greatsword_rogue's Customs (customs, hand-sculpts, repaints, and a bit of terrain)

I've gotten some new stuff done and got a new camera so I decided to start a new thread that would also include my 3d terrain. I'll throw in some of the best from the old thread, too.
So without further ado, here are a few of them:

100_2868.jpg
I repainted my Zayne to make him look, well, more like Zayne. Went over the pant legs and hair with dark brown, mixed together a dark green-blue for the shoulder-coat-thing, painted on the armor plate by his shoulder (already sculpted on, they just didn't paint it), did a bit of detail work and glossed his boots and vambraces. Very pleased with how it turned out.

100_2873.jpg
My first all-sculpted Hutt. All my sculpted projects are made with Sculpey, and then painted afterwords. He's a biiiiig hutt. The camo is because he swindles naive little Ewoks on Endor.

100_2874.jpg
My second Hutt... Grubba da Hutt! Gave him a little platform and a more traditional paint job. Very pleased with how he turned out.

100_2875.jpg
My third and final Hutt, the hutt acountant. (What can I say, hutts are good beginner projects. You don't have to worry about clothing or making them pretty, and they're practical.)

100_2882.jpg
And here's the most popular from my old thread, the Wookiee Jedi! If there's any interest in stats for any of these guys let me know and I'll whip up some.
More to come soon!

Nice paint job on Zayne. He now looks much better than the original paint job.
I like the different approach to giving the various Hutts more personalities, and exhibiting that in the sculpts and paint jobs.
Thanks for the comment! Yeah, I've found that I want to use Zayne more now that he has the new paint job.

Alright, here are a few more:

100_2876.jpg
100_2877.jpg
Here's two shots of my repainted Mercenary Commander. One of my first SW minis I used dry-brushing techniques on, on the hair and the jacket, and I think he turned out really well.

100_2878.jpg
A Czerka Sc. I repainted into a plain old civilian for RPG purposes. This one and the following one were inspired by Forumwar's KotOR stuff.

100_2887.jpg
A basic thug. the gun hand came off a OR Comm. that you'll see later.

100_2879.jpg
And finally for this post, a Gotal Merc. repaint. I felt like doing something, and I had two of these guys to go with my Merc. Comm., so now I can tell them apart.
Wow, some great work here! Laughing
Simple, yet brilliant repaints of existing minis that make them much more playable.
Great sculpts for your first attempts at green stuff/ sculpey - ing. (Much grander than my own, i got so mad with my early attempts i destroyed and cannabalised them! To make new customs of course Laughing
Keep up the good work and i hope to see more stuff from you in the future,
Kobayashimaru
Great stuff, love the new paint jobs.

Kudos on the Hutts!

I refuse to pay the silly price for them online, and my players are in the middle of a hutt war.  I tried to sculpt a few, and have to say I had some mixed results....thank you for posting yours!
Sculpting is much harder than it seems.

DPak
Actor, Gamer, Comic, Corporate Nerd
www.MotleyPlayersIII.com

Thanks for the kind words, guys!

100_2880.jpg
100_2881.jpg
I pulled an HK-50 and always liked HK-47, so i slapped some paint on him, then wheathered him a bit with fine sandpaper a bit later for that KotOR II look. (It turns out the original color matches what the paintless bits should be in the game.)

100_2883.jpg
100_2884.jpg
Here's some new pictures of another of my older customs, my RPG character going through Dawn of Defiance.

I should have some of my 3d terrain up next time.
Here are some more.

100_2886.jpg
An OR Commander with new hair and an OR Captain's gun.

100_2888.jpg
Now the circle of hands is complete with this OR Captain. They often use vibroblades in KotOR and KotOR II, so I gave him one.

DESK2.jpg
One of my 3d terrain displays. I don't have any bases right now, so it's pretty much display only.

More to come!
Alright, here are a few more. As always, comments are appreciated!

100_2889.jpg
The useless Clone Trooper with Night Vision becomes a Clone Trooper Artillery Coorninator!

100_2890.jpg
My Clone Elite Commander.

100_2891.jpg
100_2892.jpg
A Dark Jedi I was going to use for the RPG. Pretty simple, through a saber on, painted the leggings red and the breastplate, boots and right-arm gauntlet got some silver.
The Dark Jedi looks like she could be Tavion...
great work, i like this batch. nice, clean cuts and colors. Laughing
Kobayashimaru
AWESOME! Laughing
I especially like your clones, and that genoharadan mod. I knew he'd come in handy one day!
Keep up the good work!
Very Impressive!
@kobayashimaru: I suppose it could be Tavion, with her hair down. And thanks for the kind words, kobaya, Vanri and ScreamingEagle.

100_2893.jpg100_2894.jpg
A mod I did using a Human Scoundrel and the hand of a Imperial Pilot. I know the left arm looks a little akward, but I checked and it is physically possible.

PrettiedEdited.jpg100_2901.jpg100_2910.jpg100_2920.jpg100_2922.jpg
Here's a diorama I threw together using my scant 3d terrain materials and the only available flat surface: my desk. If there's some customs there you don't recognize, it's because the pictures are still on my camera, I'll be posting them soon.
Okay, here are a couple Jedi of mine:

100_2981.jpg
I fixed Nelvaanakin's arm so he's  more 'ready for battle' and less 'ooh, shiny'. I think it also helped to make the huge gap at the shoulder a little less noticable. Also, fixed his hair so he isn't a redhead any more.

100_2983.jpg
Repainted/saber swapped an Emperor's Hand to turn him into a post-Order 66 Jedi I'm running in a Saga Campaign. I'm very happy with the way this one turned out.
Im liking this latest offering! Laughing
Very nice, cleanly made mods!
I think you should be applauded for the nelvannikin mod! That mini deserves it, such a nice sculpt, such terrible positioning/paintjob. youve fixed it expertly.

I think i like the post order 66 jedi moreso, simply because it is a simple and effective mod. the color scheme is fantastic.

i look forward to you works in the future,

Kobayashimaru
Thanks Kobayashimaru, I think the post Order 66 Jedi is one of my favorites I've kicked out.

Now, here are a couple more:

100_2984.jpg
100_2986.jpg
I've had Ahsoka for a while and she has pretty good stats, I thoroughly despise the character, no less so now that the Clone Wars is defying all sorts of canon. So I repainted her and gave her a new lightsaber blade.

100_2992.jpg
I was planning on using this custom as another PC of mine, but that fell through and she was replaced by someone much nicer, although without a mini. Still, at least I managed to rid myself of the logic-defying light blue and yellow, and that's worth something.

Here's one more:

100_2978.jpg
100_2980.jpg
It happened something like this: I was bored, wanted to do a custom, and hey! I had this P B Thug lying around I like to use as 4-pt. filler, and since I wanted to make him unique, I took this muun head I had lying around and did a little swap and repaint. Quite pleased with how he turned out, both in the color job and the tilt of the head.

That's one muscled Muun, that is! Wink
I like him, and the others too, but I have a question: you swapped Ahsoka's green lightsaber for a blue one, but in the clone wars, she actually has a green one, right? So why the swap?
I'm looking forward to more of your awesome customs!
I gave Ahsoka a blue saber because she isn't Ahsoka anymore. Now she's some generic togruta padawan. I find Ahsoka as a character detestable, but the stats aren't bad. (And her saber ended up coming in handy for the post Order 66 Jedi.)
i gotta agree with you the new cartoon is really messing up story lines
Indeed it is. It's gotten to the point that on Wookieepedia whenever you look at an article with Clone Wars information in it, there's a little banner on the front basically saying: We don't know if this is canon or not, and if it is, there's another chunk of this article that won't be.

Anyhow, moving on to another custom:

100_2989.jpg
My repaint of a Rebel Leader. This one as well was intended for an RPG campaign that fell through.
What is so wrong with that?  A totally predictable story line would not be interesting.
Pax Pro Eo Optimus Arma Teabeeyea

PMed you back. Don't want my thread to become a hotbed of debate.

Just got around to taking pictures of a few I made a couple of weeks ago, here's the first:

100_3011.jpg
A REAL Bothan Spy. I was thinking of repainting him, but then decided against it, what do you think?

Here's one I made in the same day as the Bothan:

100_3012.jpg100_3013.jpg
A Hapan Royal Guard. Based off the picture from GaW.

HapanRoyalGuard.png
Here's the card I through together for her. I didn't include Bodyguard, because I figured any of the Queen Mothers would give BG, but Draw Fire is in there, plus stuff to reflect the fact that they had to diffuse potential threats as well.

Hope you like them!
Great stuff!

Learning myself just how slow and difficult customizing these itty bitty minis can be, lol. Really makes you appreciate everyone elses work!
Indeed it does, Neifi, indeed it does.

Here are some stats I made up as part of a custom set a while back, none of them ever got posted, and I'm too lazy to try and hunt down card art, so here you go:

Elite Old Republic Trooper
Old Republic
Cost:13

Hp:30
Def:14
Atk:+8
Dam:20

Spc.
Advantageous Cover

Old Republic Recon Commando
Old Republic
Cost:15

Def:16
Atk:+6

Spc.
Careful Shot +4
Grenades 10
Recon
Stealth

Jedi Master
Old Republic
Cost:21

Hp:60
Def:18
Atk:+9

Spc.
Melee Attack
Light Tutor

Force
Force 5
Force Repulse 2
Force Leap
Force Stun
Force Sense

Old Republic Sergeant
Old Republic
Cost:16

Hp:50
Atk:+10

Spc.
Melee Attack
Cleave
Parry

Cmm.

Old Republic trooper Followers within 6 squares gain Close-Quarters Fighting

(This guy was meant to reflect the commander types in KotOR I & II that used vibroblades.

Let me know what you think. If these guys get a good reception, I'll probably throw some more out. Goodness knows I have lots.
Here are more of my miscellaneous customs, sorted by faction:

Slyysk
Fringe
Cost:9

Hp:40
Atk:+3
Dam:10

Spc.
Unique
Trandoshan
Draw Fire
Regeneration 10
Rapport (-1 with Gryph)

Tusken Raider Stalker
Fringe

Def:17
Atk:+5

Spc:
Cleave
Sniper
Cloaked
Squad Defense

Tusken Raider Chieftan
Fringe
Cost:19

Atk:+10

Spc.
Mighty Swing
Stealth
Cunning Attack +20

Cmm.

Tusken Raider followers gain Cunning Attack

Villmarh Grahrk
Fringe
Cost:21

Atk:+9

Spc.
Unique
Pilot
Karmic Luck
Bounty Hunter +2
Opportunist
Avoid Defeat

Khaleen
Fringe
Cost:10

Def:15
Atk:+2

Spc.
Unique
Careful Shot +4
Grenades 20
Loner
Synergy (+4 Attack if a character whose name contains Quinlan is within 6 squares.)

Comments are welcome, and more stats to come.

Some more Fringe characters:

Chief Chirpa
Fringe
Cost:14

Def:14

Spc.
Unique
Ewok
Melee Atk.
Swarm +1

Cmm.
Ewok allies gain Squad Assualt and Squad Defense

Ewok Skirmisher
Fringe

Hp:20
Def:13

Spc.
Melee Atk.
Stealth
Swarm +1
Advantageous Attack
Net Gun 11

Ewok Scavenger
Fringe

Hp:20

Spc.
Melee Atk.
Swarm +1
Blaster 20
Grenades 10

Ewok Slinger
Fringe
Cost:5

Hp:10
Def:13
Atk:+2

Spc.
Swarm +1
Flanking Support

Trandoshan Slaver
Fringe
Cost:13

Spc.
Wookiee Hunter
Net Gun 11
Regen. 10
Double Claw
Rend +10

Here's a piece of terrain I constructed several months ago, but hadn't got around to putting up.

100_3019.jpg
As barbaric as it may sound, I basically sawed apart a series of sticks into roughly equal logs, then glued them together. The canopy is a sheet of plastic with a tissue draped across it, the tissue was brushed with diluted glue several times. In this picture it is hiding in a potted plant.
That is very cool! Now just get some Ewoks running about and you're all set!
My Blog: http://botwt.wordpress.com/
Here is some not completely new, but unposted stuff.

First, a Jedi Apprentice I made not too long back, to go with the stats I'd made previously. You may have seen the latter part before, but I'll throw them up again, just in case, and so they'll be in context.

100_3173.jpg

Jedi Apprentice
Old Republic

Spc.
Melee Attack
Affinity (Republic)
Rolling Cleave
Synergy (+4/+4 when w/in 6 squares of an ally with a Force Rating whose name contains 'Master')

Now, on a foray from Star Wars stuff:

100_3174.jpg
100_3175.jpg
A HeroClix custom I made of my D20 Modern character a while back. Never did get around to painting out the base...

100_3177.jpg
100_3183.jpg
A couple home designed and printed paper terrain for HeroClix. The lower model, the bottom floor of a bar, features a plastic window.

Some more home-made 3d terrain, this time more nature-themed.

This was my third attempt, and the first to feature trees and leaves while not snapping in half. Designed for use as a display base for a single or small group of miniatures.

This was my fourth, and as you can see is a bit larger. Still too small for gameplay, but can house a larger number of figures.

If no one comments, I will cry. (And a thank-you to botwt for his post.)
The HeroClix minis are a good addition. I've taken some and put them on smaller bases to use in my Star Wars games.
Sign In to post comments