Elves! and PTQ testing

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
I'd been playing Elves since I saw a list that day 2'd PT:Austin, doing pretty good in testing, though I kind of steered away from it after playing with Scapeshift since I felt it was the premier combo deck. Long story short, after some more testing, and seeing a slight resurgence of Elves in extended lately I've decided to run it to a PTQ, but I need some testing.

Anyone who is playing many of the played archetypes, and/or knows how to play others, post in this thread or toss me a pm for some PTQ testing. I could play Elves and various other decks, so hopefully we could set up a network in this thread where we all post our testing results, and all help each other test more quickly by always have a partner.

The list I was planning on running was:

Lands
    5 [GUR] Forest
    4 [ZEN] Misty Rainforest
    1 [LG] Pendelhaven
    4 [IA] Snow-Covered Forest
    1 [GP] Stomping Ground
    4 [ZEN] Verdant Catacombs
// Creatures
    4 [WWK] Arbor Elf
    1 [CS] Boreal Druid
    4 [M10] Elvish Archdruid
    4 [ALA] Elvish Visionary
    4 [MOR] Heritage Druid
    2 [WWK] Joraga Warcaller
    4 [b] Llanowar Elves
    4 [EVE] Nettle Sentinel
    1 [EVE] Regal Force
    1 [DS] Viridian Zealot
// Spells
    4 [CHK] Glimpse of Nature
    2 [LRW] Primal Command
    4 [FUT] Summoner's Pact
    2 [ON] Weird Harvest
// Sideboard
SB: 2 [LRW] Primal Command
SB: 2 [TSP] Ancient Grudge
SB: 4 [9E] Blood Moon
SB: 2 [FUT] Magus of the Moon
SB: 0-1 [ALA] Mycoloth
SB: 2-3 [BOK] Umezawa's Jitte
SB: 2 [MR] Viridian Shaman

I've been thinking of going
+3 Cloudstone Curio
+1 Essence Warden
-1 Joraga/Whatever
-1 Viridian Zealot
-2 Weird Harvest

Since Cloudstone is pretty nuts, letting you combo off from positions you usually coudn't, and allowing you to not overcommit; like playing a bunch of Elves to Weird Harvest, not being able to win that turn, and getting Wrathed the next. Still, Zealot is pretty good against Thopter, and Weird Harvest is good in general. It simply needs testing.

My PTQ is on the 27th of Feb, so cmon! I gotta be done testing by like the 23rd.
You definitely need curio.  It allows you to go infinite and, as you said, combo when you shouldn't be able to.
Sign In to post comments