
I enjoyed the article.
Yes, the article-based white weenie deck looked obvious, but it was informative learning that Armament Master/Conqueror's Pledge didn't work.. that seemed like the most obvious, and powerful route.

I'm not too worried about the Pro-Green knocking off the Behemoth Sledge.. he should have had plenty of mana to re-equip.  I do wish that there was at least one game against a non-red, non-black deck like mono-green, or UW.

Card choices that I would try to really get in:
I think Kitesail Apprentice is mediocre.  Most of the time you have other guys you'd rather equip, and without equipment, it's underwhelming.  I'd lean towards Steppe Lynx as a more powerful replacement.

I'd also really want to get Kor Skyfisher in.  A 2/3 flyer would be helpful against green, and I also like re-using the Sejiri Steppe, Stoneforge Mystic, Devout Lightcaster.

I enjoyed the article and it has given me a few ideas that I would like to try out.  Thanks. :D
Great deck. Saying it's "exceptionally original" sure is exaggerated, but you can consider it a genuinely new deck model in the format if you don't just call it "White weenie" and look at its particularities (equipment toolbox, high number of protection creatures, green splash).

Excluding budget constraints, the only card I would try to add in there is Honor of the Pure. Without it, you're somewhat vulnerable to Infest and Marsh Casualties from the decks you seek to hate out if your protection creatures aren't already equipped with either a Machette or a Sledge.
I'm not too worried about the Pro-Green knocking off the Behemoth Sledge.. he should have had plenty of mana to re-equip.

The protection from green lasts until the end of the turn. He could not re-equip that turn.

Magic The Gathering DCI Lvl 1 Judge Don't hesitate to post rules question in the Rules Q&A forum for me and other competent advisors to answer : http://community.wizards.com/go/forum/view/75842/134778/Rules_Q38A
I enjoyed the article.
Yes, the article-based white weenie deck looked obvious, but it was informative learning that Armament Master/Conqueror's Pledge didn't work.. that seemed like the most obvious, and powerful route.

I'm not too worried about the Pro-Green knocking off the Behemoth Sledge.. he should have had plenty of mana to re-equip.  I do wish that there was at least one game against a non-red, non-black deck like mono-green, or UW.

Card choices that I would try to really get in:
I think Kitesail Apprentice is mediocre.  Most of the time you have other guys you'd rather equip, and without equipment, it's underwhelming.  I'd lean towards Steppe Lynx as a more powerful replacement.

I'd also really want to get Kor Skyfisher in.  A 2/3 flyer would be helpful against green, and I also like re-using the Sejiri Steppe, Stoneforge Mystic, Devout Lightcaster.

I also agree that Kitesail Apprentice is a bit underwhelming in this deck, but i do think she has a place in a more equipment focused deck. Steppe Lynx is a good replacement, but I actually like Elite Vanguard because he doesn't have a contditional power.
   That one play bugged me too, since it was pretty obvious that if his opponent caught it it would be game over. But, as with most non-sanctioned games and most FNM's, it's really the players responsibility to police themselves and eachother, so if the opponent says it happens, then it happens.
   Love the article, Jake! Looking forward to more great decks!

I would have killed, literally ended someones life, to NOT have Arrogant Bloodlord riding a giant ant... Good times:
Show
but where DID the other fork come from?
Show
Lord_Zed: I was at my friends house when this happened. He's married and his wife was an excellent baker. She had baked a homemade apple pie the night before. I was hungry, and my friend convinced me to try those low carb monster drinks. Before this day, I had never triend energy drinks before. Boy was I in for a treat. When I tried that first monster, I really enjoyed the flavor, but the taste that it left in my mouth wasn't so good. What was my solution? Drink another! before I could finish drinking that 2nd monster, I felt it already kicking in(these drinks were not very far apart, we're talking minutes here) my friend decided that it was a good idea to whip out that fresh pie his wife made the night before. I didn't know what to do, since I felt incredibly invigorated, and at the same time, freaked out by the rush I was feeling, but I was also hungry, and my friend have me an entire plate with a fork and said "help yourself." He extended his saucer to me, and I cut him a piece of the pie and handed it to him, then I looked at the pie, noticed that the pie was in an aluminum holder, and dumped the entire pie onto my plate and started eating it with 2 forks. I don't know where I found that other fork, it probably came from my friend. Anyhow, his wife wasn't happy, and I was already in magical christmas land. 2 days later, I was in my friends bed and I slept for 14 hours. His wife outlawed my from having any of her baked goods for a while(which sucked because I could just show up at there house, steal some sweets, and leave) and said I couldn't have any energy drinks at her house, unless under close watch. My friend, on the other hand, had to take me out to a steak dinner, because apparently I won a bet where I climbed a tree and didn't die.
The great land debate:
Show
97563441 wrote:
Zendikar had fetchlands, and Worldwake had manlands. What are the new Scars duals called?
61325265 wrote:
Explosive Peanut Lightning lands. Well, that's just what I call them.
61325265 wrote:
58232598 wrote:
i'm just trying to figure out what the point of saying this is. it's just really random.
And so the pot met the kettle.
I played about fifteen games with the deck and was both impressed and disappointed

And why can't we see them Jacob? After so much time, what many people want to see are more games. Just report those extra games you have and a lot of people will be happy.
OMG click HERE! OMG! How to autocard and use decklist format
--->
For autocarding, write [c][/c] with the name of the card inside it. [c]Island[/c] = Island For linking a card to Gatherer without writting the name of said card for readers, use the autocard brackets together with and equal sign and right the name of the real card. Then put the message you want inside the tags, like you would do with autocarding. Like this: [c=Curse of the Cabal]Captain Never-resolves[/c] = Captain Never-resolves For using the decklist format, follow this: [deck] 4* Terramorphic Expanse 4* Evolving Wilds ... [/deck] It equals:
Real signature, Sblocked for space:
57817638 wrote:
I like storm crow because I really like crows in real life, as an animal, and the card isn't terribly stupid, but packs a good deal of nostalgia and also a chunck of the game's history. So it's perhaps one of the cards I have most affection to, but not because "lol storm crow is bad hurr hurr durr".
Listen to my SoundCloud while you read my signature. The Island, Come And See, The Landlord's Daughter, You'll Not Feel The Drowning - The Decemberists by vimschy IMAGE(http://dragcave.net/image/rkvR.gif)IMAGE(http://dragcave.net/image/L3es.gif) IMAGE(http://dragcave.net/image/m71H.gif)
Quotes
56747598 wrote:
57295478 wrote:
Although I do assume you deliberately refer to them (DCI) as The Grand Imperial Convocation of Evil just for the purposes of making them sound like an ancient and terrible conspiracy.
Now, now. 1994 doesn't quite qualify as "ancient".
56734518 wrote:
Oh, it's a brilliant plan. You see, Bolas was travelling through shadowmoor, causing trouble, when he saw a Wickerbough Elder with its stylin' dead scarecrow hat. Now, Bolas being Bolas took the awesome hat and he put it on his head, but even with all his titanic powers of magic he couldn't make it fit. He grabbed some more scarecrows, but then a little kithkin girl asked if he was trying to build a toupee. "BY ALL THE POWERS IN THE MULTIVERSE!" he roared, "I WILL HAVE A HAT WORTHY OF MY GLORY." and so he went through his Dark Lore of Doom (tm) looking for something he could make into a hat that would look as stylish on him as a scarecrow does on a treefolk. He thought about the Phyrexians, but they were covered in goopy oil that would make his nonexistant hair greasy. He Tried out angels for a while but they didn't sit quite right. Then, he looked under "e" (because in the Elder Draconic alphabet, "e" for Eldrazi is right next to "h" for Hat) in his Dark Lore of Doom and saw depictions of the Eldrazi, and all their forms. "THIS SHALL BE MY HAT!" he declared, poking a picture of Emrakul, "AND WITH IT I WILL USHER IN A NEW AGE OF DARKNESS -- ER, I MEAN A NEW AGE OF FASHION!" And so Nicol Bolas masterminded the release of the Eldrazi.
57864098 wrote:
Rhox War Monk just flips pancakes, and if games have told us anything, it's that food = life.
56747598 wrote:
76973988 wrote:
This thread has gotten creepy. XP
Really? Really? The last couple days have been roughly every perverse fetish imaginable, but it only got "creepy" when speculation on Mother of Runes's mob affiliation came up?
76672808 wrote:
57864098 wrote:
57531048 wrote:
Nice mana base. Not really.
Yeah, really. If my deck was going to cost $1000+, I'd at least make it good.
99812049 wrote:
I like to think up what I consider clever names for my decks, only later to be laughed at by my wife. It kills me a little on the inside, but thats what marriage is about.
56816728 wrote:
56854588 wrote:
Of course, the best use [of tolaria west] is transmuting for the real Tolaria. ;)
Absolutely. I used to loose to my buddy's Banding deck for ages, it was then that I found out about Tolaria, and I was finally able win my first game.
70246459 wrote:
WOAH wait wait wait
56957928 wrote:
You know, being shallow and jusdgmental aside, "I later found out that Jon infiltrated his way into OKCupid dates with at least two other people"
56957928 wrote:
"I later found out that Jon infiltrated his way into OKCupid dates with at least two other people"
56957928 wrote:
Jon infiltrated his way into OKCupid dates
56957928 wrote:
OH MY GOD
109874309 wrote:
The only way I'd cast this card is into a bonfire.
82032421 wrote:
The short answer is that there's no rule barring annoying people from posting, but there a rule barring us from harassing them about it.
56747598 wrote:
Browbeat is a card that is an appropriate deck choice when there's no better idea available. "No better idea available" was pretty much the running theme of Odyssey era.
56874518 wrote:
Or perhaps it was a more straightforward comment indicating a wish for you to be bitten (Perhaps repeatedly) by a small yet highly venomous arachnid.
70246459 wrote:
58280208 wrote:
You're an idiot, and I'm in no mood for silliness.
57817638 wrote:
57145078 wrote:
You just... Vektor it.
That's the answer to everything.
70246459 wrote:
58347268 wrote:
I think the problem is that you don't exist.
This would sound great out of context!
56965458 wrote:
Modern is like playing a new tournament every time : you build a deck, you win with it, don't bother keeping it. Just build another, its key pieces will get banned.
57864098 wrote:
57309598 wrote:
I specifically remember posting a thread when I was just a witty bitty noob.
You make it sound like that's still not the case.
58325628 wrote:
Rap is what happens when the c from crap is taken away.
Doug Beyer:
But sometimes it's also challenging. Because sometimes OH MY GOD, WHAT THE HELL IS THIS THING?
141434757 wrote:
Flashforward five thousand years (Click for atmosphere) :
57927608 wrote:
to paraphrase Jeff Goldblum, Vektor finds a way.
58347268 wrote:
when in rome **** AND PILLAGE
143229641 wrote:
I always find it helpful when im angry to dress up in an owl costume and rub pennies all over my body in front of a full body mirror next to the window.
Dymecoar:
Playing Magic without Blue is like sleeping without any sheets or blankets. You can do it...but why?
Omega137:
Me: "I love the moment when a control deck stabilizes. It feels so... right." Omega137: "I like the life drop part until you get there, it's the MtG variant of bungee jumping"
Zigeif777:
Just do it like Yu-Gi-Oh or monkeys: throw all the crap you got at them and hope it works or else the by-standers (or opponents) just get dirty and pissed.
57471038 wrote:
58258708 wrote:
It's true that Alpha and Beta didn't contain any cards like Tarmogoyf, Darksteel Colossus, or Platinum Angel. It just contained weak, insignificant cards like Black Lotus, Mox Sapphire, and Time Walk.
Normally it's difficult to pick up on your jokes/sarcasm. But this one's pretty much out there. Good progress. You have moved up to Humanoid. You'll be Human in no time.
91893448 wrote:
94618431 wrote:
I didn't know Samurai were known to be able to cut down whole armies...
They can when they're using lightsabers!
57129358 wrote:
97980259 wrote:
My wife brought home a baby black squirrel they found on a horse track and cared for it for a few days. We named it Grixis, but it died.
Unearth it!
70246459 wrote:
[/spoiler] And I'm on Magic Arcana. How about you? Oh, by the way, I'm also on From the Lab now. Twice, actually. And now with my own submited decklist!

Just wanted to say how much I enjoy the column.  I always thought white was the weakest when I began playing, but it is so versatile.  I do wish there were more games put up in the column, but other than that, I look forward to reading every week.

Nice work on the last 2 articles. I really like how you incorporated deck progression in this weeks deck. Awesome stuff. My only suggestion would be more game reports and progression.
I agree.  More matches would be cool.  The two you listed were pretty lame.  You built it specificaly to beat vamps or Jund IMO, so what happens when you hit a U/W control deck.  At the last FNM in my area I saw only 1 Jund deck there.  I think the white weenie equipement deck is a great idea.  (Especially with the rumors of the next set being a new Mirrodin!)  And the article was cool.  Only problem I have with it, is that it is kind of a crappy build.  Sure you can beat black and red but it would need a lot of tweeking to beat other colors.  Still I appreciate the effort. Cool

PS: I think you gotta run some DOJs (Day of Judgement) too.  It'd be a crime to run a mono white without it.
I was just wondering if this deck would be good for a beginner's first FNM vs vampires and Jund or not.

I didn't mention it in my earlier post, but I do really like the way the article was structured.  He came up with an idea, figured out one way to build it, and tested that build.  When that didn't work, he explained why, and tried another build, explaining those inclusions as well.  Then he playtested.  I'd like to see more articles like this.

Regarding those who would like to see more playtest games, I get the sense that those are probably pretty time-consuming for him.  Maybe he needs a coverage reporter to help.

Thanks to everyone who helped with the design of the plane of Golamo in the Great Designer Search 2!
My Decks
These are the decks I have assembled at the moment:
Tournament Decks (4)
Kicker Aggro (Invasion Block) Sunforger/Izzet Guildmage Midrange (Ravnica/Time Spiral/Xth Standard) Dragonstorm Combo (Time Spiral/Lorwyn/Xth Standard) Bant Midrange (Lorwyn/Shards/M10 Standard)
Casual Multiplayer Decks (50)
Angel Resurrection Casual Soul Sisters Sindbad's Adventures with Djinn of Wishes Sphinx-Bone Wand Buyback Morph (No Instants or Sorceries) Cabal Coffers Control Zombie Aggro Hungry, Hungry Greater Gargadon/War Elemental Flashfires/Boil/Ruination - Boom! Call of the Wild Teysa, Orzhov Scion with Twilight Drover, Sun Titan, and Hivestone Slivers Rebels Cairn Wanderer Knights Only Gold and () Spells Captain Sisay Toolbox Spellweaver Helix Combo Merfolk Wizards Izzet Guildmage/The Unspeakable Arcane Combo Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind and his Wizards Creatureless Wild Research/Reins of Power Madness Creatureless Pyromancer Ascension Anarchist Living Death Anvil of Bogardan Madness Shamen with Goblin Game/Wound Reflection Combo Mass damage Quest for Pure Flame Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle/Clear the Land with 40+ Lands Doubling Season Thallids Juniper Order Ranger Graft/Tokens Elf Archer Druids Equilibrium/Aluren Combo Experiment Kraj Combo Reap Combo False Cure/Kavu Predator Combo Savra, Queen of the Golgari Sacrifice/Dredge Elf Warriors Eight-Post Sneak Attack Where Ancients Tread Zur the Enchanter with Opal creatures Tamanoa/Kavu Predator/Collapsing Borders Esper Aggro Mishra, Artificer Prodigy and his Darksteel Reactor Theft and Control Unearth Aggro Soul's Fire Vampires Devour Tokens Phytohydra with Powerstone Minefield Treefolk Friendly? Questing Phelddagrif Slivers Dragon Arch Fun I'm probably forgetting a few...
I do not think giving his creatures protection from green would cause his behemoth sledge to "drop off".  Pro-green would cause his creature to be untargetable by the behemoth sledge, which means he couldn't re-equipt it.  Last I checked The Comp, it was just prevented targeting and equipting (among other things), but I interpreted equipting as the act of attaching it, not being attached.  Could we get some clarification onn this?
I do not think giving his creatures protection from green would cause his behemoth sledge to "drop off".  Pro-green would cause his creature to be untargetable by the behemoth sledge, which means he couldn't re-equipt it.  Last I checked The Comp, it was just prevented targeting and equipting (among other things), but I interpreted equipting as the act of attaching it, not being attached.  Could we get some clarification onn this?

Protection from ~ does, among other things, prevent a card from being enchanted/equipped/fortified by ~. This works the same for each of the cards with those abilities. Were a green aura on the creature gaining pro green, the aura would fall off. The same is true for Equipment. The difference is that the equipment stays in play whereas the Aura ends up in the graveyard.

MTG Rules Advisor Autocarding helps a lot -> [c]Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas[/c] = Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas "But keep in mind when the internet dies with the electrical system in 2012, you can still play paper magic, while digital cards will have gone the way of the dodo. In the post apocalyptic world, magic cards will be our currency!" - Samot, explaining to someone the ramifications of switching to MTGO!
I am Blue/Black
I am Blue/Black
I am Blue/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both selfish and rational. I'm scheming, secretive and manipulative; I use knowledge as a tool for personal gain, and in turn obtaining more knowledge. At best, I am mysterious and stealthy; at worst, I am distrustful and opportunistic.

Wow. What's your problem?

don't feed the troll.

I played about fifteen games with the deck and was both impressed and disappointed

And why can't we see them Jacob? After so much time, what many people want to see are more games. Just report those extra games you have and a lot of people will be happy.

seconded. i enjoy reading the matches. put more of them in your articles.

PS: I think you gotta run some DOJs (Day of Judgement) too.  It'd be a crime to run a mono white without it.

also seconded. pretty damn budget for a 4 mana sweeper.

as far as i know, the E part of DEBT is enchant AND equip. equipment should fall off but remain on he battlefield, and then be unable to re-equip.
Sorry.  I was just confused between the verb of equipting it and the state of it being equipted.

Edit:Checked the latest version of The Comp.  (Last time I read it was before M10.)  Pro-green would unattach behemoth sledge.
To clarify everything:

702.14d A permanent with protection can’t be equipped by Equipment that have the stated quality or fortified by Fortifications that have the stated quality. Such Equipment or Fortifications become unattached from that permanent as a state-based action, but remain on the battlefield.

Colored artifact are rare, so people sometime forgot about them... Like showing a white artifact card for Martyr of the Sand ability.

Edit: Anyway the jund player would have probably lost eventually anyway. he could not do a lot of thing against a life linked creatures with protection from black. He could just attack for four and gain four with the white knight...
Since we know he played more than two matches maybe he could just list the results of those matches as opposed to writing a detailed review.
True post count: 9,900 Thanks Wotc for not counting archived posts. If I post without capital letters than means I'm posting from my phone. For some reason it hates typing capital letters. Go_Texans on MTGO. Texans 12-4 Wildcard: W Texans 19 Bengals 13 Divisional: L Texans 28 Patriots 41 Another awesome season!
Enjoyable read. Personally, i wouldn't refer to the deck as exceptionally original in any way, but that's just me. The deck itself seems very similar to that of a friend of mine at my local store, except he isn't running any of the lightcasters main, against non-jund and non-vampires, they're just expensive bears. As for the above comment on running day of judgment...that's silly. You're running an aggro deck. Day of judgment is what you don't want to see, why would you play it? If you are at a state in the game where you need it to save you, you lost already. Overall though, the deck idea is solid, and i've seen it being tested a lot. Both in paper and on MTGO. And since it's budget, you couldn't include it i'm sure, but honor of the pure makes the deck stupid fast, and forces them to have to draw enough removal to avoid getting run over. Pretty good deck in the current metagame. I'm not sure it'll be sweeping the format any time soon though. Luminarch ascension in the board is good, unless there isn't much turbo fog/control in your specific meta.

Hmmmmm 4 stoneforge mystics thats at least $25 throw in the collar and its already over $30.  So why is it called building on a budget.  Some people love the game, but don't really care to spend more then $20 a week on it, because they live with a "budget".

Hmmmmm 4 stoneforge mystics thats at least $25 throw in the collar and its already over $30.  So why is it called building on a budget.  Some people love the game, but don't really care to spend more then $20 a week on it, because they live with a "budget".

Stoneforge mystic was at 75 cents when this article was written.