General MPR Questions and Textless Spells List

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hey everyone,

First, does anyone have access or know of a website that offers a checklist or even just a list of all the textless spells distributed via the Magic Player Rewards system or any Textless spells?  Also, does anyone know what the x/y Pzz card numbers refer to, or does P simply refer to the current set of the textless spells.  I'm assuming the card number of the set and the year it was distributed as a reward, i.e. P10 refers to 2010.

Second, for the "1 older random textless spell" you receive per 5 games, does anyone know if this "older textless card" can be one of the older premium foil cards?  If not, does anyone know of an alternate way to obtain these through Wizards, or are you simply required to trade and/or buy them?

Third, how long is the cycle for a premium foil?  For example, I assume the foil Lightning Bolt is the premium foil for the P10 set, am I to expect to receive 2 more of these for the year of 2010 when the MP Rewards is calculated again?  Sorry if this sounds obvious, been playing since Shards of Alara but only enrolled in the Rewards program late last year.

Thanks in advance!
First, does anyone have access or know of a website that offers a checklist or even just a list of all the textless spells distributed via the Magic Player Rewards system or any Textless spells?

MagicCards.info is usually good for this kind of thing. Ah! Here we go; a list of all MPR cards. (It includes some of the non-textless ones from before they used textless cards for Player Rewards, but all the textless ones are there.)

Also, does anyone know what the x/y Pzz card numbers refer to, or does P simply refer to the current set of the textless spells.  I'm assuming the card number of the set and the year it was distributed as a reward, i.e. P10 refers to 2010.

I believe you've hit it on the head there, though I'm not certain.

Second, for the "1 older random textless spell" you receive per 5 games, does anyone know if this "older textless card" can be one of the older premium foil cards?  If not, does anyone know of an alternate way to obtain these through Wizards, or are you simply required to trade and/or buy them?

I'm fairly certain it's not possible to get one of the old foils, though that's only based on the fact that I've never gotten one despite getting quite a lot of MPR cards. As far as I know, there is no real way to get the old textless foils from Wizards, so you'll probably have to trade and/or buy them.

Third, how long is the cycle for a premium foil?  For example, I assume the foil Lightning Bolt is the premium foil for the P10 set, am I to expect to receive 2 more of these for the year of 2010 when the MP Rewards is calculated again?  Sorry if this sounds obvious, been playing since Shards of Alara but only enrolled in the Rewards program late last year.

The foil card changes every year. The foil will still be Lightning Bolt until next autumn, whereupon it'll change to something else.

Come join me at No Goblins Allowed

Because frankly, being here depresses me these days.

Sign In to post comments