1/5/2010 LI: "Making the Rest of your Deck Better"

3 posts / 0 new
Last post

This thread is for discussion of this week's Limited Information, which goes live Tuesday morning on magicthegathering.com.

Triple Z is one of the worst draft formats I can remember. A format that is so fast that if you stumble a little bit you are going to lose doesn't make a lot of sense, to me at least.
While the main element of theory exposed in this article, "you need an early game", is something fairly basic that all experienced drafters know, it doesn't hurt to outline it once in while, especially when the current draft format has speed as one of its main characteristics. Even though I've been drafting on a regular basis for 7 years, there still was one point useful to me in the article : that picking early drops early in the draft wightens your options. One should not only try to mana curve during a game, but also to mana curve during the draft (while still prioritizing bombs and removal, of course). I've just never seen it that way before.
Magic The Gathering DCI Lvl 1 Judge Don't hesitate to post rules question in the Rules Q&A forum for me and other competent advisors to answer : http://community.wizards.com/go/forum/view/75842/134778/Rules_Q38A