Sometimes you gotta go...

37 posts / 0 new
Last post
... where everybody knows your name. Aaaaand their always glad you caaaaaaaaame.

---

Seriously though, kudos for the Otter's. This place is one of those few I've found where a dood can just kick back, chill and enjoy the company of some like-minded individuals and discuss just about anything and everything in-between. It's been a while since I've managed to just enjoy a forum board without some wacko coming in and ruining everything, props!

Also, this helps me kill time while I work on my online courses. Sometimes the distractions help ease the headaches.

Just don't try too hard to be somebody, or you'll find out you should have been more specific. ;)
Just don't try to hard to be somebody, or you'll find out you should have been more specific. ;)

I first read that as "Don't try to be too hard on somebody."

...That's what she said.

Resident Crazy Chick. You don't like it, leave.
I do what I can.
Benevolent God of Death "No one told you when to run."
Like minded individuals!?

You have to be very careful here not to hurt someones feelings.
And since someone is always looking for a way to get their feelings hurt, well... you know the rest.
Or, if you can be very clever, a little elitist, and covert, you can get away with just about anything.

See, I was like you once.
I thought one could come here and talk about "anything and everything" with others (friendship not required), and speak what you really think and how you feel, free in the knowledge that others will do the same... and that is a good thing, even if people don't agree.

But alas... it is not to be!
I couldn't tell you how many times I've had rides on the banned wagon just because I spoke how I feel and somebody was "insulted".
I used to be sickened, but now I am merely amused.

But hey!
Good luck!
Cool
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse."- John Stuart Mill “Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”― William F. Buckley "The straw in your man is amazing."- Maxperson Original Hipster of the House of Trolls: I was hipster before hipster was cool Resident Hater Mini Hate Machine
Or, if you can be very clever, a little elitist, and covert, you can get away with just about anything.

You talkin' 'bout me?  'cause I think I'm insulted.  "a little elitist"?  C'mon, I'm the friggin resident ivory tower elitist!  There's nothin "little" 'bout that!

Resident Over-Educated Ivory-Tower Elitist [You don't have the Need-to-Know for that, citizen]

You talkin' 'bout me?  'cause I think I'm insulted.  "a little elitist"?  C'mon, I'm the friggin resident ivory tower elitist!  There's nothin "little" 'bout that!

No EE, I wasn't talking about you.Smile

However, since I mentioned "elitist", I should have refrenced you, since you are, indeed, "the friggin resident ivory tower elitist!"
And I should have given you your due.
Tongue out
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse."- John Stuart Mill “Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”― William F. Buckley "The straw in your man is amazing."- Maxperson Original Hipster of the House of Trolls: I was hipster before hipster was cool Resident Hater Mini Hate Machine

No EE, I wasn't talking about you.

However, since I mentioned "elitist", I should have refrenced you, since you are, indeed, "the friggin resident ivory tower elitist!"
And I should have given you your due.

The OTT Tavern: Bringing Together Gays and Conservatives since '09!

I found this funny
Accidently typed "on" instead of "in". Scandalous!
Resident Piggles Zombie piggy is eatin' your sigs om nom nom (>*o*)>
MTG Card
Front: PigKnight, One Line Poster (3W) Legendary Creature - Boar Knight Vigilance When this creature dies, return him to play and transform him. (2/3) >(5/3)< Back: (Black)ZombiePiggles, Eater of Tomato Sauce Legendary Creature - Boar Knight Zombie Trample, Intimidate B: Regenerate this creature. When this creature is the target of a white spell, transform this creature. (5/3)

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/15.jpg)

Also gotta chime iwn with my "bwah?!" regarding the "like minded individuals" thing. Even people who declare themselves liberal are (mostly) not nearly so far left as I am. I feel very far left compared with most people here.

Mostly I'm tired of arguing about it, so I just ignore the stuff that makes me want to argue. Though obviously, not all the time.
Resident jark. Resident Minister of Education and Misinformation.
Obviously. ;)
This place is one of those few I've found where a dood can just kick back, chill and enjoy the company of some like-minded individuals

There is no reason to start slinging around insults like that.

Resident Grouch and Corrupting Influence A Monster Appears I'm Black and Blue how 'bout you?

This place is one of those few I've found where a dood can just kick back, chill and enjoy the company of some like-minded individuals

There is no reason to start slinging around insults like that.

Ahhhhh...
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
We're "like-minded" in the sense that we wonder how many times it takes Hater to get banned and how many licks it takes to get to the tootsie roll centre of the tootsie pop.
MTG Card
Front: PigKnight, One Line Poster (3W) Legendary Creature - Boar Knight Vigilance When this creature dies, return him to play and transform him. (2/3) >(5/3)< Back: (Black)ZombiePiggles, Eater of Tomato Sauce Legendary Creature - Boar Knight Zombie Trample, Intimidate B: Regenerate this creature. When this creature is the target of a white spell, transform this creature. (5/3)

This is the only forum where I've never felt the urge to post a regular's address on 4chan, so as far as teh Interwebz is concerned, I think we're like-minded enough.
Things without all remedy should be without regard. - Shakespeare, Macbeth Resident Evil Madman by popular acclaim.
I like the people here more than I do the folks at other forums
www.youtube.com/user/TheBoj0 Watch me battle pogeymanz So according to all those online things, I'm an Artifact, lv 2 Zombie with stats of 3.14, googleplex, and purple, and my personality type is LMNO. Also, I am always the comic relief character of that stupid anime you like. That sounds pretty close...
[...] and how many licks it takes to get to the tootsie roll centre of the tootsie pop.

Three.
Resident Over-Educated Ivory-Tower Elitist [You don't have the Need-to-Know for that, citizen]

Actually, the "like-minded" part comes from our appreciation of role-playing games, D&D, SAGA, M:tG, whatever. I never said anything about you'se all being politically-/philological-minded individuals as a whole.

Like myself? I would include Escher but he is in no way covert.

I vote you put that in your sig for all the insignificant masses to see.

Also I think you all proved Lhockee's point.
Et in arcadia ego~Even in paradise I am here Est Sularus Oth Mithas~My Honor Is My Life You, sir, are a liar. Or delusional. I like your style.- Zombie_Babies
Show
The two editions are very different...and make for two different games. In general, 3.0/3.5 is built around more-or-less full freedom in terms of character customization. In contrast, 4.0 is built around balance and ease of play. Honestly, I think WotC should have maintained both lines as parallel games.
(real life friends came up with this not me) The Resident Nonexistant Antichrist Neanderthal Amish Werewolf Jesus Delusion.
I vote you put that in your sig for all the insignificant masses to see.

I might get around to putting it back in, but I kinda like my current sig.  Though it'd be better if drew something again, I've had that sketchy satyr there for a while...  need to bump 'em off...

Yeah, I'll have to agree that this is a relatively nice place as far as internet forums go.
It is a nice place to be. Compared to almost any other forum even. You get alot of lattitude in what you are allowed to say really compared to alot of forums I've been on, but everyone for the most part is still good mannered, or at least well meaning to one another.
http://guild.medialoungeca.com/index.php?action=forum The Guild I'm apart of. We're in WOW, STO, Rift and soon Star Wars feel free to register and hang out. http://sparkster11.deviantart.com/ my deviantart Wheelman of the House of Trolls, "I love it when you watch" Carrier of Section 2, 3 and 6 cargo. Resident Driver Stud God of Transportation and Lust.
^ A most excellent observation Micha.
We at least mean well as we stab you. ;)

Were I the stabbing type, I wouldn't.  But I'm not the stabbing type, so I suppose that works out.
Now ain't that the truth? Still, an honest stab is better than a backstab. Unless your a Rogue.
Now ain't that the truth? Still, an honest stab is better than a backstab. Unless your a Rogue.

Yeah, yeah, we've heard that one a million times...
Technically, wouldn't that now be a million and one times?
Technically, wouldn't that know be a million and one times?

I was reminded of an old joke about rogues and their way of doing things, that's what I've meant ;P
Suuuuuuuure.

I was stabbing Lhockee? I was told it was the new nonchalant greeting...
Ah don't worry about it, I'm used to be bludgeoned elsewhere. A stab is a nice change of pace to be honest, more direct then a club to the nose.

Surprise Huggles!

<(^o^<)

MTG Card

Ew! Pigstains!

{smack}
Psychic premonition told me this thread was over due for a "small tower" joke. Odd.
Sir Casm, Lord of the Oblivious
Like minded individuals!?

You have to be very careful here not to hurt someones feelings.
And since someone is always looking for a way to get their feelings hurt, well... you know the rest.

See, I was like you once.
I thought one could come here and talk about "anything and everything" with others (friendship not required), and speak what you really think and how you feel, free in the knowledge that others will do the same... and that is a good thing, even if people don't agree.

But alas... it is not to be!
I couldn't tell you how many times I've had rides on the banned wagon just because I spoke how I feel and somebody was "insulted".
I used to be sickened, but now I am merely amused.

But hey!
Good luck!
Cool

Hmm, I've never been banned, and I do not belive I have ever been accused of being 'careful' about other peoples feelings. (Does that make me clever, covert, and or elietist?) Anywho, mabey you should try mixing up your agenda a bit? Variety, eh?
Sir Casm, Lord of the Oblivious
Just don't try to hard to be somebody, or you'll find out you should have been more specific. ;)

I first read that as "Don't try to be too hard on somebody."

...That's what she said.

Ouch!
This thread is still quite Excellent.
Sign In to post comments