Dragon 384 - Class Acts: Clerics of the Covenant of War

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
DnDi_Large.png       Dragon 374
Class Acts
Clerics of the Covenant of War

By Matt James

Battle priests of Kord require twice the training, determination, and grit of any conventional soldier. Only one rule exists within this organization: Come with all you have or do not come at all. They uphold standards of strength and ability at all costs. 

Clerics who wish to learn more of the battlelord’s Covenant of War are encouraged to seek out sacred temples located throughout the known world. Within each one resides a secret gladiatorial testing ground where only the strong survive. Failure in these gladiatorial contests means permanent expulsion from the Covenant’s place of worship and denial at any attempt for readmission.

Talk about this Class Acts Article here.

384_ca_cleric.jpg

Before posting, why not ask yourself, What Would Wrecan Say?

IMAGE(http://images.onesite.com/community.wizards.com/user/marandahir/thumb/9ac5d970f3a59330212c73baffe4c556.png?v=90000)

A great man once said "If WotC put out boxes full of free money there'd still be people complaining about how it's folded." – Boraxe

Nice article there! Oh and the new weapon enchant rocks! As people mentioned in the other thread, there is a problem with divine reaping apearing in the 25 lvl daily slot also.
Thanks! I am glad you enjoyed the article. The Divine Reaping issue has been reported and should get fixed.
Matt James Freelance Game Designer Loremaster.org

Follow me on Twitter!
The art is rather horrible though.

Well, i dont think anyone likes female half-orcs so yesTongue out. On the other hand, i dont think this is something i should be concered of. I mean its good when there is a nice picture in, but i like these articles for the new stuff!
Hey! How can you not like Therkla, the half-orc ninja girl?

(First appearance here: www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0503.html)

Also, on topic, sweet article.

Cheers
Aye, Therkla is hot, though of course only those who appreciate fine art dare admit that.

I just feel the orc woman in this particular piece is done injustice. 

Gomez
I am hoping to follow up with more detailed information on this organization and to include the other classes I listed in the article. There are a lot of opportunities in the Covenant of War and I even have intentions of supporting it with a strength-based paragon path that Clerics can enjoy
Matt James Freelance Game Designer Loremaster.org

Follow me on Twitter!
This is a nice article and the powers are decent, though I don't think I would take inflict light wounds. 1[W] damage and weakened isn't really that strong an effect against monsters (who don't tend to do that much damage). Minding, in saying that in the rare case you fight something with absurd criticals or similar at low level it could be life saving. Bit mixed on that one to be honest.

Augment of War is a neat power though and I can see a lot of battle clerics getting some use out of that.

Well, i dont think anyone likes female half-orcs so yes. On the other hand, i dont think this is something i should be concered of. I mean its good when there is a nice picture in, but i like these articles for the new stuff!

i hadn't realized that was the problem. I thought it had to do with the symbol of Avandra in her off-hand while the article begins by referring to followers of Kord.

Some decent stuff in this article. I'm slightly bothered by Inflict Light Wounds being a weapon attack, though - seems to defeat the entire flavor of the ability.
Yeah, nobody wants to just inflict light wounds when they're swinging a mace at your head.
Sign In to post comments