New Update and CCG 2.0 Comming Soon

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
Update should be out in the next 24 hours. twitter.com/gregbilsland/statuses/790942... and is supposed to "address a couple things from chapter 9 of the PH" (Which is the Combat chapter - here is hoping it means the Forced Movement things.)

CCG 2.0 should be out soon accoding to this message: twitter.com/christulach/statuses/7918042...
Good finds, but pathetic that we have to rely on Twitter feeds instead of, I dunno, one of the many official LFR communication channels.
Good finds, but pathetic that we have to rely on Twitter feeds instead of, I dunno, one of the many official LFR communication channels.

So you mean the rules updates coming out on the day of the Character builder update the last two months didn't set a good enough precedent? Or that Wolfstar didn't post community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758... a week ago?
John du Bois Living Forgotten Realms Writing Director, Netheril story area Follow me on The Twitter: @JohnduBois Follow my presence on The Intertubes: johncdubois.wordpress.com
The new rule update is out.  It covers teleporting - if teleporting would cause the target to fall or if it's into hindering terrain they get a save.  There's also a clarification to Dominate but no word on forced movement.

Allen.
The update about the CCG was my bad - I kept coming to the forums to post yesterday only to get pulled away by something else.

I've added a note to the end of the CCG 2.0 Suggestions thread (above) as a form of official communication.

You shouldn't *have* to have twitter to get the latest news, but because of its ease of use - links/news/updates will often be found there first. 

Ideally, things will metriculate here from there within a few minutes, but in my case that just didn't work out that way yesterday.

Mea culpa
WolfStar76 Community Advocate (SVCL) for D&D Organized Play, Avalon Hill, and the DCI/WPN LFR Community Manager DDi Guide

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

I just checked the CCG 2.0 Suggestions and the last post was by Wavester on Jan 11th
Hmm. . .

Great. . . .

. . . so where did I post then?  Argh.

I'm too young to be going insane.
WolfStar76 Community Advocate (SVCL) for D&D Organized Play, Avalon Hill, and the DCI/WPN LFR Community Manager DDi Guide

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

. . . so where did I post then?  Argh.

That's what happens when you insist on rolling your internet skill instead of just taking a 10.
So, according to the tweet, the new CCG will be out early next week, but it will not be effective until Feb 1st.  What's up with that?  I assume it's to try to avoid disrupting things at D&D Experience, but I would guess there were a lot of people hoping to take advantage of the new rules at the convention.  Now they're just going to be annoyed.
So, according to the tweet, the new CCG will be out early next week, but it will not be effective until Feb 1st.  What's up with that?  I assume it's to try to avoid disrupting things at D&D Experience, but I would guess there were a lot of people hoping to take advantage of the new rules at the convention.  Now they're just going to be annoyed.

If it represents a new policy, it is a step in the right direction. People should have an amount of time to read the rules and figure out how they ought to be interpreted and what they mean for LFR play before they go live. Otherwise, you end up with situations where the rules come out one day and later that evening (or maybe the next day), one person has the new rules and another didn't even know they were out yet or people read them once and jump to conclusions that they wouldn't jump to if they had a little more time to reflect on them.

Doubtless, there will be someone who is annoyed or disappointed no matter what the PTB do, but I think that having a short window for people to read and understand rules before they go live is a good thing and I hope that it will be their practice in the future as well.
Doubtless, there will be someone who is annoyed or disappointed no matter what the PTB do, but I think that having a short window for people to read and understand rules before they go live is a good thing and I hope that it will be their practice in the future as well.

Amen.

Didn't the last rules update do this?  They published the update in the middle of the month and then it went live at the end of the month.  I thought they did that, anyway.

At any rate, there is nothing stopping you from adopting the new rules early.  It might aggravate some players but if they make things less complicated, more fair, allow more options, etc.  then there can't be any harm in that, right?