Wrath of Judgement?

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
SO, I have been toying with the idea of having Wrath of God and Day of Judgement in the same deck. Also include Path to exile of course. I was thinking the only non-destroy/remove cards in the deck would be something like honor of the pure, conquerors pledge and Martial coup (Martial does destroy though so its like both I suppose). I just want some ideas because this is going to be a fun deck but I also want a deck that wins a lot too.
Considering this format is rather control- and combo-oriented, it doesn't seem like a very good idea at all.  Also, why Honor of the Pure in a deck with only a few token producers?  It's just going to be a dead card the majority of the time.
Well, I would play honors early on all the while playing the board wipes holding onto token generators. Of course I usually only play standard so such slow strategies will probably lose in extended. Unfortunately I use what I know in standard and try to use it in extended sometimes.
If you're playing with Gifts, then it might be smart to run one of each, and maybe even EE so you get at least one mass removal spell per package if you need it.
If it were a super-aggro oriented format right now, then running 4xWog, 4xDoJ, 4x Damnation in a w/b control deck would be good.
Real men hold shift. If everyone has their fingers in the pie, then someone is eating fingers.
If it were a super-aggro oriented format right now, then running 4xWog, 4xDoJ, 4x Damnation in a w/b control deck would be good.

Lol, forgot about Damnation : ) But yeah, shall put it on the shelf and wait for aggro decks to come along.

Lol, forgot about Damnation : ) But yeah, shall put it on the shelf and wait for aggro decks to come along.

That's not really gonna happen.  The format has such good control decks and will always have some element of combo.
NO ONE EXPECTS THE QUAGSIRE INSURRECTION! My SUPER AWESOME GregtheEgg lightning bolt: http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm284/fengairen2/Scan.png pmppostchandraversion.png
Aggro is not popular?

Goyf and Knight would like to have a word with you outside.

No, aggro is very popular, but it's not being enough to justify wrath.dec.
NO ONE EXPECTS THE QUAGSIRE INSURRECTION! My SUPER AWESOME GregtheEgg lightning bolt: http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm284/fengairen2/Scan.png pmppostchandraversion.png
Run each with gifts, I've always loved that play.