An Artificer's Hand Cannon

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
In a group I DM, the Artificer intends to use www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/shrinkitem.htm" title="www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/shrinkitem.htm">shrink item on cannonballs combined with launch item (Spell Compendium 131) to make a hand cannon, a gun that shoots cannonballs.

I'm unsure of the stats, but he proposes the cannonball stats from www.swashbucklingadv.com/rules/rk_swashb..." title="www.swashbucklingadv.com/rules/rk_swashb...">here.  Shrink item reduces the weight to about 5% of a pound, or negligible.

I feel like the critical should lessen to 20x3.  The range is Medium (100' + 10'/level) because of launch item and my Artificer will probably pay to upgrade the caster level at every opportunity.

How much should this cost?  Here be my estimates.

-Continuous shrink item: 15,000 = 2000 * caster level 5 * spell level 3 * 0.5 for day/level duration

-Launch item at will: 1350 = 1800 * caster level 1 * spell level 1/2 * 1.5 for multiple effects

-Masterwork Exotic Weapon: 600

-+1 Effect: 3000 = 2000 (+1) * 1.5 for multiple effects

TOTAL: 19,950
Should use same stats as the gun in DMG.
Show

IMAGE(http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblack.jpg)Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

I am Blue/Black
I am Blue/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both selfish and rational. I'm scheming, secretive and manipulative; I use knowledge as a tool for personal gain, and in turn obtaining more knowledge. At best, I am mysterious and stealthy; at worst, I am distrustful and opportunistic.
Adopt one today! Adopt one today! Adopt one today!
Sign In to post comments