Worm Harvest?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
I'm really tempted to make a deck based on Worm Harvest. It seems to me that fetchlands would make this work really well, as I could easily get a huge amount of tokens into play, especially with harrow.

Counter-spells seem quite useful, and board sweepers seem manditory. So, I'm thinking G/U, and possibly G/U/W. If anyone has some advise, please let me know.
I'm really tempted to make a deck based on Worm Harvest. It seems to me that fetchlands would make this work really well, as I could easily get a huge amount of tokens into play, especially with harrow.

Counter-spells seem quite useful, and board sweepers seem manditory. So, I'm thinking G/U, and possibly G/U/W. If anyone has some advise, please let me know.

It's not actually that powerful with a deck trying to get it to work with things like harrow, since by turn 5 in this format you can be doing much better things, but it's always been a good 1-of in decks like deathcloud.
Why must you kill my dreams???

I really should mention this is my first extended deck

In all honesty, I realize this isn't going to be one of the better decks, but I mocked up a deck list that I think has about a 5% chance of winning.

Creatures: 7

Kitchen Finks x3
Creakwood Liege x4

Artifact: 3

Chalice of the Void x3

Instants: 13

Rune Snare x4
Voidslime x4
Mana Leak x3
Putrify x2

Sorcery: 11

Worm Harvest x4
Damnation x4
Ponder x3

Land: 26

Ghost Quarter x3
Misty Rainforest x4
Verdant Catacomb x4
Breeding Pool x3
Overgrown Tomb x3
Watery Grave x3
Forest x2
Island x2
Swamp x2

Sideboard

Ravenous Trap x3
Ghost Quarter x1
Pithing Needle x3
Nix x4

I have 4 slots left in my sideboard that need filling
You're never going to need 4 Worm Harvest. Start with 3... and watch yourself drop to 2.

Also, I'm stumbling to look past 3 K-Finks and 4 Creakwood Liege. I understand the intent, but please invert those numbers.

Also, Putrefy is asking to become a 3x please. 

IMAGE(http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g424/syreal94/SIGNichecopy.png)

Fix your Forum Experience here: http://community.wizards.com/forum/new-site-feedback/threads/3925861

Boasts?

2011 States Top 4
Multiple 2013 IQ Top 4/8 Finishes
Designer of Top 8 States finishing MBC decks in 2011, 2010, and 2009 
Standard Forum - Iron Deck Builder Season One Champ

Favorite Quotes

"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance." - Laurence J. Peter 
"It is the province of knowledge to speak, and it is the privilege of wisdom to listen.” - Oliver Wendell Holmes

I'd just logged on to post changes or more less exactly as you advised Niche, thank you!

-1 Worm Harvest
-1 Creakwood Liege

+1 Kitchen Finks
+1 Putrefy

Into the sideboard is going

Turn to mist x3
Putrefy x1
Sign In to post comments