2009 RPGA reward cards

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
I just asked customer service about the 2009 RPGA reward cards.  Here is what they said:

Question: Do you know when/if the 2009 RPGA cards will be compiled into a PDF?

Answer:  The rewards for rpga was changed in early 2009 and we are no longer doing reward cards.  But I will let the people that do the pdf know that the 2009 RPGA reward cards need to be added to the pdf.

Followup Question:  Are printed version of the 2009 RPGA reward cards not yet in pdf form legal to be printed out and used (not the physical cards given in conventions) at RPGA events.

Answer: Yes any RPGA Reward cards is legal to use printed versions.

----
They didnt say how you can get printed versions, but scanned versions should work.
Did you ask them if they checked with Organized Play before answering? (See the other thread by our VCL).

I suspect they are wrong on that, but only Tulach can clarify.

Follow my blog and Twitter feed with Dark Sun campaign design and DM tips!
Dark Sun's Ashes of Athas Campaign is now available for home play (PM me with your e-mail to order the campaign adventures).

Personal assumption?

I'd hope that we'll have them before DDXP, since that's when the new cards will be launched at DDXP.

That said, I'll add this to this week's report and see if I can't get an answer in the near future. 
WolfStar76 Community Advocate (SVCL) for D&D Organized Play, Avalon Hill, and the DCI/WPN LFR Community Manager DDi Guide

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

The stars aligned and I was able to get in touch with Chris directly today. 

He's working on compiling the Rewards Cards into PDF format even now.  He hopes to release the 2009 PDF yet this week.
WolfStar76 Community Advocate (SVCL) for D&D Organized Play, Avalon Hill, and the DCI/WPN LFR Community Manager DDi Guide

Ok, not to be all forward thinking and such, but... could we get a ruling on what to do the next time there is a Reward Card not in a pdf and someone wants to print it? A new pdf does not invalidate the need for an answer, especially if that new pdf does not include some of the cards (as with the old one).

Presumably, there will be new reward cards earned at the D&DXP delve and kids will want to print/copy the new ones, which will not be in a pdf.

Follow my blog and Twitter feed with Dark Sun campaign design and DM tips!
Dark Sun's Ashes of Athas Campaign is now available for home play (PM me with your e-mail to order the campaign adventures).

I'll ask, and make Chris aware of this thread.

My personal gut feeling (not that it should be taken as any kind of official ruling) is that - unless/until a card is presented in PDF format, its only legal if the original cardboard is available.

(IE - if someone wants a proxy at the table to prevent spill-death, that's okay, as long as the original card can be shown to me as the DM, and then no duplicates unless you have "cardboard" on a 1:1 ratio to match your copies).  I know I won't be running any printed cards until they're in the PDF - but I'm a stickler for these sorts of things.

Any follow up on this?  Kinda sucks such powerful cards will only ever be in the hands of those who went to one of those conventions or paid a boatload of $ for.
Yes.

The latest CCG specifies that cards printed from a WotC-Official PDF are valid for use.  Cards that are only available in "Cardboard" format are only legal if you have the cardboard with you.

So... any update when the next WotC Official posting of cards will be?
Really?

Well, just in case it's a serious question, I would guess roughly January 2011.
So... any update when the next WotC Official posting of cards will be?

The 2009 cards were posted a couple weeks ago, you can find them here: bit.ly/djHar6

In theory, the new cards will be posted in six months.

In practice, we'll see all the 2010 cards in one big roundup in Jan 2011. 

Where on the Wizards sites is the original file located?
Where on the Wizards sites is the original file located?

The link above (while being truncated into a bit.ly short link) pulls from the WotC site, however the files are located here: www.wizards.com/dnd/Event.aspx?x=dnd/4ne...

Sign In to post comments