The Radiant Storm Approaches...

49 posts / 0 new
Last post
Radiant Stormlord: Sorcerer/Morninglord/Deadly Trickster
Show

Summary
Show
The Radiant Stormlord unleashes 5 attacks per round for incredible amounts of damage. It uses Dragon Breath as a minor action, Lightning Strike as a standard action, another Dragon Breath as a second minor action, Lightning Daggers as a free action, and another Lightning Strike as an immediate reaction. All attacks are Lightning, Thunder, Radiant powers which take advantage of Oncoming Storm, Echoes of Thunder, and Burning Radiance.

Dragon Breath is an encounter power, but is recharged via Ancient Soul when damage is self-inflicted by Lightning Strike.

Lightning Daggers is a daily power, but it is not expended on a roll of 18 or higher, which is easily accomplished with rerolls and dice. After a milestone, Ring of the Radiant Storm can be used to regain Lightning Daggers by missing, which is simple. Epic Trick can also recharge Lightning Daggers when necessary.

Level 30 Build

Show
====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Radiant Stormlord, level 30
Dragonborn, Sorcerer, Morninglord, Deadly Trickster
Build: Dragon Sorcerer
Spell Source: Dragon Magic
Dragon Soul: Dragon Soul Lightning
Arcane Admixture Damage Type: Arcane Admixture Thunder
Arcane Admixture II: Arcane Admixture Thunder II
Arcane Admixture III: Arcane Admixture Thunder III
Dragon Breath Key Ability: Dragon Breath Strength
Dragon Breath Damage Type: Dragon Breath Lightning
Arcane Admixture Power: Lightning Strike
Arcane Admixture II: Dragon Breath
Arcane Admixture III: Lightning Daggers

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 26, Con 12, Dex 14, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 26.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 16, Con 10, Dex 12, Int 8, Wis 12, Cha 16.

AC: 41 Fort: 39 Reflex: 33 Will: 41
HP: 169 Surges: 7 Surge Value: 43

TRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +20, Diplomacy +28, Bluff +28, Athletics +28, Religion +20

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +17, Dungeoneering +17, Endurance +16, Heal +17, History +17, Insight +17, Intimidate +25, Nature +17, Perception +17, Stealth +17, Streetwise +23, Thievery +17

FEATS
Level 1: Ancient Soul
Level 2: Hurl Breath
Level 4: Draconic Spellcaster
Level 6: White Lotus Riposte
Level 8: Oncoming Storm
Level 10: Soldier of the Faith (retrained to Initiate of the Faith at Level 11)
Level 11: White Lotus Master Riposte
Level 12: Arcane Admixture
Level 14: Arcane Admixture II
Level 16: Radiant Breath
Level 18: Arcane Admixture III
Level 20: Focused Expertise (Dagger)
Level 21: Echoes of Thunder
Level 22: Astral Fire
Level 24: Dual Implement Spellcaster
Level 26: Powerful Breath
Level 28: Empowered Dragon Breath
Level 30: Radiant Advantage

POWERS
Sorcerer at-will 1: Lightning Strike
Sorcerer at-will 1: Burning Spray
Sorcerer encounter 1: Tempest Breath
Sorcerer daily 1: Lightning Breath
Sorcerer utility 2: Spatial Trip
Sorcerer encounter 3: Flame Spiral
Sorcerer daily 5: Glacial Armor
Sorcerer utility 6: Sudden Scales
Sorcerer encounter 7: Spark Form
Sorcerer daily 9: Adamantine Echo
Sorcerer utility 10: Invert Resistance
Sorcerer encounter 13: Thunder Breath (replaces Tempest Breath)
Sorcerer daily 15: Lightning Daggers (replaces Lightning Breath)
Sorcerer utility 16: Breath of Potency
Sorcerer encounter 17: Breath of Winter (replaces Flame Spiral)
Sorcerer daily 19: Blackfire Serpent (replaces Glacial Armor)
Sorcerer utility 22: Platinum Scales
Sorcerer encounter 23: Black Breath (replaces Spark Form)
Sorcerer daily 25: Cloak of Winter Storm (replaces Adamantine Echo)
Sorcerer encounter 27: Thunder Pulse (replaces Thunder Breath)
Sorcerer daily 29: Wyrm Form (replaces Blackfire Serpent)

ITEMS
Radiant Dagger +6, Arkhosian Scepter +6, Ring of the Radiant Storm (paragon tier) (3), Spark Slippers (paragon tier), Crown of the Brilliant Sun (paragon tier), Siberys Shard of Radiance (epic tier), Ankhmon's Bracers (paragon tier), Cloak of Displacement +6, Symbol of Divine Light +4, Ring of the Dragonborn Emperor (paragon tier), Subtle Dagger +6, Battle Harness Starweave Armor +6, Dice of Auspicious Fortune (paragon tier), Pelor's Sun Blessing (level 3)
====== Copy to Clipboard and Press the Import Button on the Summary Tab =====

Attack
Show

Dragon Breath 45 vs Reflex 42
Show
21 Base
+8 Strength
+6 Enhancement
+3 Draconic Spellcaster
+2 Combat Advantage
+5 Oncoming Storm

Lightning Strike 42 vs Reflex 42
Show
15 Base
+8 Charisma
+6 Enhancement
+3 Expertise
+3 Draconic Spellcaster
+2 Combat Advantage
+5 Oncoming Storm

Lightning Daggers 42 vs Reflex 42
Show
15 Base
+8 Charisma
+6 Enhancement
+3 Expertise
+3 Draconic Spellcaster
+2 Combat Advantage
+5 Oncoming Storm

Damage
Show

Dragon Breath 4d10+57
Show
3d6Base
+1d10 Ankhmon’s Bracers
+8 Charisma
+12 Draconic Power
+6 Enhancement
+3 Astral Fire
+6 Subtle Weapon
+5 Ring of the Dragonborn Emperor
+3 Gifts for the Queen
+2 Pelor's Sun Blessing
+15 Vulnerable Radiant

Lightning Strike 2d6+1d10+72
Show
2d6 Base
+1d10 Ankhmon’s Bracers
+8 Charisma
+12 Draconic Power
+6 Enhancement
+6 Off-Hand Enhancement
+3 Astral Fire
+6 Radiant Weapon
+6 Subtle Weapon
+5 Siberys Shard of Radiance
+3 Gifts of the Queen
+2 Pelor's Sun Blessing
+15 Vulnerable Radiant

Lightning Daggers 2d4+1d10+72
Show
2d6 Base
+1d10 Ankhmon’s Bracers
+8 Charisma
+12 Draconic Power
+6 Enhancement
+6 Off-Hand Enhancement
+3 Astral Fire
+6 Radiant Weapon
+6 Subtle Weapon
+5 Siberys Shard of Radiance
+3 Gifts of the Queen
+2 Pelor's Sun Blessing
+15 Vulnerable Radiant

DPR
Show

Dragon Breath 75.95 DPR
Show
(0.05)(0)+(0.90)(79)+(0.05)(97)= 75.95

Dragon Breath II 75.95 DPR
Show
(0.05)(0)+ (0.90)(79)+(0.05)(97)= 75.95

Lightning Strike 81.5 DPR
Show
(0.05)(0)+(0.90)(84.5)+(0.05)(109)=81.5

Lightning Daggers 79.5 DPR
Show
(0.05)(0) +(0.90)(82.5)+(0.05)(105)=79.5

Riposte Lightning Strike 106.5 DPR
Show
(0.05)(25)+(0.90)(109.5)+(0.05)(140)=106.5

Echoes of Thunder 112.57 DPR
Show
{(1)(0.05)^5(0.95)^0}(0)+ {(5)(0.05)^4(0.95)^1} (18)+ {(10)(0.05)^3(0.95)^2} (39)+ {(10)(0.05)^2(0.95)^3} (63)+ {(5)(0.05)^1(0.95)^4} (90)+ {(1)(0.05)^0(0.95)^5} (120) = 112.575

Total = 531.9 DPR

Reserved
Ladies and Gentleman, It's a small small step for a gamer but a huge for the game. Feychargers have just been beaten in DPR, by a non-hybrid char.

Why not start with 20 Cha 16 str (after racials)? nevermind, dragon breath ofc...
You appear to be juggling the rod and radiant dagger between attacks, but the only thing I can see to get rid of the action cost involved in that is the Battle Harness, which only gets rid of the action to draw an item, not to stow it.  If you want to avoid a minor action to stow things, you'll need a claw familiar to make both drawing and stowing a free action.

You're non-breath attacks appear to be cast with the radiant dagger and use the subtle dagger in the offhand, but per AV1 weapon properties only apply to attacks made through those weapons, so you can't apply the subtle bonus to attacks made through the radiant dagger.
Wow amazing !  

Love how you keep lightning daggers all day. I would suggest to get some spare Rings of the Radiant Storm. Dice and rerolls are not that reliable (and 18-20 only works on the first roll of the daily power).  e.g. with
enc1: normal use
enc2: epic trick + ring
enc3: from ring + rerolls
enc4: from rerolls + rerolls
enc5: from rerolls

Edit: Just noticed this doesn't work since enc2 cannot use milestone already. Maybe a mix of 2 dice and 2 rings might do the trick. enc1: dice(6)+potion(1)+ED(3)+normal(1) = 83% chance for at least one 18+. If this doesn't work, enc2 cannot use the power unless you can afford to loose it the rest of the day. enc3+ are safe due to epic trick + rings...

you will have 4 dice (3(daily)+2(milestone)-1(ring)) for 12 "rerolls" and 3 daily rerolls, lets say 16 (trading one HS for a potion of clarity), 8 rerolls on enc 4+5 -> 23% chance to fail in enc4+5. Using two more rings would just require 2 daily items uses (2 still free), and if you close your eyes without using an implement, you can make sure your first hit is either 18+ (ED regain) or miss (ring regain).

Also very nice & relatively painless way to keep Dragon Breath going.

However, i wonder how you assure the riposte ? It seems to be relatively essental to get attacked, since the second lightning strike also restores your dragonbreath for the next round...

Does Ancient Soul actually recharge the breath if you successfully resist all the damage? I'm not certain it does...
Whenever you take damage of the type dealt by your dragon breath (after the damage dealt is reduced by your resistance), you regain the use of your dragon breath if you have already expended it in this encounter.

Whenever you take damage after already reducing it from your resistance... I don't think it'd trigger off of a full resist.

It's a moot point anyways because this build will receive Lightning and Radiant and Thunder damage from the at-will and he only appears to have resistance to Lightning, so he'll still take the damage and trigger the feat but I'm not certain it's as flexible as immediately appreaing.
"One skilled at battle takes a stand in the ground of no defeat And so does not lose the enemy's defeat. Therefore, the victorious military is first victorious and after that does battle. The defeated military first does battle and after that seeks victory." -- the Art of War
You should offer free diapers for post viewers in the original post, because I just soiled myself.

Well done, sir!
Khift- Yes, you resist, but you also pierce resistances of the same type (and the same amount), so you pierce your own resistance.
A note to all who think I am being aggressive or angry- 99% of the time, I do not intend to be. I apologize if you think I am attacking you, odds are very strong that I am not. The only exceptions are when people become extremely uncivil to me, and even then I usually ignore them. I think it is very obvious when I am really mad; if I just seem generally abrasive, it is a reflection of my thought process rather than a state of emotion. I have the greatest respect for those who can debate rationally, even if we come to different conclusions. I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.
Khift- Yes, you resist, but you also pierce resistances of the same type (and the same amount), so you pierce your own resistance.

Ahhhh good point, shows I don't play a sorcerer much eh!
"One skilled at battle takes a stand in the ground of no defeat And so does not lose the enemy's defeat. Therefore, the victorious military is first victorious and after that does battle. The defeated military first does battle and after that seeks victory." -- the Art of War

He pierces the resistance of a target; he's not actually a target of lightning strike, so that part doesn't pierce his resistance.  The multiple damage types are actually necessary for it to work.
You can solve the juggling problem by having the criminal background and have thievery as a class skill and take fast hands.  That with the battle harness may help you out.
DPR King Candidates 3.0
How much damage should I shoot for?
You're fired : 1 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .2 KPR Fair Striker : 2 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .4 KPR Highly Optimized : 3 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .6 KPR Nerfbat please : 4 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .8 KPR It's OVER 9000!!!!!: 5 Kills Per 5 Rounds = 1+ KPR
DPR? KPR? KP4R? Bless you
DPR = Damage Per round ~= Chance to hit * damage on a hit KPR = Kills Per Round. 1 Kill = 8*Level+24 damage = DPR/(8*level+24) KPNR = Kills Per N Rounds. How many standards can you kill in N rounds?
Very impressive!

Here's hoping none of my players see this when the campaign turns epic...
Just a few questions...

1) Why is Oncoming Storm giving +5 to hit?
2) What's giving you Combat Advantage ?
3) What's forcing the enemies to attack you, triggering Riposte?
He has such a high to-hit with his dragonbreath, giving him CA for his next attacks, and then if he assumes he hits with those and all 5 attacks(being lightning) then he gets the bonus.  It's risky getting it started.
Radiant advantage gives CA to you and all allies when you deal radiant damage.
he currently has no way to enforce a catch 22.  he simply hopes the foe is vengeful enough to attack him back. 
DPR King Candidates 3.0
You're fired : 1 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .2 KPR Fair Striker : 2 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .4 KPR Highly Optimized : 3 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .6 KPR Nerfbat please : 4 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .8 KPR It's OVER 9000!!!!!: 5 Kills Per 5 Rounds = 1+ KPR
DPR = Damage Per round ~= Chance to hit * damage on a hit KPR = Kills Per Round. 1 Kill = 8*Level+24 damage = DPR/(8*level+24) KPNR = Kills Per N Rounds. How many standards can you kill in N rounds?
Ok, I'm starting to see.
So, why is Oncoming Storm +5?  Surely it doesn't stack with itself?
And how is Echoes of Thunder adding 113 damage?

Edit: One more thought: Dragonbreath recharge requires Lightning Strike to hit, which is will 95% of the time.  Shouldn't the Dragonbreath numbers figure in that 5% chance of miss to be accurate in terms of DPR? 
both untyped and specifically stack with themselves.  Look up typed bonuses in the PHB and you'll see this for yourself.
That's the beauty of echoes of thunder, the damage grows exponentially with the number of attacks you can make per round.  
DPR King Candidates 3.0

Both of those are untyped bonuses, so they stack with themselves.  I haven't double checked the math on Echoes, but he's adding up an extra 3 damage on each subsequent attack until the end of his next turn for each hit he's getting.

So the massive to-hit for the build is contingent on his getting 5 hits the previous round, but the reason he's likely to hit on the previous round is because he's got such a high to-hit?  Talk about infinite regress....
  Regardless, impressive build. 
  So the massive to-hit for the build is contingent on his getting 5 hits the previous round, but the reason he's likely to hit on the previous round is because he's got such a high to-hit?  Talk about infinite regress....
  Regardless, impressive build. 

Yes, but, you also have to realize that each target hit by his Breath Weapon will increase both Oncoming Storm and Echoes of Thunder's bonuses. The current iteration is assuming he's only hitting one target. Hitting a couple extra on the setup round is enough to give an even larger bonus that he's already working under the assumption of having. I'd say in the end it's a pretty fair assumption.
With no way to enforce a catch-22, or at least some kind of mark, the riposte isn't really valid in terms of DPR, which means that the second Dragon Breath every round has the same issue. At that point, you're down to slightly less than three attacks per round.
Yes, but, you also have to realize that each target hit by his Breath Weapon will increase both Oncoming Storm and Echoes of Thunder's bonuses.

Echoes of Thunder is per power, not per target hit.  A Burst 5 that hits 25 targets still only gives you +1 per tier.  Either the power hits at least one target and it hits or it misses all targets and misses.  This interpretation is supported by the original wording of Reliable "If you miss when using a reliable power, you don’t expend the use of that power." and clarifed by an update "If a creature misses every target when using a reliable power, the use of that power isn’t expended."

It's good, but there's alot that wouldn't cut it as reliably repeatable.

You lean too much on your daily item powers to regain your daggers, and even then it's still chance based.  You've got 9 dice, if you blow all your daily item uses (thus eliminating Ring of the Radiant Storm as an option), so you're only likely to get one or two.  Epic Trick gives you 1 automatic recharge, the trickster rerolls are by their nature a crapshoot.  This is a 2 encounter reliable DPR build at this point.  Salve builds, at least, get 4.

And you haven't justified your reposte at all, which as others have noted, is required for you to recharge your dragonbreath.

There's alot of potential with Ancient Cheesybreath, but we're not there yet.
Yes, but, you also have to realize that each target hit by his Breath Weapon will increase both Oncoming Storm and Echoes of Thunder's bonuses.

Echoes of Thunder is per power, not per target hit.  A Burst 5 that hits 25 targets still only gives you +1 per tier.  Either the power hits at least one target and it hits or it misses all targets and misses.  This interpretation is supported by the original wording of Reliable "If you miss when using a reliable power, you don’t expend the use of that power." and clarifed by an update "If a creature misses every target when using a reliable power, the use of that power isn’t expended."

Mmm, I see. I had been reading that wrong all along. Still, reliable has absolutely nothing to do with it. I had just assumed it had said "hit with a thunder attack", of which a thunder AoE power has multiples of, but it does say "hit with a thunder power" and a thunder AoE power is only one power -- so it's just binary, did or didn't hit. No option for hit multiple times, I don't think. While not the clearest thing in the world, I would agree with that interpretation. I'd just never paid any mind to the word 'power' in their description, I guess.
Here's something that's extremely cheesy, but I think should work (by RAW at least) and at get you 2-3 recharges of Dragon breath per round.

Everything the same, Lightning Breath + Lightning Resistance from Dragon Magic feature.

Take Adaptable Breath(Cold) as a feat.

Use the Delbanian Vambraces item power, take 5 cold damage that cannot be prevented or reduced.

This should fulfill the conditions required by Ancient Soul:

1) Your dragon breath power deals the same type as your Dragon Magic class feature gives you resistance to (in this case lightning), so you gain the benefit.

2) The benefit says that whenever you take damage of the type dealt by your dragon breath (in this case cold) after reduction (which with the bracers is 0), you regain dragon breath.

Can anyone figure out how to get an additional minor action each turn? The only thing I can think of is boots of eagerness, and that's only once per encounter.

So your typical round would go:

Minor: Dragon Breath (expended)
Standard: Lightning Strike (Dragon Breath recharged) x1
Move->Minor: Dragon Breath (expended)
Free: Lightning Daggers
Free: Delbanian Vambraces (Dragon Breath recharged) x2
???: Dragon Breath (expended, probably not possible at-will)
Riposte: Lightning Strike (Dragon Breath recharged) x3 (also probably won't happen since you're invisible from the bracers)
previous post

Here's something that's extremely cheesy, but I think should work (by RAW at least) and at get you 2-3 recharges of Dragon breath per round.

Everything the same, Lightning Breath + Lightning Resistance from Dragon Magic feature.

Use the Delbanian Vambraces item power, take 5 cold damage that cannot be prevented or reduced.

1) Your dragon breath power deals the same type as your Dragon Magic class feature gives you resistance to (in this case lightning), so you gain the benefit.

2) The benefit says that whenever you take damage of the type dealt by your dragon breath (in this case cold) after reduction (which with the bracers is 0), you regain dragon breath.

Can anyone figure out how to get an additional minor action each turn? The only thing I can think of is boots of eagerness, and that's only once per encounter.

Riposte: Lightning Strike (Dragon Breath recharged) x3 (also probably won't happen since you're invisible from the bracers)

Well, other than adaptable breath's wording kinda kicking you, 'when you use your dragonbreath' as opposed to just adding a new damage type, and it also means you have to crit with something, or kill something, a bit more reliant on a situational start, but better once started.
Anyway, on extra minor actions, I know of these:

[sblock=Boots of Eagerness (heroic tier)]
Power (Encounter): Free Action. Use this power during your turn to take an additional move action.
[/sblock]

or if you've reached a milestone

[sblock=Ring of Free Time]
Property: You gain resist 5 all damage
Power (Encounter): Free Action. You can take an additional minor action on your turn. If you've reached at least one milestone today, you can use this power at-will once per round.
[/sblock]

Not sure if there are other options, if there are I haven't seen them, but I'm sure someone will find them if they're there.

You're right, you would probably have to use Arcane Admixture(cold) to give it the cold keyword and damage type. Which knocks out Arcane Admixture (thunder), but you could substitute Thundering Breath for it. The only issue there is I'm unsure if Thundering Breath gives it the thunder keyword, so you might be out of luck with echoes of thunder.
previous post

Well, other than adaptable breath's wording kinda kicking you, 'when you use your dragonbreath' as opposed to just adding a new damage type, and it also means you have to crit with something, or kill something, a bit more reliant on a situational start, but better once started.
Anyway, on extra minor actions, I know of these:

[sblock=Boots of Eagerness (heroic tier)]
Power (Encounter): Free Action. Use this power during your turn to take an additional move action.
[/sblock]

or if you've reached a milestone

[sblock=Ring of Free Time]
Property: You gain resist 5 all damage
Power (Encounter): Free Action. You can take an additional minor action on your turn. If you've reached at least one milestone today, you can use this power at-will once per round.
[/sblock]

Not sure if there are other options, if there are I haven't seen them, but I'm sure someone will find them if they're there.

Wouldnt the ring prevent you from taking damage from your own lightning strike. 
DPR King Candidates 3.0
note that disembodied hand/rakshasa calw familiar takes care of the item-swapping thing just fine.

It is also true, however, that 18s are not as easy to pull as you seem to be making out (or maybe you're pulling out some deeply mighty reroll fu that I'm not aware of, in which case I'd like to see a breakdown of that)
You're right, you would probably have to use Arcane Admixture(cold) to give it the cold keyword and damage type. Which knocks out Arcane Admixture (thunder), but you could substitute Thundering Breath for it. The only issue there is I'm unsure if Thundering Breath gives it the thunder keyword, so you might be out of luck with echoes of thunder.

Neither thundering breath nor concussive breath gives the thunder keyword, nor does Admixture Breath give the keyword when you use it.  I think Radiant Breath and Arcane Admixture are the only ways to add keywords to the breath.
It is also true, however, that 18s are not as easy to pull as you seem to be making out (or maybe you're pulling out some deeply mighty reroll fu that I'm not aware of, in which case I'd like to see a breakdown of that)

9 rerolls leaves you with a 19.7% chance of missing, which is sufficiently large to derail planned dpr.
What are the board's advice for a 21st level version.  I'd like to get 3 attacks, but w/o being able to refresh lightning daggers for the first 2 encounters of the day takes a significant cut in the effectiveness.
DPR King Candidates 3.0

Bam!  That's what we've been looking for!

The bracers are a free action to sustain, is there any reason why you couldn't choose to sustain them more than once per turn?  These could totally eliminate the need to use the breath itself or another power (like lightning strike) to recharge your breath.  Even better, as a free action, you could even use it to recharge the breath between OAs.

Your turn could go
Minor: Breath
Move->Minor: Breath
Standard: Twin Strike (ideally)
Ring of Free Time Minor: Breath

There's a deva heritage feat that happens to give you 5 temporary hitpoints whenever you take cold damage, exactly negating the damage from the bracers.
Also, even if we assume we can only susain a power once per turn, this can be used to recharge breath once, then you can use a minor to use a mage's dagger to recharge a martial power of your choice, effectively making a martial encounter power at-will.

Good find stardock, like I said, we've been looking hard for that!
"you sustain the effect by taking the indicated action: a standard action, a move action, or a minor action. (You can sustain an effect once per turn.) "

From the compendium.  So yeah, can't sustain more than once per turn. 
A note to all who think I am being aggressive or angry- 99% of the time, I do not intend to be. I apologize if you think I am attacking you, odds are very strong that I am not. The only exceptions are when people become extremely uncivil to me, and even then I usually ignore them. I think it is very obvious when I am really mad; if I just seem generally abrasive, it is a reflection of my thought process rather than a state of emotion. I have the greatest respect for those who can debate rationally, even if we come to different conclusions. I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.
yeah, I just checked that out myself.  At least the aforementioned combo still works (using the recharged dragonbreath to recharge a martial encounter via mage's weapon) which is highly signifigant, IMO.
If I were to guess, I think that the best bet for this concept may be a hybrid character instead of vanilla sorcerer. I'm not really sure that it's a good guess, but there's definately promise in a Warlock|Sorcerer build or a Wizard|Sorcerer build...maybe even Swordmage|Sorcerer to inflict the Catch-22.

Also, in those cases, I'm not convinced that Morninglord is a better PP than Ninefold Master and possibly Honorable Blade.

For example, a Swordmage(Assault)|Sorcerer could do:

Your Turns
Minor: Dragon Breath
Standard: Lightning Strike (arcane power, triggers riposte and recharges the Dragon Breath)
Move->Minor: Dragon Breath
Free: Lightning Daggers (This really needs to be every encounter, maybe with Archmage? Would need windrise ports though, so it's kinda lame. Archspell would work out of the box at level 30.)
Free: Bracers hit you and you recharge the dragon breath.
Ring of Free Time(Minor): Dragon Breath

Outside Your Turn (Forcing a Catch-22)

If the enemy attacks you, he takes 8 damage from riposte, then takes another Lightning Strike that recharges the Dragon Breath.

If the enemy doesn't attack you, you get to make a MBA against them (any good options here?). But how to recharge the Breath Weapon on a MBA? Well, here's another cheesy idea, buy a bunch of bloodclaw weapons and have a way to draw them as a free action. By the time you get to the MBA you should be able to hit with all the bonuses you're stacking. If you go into Honorable Blade (need to MC Battle Awareness or another martial feat) whenever you activate the bloodclaw power you'll take x lightning(or cold) damage (via Draconic Blade) that can't be prevented or reduced, thus recharging the breath.
yeah, I just checked that out myself.  At least the aforementioned combo still works (using the recharged dragonbreath to recharge a martial encounter via mage's weapon) which is highly signifigant, IMO.

I don't think this works because Dragon Breath doesn't have a level. The Mage's Weapon will recharge a martial power of a level up to the the level of the arcane power expended.
Dragon breath can't be used with white lotus riposte as dragon breath isn't technically an at-will.  Why are we going towards martial powers.  I think that cause dragon breath doens't have a level the best thing any DM would allow is it to be considered a level 1 power, and there is slim pickings for martial powers that mesh well with a sorcerer.
DPR King Candidates 3.0
Dragon breath can't be used with white lotus riposte as dragon breath isn't technically an at-will.  Why are we going towards martial powers.  I think that cause dragon breath doens't have a level the best thing any DM would allow is it to be considered a level 1 power, and there is slim pickings for martial powers that mesh well with a sorcerer.

You're right, I was thinking of a build using Arcane Sword that made it an at-will power at level 30, but that's not the ED that this build uses.
Note from earlier in the thread - if you want to recharge from both the bracers and lightning strike, you have to give up thunder on the breath, and it's a tch iffy even then.  (It's RAW legal, but it involves a bit of rules lawyering).
I offer Avatar of Io(ED) as another source of exponential attack and damage source with it's feature Breath mastery:
After you use dragon breath, you gain a +2 bonus to attack rolls and damage rolls with powers that deal the same type of damage as your dragon breath. This benefit lasts until the end of your next turn.

As with echoes of thunder's exponential growth with the number of attacks so with Breath mastery's growth with the number of breaths/round.
DPR King Candidates 3.0