Githyanki Elemental Warlock PEACH

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
This basically came about as a result of me going, "You know, the Storm Sovereign's Immortality is pretty cool, but it seems suboptimal," followed by, "I wonder how I could get it to work decently."

As it turns out, I think it works more than decently.

Githyanki Infernal Pact Warlock/Lyrandar Wind-Rider/Storm Sovereign

Initial Ability Scores:
Str 10 Con 18 Dex 13 Int 18 Wis 8 Cha 11

Final Ability Scores:
Str 12 Con 28 Dex 15 Int 26 Wis 10 Cha 13

Feats:
Arcane Implement Proficiency (Light Blades)
Mark of Storm
Daughter's Promises
Implement Expertise (Light Blades)
Raging Storm
Dual Implement Spellcaster
Double Curse
Relentless Curse
Beseech Patron
Prisoner's Resolve
[two more Paragon feats]
Irresistible Flame
Quickened Spellcasting
Trusted Spellcasting
[three more Epic feats]

He would wield a Lightning Dagger with a Siberys Shard of the Mage as one of his implements, thereby granting his attacks the Lightning keyword, and a Rod of Reaving with an Eberron Shard of Lightning for the other. The end result is a fairly good amount amount of damage.

At level 30, you'll have a DPR of (.35 * 0) + (.6 * 111.5) + (.05 * 149) + 6= 80.35 with Hellish Rebuke, if you take damage during the round and you laid your Warlock's Curse on them that round. That's before you add in your 15 DPR, range 5 aura, the fact that you can toss Hellish Rebuke out as a Minor action once per encounter, or his 20-damage fire bursts whenever he kills an enemy he's cursed.
Huh. I just realized this build is capable of theoretically limitless single-target DPR, because a Warlock's Curse doesn't have a maximum range.

Requirements:
1 enemy
1 featureless, infinite corridor
an infinite number of Minions, spaced 2 squares apart horizontally, and 1 square apart vertically (alternating rows)

You curse the singular enemy. Then you curse a minion. The minion takes damage due to the Rod of Reaving, and dies. It then explodes, and deals 20 thunder damage to everyone within 1 square. The enemy takes this damage, and then gets diagonally shifted next to another minion. Rinse and repeat, as he bounces all the way down the corridor. 
After the errata, Rod of Reaving does not affect minions.

Property: When you place your Warlock’s Curse on a nonminion target, the creature takes 1 damage.
After the errata, Rod of Reaving does not affect minions.

Property: When you place your Warlock’s Curse on a nonminion target, the creature takes 1 damage.

Ah. Well, it would still work if you can use the Free Action curse before you activate the Pact Boon.
FWIW, an infinite damage combo that can never happen is kinda pointless. Unless you can posit an actual situation with an infinite number of appropriately spaced minions I fail to see the point.
Sign In to post comments