Hi friends.

11 posts / 0 new
Last post

I'm TheMilkman. Nice to meet you all.

Mostly, I play very casually, not even owning a full deck, but playing on the internet from time to time. But I've finally found a deck that, with testing has given me some great outcomes. You don't need to know what it does, but what you do need to know is it's in Naya colors, but isn't a Zoo deck, it's not exactly Tier 1/1.5 and it plays as an Aggro/Combo deck.

What I'm looking for is a good, solid, 15-card sideboard that can combat most of the threats in today's MtG Extended that keeps with my colors. Don't worry yourself with synergy with my deck, I'll deal with that. Just throw up some ideas.

Knowing your maindeck would help (what will each deck try to do to stop you, how many cards will you be taking out in each matchup, etc.), but I'll give it a shot. 

3 Relic of Progenitus (Tormod's Crypt if you are also graveyard-based)
3 Ancient Grudge
3 Firespout (or will this hurt your own creatures too much?)
3 Gaddock Teeg (assuming it doesn't stop your combo)
3 Oblivion Ring (not sure about this; just a placeholder until I know more about your deck)
Okay, so it's not just one combo, but several mini-combos.

The big BIG card is Promise of Bunrei. So I fill up my deck with cards that kill themselves or like it when they die. I make it a 4 for 1. Then, I work on building up my mana and creatures through lands and recurring Promise(Eternal Witness with Saffi Eriksdotter as an assistant to my dying creatures) and drop Titanic Ultimatum for the win.

A bit complex to play, but it's fun and if I could make it work, I'd be happy,
So you're probably not going to want Teeg or Firespout in the board, then.  Hmm...

Are you playing Path to Exile and Lightning Bolt maindeck?  If not, one of them could go in the sideboard for the aggro matchup.

Losing Teeg from the board is tough.  He's amazing.  Exactly how important is Titanic Ultimatum to the deck?  Could you side it out for Teeg in the Tezz and Scapeshift matchups?
Well, it turns my 1/1s into 6/6s that basically win me the game. If I don't win the game on that swing, I've gained at least 24 life and that puts me in a better condition.
So at popular request(1 person, woo), I give you the newly tweaked mydeck.dek, retweaked for Extended.

// Lands
    3 [ZEN] Emeria, the Sky Ruin
    1 [ZEN] Scalding Tarn
    4 [ALA] Jungle Shrine
    4 [ZEN] Arid Mesa
    4 [GP] Stomping Ground
    4 [RAV] Temple Garden
    4 [RAV] Sacred Foundry

// Creatures
    4 [SHM] Kitchen Finks
    4 [BOK] Kami of False Hope
    4 [CS] Martyr of Sands
    4 [FNM] Mogg Fanatic
    4 [FD] Eternal Witness

// Spells
    4 [CFX] Path to Exile
    4 [SOK] Promise of Bunrei
    4 [MOR] Idyllic Tutor
    4 [ALA] Titanic Ultimatum

The land base is a test. I don't know how well the whole Emeria thing would work considering 7 lands is what it's looking for and 7 lands is what starts Emeria.

The open cards are Kitchen Finks, Kami of False Hope and maybe Path. I'll have to test the deck without Titanic to see how it turns out. I could just make a token flood. :D
So at popular request(1 person, woo), I give you the newly tweaked mydeck.dek, retweaked for Extended.

// Lands
    1 [ZEN] Scalding Tarn
    4 [ALA] Jungle Shrine
    4 [ZEN] Arid Mesa
    4 [GP] Stomping Ground
    4 [RAV] Temple Garden
    4 [RAV] Sacred Foundry

// Creatures
    4 [SHM] Kitchen Finks
    4 [CS] Martyr of Sands
    4 [FNM] Mogg Fanatic
    4 [FD] Eternal Witness

// Spells
    4 [CFX] Path to Exile
    4 [MOR] Idyllic Tutor

The land base is a test. I don't know how well the whole Emeria thing would work considering 7 lands is what it's looking for and 7 lands is what starts Emeria.

The open cards are Kitchen Finks, Kami of False Hope and maybe Path. I'll have to test the deck without Titanic to see how it turns out. I could just make a token flood. :D

Emeria will never, ever work in this deck.  Also, I feel like you are too reliant on bunrei, your creature base will rarely get there if you don't have it.
Okay, just seeing about Emeria.

And that's why I tutor for it or attempt to slow the game until I get it. I've never really had a problem getting it.

// Lands
    1 [ZEN] Scalding Tarn
    4 [ALA] Jungle Shrine
    4 [ZEN] Arid Mesa
    4 [GP] Stomping Ground
    4 [RAV] Temple Garden
    4 [RAV] Sacred Foundry

// Creatures
    4 [SHM] Kitchen Finks
    4 [CS] Martyr of Sands
    4 [FNM] Mogg Fanatic
    4 [FD] Eternal Witness

// Spells
    4 [CFX] Path to Exile
    4 [MOR] Idyllic Tutor

Are you interested in critique on the maindeck, or still just the sideboard?

From my proposed sideboard, cut Firespout for Lightning Bolt but keep Teeg in.  You'll be siding out Ultimatum against Tezz and Scapeshift, anyways.

Critique on the main deck as well; I can take it.

Just don't stress my reliance on Promise, I understand, if it seems to be TOO much of a problem I'll work around it.
I could see emeria as a singleton getting there sometimes

during Kami/Rav standard, there was a deck that used promise of bunrei that was pretty popular, called ghost husk.

It abused token generation with nantuko husk and ghost council of orzhova

also, anything like glorious anthem[c] and [c]honor of the pure would be good replacements for the ultimatum.