1/29/2010 TWTW: "Worldwake-Up Call"

5 posts / 0 new
Last post

This thread is for discussion of this week's The Week That Was, which goes live Friday morning on magicthegathering.com.

Where's your editor gone?
"can be a daunting task for anyone, do before I headed off"
"very best players to every wield a 40-card deck"
"every but as good as advertised"
Yech.

Apart from the awful editing, this was a good fun read. Kinda assumes you've read the whole unofficial spoiler, but hey, most of us have. I'm really looking forward to playing with Sejiri Merfolk. Somewhat startled to hear MT claim that Razor Boomerang is good - I mean, really? Compared to Viridian Longbow?

But my favourite bit of all was the tale of the fight with an Abyssal Persecutor
"All the Zendikons are pretty competitively priced for Limited," Turian continued. "While I don't think that this format is as fast as Zendikar alone, you need to think about these guys while you are playing because you can just win with them out of nowhere.

maybe i'm wrong, but i don't think the white one can win out of nowhere. unless you're secretly reprinting wakestone gargoyle in this set.

"Razor Boomerang is great for picking off all those little annoying guys that are running around from Zendikar—Plated Geopede and Steppe Lynx.

no mike, razor boomerang isn't great for anything. there is nothing great about taking out one of those creatures out on turn 5 or later for 5 mana. maybe the phrase you were searching for is "mediocre and depressing but usable in a mindless null kind of way if your pool is woefully light on removal."
Where's your editor gone?
"can be a daunting task for anyone, do before I headed off"
"very best players to every wield a 40-card deck"
"every but as good as advertised"
Yech.

Apart from the awful editing, this was a good fun read. Kinda assumes you've read the whole unofficial spoiler, but hey, most of us have. I'm really looking forward to playing with Sejiri Merfolk. Somewhat startled to hear MT claim that Razor Boomerang is good - I mean, really? Compared to Viridian Longbow?

But my favourite bit of all was the tale of the fight with an Abyssal Persecutor

The editing bothered too (though I find that's often the case on this site).
The editing bothered too

lol.
Sign In to post comments