LFR creation guide confusion

4 posts / 0 new
Last post

In the creation guide on page 2 it states that backgrounds from FRPG are not legal for use by players. On page 8 it states that Forgotten Realms backgrounds are legal for use by players and states verify other backgrounds with what's on page 2. So which one is it? Page 2 I can't use them or page 8 I can?Undecided

The front section (pages 1-4) of the CCG are general RPGA rules.  The back section (pages 6-12) are campaign-specific rules for Living Forgotten Realms.  A general rule *can* be trumped by a campaign-specific rule, and that's the case here.  So, yes, you can use backgrounds from the FRPG for an LFR PC.

I wish they hadn't done it this way, it does lead to this kind of confusion.  A lot of players don't realize that the CCG is *not* just the LFR rules.
"Of course [Richard] has a knife. He always has a knife. We all have knives. It's 1183, and we're barbarians!" - Eleanor of Aquitaine, "The Lion in Winter"
We plan to seperate the next CCG into seperate documents to avoid this problem in the future. There will be one document with general rules (aka... don't be a cheater, don't be a jerk at the table, etc...) and one for LFR (aka this is what you can do with your LFR PC).
That's good to hear, Skerrit.  Thanks for sharing!
"Of course [Richard] has a knife. He always has a knife. We all have knives. It's 1183, and we're barbarians!" - Eleanor of Aquitaine, "The Lion in Winter"