Mono White EDH

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
OK so here's what I am trying to accomplish: there's a tournament that happens soon where the theme is Christmas colors for EDH generals. Green, white and red are allowed only. I plan on doing a mono white deck. Here's my options, please tell me what you would subtract / possibly add, or any thoughts or concerns. Also, what general should I use? Thanks.

MONO WHITE

Possible Generals - 6

Iona, Shield of Emeria
Reya Dawnbringer
Myojin of Cleansing Fire - probably not a good idea for general
Akroma, Angel of Wrath
Kiyomaro, First to Stand
Isamaru, Hound of Konda

Board Sweepers / Removal - 18

Final Judgment
Return to Dust
Austere Command
Retaliate
Wrath of God
Tempest of Light
Cleanfall
Cleansing Meditation
Mass Calcify
Disenchant
Patrician's Scorn
Hallowed Burial
Condemn
Martial Coup
Leave No Trace
Oblation
Journey to Nowhere
Oblivion Ring

Critters (non-Legendary) - 16

Serra Avenger
Adarkar Valkyrie
Serra Angel
Pristine Angel
Guardian Seraph
World Queller
Calciderm
Windbrisk Raptor
Spirit of the Hearth
Spelltithe Enforcer
Stonecloaker
Voidstone Gargoyle
Soul Warden
Pentarch Paladin
Hunted Lammasu
Gold Myr

Utility / Misc. - 8
Sensei's Divining Top
Pithing Needle
Candles of Leng
Luminarch Ascension
Armored Ascension
Indestructibility
Evangelize
Shell of the Last Kappa

Recurssion / Reanimate - 5

Graceful Reprieve
Miraculous Recovery
Resurrection
Breath of Life
False Defeat

Accel - 7

Darksteel Ingot
Gauntlet of Power
Marble Diamond
Mind Stone
Sisay's Ring
Ur-Golem's Eye
Thunder Totem

Land - 40

Emeria, the Sky Ruin
Forbidding Watchtower
Kabira Crossroads
New Benalia
Secluded Steppe
Mistveil Plains
34x Plains

Use Iona as a General since it will probably lock out atleast half a deck.

List looks pretty solid. Maybe Martyr of Sand and Felidar Sovereign for an alternate win-con but I don't think you need it.

Maybe Snow plains and Scrying Sheets... Not sure if snow symbols are allowed.
Lt of tiny irrelevant bodies there. Does a calciderm mean squat when it's up against Demons and Dragons?
Lt of tiny irrelevant bodies there. Does a calciderm mean squat when it's up against Demons and Dragons?

I pondered this a little, but I'm not sure there are any mono-red demons in the format. You see, as I stated in original post, this is going to be either a red, green or white commander game. Or perhaps a combo of 2 of the 3. Anyways, if they can get out a huge dragon by turn 3 or 4, then I don't have much of a chance really.

I did make a little bit of changes. I noticed I had a little too much removal for stuff that wasn't on the bored in the first game I played with Isamaru as my general. So I tweaked it and I'm going to play with Iona as my general next game, see how that goes.

Anyway, thanks both for your input.

Holy smokes this deck ROCKED when played with Iona as general! I made some vital changes, mainly I took out a little board removal, but put in spot removal and some stuff that deals with just about everything. The only thing I have very little of is graveyard hate, but I will add that as time goes on.

I won the last EDH game with 28 life at the end! ::pats self on back::

Here is a list of a few cards I might add in the future:

Planar Portal -not sure about this one, may add it if Iona gets Hindered or something to that effect more than once, but I don't plan on adding it anytime soon.

Expedition Map - to tutor the Emeria land, if I can find a spot for it, I'll probably add this soon, or I may add

Weathered Wayfarer for above purpose

Boseiju, Who Shelters All - probably going to add this after the tournament, this deck all but scoops to massive control

that's about it for now... I may add some bigger, better creatures after the upcoming tournament, to deal with the bigger, badder creatures that black and or blue combos would allow. Any other suggestions?
Here is a list of a few cards I might add in the future:

Planar Portal -not sure about this one, may add it if Iona gets Hindered or something to that effect more than once, but I don't plan on adding it anytime soon.

Expedition Map - to tutor the Emeria land, if I can find a spot for it, I'll probably add this soon, or I may add

Weathered Wayfarer for above purpose

Boseiju, Who Shelters All - probably going to add this after the tournament, this deck all but scoops to massive control

that's about it for now... I may add some bigger, better creatures after the upcoming tournament, to deal with the bigger, badder creatures that black and or blue combos would allow. Any other suggestions?

It's not something you necessarily have to have, but if you can get your hands on it, Eiganjo Castle is nice to have. Preventing 2 damage to your general isn't a lot, but it could be just enough to save her, and it doesn't come into play tapped, so it's no worse than a regular land. It goes for $0.79 on trollandtoad.com which, for the record, sells a lot of cards at lower prices than found elsewhere.

Also, I was under the impression that you could play other legendary creatures in your deck aside from you general as long as your opponent(s) weren't running that creature as theirs. I'm not sure about how it's run locally where you are, but if that's the case you might want to consider some.
Sign In to post comments