UW Control help

Standard format.

My main issue is Discard, speed red, and jund decks.

my current deck consists of...

Lands - 26

3 Gargoyle castle
4 Glacial Fortress
5 Islands
3 Kabira
7 Plains
4 Sejiri Refuge

Creatures - 6

2 Felidar Sovereign
2 Guardian Seraph
2 Sphinx of Jwar Isle

Draw - 28

1 Armillary Sphere
3 Courier's Capsule

Other

2 Oblivion Ring
4 Path to Exile
1 Essence Scatter
3 Flashfreeze
3 Negate
2 Celestial Purge
1 Safe passage
2 Offering to Asha
1 Day of Judgement
1 Planar Cleansing
2 Mind Spring
2 Martial Coup

The basic Philosophy is to stay alive till turn 6-8 and then beat them with Sphinx and/or Felidar.

Unfortunately ive realized that ive put so much in the deck to beat the jund/speed red decks that i cut myself down to just 4 of those 2 creatures. I used to have 4 felidar in there. I also had 2 Conquerers Pledge.

Ive been out of the game for about 4 years now so im not totally up to date on all the recent cards very well so i dont even know what to look for. I am a very good player..just not in the know these days.

Basically im looking for ideas to keep me alive vs these decks and advice on how many of these creatures i should be using.

I only put the seraphs in there because it was a turn 4-6 card i could play that would possibly keep me alive with the damage prevention. It couldnt die to lightning bolt, and could do a little damage as well.

I like the exiles but helping my opponent get land isnt good when playing vs jund and speed red.

... well i was gonna explain my reasons for the cards i was using more but i guess its pretty obvious to players that know the game ..sooo i wont.

Just looking for a little help.
Ya ignore this i guess...gotta post it elsewhere.
Sign In to post comments