Chrome Mox

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
When is it right to use Chrome Mox in non-combo-esque decks unlike Storm or AIR?

I'm thinking of using a set in UB Fae.
Deck Critique VCL
Show
Rules Advisor Don't assume I have read any response you might have made directed toward me in a thread or post. The best method to contact me is Private Message as I will always check there upon logging on Please review the Code of Conduct or the Comprehensive Rules when in doubt. Also, please use Google for your easy-to-answer questions. Read this for a bit on game mathematics. This is information on game psychology and the infamous term "scrub." Autocard:
[c]Gifts Ungiven[/c] -> Gifts Ungiven
royk's Tradesroyk's Deck Dump
When is it right to use Chrome Mox in non-combo-esque decks unlike Storm or AIR?

I'm thinking of using a set in UB Fae.

I run fae and I wouldn't dream of using it.  In a semi-control deck like that it can absolutely wreck your CA, plus you have enough cards that you want to play in the early turns, like counters or bitterblossom.
NO ONE EXPECTS THE QUAGSIRE INSURRECTION! My SUPER AWESOME GregtheEgg lightning bolt: http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm284/fengairen2/Scan.png pmppostchandraversion.png
some Fae decks use it, most Dark depths decks use it.

It really depends on wether you need that speed boost, and if you are running thirst for Knowledge.

Running thirst, the disadvantage is generally made up by having instanct speed card draw. and the chance to mana leak/negate against some of the combo decks sprouting up.

I wouldn't use it in a meta defined by fast zoo, burn. you need the cards vs them, because best you can do is 1 for 1 until you land a jitte.
I would only play it in a slow control deck (ie, Tezz).  It lets you play answers earlier against aggro (which is really fast in this format) and gets you to the mid/lategame faster, where you win because your cards are just more powerful.