Stacy - Cleric|Wizard - Bola Implement Cheese

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
This character aims to utilize a disrupting bola as an implement for wizard spells, optionally doing no damage and immobilizing all targets.

I'm currently thinking this character would progress towards taking Sage of Ages perhaps at Epic.

I love to hear any criticism or ideas for replacements.

I've taken MC ranger with a mind to maybe taking Spitting Cobra Stance (and to qualify for Bola Training) but I'm not sure it would be better than the powers it would replace. 

Stacy, level 16
Human, Cleric|Wizard, Divine Oracle
Hybrid Talent: Arcane Implement Mastery
Arcane Implement Mastery: Orb of Imposition
Arcane Admixture Damage Type: Arcane Admixture Thunder
Arcane Admixture Power: Winged Horde
Background: Windrise Ports (Windrise Ports Benefit)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 11, Con 13, Dex 13, Int 22, Wis 20, Cha 9.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 10, Con 12, Dex 12, Int 16, Wis 16, Cha 8.

AC: 29 Fort: 25 Reflex: 29 Will: 30
HP: 84 Surges: 7 Surge Value: 21

TRAINED SKILLS
Dungeoneering +18, History +19, Religion +19, Arcana +19, Nature +18

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +9, Bluff +7, Diplomacy +7, Endurance +9, Heal +13, Insight +13, Intimidate +7,
Perception +13, Stealth +9, Streetwise +7, Thievery +9, Athletics +8

FEATS
Human: Hybrid Talent
Level 1: Weapon Proficiency (Bola) (retrained to Bola Training at Level 11)
Level 2: Focused Expertise (Bola)
Level 4: Arcane Familiar
Level 6: Enlarge Spell
Level 8: Mark of Storm
Level 10: White Lotus Riposte
Level 11: Warrior of the Wild
Level 12: White Lotus Master Riposte
Level 14: Arcane Admixture
Level 16: Resounding Thunder

POWERS
Bonus At-Will Power: Winged Horde
Hybrid Cleric at-will 1: Lance of Faith
Hybrid Wizard at-will 1: Magic Missile
Hybrid encounter 1: Orbmaster's Incendiary Detonation
Hybrid daily 1: Font of Tears
Hybrid utility 2: Arcane Insight
Hybrid encounter 3: Light of Arvandor
Hybrid daily 5: Stinking Cloud
Hybrid utility 6: Stream of Life
Hybrid encounter 7: Chill Claws
Hybrid daily 9: Visions of Ruin
Hybrid utility 10: Repelling Shield
Hybrid encounter 13: Orbmaster's Umbral Assault (replaces Light of Arvandor)
Hybrid daily 15: Evard's Dreadful Mist (replaces Font of Tears)
Hybrid utility 16: Elemental Countermeasures

ITEMS
Disrupting Bola +3, Orb of Ultimate Imposition +3, Magic Feyweave Armor +4, Talisman of
Terror +4, Phrenic Crown (heroic tier), Bracers of the Perfect Shot (heroic tier), Gauntlets of
Blood (heroic tier), Belt of Vim (heroic tier), Boots of Eagerness (heroic tier), Psalter
of Aureon +2, Adventurer's Kit, Tattoo of Arcane Blood (heroic tier)
Bola Training (and the other weapon multiclass trees) no longer have a Martial class requirement.  I believe you could take it as early as you wanted. 

That said, I'm not sure if the combo works or not;  when you hit with the bola, you can choose to do no damage to immobilize targets.  I wonder if that means you must physically attack and hit with the bola itself, or if just using it as an implement is enough.  I don't think the designers foresaw this sort of combination happening, so it's a bit vague on the wording =P. 
Builds and Guides The Cosmonaut a build that teleports foes into space. November Errata Item Guide a guide to equipping Avengers and Strikers after the November errata. 100% Crit Rate Ardent Champion an Avenger combo that autocrits and/or inflicts infinite damage at level 11.
I know that CharOp is all about RAW-twisting... But seriously...

"The Wizard mutter some arcane word, moving his bolas from one hand to the other. The Fire-bola-ball explode violently amidst you, but whitout damage. Ho, and you are immobilized."

"Immobilized? What a silly version of fireball!"

"It's an effect of having a Bolas in hand."

"Wait, have him throw the bolas?"

"No."
Actually Play'ng: Nothing. My old party is full of short-sighted racists and sexists (on their own admission), so I left.
Bola Training (and the other weapon multiclass trees) no longer have a Martial class requirement.  I believe you could take it as early as you wanted. 

Where is this written?  the compendium claims otherwise...
Dragon Magazine Annual released an errata on the Dragon material.  I don't think the Compendium has been updated yet... does it list an errata of any kind in the Compendium? 
Builds and Guides The Cosmonaut a build that teleports foes into space. November Errata Item Guide a guide to equipping Avengers and Strikers after the November errata. 100% Crit Rate Ardent Champion an Avenger combo that autocrits and/or inflicts infinite damage at level 11.
How are you using a bola (flail) as an arcane implement for wizard spells?

I understand how you can use it for Cleric powers.. since its a holy symbol.
Hybrids can use any implement from either class for both classes powers.