DM Rewards

29 posts / 0 new
Last post
My DM Rewards just came in the mail and I have a big smile on my face. First off, thanks for the cool, free stuff. Free stuff makes me happy and this free stuff is pretty darn cool.

Another copy of "The Village of Hommlet." Yes, I said another copy. This is the second copy of this module I have received. No worries, I will give it to a someone as an incentive gift to get into DMing as well. So, it will serve its purpose.

The Dark Sun box is kinda cool. I say "kinda" for a few reasons. First, the art is awesome! I was already excited about Dark Sun but the art makes me want it just a little bit more. Second, getting a nice little box like this is cool. Very good idea for a reward. The only drawback is how the art is printed on the cardboard. There were no allowances in the design for what happens to the art when the cardboard is bent. I looked the art over and then began folding it into a box. Before I even reached 90 degrees on most of the sides the art ripped wide open.

Box 01

Box 02 

As you can see, the ripping is really, really bad. The box will still work but I won't be using it too often as I am afraid regular use will damage it further beyond use. So a warning to all who get this. Be extremely careful when you fold it. I was being careful but apparently not careful enough so be EXTREMELY careful when you do it.

The last reward was the collection of Condition Cards which are, by far, the best reward in the entire set. I am thoroughly impressed by the cards and they will be a permanent addition to my tools at the game table.

Many thanks! The gifts are very cool and, aside from the mentioned issues, I hope they encourage others players to step up into the DM slot from time to time.

Oh, that's cool! I look forward to mine.

I will try scoring my box before folding; that usually helps with the ripping issues your pictures show. I recommend using a ruler and some not-too-sharp implement -- bobby pin, the back of a craft knife, something like that.

Love the peach fuzz on the back of your hand.
Dave Kay LFR Writing Director Retiree dkay807 [at] yahoo [dot] com
Yeah, I laughed when I saw that too. What can I say? I am a hairy dude, hehe. My wife keeps laughing at me too because the static here in the house is insane at the moment and I keep shocking myself.

Yeah, scoring the edges would probably work quite nicely. I will have to remember that in the future if I ever receive something else like this. 
Yeah, I laughed when I saw that too. What can I say? I am a hairy dude, hehe. My wife keeps laughing at me too because the static here in the house is insane at the moment and I keep shocking myself.

Yeah, scoring the edges would probably work quite nicely. I will have to remember that in the future if I ever receive something else like this. 

Some of us are more "gorilla" than others. I had a friend who enjoyed pointing out the hair on the back of my hand. Don't get meanies like DKay get to you. There is likely some culture that finds it sexy, if only in a sci-fi novel.

(Yeah, DKay, I said "meanie" - what are you gonna do, kill me with your next mod? Oh, right, you probably will...

Follow my blog and Twitter feed with Dark Sun campaign design and DM tips!
Dark Sun's Ashes of Athas Campaign is now available for home play (PM me with your e-mail to order the campaign adventures).

I got my Dark Sun box and my third copy of The Village of Hommlet (I got two the first time they sent it out). My Dark Sun box shall remain flat as a pancake and unused, as I already have a minis and dice carrying system.

If you're into fantasy-themed boxes for minis and dice, get Magic: The Gathering fat packs. Those boxes are the way to go - sturdy, compact and attractive. Way, way better than these flimsy Dark Sun boxes.

-------- Don (Greyson) --------

Non-smoker, White, Non-golfer, U.S.-American

Awww... I only got Hommlet stuff once...

But anyways.. I LOVE the condition cards.  Great for whenever a player needs a quick reminder on how bad helpless is.

Play whatever the **** you want. Never Point a loaded party at a plot you are not willing to shoot. Arcane Rhetoric. My Blog.

I've definitely DMed the requisite number of games, but it's doesn't look as though anything's been sent on the DM Rewards section of my DCI account.

Should I be concerned?  What do others see when they go to this screen?
Gamma World Origins Half-Sheets: Horizontal (FiFG) Vertical (GW) FiFG coming soon
To my surprise, I got my DM rewards yesterday. I thought I had only DM'd four times, but I guess I was wrong.

The Dark Sun box is okay. I managed to fold it without much of the graphic tearing pictured above. I scored the box some more and I folded it very slowly and only as far as needed to form the box. Still got a little graphic splitting.

The cards are definitely cool. I'll definitely use them next time I DM.

I have got to get my butt into gear DMing some sessions this reward period so I don't miss out on whatever the next mailing is going to be. The ship tiles from the last mailing and these condition cards from this mailing are nice additions to the various doo-dads I have for DMing games.
-Sartredes
I've definitely DMed the requisite number of games, but it's doesn't look as though anything's been sent on the DM Rewards section of my DCI account.

Should I be concerned?  What do others see when they go to this screen?

Go into DCI and check your point totals. Any number of things may have gone awry but they are usually pretty good about fixing the problem when you email them about it.
There can be a big time lapse between what you see in login for rewards sent and when rewards are actually sent. What you generally can count on is that if you have enough points in your account, then you will be sent a reward. Also, rewards are generally mailed out in several batches, with some getting the rewards later than others (I have not received mine yet, but I'm not worried given how often I DM).

Follow my blog and Twitter feed with Dark Sun campaign design and DM tips!
Dark Sun's Ashes of Athas Campaign is now available for home play (PM me with your e-mail to order the campaign adventures).

My rewards came in the mail yesterday. I only received the Dark Sun box and condition cards. It's a bit of a bummer, since my signing up for the rewards was confused and so I didn't receive anything before, but the box is nice and the condition cards also look like they'll work well in a card-binder sleeve.
I wanted more ship tiles. I want to run CORE 2-3... lol

Is 4 sets enough to do it?  I'll be sorry if giving away my 5th set stopped me from having enough =)

Blah blah blah
Before folding the box put a self adhensive tranparent film on the box.

first the splitting won´t happen  and second it is protected against water and what ever.

hope mine will come soon
I wanted more ship tiles. I want to run CORE 2-3... lol

You actually only need two sets of Ship Tiles for CORE2-3. I mistakenly wrote 3 sets in the "Dungeon Tile sets needed" section.

When my friends found out what I was writing, they happily donated. I also found an old school blue chessex battle mat online and bought it (one of the huge 4 foot long ones) to represent the "sky."

Also, if you're looking for some badass Dundjinni maps for the two middle encounters, contact me off-list. A friend made PDFs of them that you can print out on 18x24 paper.
Dave Kay LFR Writing Director Retiree dkay807 [at] yahoo [dot] com

hope mine will come soon

Mine just arrived yesterday, and I'm in the U.S. (Chicago).
"Of course [Richard] has a knife. He always has a knife. We all have knives. It's 1183, and we're barbarians!" - Eleanor of Aquitaine, "The Lion in Winter"
Also, if you're looking for some badass Dundjinni maps for the two middle encounters, contact me off-list. A friend made PDFs of them that you can print out on 18x24 paper.

Now you tell me, after I've pretty much finished making my own color maps. Sigh...lol.

I have gone through to try to enroll for the DM Rewards program but I cannot find a link to do so.  I follow the instructions on the RPGA home page and there is no link for DM Rewards in the My Links section.  The only link about Rewards programs takes me to a Magic the Gathering Rewards page; not what I am looking for.

Can anyone go to the page for DM Rewards sign-up and link it here?  Or is it tied to your login?  I *am* registered as a herald and I have DMed quite a few LFR games over the past year.  I've even sent emails to DCI ("Don't ask us, that's RPGA!") and RPGA ("Don't ask us, that's DCI!")  I'm starting to question their ability to run a website.
I have gone through to try to enroll for the DM Rewards program but I cannot find a link to do so.  I follow the instructions on the RPGA home page and there is no link for DM Rewards in the My Links section.  The only link about Rewards programs takes me to a Magic the Gathering Rewards page; not what I am looking for.

Can anyone go to the page for DM Rewards sign-up and link it here?  Or is it tied to your login?  I *am* registered as a herald and I have DMed quite a few LFR games over the past year.  I've even sent emails to DCI ("Don't ask us, that's RPGA!") and RPGA ("Don't ask us, that's DCI!")  I'm starting to question their ability to run a website.

The DCI Personal Information Center has never been a strong point for WotC, unfortunately.  Then again, I'm a member of a couple Organized Play programs for other companies, and I'm pretty convinced its a weak spot across the board.

You're correct, however, in that I don't currently see a link in the DCI membership area that clearly advertises itself as being a place to signup for DM Rewards - this may be because I'm already a member, but I'll ask around and see if I can't get current/updated information. 
WolfStar76 Community Advocate (SVCL) for D&D Organized Play, Avalon Hill, and the DCI/WPN LFR Community Manager DDi Guide

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

I found this out myself, go ahead and walk through the Magic one, it should come up with a link eventually that says D&D something after it. It's because of this system they are also not granting me the reward this time around but thats a gripe I have with the CSRs.
It looks like, to get that page for DM reward programm

you first have to go to the Judge center and pass  an exam for  4th edition herald

after that you should get the page .
I´m  not sure,  couse I´m allready an herald.

But thats the only way to sanction games and get the points.
if privat or public.

Marleron: I am already registered as a 4e Herald.  There is no link on the Judge Center page or on my profile page (as is mentioned on the RPGA website.)
My own steps (if desired) to sign up for rewards is:
1) Obtain a DCI number (and secret activation code) via a form provided by other RPGA members.
2) To activate your number go to: webapp.wizards.com/activation.aspx
(you might be required to reply to an email sent by WotC to complete the process, so make sure your spam filter doesn’t automatically delete it)
3) Once you’re registered, login at: membership.wizards.com
4) Click on "Reward Program" (left side of the screen), then "SIGN UP NOW!" at the bottom of the next screen. This should take you to: membership.wizards.com/signup/signup.asp...
5) Although this might look like a Magic the Gathering page, make sure to select the D&D reward program which is at the *BOTTOM* of this page (updating your information as needed). This definitely will require you to respond to an email sent by WotC to complete the process, so again make sure your spam filter doesn’t automatically delete it.
6) After responding to their e-mail, you should be able to see several new additions under "Current Memberships" on your DCI Homepage: webapp.wizards.com/personal.aspx
My own steps (if desired) to sign up for rewards is:
1) Obtain a DCI number (and secret activation code) via a form provided by other RPGA members.
2) To activate your number go to: webapp.wizards.com/activation.aspx
(you might be required to reply to an email sent by WotC to complete the process, so make sure your spam filter doesn’t automatically delete it)
3) Once you’re registered, login at: membership.wizards.com
4) Click on "Reward Program" (left side of the screen), then "SIGN UP NOW!" at the bottom of the next screen. This should take you to: membership.wizards.com/signup/signup.asp...
5) Although this might look like a Magic the Gathering page, make sure to select the D&D reward program which is at the *BOTTOM* of this page (updating your information as needed). This definitely will require you to respond to an email sent by WotC to complete the process, so again make sure your spam filter doesn’t automatically delete it.
6) After responding to their e-mail, you should be able to see several new additions under "Current Memberships" on your DCI Homepage: webapp.wizards.com/personal.aspx

The only links I get when I access membership.wizards.com/signup/signup.aspx is one for D&D Player Rewards (no longer active since it's all just DM Rewards now) and Magic Player Rewards (not applicable to me.)

So, I am still not finding one for DM Rewards.
From what I have seen so far in this thread; I can give 2 links that may be useful.

DM Rewards Page
www.wizards.com/dnd/Event.aspx?x=dnd/4ne...

and

WPN Organizer Resource Page
www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dci/sancti...

***However if you need an RPGA number to make use of those then...
please use the E-mail Us tab in the upper left corner of this (customer service) page to send this information (with the subject "New RPGA Membership"):
  • your full name

• current complete mailing address

• date of birth

• your email address

Links that I find very useful, will be added here. http://community.wizards.com/vinciente/blog/2010/02/24/useful_damp;d_pageslinks
can some1 tell me if the cover for the village of hommlet is supposed to be attached to the module or is it supposed to be seperate?
can some1 tell me if the cover for the village of hommlet is supposed to be attached to the module or is it supposed to be seperate?

The Village of Hommlet cover is a separate piece of the adventure from itself. You should have the adventure text which is stapled together and the maps on the inside covers not attached to the adventure.

-------- Don (Greyson) --------

Non-smoker, White, Non-golfer, U.S.-American

DM Reward:

mvincent´s  version is working