What's your best plugin?

7 posts / 0 new
Last post

X | Y (MC cleric) / Morninglord / Radiant One
Really any way to administer radiant vulnerability is key, but morning lord lets you do it with at-wills easy (Radiant weapon for both implement and weapon users)
Radiant One has 21st level feature(Starborn) that adds Int fire and RADIANT damage whenever you damage anyone that's granting CA to you.
Radiant Advantage (epic cleric feat): lets you and all allies gain CA vs anyone you hit with a radiant power.  This is simply an easy way to get CA

My personal feeling is to go Wizard | Warlock with wizard's fury shooting a MM and a hellish rebuke each round.  If they attack you White lotus riposte will trigger on both attacks (not master riposte) and deal them a small amount of damage, which triggers Radiant One's starborn which is radiant, which triggers the radiant vulnerability.  

The trick is finding ways to deal anyone any amount of damage (preferably with a radiant power so you can continue the cycle) with as many ways as possible.

What would you plug into this? 
Do you feel like ongoing damage would trigger Starborn?

Nice Options:
DragonBorn + draconic arrogance: Knock prone / push deals strength
White lotus riposte: No action required and it deals damage if they attack you. 

DPR King Candidates 3.0
How much damage should I shoot for?
You're fired : 1 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .2 KPR Fair Striker : 2 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .4 KPR Highly Optimized : 3 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .6 KPR Nerfbat please : 4 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .8 KPR It's OVER 9000!!!!!: 5 Kills Per 5 Rounds = 1+ KPR
DPR? KPR? KP4R? Bless you
DPR = Damage Per round ~= Chance to hit * damage on a hit KPR = Kills Per Round. 1 Kill = 8*Level+24 damage = DPR/(8*level+24) KPNR = Kills Per N Rounds. How many standards can you kill in N rounds?
All you really need is CA up front and you're good to go since the Radiant One + Radiant Advantage cycle perpetuates itself. This is very easy to set up with:

Swordmage
Arcane Admixture (cold) @ Sword Burst
Wintertouched + Lasting Frost

Radiant Bastard Sword is just icing on the cake.

After cranking the engine in turn 1, you're a lawnmower.

What would you plug into this? 
Do you feel like ongoing damage would trigger Starborn?

Well, as worded, any damage + CA triggers starborn, there is no "on a hit" / "using a power" etc. So as long as you have CA, every bit of damage will trigger starborn and thus vulnerability (spark slippers, righteous armor, iron of spite etc.). Also, i would probably rather use a big 7x7 area at-will (enlarged, admix+echoed) + magic missile...
I am currently working on two parallel builds related to this:

Swordmage|Warlock/Umbriri/Radiant One for easy ca with shadow walk (and the shadow band later)

Swordmage|Warlock/Long Night Scion or Feytouched/Radiant One for slashing wake+radiant one damage

I just wish I could combine the easy-ca of the umbriri with slashing wake :P

edit: also, don't forget Pervasive light, which allows you to deal the vulnerability damage regardless of whether your power does radiant damage or not.
edit edit: ...which is made obsolete by radiant one, dangit.  But hey, at least it works for those 5 levels before you get into epic. 
I am currently working on two parallel builds related to this:

Swordmage|Warlock/Umbriri/Radiant One for easy ca with shadow walk (and the shadow band later)

Swordmage|Warlock/Long Night Scion or Feytouched/Radiant One for slashing wake+radiant one damage

I just wish I could combine the easy-ca of the umbriri with slashing wake :P

edit: also, don't forget Pervasive light, which allows you to deal the vulnerability damage regardless of whether your power does radiant damage or not.
edit edit: ...which is made obsolete by radiant one, dangit.  But hey, at least it works for those 5 levels before you get into epic. 

I don't have my books in front of me, but I believe Pervasive Light only allows you to take advantage of Radiant vulnerability with divine attacks. I could be wrong, though.
Couple of fun ideas

Half-Elf Cunning Bard (MC: Cleric, )/Morninglord/Radiant One
Dilettante: Hand of Radiance
Versatile Master
Combat Virtuoso

Dragonborn Cosmic Sorc (MC: Cleric,Fighter)/Morninglord/Radiant One
AiP Glaive
Admixture: Thunder (Blazing Starfall)
Resounding Thunder
Echoes of Thunder
Expand Spell
Draconic Spellcaster
MoS
Polearm Momentum (in epic)
Draconic Arrogance

Rushing Cleats

I don't have my books in front of me, but I believe Pervasive Light only allows you to take advantage of Radiant vulnerability with divine attacks. I could be wrong, though.

Thankfully no, the requirements to take the feat are lvl11 and a divine class.  The only specification for the attack is that the target be vulnerable to radiant, and that the attack not deal radiant damage already.

So here's an interesting RAW question, the wording for Pervasive Light states "When you hit a target that has vulnerability to radiant damage with an attack that does not deal radiant damage, you deal extra damage equal to that vulnerability."
Now, if the attack does not deal radiant damage, but you trigger a feature like, say, Starborn from the Radiant One, do you get to deal the vulnerable damage due from the rider radiant damage AND Pervasive Light damage?

It seems a question of triggers to me.  Since pervasive light and starborn both trigger when you hit:
Case 1. The Starborn damage and Pervasive Light damage trigger simultaneously, in which case Pervasive Light triggers off any attack that deals no radiant damage BEFORE  adding in Starborn, and you get both the pervasive light and starborn damage.
Case 2. The Pervasive Light damage triggers before Starborn, in which case you get both again.
Case 3. Starborn triggers before pervasive light, in which case you only get one bonus.

edit: check that, starborn triggers off damage, so you WOULD get both bonuses.  So Starborn does not make Pervasive Light obsolete after all.  Of course, attacking with a Radiant Weapon or radiant power WOULD...

Also, note that radiant advantage in the compendium says when you deal radiant damage, not when you hit...any trigger of starborn will perpetuate the cycle.  So all you have to do is deal autodamage of ANY KIND every turn and you will have perpetual ca due to starborn's trigger.

I think I'm going to write up a radiant feyslasher build...