Magic Arcana / Card of the Day / Daily Decks - January, 2010

231 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of magicthegathering.com's Magic Arcana, Card of the Day, and Daily Decks features for the month of January, 2010.
Sooo...  Sol Ring and junk?  More disappointment?
Why, hello there, Sol Ring!

EDIT: Upon further inspection, it may just be Nevinyrral's Disk
EDIT: Upon further inspection, it may just be Nevinyrral's Disk

Hey! That's a good observation.

At any rate, I'd expect no more than one card that's been all but impossible to find at a decent price (quite possibly Mana Crypt), and piles and piles of other stuff that can be had for pocket change (but hey! FOIL!!!!).  The grossly overinflated price of the box will end up being far more than just ordering the original printing of that single worthwhile card online.

I think it's pretty clear that it's the Disk. You have an echo of the original artwork (a closeup of a circular object held in a hand) and great movement, as if this rendition depicts the Disk sucking everything into it rather than unleashing destruction outward. Pretty cool.
mmm sol ring and nevinyrral's disk, some other fun assorted stuff...Cant wait for this to be on MTGO...Commander is gonna get crazy.



Maybe moxes and black lotus?...yeah probably not, but i can dream.
I like fun, but competitive decks. So I might not play what is optimal but they have normally been tested to have a 2/3 winrate.
Maybe moxes and black lotus?...yeah probably not, but i can dream.

No.

Here's what we know:
They are still adhering to the Reprint Policy, in spite of FtV's being excluded by the Special-Purpose Reprints clause (due to being "premium").
This means Lotus is right out, as is pretty much any truly meaningful rare (or pseudo-rare) artifact such as Candelabra, Cursed Scroll, Sphere of Resistance, Time Vault, and any Mox that isn't Chrome.
This also means that artifacts that would be pretty neat, but not at all "amazing", such as Aeolipile, Forcefield, and Mana Matrix are not going to happen either.

My prediction: Mana Crypt, then some stuff that's still cheap and relatively available (Disk, Key, Juggernaut, 3-Sphere, etc.), some stuff that got new art for no reason (Icy Manipulator, Mirrari, Ashnod's Altar), and then some things that are just inexplicable (Rocket Launcher, Rod of Ruin), and then a random common (Cranial Plating).  The box will sell for about $80 or more, just because of Crypt.
They better do a better job this time. "Exiled" was screwed up because they changed the distribution channel at the last minute and many stores didn't get any.  I understand limited TIME but limited number is petty. I kind of wish they'd up the price from $35 because it's worth at least $70 and WoTC should get the money before the sharks. That's the "game" of collectibles though, gotta put out the high priced "tease" for "stuff in the closet" crowd.... although after last year Magic:The Gathering cards were probably a better investment than the actual banks!
I kind of wish they'd up the price from $35 because it's worth at least $70 and WoTC should get the money before the sharks.

Or better yet, sell it directly, and not withhold the list of contents until after it's already shipped.

"Man, this asinine reverence to the reprint policy isn't going to let them print anything worthwhile, except maybe Berserk, but that's bloody unlikely."
"Really, Berserk is in it?!  I better go buy me one! or four!"
"Aww crap, my FLGS got zero of them"
"Super crap!  It's a hundred bucks at all the online stores!  Why would I not just get some Unlimited 'Zerks instead?"
Trinisphere isn't likely because it was just in FtV: Exiled, and the same goes for Lotus Petal, Clamp, and Top. Mana Crypt may be included, but it'd be a pretty bold move and I'd be very surprised.

Sol Ring, Ashnod's Altar, Winter Orb, Zuran Orb, Ivory Tower, Black Vise, Cursed Rack, Voltaic Key, and Basalt Monolith all have a good chance of getting in--if it wasn't for the Reprint Policy I'd expect Metalworker and/or Grim Monolith as well. Maybe Feldon's Cane or Tormod's Crypt.

For more recent stuff, Umezawa's Jitte is a definite possibility, and possibly Chalice of the Void or one or both of the Swords (Light/Shadow and Fire/Ice). There'll probably be at least one or two of the major artifact creatures--Su-Chi, Darksteel Colossus, and/or Sundering Titan. Tetravus?

There's no way that art can be anything but the Disk, though, so that's almost certainly in.

Come join me at No Goblins Allowed


Because frankly, being here depresses me these days.

Whatever it's going to be. I'm interested.. but then I've generally always had a weak spot for artifacts.
One needs to also take note that they will be doing the exact same thing they did with FTV: Dragons here, as stated in the announcement. That should start bringing more viability to the claims that the next block is going to be in Mirrodin and if not, well, we get another artifact-themed block (Possibility only).

That said, some possibilities:

Isochron Scepter- I can't believe no one has mentioned this yet. Sure, it doesn't work well with other artifacts, but that doesn't stop it from getting included in a set boasting to have some of the most notable artifice in the game's history.

Lotus Bloom- Slower Black Lotus, but still a nice possibility.

Sword of Light and Shadow/Ice and Fire- Good equips that may have a shot due to the notability (of sorts) of the two.
Umezawa's Jitte. That screams "Relic" in my head.

And we're going to have a Relic from "Lights" (Which I suspect is "Mirrodin Pure" anyway).
i have pretty much lost faith in this sort of product. it boggles my mind that they still set the msrp at 35 when they know that it goes for much more, entirely by their doing. they could just sell it direct for twice the price and make twice the money and i can't think of a single reason why they don't do that. is it so they can pretend the ludicrous prices are somehow not their fault? as if they didn't control every detail that makes those prices exist anyway?

additionally, the reprint policy makes these products pointless and/or disappointing to many people, and i see no reason to continue to stick with it. this box will be at least half garbage.

and the pic is definitely nevinyrral's disk.
Im sure WotC wouldn't be this cruel...

But the pic sure looks ALOT like Conservator....
Regarding the Spiders! highlander deck....

Where's the Swarm Yard?!?
Mana Crypt may be included, but it'd be a pretty bold move and I'd be very surprised.



i hope mana crypt isn't in it, because if that's the case it will probably be the single selling point and the rest of the cards will be mostly filler.
note that sol ring isn't on the reserved list, making a glaring hole. Lots of worthless cards are there but not sol ring...

That picture may well be Nevinyrral's disk, but i'd wager a bit of cash that sol ring will make its appearance.
i have pretty much lost faith in this sort of product. it boggles my mind that they still set the msrp at 35 when they know that it goes for much more, entirely by their doing. they could just sell it direct for twice the price and make twice the money and i can't think of a single reason why they don't do that. is it so they can pretend the ludicrous prices are somehow not their fault? as if they didn't control every detail that makes those prices exist anyway?




Every popular CCG (Magic, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh!) starts out with a crazy frenzy of collectors all trying to get the same limited run of product, and then selling it back for mucho profits. Eventually, when the company makes enough product to meet demands, the average player is happy, but the speculative buyer is unpleased. He's forced to squint at each new set looking for a Tarmogoyf or nickel-and-dime himself wheeling-and-dealing $1 rares into $2 rares. 

While you (and I) do not like the secondary market, it was an important factor for getting people interested in Magic, if only for the exorbitant profits to con off of others. An annual FTV release with no impact on standard gets their mojo going and spending money and time on Magic. WotC profits by keeping speculative buyers in the MTG market and making buying product seem lucrative. 

"Ah, the age-old conundrum. Defenders of a game are too blind to see it's broken, and critics are too idiotic to see that it isn't." - Brian McCormick

You know what would be interesting? A pool on which 14 artifacts make it in. (Obviously, the Lights one doesn't count.)

Someone who is actually active on the boards would have to keep track of it (i.e. not me), but if we still remember in six months it could be fun. Maybe in Future Set Speculation, since I'm guessing there will be considerably more interesting things in this thread by the end of the week.
Gotta love the burn deck that won starcity, if only because when during Conflux spoilers, I had the audacity to say "My friend will like Qenchable Fire and its not completely terrible" and this was for out very casual playgroup) only to be attacked about how even the most casual n00b knows it sucks and no one anywhere will ever play it, and I'm an idiot for seeing anything redeemable about it. Hooray for narrow view-points and the inability to adapt! 
Comics Magic #$%! - a sfw blog (at least, there's no nudity!) The blazekite is a simple concept, really - just a vehicular application of dragscoop ionics and electropropulsion magnetronics. Idiot.
note that sol ring isn't on the reserved list, making a glaring hole. Lots of worthless cards are there but not sol ring...

That picture may well be Nevinyrral's disk, but i'd wager a bit of cash that sol ring will make its appearance.


The pic in the article is 95% Nevinyrral's Disk and even if it isn't I'm pretty sure it will be in the set. If Wizards could squeeze the Disk, Chrome Mox and Sol Ring into this, I'd buy it, even if the rest were Patagia Golems.
Manaug.gif | Manawu.gif | Manau.gif | Manaub.gif | Manaur.gif
Every popular CCG (Magic, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh!) starts out with a crazy frenzy of collectors all trying to get the same limited run of product, and then selling it back for mucho profits. Eventually, when the company makes enough product to meet demands, the average player is happy, but the speculative buyer is unpleased. He's forced to squint at each new set looking for a Tarmogoyf or nickel-and-dime himself wheeling-and-dealing $1 rares into $2 rares. 

While you (and I) do not like the secondary market, it was an important factor for getting people interested in Magic, if only for the exorbitant profits to con off of others. An annual FTV release with no impact on standard gets their mojo going and spending money and time on Magic. WotC profits by keeping speculative buyers in the MTG market and making buying product seem lucrative. 



i'm not sure what this has to do with wizards selling this direct (which is what i was talking about). they could make it limited run, make it like 50-60 bucks (still less than what it goes for on the secondary), and secondary market sellers can jack it up even more. wizards would make more money, i would have a shot at getting it at a fixed price rather than trying to figure out how ridiculously bloated it's going to get and how fast, and those secondary market people would get to do what they want to do anyway.

and to me, secondary market doesn't mean "local dealers who get direct from wizards." i'm not saying you're wrong, but that's just not how i thought of the term. at the local shops, these things go for at least twice msrp.

and also for the record i like the idea of these releases. dragons, i thought, was very well done, on theme, and a good value. exiled, on the other hand, was a single reason to buy, a few collectible/rare cards, and a fair amount of filler, with the theme poorly represented.
Path of the Planeswalker goes on sale today. Yeah!



Yeah! Now sell that god damn product in my country so that I can buy it!
OMG click HERE! OMG! How to autocard and use decklist format
--->
For autocarding, write [c][/c] with the name of the card inside it. [c]Island[/c] = Island For linking a card to Gatherer without writting the name of said card for readers, use the autocard brackets together with and equal sign and right the name of the real card. Then put the message you want inside the tags, like you would do with autocarding. Like this: [c=Curse of the Cabal]Captain Never-resolves[/c] = Captain Never-resolves For using the decklist format, follow this: [deck] 4* Terramorphic Expanse 4* Evolving Wilds ... [/deck] It equals:
Real signature, Sblocked for space:
57817638 wrote:
I like storm crow because I really like crows in real life, as an animal, and the card isn't terribly stupid, but packs a good deal of nostalgia and also a chunck of the game's history. So it's perhaps one of the cards I have most affection to, but not because "lol storm crow is bad hurr hurr durr".
Listen to my SoundCloud while you read my signature. The Island, Come And See, The Landlord's Daughter, You'll Not Feel The Drowning - The Decemberists by vimschy IMAGE(http://dragcave.net/image/rkvR.gif)IMAGE(http://dragcave.net/image/L3es.gif) IMAGE(http://dragcave.net/image/m71H.gif)
Quotes
56747598 wrote:
57295478 wrote:
Although I do assume you deliberately refer to them (DCI) as The Grand Imperial Convocation of Evil just for the purposes of making them sound like an ancient and terrible conspiracy.
Now, now. 1994 doesn't quite qualify as "ancient".
56734518 wrote:
Oh, it's a brilliant plan. You see, Bolas was travelling through shadowmoor, causing trouble, when he saw a Wickerbough Elder with its stylin' dead scarecrow hat. Now, Bolas being Bolas took the awesome hat and he put it on his head, but even with all his titanic powers of magic he couldn't make it fit. He grabbed some more scarecrows, but then a little kithkin girl asked if he was trying to build a toupee. "BY ALL THE POWERS IN THE MULTIVERSE!" he roared, "I WILL HAVE A HAT WORTHY OF MY GLORY." and so he went through his Dark Lore of Doom (tm) looking for something he could make into a hat that would look as stylish on him as a scarecrow does on a treefolk. He thought about the Phyrexians, but they were covered in goopy oil that would make his nonexistant hair greasy. He Tried out angels for a while but they didn't sit quite right. Then, he looked under "e" (because in the Elder Draconic alphabet, "e" for Eldrazi is right next to "h" for Hat) in his Dark Lore of Doom and saw depictions of the Eldrazi, and all their forms. "THIS SHALL BE MY HAT!" he declared, poking a picture of Emrakul, "AND WITH IT I WILL USHER IN A NEW AGE OF DARKNESS -- ER, I MEAN A NEW AGE OF FASHION!" And so Nicol Bolas masterminded the release of the Eldrazi.
57864098 wrote:
Rhox War Monk just flips pancakes, and if games have told us anything, it's that food = life.
56747598 wrote:
76973988 wrote:
This thread has gotten creepy. XP
Really? Really? The last couple days have been roughly every perverse fetish imaginable, but it only got "creepy" when speculation on Mother of Runes's mob affiliation came up?
76672808 wrote:
57864098 wrote:
57531048 wrote:
Nice mana base. Not really.
Yeah, really. If my deck was going to cost $1000+, I'd at least make it good.
99812049 wrote:
I like to think up what I consider clever names for my decks, only later to be laughed at by my wife. It kills me a little on the inside, but thats what marriage is about.
56816728 wrote:
56854588 wrote:
Of course, the best use [of tolaria west] is transmuting for the real Tolaria. ;)
Absolutely. I used to loose to my buddy's Banding deck for ages, it was then that I found out about Tolaria, and I was finally able win my first game.
70246459 wrote:
WOAH wait wait wait
56957928 wrote:
You know, being shallow and jusdgmental aside, "I later found out that Jon infiltrated his way into OKCupid dates with at least two other people"
56957928 wrote:
"I later found out that Jon infiltrated his way into OKCupid dates with at least two other people"
56957928 wrote:
Jon infiltrated his way into OKCupid dates
56957928 wrote:
OH MY GOD
109874309 wrote:
The only way I'd cast this card is into a bonfire.
82032421 wrote:
The short answer is that there's no rule barring annoying people from posting, but there a rule barring us from harassing them about it.
56747598 wrote:
Browbeat is a card that is an appropriate deck choice when there's no better idea available. "No better idea available" was pretty much the running theme of Odyssey era.
56874518 wrote:
Or perhaps it was a more straightforward comment indicating a wish for you to be bitten (Perhaps repeatedly) by a small yet highly venomous arachnid.
70246459 wrote:
58280208 wrote:
You're an idiot, and I'm in no mood for silliness.
57817638 wrote:
57145078 wrote:
You just... Vektor it.
That's the answer to everything.
70246459 wrote:
58347268 wrote:
I think the problem is that you don't exist.
This would sound great out of context!
56965458 wrote:
Modern is like playing a new tournament every time : you build a deck, you win with it, don't bother keeping it. Just build another, its key pieces will get banned.
57864098 wrote:
57309598 wrote:
I specifically remember posting a thread when I was just a witty bitty noob.
You make it sound like that's still not the case.
58325628 wrote:
Rap is what happens when the c from crap is taken away.
Doug Beyer:
But sometimes it's also challenging. Because sometimes OH MY GOD, WHAT THE HELL IS THIS THING?
141434757 wrote:
Flashforward five thousand years (Click for atmosphere) :
57927608 wrote:
to paraphrase Jeff Goldblum, Vektor finds a way.
58347268 wrote:
when in rome **** AND PILLAGE
143229641 wrote:
I always find it helpful when im angry to dress up in an owl costume and rub pennies all over my body in front of a full body mirror next to the window.
Dymecoar:
Playing Magic without Blue is like sleeping without any sheets or blankets. You can do it...but why?
Omega137:
Me: "I love the moment when a control deck stabilizes. It feels so... right." Omega137: "I like the life drop part until you get there, it's the MtG variant of bungee jumping"
Zigeif777:
Just do it like Yu-Gi-Oh or monkeys: throw all the crap you got at them and hope it works or else the by-standers (or opponents) just get dirty and pissed.
57471038 wrote:
58258708 wrote:
It's true that Alpha and Beta didn't contain any cards like Tarmogoyf, Darksteel Colossus, or Platinum Angel. It just contained weak, insignificant cards like Black Lotus, Mox Sapphire, and Time Walk.
Normally it's difficult to pick up on your jokes/sarcasm. But this one's pretty much out there. Good progress. You have moved up to Humanoid. You'll be Human in no time.
91893448 wrote:
94618431 wrote:
I didn't know Samurai were known to be able to cut down whole armies...
They can when they're using lightsabers!
57129358 wrote:
97980259 wrote:
My wife brought home a baby black squirrel they found on a horse track and cared for it for a few days. We named it Grixis, but it died.
Unearth it!
70246459 wrote:
[/spoiler] And I'm on Magic Arcana. How about you? Oh, by the way, I'm also on From the Lab now. Twice, actually. And now with my own submited decklist!
I don't think I like the new art on Larry Niven's new disk. On a side note...I wonder if that's really his hand???
ANNOUNCING...

CORE SET 2011
Im sure WotC wouldn't be this cruel...

But the pic sure looks ALOT like Conservator....



You are right. Was not sure of the name. But I remember what it was doing. Look into Revised.artifact, and there it was.

But I really hope that they re-used that drawing. I would not want a Conservator foiled.


Wow there Wizards.  M10 just came out and I'm still feeling the balls on my face from the last rules change.  M10 sucked, the only good cards were the lands, minus gargoyle castle, and Walletslayer Angel. 

I know I didn't pay attention when I played before, but this whole 'standard only changes once a year' thing is new right?


This feels weird, M10 and M11 with each other for nearly half the year? I guess they don't really need to reprint as much stuff in this case though, since they have plenty of time to support any downfalls that the rest of Zen would bring up.

I'll be interested to see what's in M11. After the excitement of M10, I'm not sure what the plan will be, from here on.

I don't mind the non-stacking damage, but I hope they completely do away with the unnecessary and convoluted conga line. Regeneration and damage prevention get a bit trickier, but it's better than the conga line.

They've said they're going to fix deathtouch, but they really just need to bite the bullet and go for the clean solution of removing the whole conga line.

Every time I read "Here I Rule" I die a little inside.

The M11 Announcement is wrong isn't it? Kamigawa will stay for another year and Mirroding will leave instead. Also is 248 cards instead of the usual 249 correct or a typo?

Every time I read "Here I Rule" I die a little inside.




You and me both, bro.

I am however quite excited by the illustration of the dragon on the M2011-announcement page, could it be that they are finally printing Trogdor? =)

Trogdor
3RR
Legendary creature - dragon
Haste, Flying, Big beefy arms.
{tap} Burninate target countryside.
If Trogdor is put into a graveyard from anywhere, shriek "Trogdor!" to return Trogdor to the battlefield.
5/5
(The countryside continues to burninate after Trogdor has left the battlefield.)
The M11 Announcement is wrong isn't it? Kamigawa will stay for another year and Mirroding will leave instead. Also is 248 cards instead of the usual 249 correct or a typo?


The M11 announcement is right. It says that 9th edition will rotate out with Kamigawa block, when "Shake" comes out in 2011.
The new block for 2010 starts with "Lights".
(The countryside continues to burninate after Trogdor has left the battlefield.)



Come join me at No Goblins Allowed


Because frankly, being here depresses me these days.

(The countryside continues to burninate after Trogdor has left the battlefield.)


LOL!

Every time I read "Here I Rule" I die a little inside.




You and me both, bro.

I am however quite excited by the illustration of the dragon on the M2011-announcement page, could it be that they are finally printing Trogdor? =)



Another one dead here.

And I do not like the cliché CGI dragon.


I think the dragon looks awesome and I can't wait to see it all foily and shiny =)
ANNOUNCING...

CORE SET 2011


I had the exact same response. Come on, Wizards - like we didn't know M11 was coming. :/

Every time I read "Here I Rule" I die a little inside.


Seconded. Please, please drop that tagline. It's so cheesy and insulting. It's like telling Magic players: "we expect you to suck in real life, so go play Magic, because there you rule". I actually don't know any other tagline that gives me that feeling. It's like if my brain could vomit into its mouth, it would do so after reading that horrible, horrible tagline.
Manaug.gif | Manawu.gif | Manau.gif | Manaub.gif | Manaur.gif
Every time I read "Here I Rule" I die a little inside.


Seconded. Please, please drop that tagline. It's so cheesy and insulting. It's like telling Magic players: "we expect you to suck in real life, so go play Magic, because there you rule". I actually don't know any other tagline that gives me that feeling. It's like if my brain could vomit into its mouth, it would do so after reading that horrible, horrible tagline.



That's true. It feels like they are saying: "Hey you! Yes, frustrated guy! Tired of people hitting you? Come play Magic and then you will be able to say you are good at something!"
OMG click HERE! OMG! How to autocard and use decklist format
--->
For autocarding, write [c][/c] with the name of the card inside it. [c]Island[/c] = Island For linking a card to Gatherer without writting the name of said card for readers, use the autocard brackets together with and equal sign and right the name of the real card. Then put the message you want inside the tags, like you would do with autocarding. Like this: [c=Curse of the Cabal]Captain Never-resolves[/c] = Captain Never-resolves For using the decklist format, follow this: [deck] 4* Terramorphic Expanse 4* Evolving Wilds ... [/deck] It equals:
Real signature, Sblocked for space:
57817638 wrote:
I like storm crow because I really like crows in real life, as an animal, and the card isn't terribly stupid, but packs a good deal of nostalgia and also a chunck of the game's history. So it's perhaps one of the cards I have most affection to, but not because "lol storm crow is bad hurr hurr durr".
Listen to my SoundCloud while you read my signature. The Island, Come And See, The Landlord's Daughter, You'll Not Feel The Drowning - The Decemberists by vimschy IMAGE(http://dragcave.net/image/rkvR.gif)IMAGE(http://dragcave.net/image/L3es.gif) IMAGE(http://dragcave.net/image/m71H.gif)
Quotes
56747598 wrote:
57295478 wrote:
Although I do assume you deliberately refer to them (DCI) as The Grand Imperial Convocation of Evil just for the purposes of making them sound like an ancient and terrible conspiracy.
Now, now. 1994 doesn't quite qualify as "ancient".
56734518 wrote:
Oh, it's a brilliant plan. You see, Bolas was travelling through shadowmoor, causing trouble, when he saw a Wickerbough Elder with its stylin' dead scarecrow hat. Now, Bolas being Bolas took the awesome hat and he put it on his head, but even with all his titanic powers of magic he couldn't make it fit. He grabbed some more scarecrows, but then a little kithkin girl asked if he was trying to build a toupee. "BY ALL THE POWERS IN THE MULTIVERSE!" he roared, "I WILL HAVE A HAT WORTHY OF MY GLORY." and so he went through his Dark Lore of Doom (tm) looking for something he could make into a hat that would look as stylish on him as a scarecrow does on a treefolk. He thought about the Phyrexians, but they were covered in goopy oil that would make his nonexistant hair greasy. He Tried out angels for a while but they didn't sit quite right. Then, he looked under "e" (because in the Elder Draconic alphabet, "e" for Eldrazi is right next to "h" for Hat) in his Dark Lore of Doom and saw depictions of the Eldrazi, and all their forms. "THIS SHALL BE MY HAT!" he declared, poking a picture of Emrakul, "AND WITH IT I WILL USHER IN A NEW AGE OF DARKNESS -- ER, I MEAN A NEW AGE OF FASHION!" And so Nicol Bolas masterminded the release of the Eldrazi.
57864098 wrote:
Rhox War Monk just flips pancakes, and if games have told us anything, it's that food = life.
56747598 wrote:
76973988 wrote:
This thread has gotten creepy. XP
Really? Really? The last couple days have been roughly every perverse fetish imaginable, but it only got "creepy" when speculation on Mother of Runes's mob affiliation came up?
76672808 wrote:
57864098 wrote:
57531048 wrote:
Nice mana base. Not really.
Yeah, really. If my deck was going to cost $1000+, I'd at least make it good.
99812049 wrote:
I like to think up what I consider clever names for my decks, only later to be laughed at by my wife. It kills me a little on the inside, but thats what marriage is about.
56816728 wrote:
56854588 wrote:
Of course, the best use [of tolaria west] is transmuting for the real Tolaria. ;)
Absolutely. I used to loose to my buddy's Banding deck for ages, it was then that I found out about Tolaria, and I was finally able win my first game.
70246459 wrote:
WOAH wait wait wait
56957928 wrote:
You know, being shallow and jusdgmental aside, "I later found out that Jon infiltrated his way into OKCupid dates with at least two other people"
56957928 wrote:
"I later found out that Jon infiltrated his way into OKCupid dates with at least two other people"
56957928 wrote:
Jon infiltrated his way into OKCupid dates
56957928 wrote:
OH MY GOD
109874309 wrote:
The only way I'd cast this card is into a bonfire.
82032421 wrote:
The short answer is that there's no rule barring annoying people from posting, but there a rule barring us from harassing them about it.
56747598 wrote:
Browbeat is a card that is an appropriate deck choice when there's no better idea available. "No better idea available" was pretty much the running theme of Odyssey era.
56874518 wrote:
Or perhaps it was a more straightforward comment indicating a wish for you to be bitten (Perhaps repeatedly) by a small yet highly venomous arachnid.
70246459 wrote:
58280208 wrote:
You're an idiot, and I'm in no mood for silliness.
57817638 wrote:
57145078 wrote:
You just... Vektor it.
That's the answer to everything.
70246459 wrote:
58347268 wrote:
I think the problem is that you don't exist.
This would sound great out of context!
56965458 wrote:
Modern is like playing a new tournament every time : you build a deck, you win with it, don't bother keeping it. Just build another, its key pieces will get banned.
57864098 wrote:
57309598 wrote:
I specifically remember posting a thread when I was just a witty bitty noob.
You make it sound like that's still not the case.
58325628 wrote:
Rap is what happens when the c from crap is taken away.
Doug Beyer:
But sometimes it's also challenging. Because sometimes OH MY GOD, WHAT THE HELL IS THIS THING?
141434757 wrote:
Flashforward five thousand years (Click for atmosphere) :
57927608 wrote:
to paraphrase Jeff Goldblum, Vektor finds a way.
58347268 wrote:
when in rome **** AND PILLAGE
143229641 wrote:
I always find it helpful when im angry to dress up in an owl costume and rub pennies all over my body in front of a full body mirror next to the window.
Dymecoar:
Playing Magic without Blue is like sleeping without any sheets or blankets. You can do it...but why?
Omega137:
Me: "I love the moment when a control deck stabilizes. It feels so... right." Omega137: "I like the life drop part until you get there, it's the MtG variant of bungee jumping"
Zigeif777:
Just do it like Yu-Gi-Oh or monkeys: throw all the crap you got at them and hope it works or else the by-standers (or opponents) just get dirty and pissed.
57471038 wrote:
58258708 wrote:
It's true that Alpha and Beta didn't contain any cards like Tarmogoyf, Darksteel Colossus, or Platinum Angel. It just contained weak, insignificant cards like Black Lotus, Mox Sapphire, and Time Walk.
Normally it's difficult to pick up on your jokes/sarcasm. But this one's pretty much out there. Good progress. You have moved up to Humanoid. You'll be Human in no time.
91893448 wrote:
94618431 wrote:
I didn't know Samurai were known to be able to cut down whole armies...
They can when they're using lightsabers!
57129358 wrote:
97980259 wrote:
My wife brought home a baby black squirrel they found on a horse track and cared for it for a few days. We named it Grixis, but it died.
Unearth it!
70246459 wrote:
[/spoiler] And I'm on Magic Arcana. How about you? Oh, by the way, I'm also on From the Lab now. Twice, actually. And now with my own submited decklist!
Sign In to post comments