MBC retur?

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
hi!
(this is my 1st post, so don't killing me...)

just 1 question:
what u think about this?

//23 lands

19 swamp
4 Blinkmoth Nexus

//14 creatures

4 korlash, heir to blackblade
4 vampire nighthawk
3 augur of skulls
3 gatekeeper of malakir

//24 other

4 duress
4 damnation
4 tendrils of corruption
3 unmake
3 phyrexian arena
3 stupor
3 umezawa's jitte

tot 61

//sideboard

4 doom blade
4 infest
3 relic of progenitus
3 cranial extraction
1 unmake
Hey, this post actually belongs in the deck help section, but it's your first post, so whatever.  I would say that for a MBC it looks good, but MBC is particularly good in extended in general.  So if you're set on playing a MBC deck I can't help you much because I don't know about the archetype and it looks pretty solid.  However, my best advice would be to just drop MBC.  Obviously if you're not playing uber-seriously then go ahead and play it for fun.
sry, where is deck help section? lol

and why u think MBC can't exist seriously in extended?
All my friends repeat it me all day! that monoB don't have ..."dr4sdgryt(event,"Ox")">enchantments removals, artifacts removals ecc ecc... ok that's right but i think a good deck have to do his strategy, dot!

actual metagame is full of creatures, and black is the anti-christ of creatures! not?

what u think more about? ...

The fact is that by playing only black, you're losing out on the control spells in white and blue and replacing them with subpar spells in black, causing your deck to be less competitve on the whole. On top of that, control is already having a hard time getting its foot in this season because of how fast the aggro meta game is.

What is the average mana cost of your deck? What cards do you want to see in your hand turn 1? What disruption do you run to common combo decks such as hypergenesis or dark depths? How do you fare against other control decks?

Most of the cards in your deck are far too expensive and slow to even make a dent in your opponents clock. That is why your deck is not feasible in the competitive meta game. Black doesn't have answers to everything - which is why playing mono block is generally a BAD idea.
I agree with the general sentiment.

The main takeaway here is that black needs to be using thoughtseize and smallpox to have a shot and that's not really control anymore.

IMAGE(http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g424/syreal94/SIGNichecopy.png)

Fix your Forum Experience here: http://community.wizards.com/forum/new-site-feedback/threads/3925861

Boasts?

2011 States Top 4
Multiple 2013 IQ Top 4/8 Finishes
Designer of Top 8 States finishing MBC decks in 2011, 2010, and 2009 
Standard Forum - Iron Deck Builder Season One Champ

Favorite Quotes

"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance." - Laurence J. Peter 
"It is the province of knowledge to speak, and it is the privilege of wisdom to listen.” - Oliver Wendell Holmes

that's all true
but
i'm working on this...

//23 lands

19 swamp
4 Blinkmoth Nexus

//12 creatures

4 korlash, heir to blackblade
4 vampire nighthawk
4 gatekeeper of malakir

//24 other

4 thoughtseize
4 bitterblosom
4 damnation
4 tendrils of corruption
4 sign in blood
4 umezawa's jitte
1 liana vess

tot 60

//sideboard

4 doom blade
4 infest
3 relic of progenitus
3 cranial extraction
1 unmake

i have some questions about

is a good idea use 4 chrome mox to drop 1 bitterblosom?

korlash is good, ok
what about demigod? is too slow in a monoB?

and what about others?
night hawk, and malakir are not bad i think... or?

I'd do something like this, probably will be to slow for thopter sword or valukut unless you go way overkill on discard. I'm trying to avoid 2cmc as much as I can because of snare, blossom is just to good. I think a better route would be to build some sort of U/B mannequin control but this is what I would run for MBC. Not sure how good chrome mox would be in this type of list, it does allow you to turn 1 blossom but that's about it. I have a soft spot for shadow of doubt and it might be worth exploring.

24 mana
4 mutavault/blinkmoth
2 urborg, tomb of yawgmoth
8 black fetches
10 swamp

6 Creatures
4 shriekmaw
2 oona, queen of the fae

30 spells
4 bitterblossom
4 damnation
4 tendrils of corruption
4 thoughtseize
4 phyrexian arena
3 Beseech the queen
3 Shadow of Doubt
1 Slaughter Pact
1 mind sludge
1 Pithing Needle
1 Relic of Progenitus/Tormod's Crypt

urborg is GG, when i find it i put in my mbc...

i'm not sure about shriekmaw why is better than gatekeepr of malakir?
   please explain me why u think is better...

and what about bitter+arena?
u have tendrils ya but whit 8 fetchs tendrils will have 5, max 6 swamps not?
   why not jitte? and how u remove it if someone play it?

good tech besech+1x copy of some card

ps
sry 4 my english xD
urborg is GG, when i find it i put in my mbc...

i'm not sure about shriekmaw why is better than gatekeepr of malakir?
   please explain me why u think is better...

and what about bitter+arena?
u have tendrils ya but whit 8 fetchs tendrils will have 5, max 6 swamps not?
   why not jitte? and how u remove it if someone play it?

good tech besech+1x copy of some card

ps
sry 4 my english xD

I prefer shriekmaw because he's targeted removal and is a fast/unblockable clock.

Life is a resource, bitterblossom is much better than having no bitterblossom as it is a forcefield that doubles as a wincon. Arena speeds up your game and lets you jump ahead of your opponent, I would gladly pay 1 life for an extra card in a control deck any day of the week. 

I don't really care about Jitte, if you find it a threat, you can seize it, needle it or just kill their guy when they pump/before they attack.
i'll gone testing...

another doubt:
why Slaughter Pact?
Pact is there incase you need to deal with something instantly but only have enough mana to cast beseech the queen.

shadow of doubt against scapeshift seems pretty good, to bad the sac part isn't part of the cost.
... what u think about graveborn muse?
is slower than arena ya, but i'd testing it 4 a couple of days and it dont work so bad...
... what u think about graveborn muse?
is slower than arena ya, but i'd testing it 4 a couple of days and it dont work so bad...

I see pretty much no reason to run it over arena.  It's slower and it just draws removal.
since extended has legit dual lands, couldn't you splash for another color to optimize the deck?  green has goyf...

Blue is the best color ever. How do you deal?  ------------------------------  Team GFG - "gulf, foxtrot, gulf" 

I produce Dubstep and House beats:

https://soundcloud.com/burning_forest

Best Pauper Deck in the format, not close:

http://community.wizards.com/content/forum-topic/2974646#comment-49713276

Photobucket

since extended has legit dual lands, couldn't you splash for another color to optimize the deck?  green has goyf...

And if you're running goyf, you might as well run eternal witness!... and kitchen finks!... and garruk........and sakura tribe elder for accel!

I'm sure you see where I'm going with this. Rock is just BETTER. MBC is not competitive. It lacks phatties and answers.

And if you're running goyf, you might as well run eternal witness!... and kitchen finks!... and garruk........and sakura tribe elder for accel!

I'm sure you see where I'm going with this. Rock is just BETTER. MBC is not competitive. It lacks phatties and answers.

I disagree with the fact that you're saying E-Witness, K-Finks, and Garruk provide more fat than mono black has. As far as answers... that's an accurate statement in so much that I can't putrefy or maelstrom pulse.

But in my cute world, i enjoy Korlash, Plague Sliver, Yukora the Prisoner with Maelstrom Pulse and Putrefy. Surprisingly enough, green doesn't have the fats that black does in extended. Cute, right?

In a man's world, we don't care about answers. We play an enormous guy immediately and demand you respond to him. Or we give him a loxodon warhammer the next turn and show everyone how bad at magic you are. Answer him? I haz more stupid/stupids.

IMAGE(http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g424/syreal94/SIGNichecopy.png)

Fix your Forum Experience here: http://community.wizards.com/forum/new-site-feedback/threads/3925861

Boasts?

2011 States Top 4
Multiple 2013 IQ Top 4/8 Finishes
Designer of Top 8 States finishing MBC decks in 2011, 2010, and 2009 
Standard Forum - Iron Deck Builder Season One Champ

Favorite Quotes

"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance." - Laurence J. Peter 
"It is the province of knowledge to speak, and it is the privilege of wisdom to listen.” - Oliver Wendell Holmes