Fae Question

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Out of curiosity, what's the reason River of Tears gets played in fae as opposed to another type of dual land like Sunken Ruins
I despise the new "Everyone create a magic blog" bandwagon. For more information: Click Here! I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Because when played correctly it can essentially act as a underground sea.  If you have the land in hand you can always float it as blue before playing it or you can always wait for black.  And on your opponents turn you never want black, except for the rare doomblade case, which can easily be fixed by fetches.  It's basically just a better island.
NO ONE EXPECTS THE QUAGSIRE INSURRECTION! My SUPER AWESOME GregtheEgg lightning bolt: http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm284/fengairen2/Scan.png pmppostchandraversion.png
In short, it's an Island that can also make Black mana for Bitterblossom.
Sunken Ruins is so bad.

How are you going to play that turn 1 Ancestral?
How you gonna make colored mana with that Mutavault?
Deck Critique VCL
Show
Rules Advisor Don't assume I have read any response you might have made directed toward me in a thread or post. The best method to contact me is Private Message as I will always check there upon logging on Please review the Code of Conduct or the Comprehensive Rules when in doubt. Also, please use Google for your easy-to-answer questions. Read this for a bit on game mathematics. This is information on game psychology and the infamous term "scrub." Autocard:
[c]Gifts Ungiven[/c] -> Gifts Ungiven
royk's Tradesroyk's Deck Dump
Sunken Ruins is so bad.

To be fair you can't go turn 1 ancestral with river of tears either.  But he mutavault point is very valid.
NO ONE EXPECTS THE QUAGSIRE INSURRECTION! My SUPER AWESOME GregtheEgg lightning bolt: http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm284/fengairen2/Scan.png pmppostchandraversion.png
Sunken Ruins is so bad.

To be fair you can't go turn 1 ancestral with river of tears either.  But he mutavault point is very valid.

Mutavault may not produce colored mana but it does up your fea count by 1 for spellstutter which is just amazing.
And it's said that youth's ,well only tragedy Is being unoriginal
89522235 wrote:
niche's solution to everything is always MOAR BLACK! "ok, my legacy mono black control deck is getting hated out by light of day..." "MOAR BLACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Sunken Ruins is so bad.

Mutavault may not produce colored mana but it does up your fea count by 1 for spellstutter which is just amazing.

That's not the point.  The point is that sunken ruins is bad because it can't use mutavault, not that vault is bad.
Sunken Ruins is so bad.

That's not the point.  The point is that sunken ruins is bad because it can't use mutavault, not that vault is bad.

I thought the point was that mutavault produced colorless mana but I may be slightly out of this as I'm on pain medication to the max right now.
And it's said that youth's ,well only tragedy Is being unoriginal
89522235 wrote:
niche's solution to everything is always MOAR BLACK! "ok, my legacy mono black control deck is getting hated out by light of day..." "MOAR BLACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Sunken Ruins is so bad.

I thought the point was that mutavault produced colorless mana but I may be slightly out of this as I'm on pain medication to the max right now.

The OP asked why sunken ruins wasn't played.  A given answer was that mutavault can't be used with it.  Clearly mutavault is necessary, so ruins becomes worse then.