Your favorite MP deck.

49 posts / 0 new
Last post
I thought it might be interesting, since the multiplayer forum is basically the same group of people commenting in each topic, to have everyone that wants to participate post, here, their favorite decklist, how it works, and why it appeals to them.

What do you yall think?
Why, it might actually start feeling like a community around here! Laughing

Sounds like a good idea to me; I'm going to be putting up a new decklist thread anyway, and I'll edit in a link and a little spiel about the details into this post.
I'll be heading to work in an hour or so, later tonight I'll make my addition.
This is just for my meta, at my tourney there is a lot of small, overrunning decks

Explode and Hunt
Creatures 7:
2x Avatar of Fury - Killing, can easily be cheap
1x Akroma, Angel of Fury - Amazing, almost untouchable
2x Flameblast Dragon - Great and can also cast blaze whenever it attacks
2x Stalking Vengeance - Great whith board wipe

Spells 23:
4x Pyrohemia - Amazing reusable board wipe.
4x Volcanic Fallout - Classic.
4x Lightning Bolt - Classic.
4x Earthquake - Great board wipe.
3x Shattering Spree - Perfect against the artifact deck.
4x Banefire - Makes a great finisher.

Artifact 8:
3x Mind's Eye - Card draw engine.
1x That Which was Taken - Great with Pyrohemia, and makes my creatures resist board wipe, also just plain good.
4x Sun Droplet - I WILL SURVIVE!

Lands 22:
19x Mountain - Does mountain stuff...
3x Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle - A lightning bolt whenever I play a land.

Hurt everyone by blowing up the field, then getting fatties/banefire for the kills. Simple, evil, risky, exactly how magic should be.
Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker Emporer deck.... I use it for 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, etc. I love it.

I'm linking it from my personal site. Sorry I cheated. lol

I play big decks when palying casual. Just my style. But this is a 5 color deck built around Nicol Bolas and the 5 Shard Monster Mobs. (Hellkite Overlord, Godsire, Sphinx Sovereign, Empyrial Archangel, and Prince of Thralls)

I added Progenitus, Thraximundar, and Dakkon Blackblade for mass power. There are several little combos going off each turn during a simple, average game. Its fun to play, its infamous for taking up a whole table when laid out late game, and it took a while to single out the best cards for what I wanted.

My average sideboard would have Platinum Angel, Darksteel Colossus, Meteor Crater, and a few timeless classics. (If you want a list of my actual sideboard, feel free to ask...)

Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker v3 (Somewhere around 109 cards I think.)
Creatures- 38
Spells-26
Lands-45

2x Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker
1x Progenitus
1x Child of Alara
1x Dakkon Blackblade
1x Empyrial Archangel
1x Godsire
1x Hellkite Overlord
2x Mossbridge Troll
1x Sphinx of the Steel Wind
1x Sphinx Sovereign
1x Thraximundar
1x Prince of Thralls
4x Birds of Paradise
4x Fierce Empath
4x Joiner Adept**
1x Kaervek the Merciless
2x Madrush Cyclops*
2x Maelstrom Archangel*
2x Magister Sphinx
1x Master Transmuter
4x Skyward Eye Prophets
2x Witch-Maw Nephilim
4x Conflux
4x Cruel Ultimatum*
1x Dramatic Entrance
2x Maelstrom Nexus
4x Plague Wind*
2x Prismatic Omen
1x Scouting Trek
4x Shard Convergence
4x Slave of Bolas
4x Ancient Ziggurat
4x Rhystic Cave
2x Terramorphic Expanse
2x Vivid Crag
2x Vivid Creek
2x Vivid Grove
2x Vivid Marsh
2x Vivid Meadow

5x Forest
5x Island
5x Mountain
5x Plains
5x Swamp
Call me DZ. Or Lord. Either or. Image.ashx?size=small&name=BG&type=symbol
My favourite MP deck is probably MBC. Perhaps not because it is the most fun to play (that would be my Ghostway deck), but because I own it the longest, and I spent the most time testing it. I consider it my strongest deck, and it is the most feared deck, despite a pretty low win ratio. The list is on another thread on this site, and this link will bring you to it.
Here's my current favorite deck: Highlander Steambath.

Why is it my favorite? It's the deck that I allowed myself to have some fun with. I'm pretty anal about having four-ofs in my deck, and this is where I opted to go the complete opposite route. It's a lot of fun to have a large toolkit at my disposal, and it feels pretty easy to pull up any instant or sorcery in the deck. And in the end, it's refreshing to challenge myself to against my friends' streamlined decks they've been working on for ages. They all chuckle when I pull this deck out; they don't get it. And I love it.

Also, the deck has some pretty cards in it: Jaya is foiled with the five mana symbols in her text box (some prerelease or promo, I guess). Jiwari is foiled. The two "storage" lands are foiled. Nucklavee, Oona's Grace, and Call the Skybreaker are all Korean. The Forbid is altered (by myself), to make an insider joke regarding our playgroup. I simply like the over all aethetics of the cards themselves; good decks have a particular feel to them.
An original deck idea by me. Took a couple days to think of it, which I thought of it a few years ago. 

Rude Combo

Creatures:
4 x Eternal Witness
4 x Fyndhorn Elves
4 x Elvish Visionary

Artifacts:
4 x Skullclamp
1 x Mana Vault
1 x Sol Ring
1 x Grim Monolith

Spells:
4 x Summer's Bloom
3 x Brainstorm
4 x Rude Awakening
4 x Skyscribing
2 x Neumonic Nexus

Lands:
4 x Tropical Island
4 x Yavimaya Coast
4 x Breeding Pool
6 x Forest
6 x Island

Rather than having 1 combo like most "combo" decks have to win, the whole deck is a combo. You use a combination of draw from Brainstorm, Skyscribing and Elvish Visionary to draw a few cards quick and play a few extra lands with Summers Bloom real fast. Once you get a few lands ahead you can start untapping your lands multiple times so you can draw more cards with Skullclamp over and over and get your untappers back with Eternal Witness. When you can get enough mana (10 or so) you can reshuffle your graveyard  and keep on going until you play every single land in your deck. You draw your deck like this

e.g. 1 Rude Awakening, 1 Skyscribing, 1 Neumonic Nexus, and whatever else, in hand. With various creatues and other cards in your graveyard you play the Nexus to reshuffle everything. You can untap your lands with Rude Awakening and then pretty much draw your deck with Skyscribing and leave at least 5 to play Rude Awakening.
It's easier done than said to be honest. Just by playing the deck you win. If you don't see the win condition then you're blind! Just so you know yes the lands will have summoning sickness if you make them creatures the same turn you play them so it's not possible to attack with all your lands the same turn you play them. This deck can beat an infinite amount of players. Don't call it lame because I guarantee you no one will expect it ahaha

This is one of my favorites. It seems to do fairly well in 4-6 player games, provided that you don't get overwhelmed by direct damage and/or indestructible creatures. It's also fantastic in games with other control decks since you can overwhelm them with card drawing and conserve your board control effects more readily. Fast combo is really difficult to beat though.

In an ideal game you protect yourself with fog effects and damnation, then intuition for three demigods and slap 15 points of flying doom onto the table to finish people off before they can rebuild. More often than not, however, you play control and do your best to keep the table from killing you, while you slowly overwhelm your opponents with card advantage.

Creatures
4x Demigod of Revenge
4x Mulldrifter
3x Eternal Witness

Mulldrifter provides critical card-drawing so that you don't run out of gas or miss land-drops (this deck never wants an empty hand and missing land-drops can severely set you back). Eternal witness provides a potent recursion engine and handy chump blockers. Demigod of revenge is the finisher, typically called into play in groups of three when tutored up with intuition. I've probably won a quarter of my games with mulldrifter and witness beats, so they are (in fact) capable of getting the job done on their own, but demigod saves turns, and helps to seal the deal quickly after a board sweeper.

Instants
4x Mystical Tutor
4x Accumulated Knowledge
4x Moment's Peace
3x Intuition
1x Fracturing Gust

Mystical tutor helps to ensure that you draw the right cards at the right times; it's most often used to fetch intuition, damnation, fracturing gust, or primal command. Accumulated knowledge is a secondary card drawing engine, that happens to be particularly powerful when tutored up in groups of three with intuition. Moment's peace is your instant speed defense; it provides two fog effects for the investment of a single card, and is particularly annoying when summoned three at a time with intuition. Fracturing gust is a failsafe against artifacts and enchantments and a nice life buffer at times.

Intuition is one of the most important cards in the deck. Aside from the three previously mentioned uses, it can also be used to fetch three lands (when trying to build up your mana) or even a single specific card (if you pair it with a couple witnesses).

Sorceries
4x Damnation
3x Primal Command
1x Cruel Ultimatum

Damnation is used to keep the board clear of creatures, and paired with moment's peace often has the ability to stall for turn after turn. Primal command is a general utility card. I'll use it to gain life and tutor up threats by default, but it can also be used as graveyard hate, an anti-milling effect, a mini plow under effect, or even removal. Sometimes you can do nasty things with by tutoring up witnesses and using the witnesses to replay the primal commands. Primal command is also a failsafe against drawing too many cards, since in a pinch you can use it to recycle your whole graveyard back into your library. Cruel ultimatum is absolutely brutal against a single opponent, and it makes a fine finisher if only one player remains at the table; one copy seems to be enough, since you really don't need it until most of the players have already been eliminated.

Planeswalkers
1x Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker

Bolas helps to deal with random problematic permanents, indestructible creatures, or players that have simply gained too much life. I only pack a single copy, and have no effective means tutoring him up without spending copious amounts of mana, but given his converted mana cost and the amount of card draw in the deck, by the time you can actually play him, he often turns up.

Land
4x Reflecting Pool
4x Exotic Orchard
3x Vivid Creek
3x Vivid Grove
3x Vivid Marsh
1x Vivid Crag
1x Fire-Lit Thicket
1x Graven Cairns
1x Cascade Bluffs
1x Flooded Grove
1x Sunken Ruins
1x Twilight Mire

The mana-base is extremely consistent, and sometimes doesn't even require the vivid counters to function, but it folds to cards like back to basics or blood moon. If you expect either card to make an appearance, intuition for three demigods ASAP. You'll just have to cross your fingers that 15 hasty flying damage can get the job done, and free you from the nonbasic land hate.

Wow.  Surprise surgery and 5 desperate finals later, I am here with my favorite multiplayer deck.

Its kind of a dirtbag deck, and gets a groan or two occasionally when I play it, but its just so fun.

Its one of the very few decks where I have 1-ofs, and a handful of 2-ofs.

2 Purity
3 Swords to Plowshares
4 Tidehollow Sculler
1 Sol Ring
2 Dread
2 Subversion
3 Batwing Brume
4 Ghosts of the Innocent
2 Vindicate
4 Souls of the Faultless
2 Faith's Fetters
4 Agent of Masks
2 Ghostly Prison
3 Oblivion Ring
1 Debtor's Knell
1 Ghost Council of Orzhova
1 Maze of Ith
1 Emeria, the Sky Ruin

Basically it just makes it so no one in the game can do any damage, while I slowly wring life from everyone.  Honestly, the deck needs some tuning, and could perform much better, but I still like it.
My favorite is a R/B deck that's one half of a great 2hg team. I lovingly named it "Standing too close to the firecrackers." List up soon.
My favorite deck is my Goblin Welder deck. I love it because I love artifacts, and it uses a lot of broken cards. I also love it because it has a lot of one-ofs which makes it play differently every time. I recently added a Tezzeret the Seeker to the deck so I'll need to update the decklist, but you can see that he fits in like a glove.

Right now my favorite deck is my Jhoira deck. We play with generals like EDH, so Jhoira lets me suspend a bunch of ridiculous things. The deck doesn't win regularly because my group tends to freak out when I have a bunch of things suspended and gang up on me, but it has a lot of fun shenanigans. Kaboom! being my favorite.

Creatures
Viscerid Deepwalker x2
Sage of Epityr
Jhoira’s Timebug
Errant Ephemeron
Pardic Dragon
Riftwing Cloudskate
Soulbright Flamekin x3
Deep-Sea Kraken x2
Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker
Uyo, Silent Prophet
Aven Fateshifter
Call the Skybreaker
Spellbound Dragon x2
Mischievous Quanar
Tidal Kraken
Crimson Hellkite
Lorthos, the Tidemaker
Altar Golem

Spells
Whispers of the Muse
Clockspinning x2
Journeyer’s Kite
Reality Strobe x3
Lash Out x3
Titan’s Revenge x2
Timesifter
Rush of Knowledge
Mind’s Eye
Kaboom! x2

Here is a deck for everyone to laugh at.  I laught at it, so does my group everytime it does even remotely well.
My recent favorite MP deck is the epitome of casual.  In fact, I made it (without proxies for once...  My blood still boils at the thought of my stolen cache of cards) completely out of random cards that I had sitting around after dismantling a few of my other decks.  It wasn't meant to be a winner just to take out a specific white deck my roommate plays that we are all sick of, but turned out to be pretty powerful (with the right opening hand).  It is one of my very few non-combo decks and is a pest to other players.

Land: 22
3xSwamp
2xPiranha Marsh
6xPlains
6xForest
3xMountain
1xMaze of Ith
1xReflecting Pool
Creatures: 13
4xLotus Cobra
3xThornling
4xMother of Runes
2xMeglonoth
Spells: 25
2xAspect of the Mongoose
4xAura Mutation
2xSudden Spoiling
3xGhostfire
2xSwords to Plowshares
2xPath to Exile
2xWrath of God
3xKodama's Reach
2xBond of Agony
3xSudden Death

After looking at the decklist here I couldn't contain a wicked chuckle.  The list is disgusting, absolutely terrible makeup, but out of 40+ games I have always gotten exactly what I need, when I need it.  Yes I am aware the mana base is Garbage (with a capital G), but all my good lands are tied up in other decks, plus it just adds to the wonder of this deck actually working.  I mean...4 colors?  Really?  Haha.
Stonehewer Giant is the base of my most favorite multiplayer deck.

Helm of Kaldra, Sheild of Kaldra, Sword of Kaldra, Lightning Greaves, Pariah's Shield, Worldslayer

Yah, fun times. 
Stonehewer Giant is the base of my most favorite multiplayer deck.

Helm of Kaldra, Sheild of Kaldra, Sword of Kaldra, Lightning Greaves, Pariah's Shield, Worldslayer

Yah, fun times. 

A Worldslayer-wielding indestructible 9/9 seems like a win:D 
Hmmm...I have a ton of decks for multiplayer and they all have their own appeal...instead of agonizing I'll just list the following as it has an incredibly high win-rate and was a simple "fun" project from start to finish and has done incredibly well.

Blink Bounce Baby Boomer

4 Ponder
4 Ancestral Vision
4 Momentary Blink
4 Ghostway

4 Riftwing Cloudskate
4 Epochrasite
4 Man-o'-War
4 Aven Riftwatcher
4 Mulldrifter
4 Reveillark

4 Glacial Fortress
4 Nimbus Maze
6 Plains
6 Island

Clearly you play CiP creatures and then bury opponents in virtual CA via Blink effects including Ghostway which can be utterly back-breaking under the right circumstances.

The deck has a surprising amount of longevity thanks to Lark/Blink and I have simply outlasted various games and used my ability to bounce problem permanents to focus players against others numerous times.  It's always good to have a way to simply deal with "anything" even if that way is simply Bounce.

It's a deck that really awards multiplayer skill but also does well in 1-on-1 matches.  It's also a control deck that uses no counterspells.  I can't count how many times I've "wow'd" scrubs by "controlling" without a single counterspell.

*shrug*

It's a fun deck that does a lot despite a simple concept and my opponents tend to like it as much as I like to play it, which is how I like my Magic.

~Rae~
Blink decks are awesome. I've built mine with red for Sneak Attack, burn spells and Izzet Chronarch. In your case, where's Scrivener/Nucklavee? That way, you can get your blink spells/ponder back.
Blink decks are awesome. I've built mine with red for Sneak Attack, burn spells and Izzet Chronarch. In your case, where's Scrivener/Nucklavee? That way, you can get your blink spells/ponder back.

Scrivener does nothing but get me those spells back...Momentary Blink already has Flashback and if I need to cast Ghostway again I've screwed up already...and it costs 4.  Nucklavee costs 6.  For 6 Mana I can Evoke Mulldrifter and cast Ghostway, reblinking all my dudes...which draws me more cards...which is usually more card draw or blink effects or CiP guys which equals more winning the game.

My curve is very low in case you hadn't noticed.
My most recent "pet" deck is my multiplayer Hostility deck.  Breath of Malfegor, Sizzle, Flame Rift.   Just keep piling on the tokens.  Its fun how red burn actually works in multiplayer.  And then if you add a Funace of Rath... each single-mana Lightning Bolt becomes like 18 power worth of damage.  
My most recent "pet" deck is my multiplayer Hostility deck.  Breath of Malfegor, Sizzle, Flame Rift.   Just keep piling on the tokens.  Its fun how red burn actually works in multiplayer.  And then if you add a Funace of Rath... each single-mana Lightning Bolt becomes like 18 power worth of damage.  

More like 36, the damage the tokens deal is doubled too:D And now I'm off building this deck too, I just traded for 3 Hostility (completing my set), and I already had Flame Rift and Sizzle. Now for some Furnaces... *goes away and checks box with playables*
yeah, forgot about that part.  it gets insane.

If you happen to have any Flamekin Harbinger, throw them in.  I don't have any, but I would definitely use them.  The only creature in my deck right now is Hostility.  The rest is all burn spells and a random Shivan Dragon... just for kicks.

I also have a Dogpile in there.  It basically reads "double the number of tokens on the field" which can get crazy.  That's the power of Hostility... it makes DOGPILE playable.  heh.
Thought I'd throw a deck down for you guys to check out:

(unfortunately, this is the best name we have for the deck) "The Artifact Deck":  (60 cards)

Okay, so before you get to the deck, I should give (for those interested anyways) a short explanation of our circle's metagame. In the decks we have, generally speaking there are 5 players in most of our games. Of them, 1 will always use a control deck (usually discard or permanent destruction), then there is a very well tuned rushdown token deck, a player with several infinite combo decks, and then usually 1 or 2 "chill decks." (basically, a chill deck is a deck that sits around chilling all game, waiting for one card to win it for them, though most often they're just fodder for the powerful decks).

Given that metagame, I tried to make my artifact deck as well rounded as I could. Though most decks work best with 4 of everything, I found the best approach (at least for our circle) was to have a deck that could do anything. So, I tried that, and it has so far been a fairly successful deck against most I've played.

This deck has proven very devastating in 1v1's, but is mostly a multiplayer deck. Lemme know what you think!!

creatures: (16)
darksteel colossus X4
myr retriever x4
ornithopter x3
master transmuter x2
master of etherium x1
disciple of the vault x1
platinum angel x1
Filigree sages x1

Well, it's pretty simple what the creature plan is here. Ornithopters for first turn drops, myr retrievers to get graveyard access, master of etherium for boosts, disciple of the vault to own (it should be noted that there was a unanimous decision in our play circle that Disciple of the Vault be restricted to one per deck), platinum angel to own harder, and then the colossus to win.
*Filigree Sages and Master Transmuter are the important creature here.
Master Transmuter gives me the ability to rush out any artifact I have for one blue mana.
Filigree Sages allows me to untap artifacts without tapping him. He's part of my combo, which I explain later.

instants: (2)
spelljack x1
twiddle x1

Spelljack replaced counter-spell, as I found the only things my deck ever needed to counter were spells I wanted to play myself, so spelljack worked out (as it turns out, mana is usually never an issue for me by turn 4 or 5). Twiddle is for the Tolarian Academy.

sorceries:  (11)
thoughtcast x4
fabricate x4
banefire x1
tinker x1
rite of replication x1

Tinker should be in every artifact deck ever, especially any one that has a Darksteel Colossus in it. Quite frankly, there are almost no decks that can deal with a 2nd turn darksteel colossus. Mana vault turn 1, sac the mana vault turn 2, you have an 11/11 indestructible trample on turn 2.
Rite of replication is for copying the darksteel colossus tokens, as blockers are often my weakness. But, having nine 11/11 tokens is always fun.
Thoughtcast and fabricate are for finding the artifacts I want, Banefire is a win condition, since it can't be prevented or countered.

enchantments:  (1)
Treasure trove x1

The only purpose of this card is another way to draw out my deck, specifically because this enchantment (While it costs 2UU to activate) doesn't require me tapping, which is always useful.

artifacts:  (18)
mana vault x1
sol ring x1
voltaic key x1
These 3 are for mana ramping
mycosynth lattice x1
darksteel forge x1
legacy weapon x1
mirror gallery x1
crucible of worlds x1
feldon's cane x1
whispersilk cloak X1
blinkmoth urn x1
cranial plating x1
vorrac battlehorns x1
sensei's divining top x1
expedition map x2
krark clan ironworks x2

I explain the combo usage of some of these cards a bit further on for those interested. Some of them aren't combo cards, but just have obvious uses. Darksteel Forge being the obvious, as it doesn't actually combo me out at all, but indestructible artifacts are pretty much unstoppable.

lands:  (12)
seat of the synod x4
vault of whispers x3
vesuva x2
great furnace x1
academy ruins x1
tolarian academy x1

Mirror Gallery lets me have multiple Tolarian Academies, since I vesuva my own academy. The Vesuva also let's me take advantage of any other lands that might be useful in play.

Important Combos:
-Mycosynth Lattice and Tolarian Academy : The lattice makes every permanent an artifact, as well as all mana colourless, and any colour can be paid for anything. Essentially, with this down, it makes Tolarian Academy an artifact I can tap for Xmana of any colour, X being my artifacts. With the Lattice, I can also voltaic key my academy, for MORE mana.
This is the most important combo in the deck, as all the others base off it.

-Mycosynth Lattice, Tolarian Academy, Filigree Sages :
The activated ability of Filigree Sages costs 2U. So long as you have 4 or more artifacts (which is almost impossible not to be the case in getting these 3 cards down) you have infinite mana. With the Academy now an artifact, you can untap it with filigree sages (at instant speed, not requiring him to tap or be untapped), and do that indefinitely for infinite mana. The most important of all this is that it is mana of any colour. Use this combo with Banefire to do infinite unpreventable, uncounterable damage. The card I really like is Legacy Weapon. With this combo I can pay one of every colour to remove a permanent from the game. What's that, you have 50 tokens? Uh oh, I remove your entire board from the game. Ooops.

Disciple of the Vault, 2x Myr Retriever, Krark Clan Ironworks : Pretty simple, it's the basest of artifact deck combos, and actually the basis of the first ever magic deck I played. (for those who don't know of this combo, I will explain it fast). Krark Clan Ironworks sacrifices a Myr Retriever, which gives you 2 colourless mana. Myr Retriever's ability triggers, and you can return an artifact from your graveyard to your hand. Take back a second Myr Retriever. And re-play. Repeat infinitely. Disciple of the Vault (imho, the most broken common ever printed) allows you to have target opponent lose 1 life every time an artifact goes into a graveyard from play. Since you're infinitely sacrificing your retrievers, you win. (I use whispersilk cloak to protect my disciple early game, Lattice/Forge late game).

SO essentially that's the deck. The focus is to win, obviously, but I tried to give myself lots of ways to do so. While from the outside this deck appears to have no focus, my plan was to use artifacts similarly to slivers, in the sense that I will use abilities from eachother for mass benefit. I'm ideally trying to win everygame with darksteel colossus, but I tried to allow myself some back-up plans.

**I find that my deck could go either very fast or very slow at the start, but it seems to be that within 2 turns of having a Tolarian Academy out I am easily winning the game, especially in 1v1's.

PS- thanks to anyone who actually read through this all!
Where's Nevinyrral's Disk? With Lattice/Forge it gets you "destroy everything" for 1 and a tap.
yeah, forgot about that part.  it gets insane.

If you happen to have any Flamekin Harbinger, throw them in.  I don't have any, but I would definitely use them.  The only creature in my deck right now is Hostility.  The rest is all burn spells and a random Shivan Dragon... just for kicks.

I also have a Dogpile in there.  It basically reads "double the number of tokens on the field" which can get crazy.  That's the power of Hostility... it makes DOGPILE playable.  heh.

I was thinking about Grinning Ignus for some acceleration. But some Harbingers will fit in nicely:D
@Hoju29 Do you find that 12 lands are enough? Do you mulligan aggressively?
Actually, I don't mulligan THAT aggressively. I play in a circle where we're fairly relaxed about mulligans (usually we'll give one without a card penalty). I'm actually putting in another Vesuva into the deck to give me an extra land, but generally I find between Mana Vault, Sol Ring, and Expedition Map I'm never too mana-screwed.
I use Master Transmuter to rush out my high-cost artifacts, and expedition map for my tolarian academy, so it seems to work out alright.

That was the question I was going to pose to anyone who checked this out- I'm adding another Vesuva to the deck, but that requires me to take out one card. Any suggestions?

I'd probably take out a Darksteel Colossus since you can copy him with Rite of Replication. I'd probably take out another Darksteel Colossus for a Mystical Tutor so you can have another way to find your Tinker. I'd also find a place for Sculpting Steel since it can be almost anything in your deck.

You can check out my Goblin Welder deck for some ideas. It has a lot of one ofs so it doesn't get really boring to play. It seems like I'm able to get a Colossus out on turn 2 or 3 very often. One game I was able to get a Colossus on turn 2 and copy him with a Sculpting Steel on turn 3. It made for a very short game.

You can also check out my Arcum Dagsson EDH deck for ideas since I've mashed up a few of my decks into this one. 
My all time favorite MP deck that I can play right now is my Obama (TM) deck that is all about change.  This deck is extremely versatile and can win with or without creatures.  It also plays on any other creature type based decks like slivers, which the local sliver guy hates.  The only thing I might add in the future is a Cryptic Command or three but thats a little expensive for my wallet right now.  The Door of Destiny never stays in play long enough so Cryptic/Counterspell would be a good replacement.

// Mana Sources
3 Crumbling Necropolis
6 Island
1 Reflecting Pool
6 Swamp
2 BU mana battery (can't remember name)
3 Sky Diamond
3 Charcoal Diamond

// Changelings
2 Amoeboid Changeling
3 Moonglove Changeling
3 Cairn Wanderer
3 Shapesharer

// Baddies
1 Dragon Tyrant (To graveyard for Cairn Wanderer)
1 Borderland Behemoth
2 Haakon, Stromgald Scourge
1 Kaervek the Merciless
1 Reaper King
2 Undead Warchief

// Spells
2 Attunement
3 of any: Beseech the Queen / Diabolic tutor / Demonic tutor (1 only)
2 Cryptic Gateway
2 Door of Destinies
3 Peer Pressure
1 Buried Alive
3 Nameless Inversion

I'm waiting on my new MP "Controlled Chaos" deck to arrive.  Hive Mind, Forced Fruition, EotS, Teferi, etc.
My all time favorite MP deck that I can play right now is my Obama (TM) deck that is all about change.  This deck is extremely versatile and can win with or without creatures.  It also plays on any other creature type based decks like slivers, which the local sliver guy hates.  The only thing I might add in the future is a Cryptic Command or three but thats a little expensive for my wallet right now.  The Door of Destiny never stays in play long enough so Cryptic/Counterspell would be a good replacement.

// Mana Sources
3 Crumbling Necropolis
6 Island
1 Reflecting Pool
6 Swamp
3 Sky Diamond
3 Charcoal Diamond

// Changelings
2 Amoeboid Changeling
3 Moonglove Changeling
3 Cairn Wanderer
3 Shapesharer

// Baddies
1 Borderland Behemoth
1 Kaervek the Merciless
1 Reaper King
2 Undead Warchief

// Spells
2 Attunement
2 Cryptic Gateway
2 Door of Destinies
3 Peer Pressure
1 Buried Alive
3 Nameless Inversion

I'm waiting on my new MP "Controlled Chaos" deck to arrive.  Hive Mind, Forced Fruition, EotS, Teferi, etc.

How does that win without creatures? You have pretty much no other permanents. Oh and could you perhaps post a decklist of that controlled chaos deck? I would like some ideas of my own:D
The Changelings are all creatures, and allow him to steal global creature abilities, it's a pretty decent strategy I think...

Do you find this deck successful?

// Mana Sources
3 Crumbling Necropolis
6 Island
1 Reflecting Pool
6 Swamp
3 Sky Diamond
3 Charcoal Diamond

// Changelings
2 Amoeboid Changeling
3 Moonglove Changeling
3 Cairn Wanderer
3 Shapesharer

// Baddies
1 Borderland Behemoth
1 Kaervek the Merciless
1 Reaper King
2 Undead Warchief

// Spells
2 Attunement
2 Cryptic Gateway
2 Door of Destinies
3 Peer Pressure
1 Buried Alive
3 Nameless Inversion

Given the red in the deck, I have two recommendations.  The first is the best of the Changelings for an MP deck. Taurean Mauler is the best MP Changeling as it grows every time someone else plays a spell and it has Trample for once it gets huge.

Also, another MP card that might help (though forseeably a bit off theme), is Breath of Malfegor.
Here's my favorite deck:

Lands:
1x Arcane Sanctum
1x Crumbling Necropolis
1x Dragonskull Summit
1x Eiganjo Castle
1x Fetid Heath
1x Forbidden Orchard
4x Godless Shrine
1x Maze of Ith
1x Mikokoro, Center of the Sea
2x Mystic Gate
2x Reflecting Pool
2x Rupture Spire
1x Shizo, Death's Storehouse
1x Tainted Field
1x Tolaria West
1x Volrath's Stronghold
2x Water Grave

Creatures:
2x Adarkar Valkyrie
1x Akroma, Angel of Wrath
1x Blood Tyrant
1x Ink-Eyes, Servant of Oni
1x Inkwell Leviathan
1x Oona, Queen of the Fae
1x Sphinx Sovereign
1x Yosei, the Morning Star

Spells:
2x Akroma's Vengeance
1x Aura of Silence
1x Chandra Nalaar
1x Coalition Relic
1x Cruel Ultimatium
2x Damnation
1x Darksteel Ingot
1x Demonic Tutor
1x Fact of Fiction
1x Jace Beleren
2x Mortify
2x Path to Exile
1x Polluted Bonds
1x Phyrexian Arena
2x Seal of Doom
2x Spirit Loop
1x Sol Ring
3x Swords to Plowshares
1x Vampiric Tutor
1x Wrath of God

I have to admit, I'm from the Alongy school of MP magic. I drop Rattlesnakes (Seal of doom) after I Gorrila the board (Akroma's Vengeance) and I use a little bit of Plankton (Jace, Mikokoro) to fuel my Spiders (Path, Swords). This deck wins more than it should, but my group knows it and fears it, so I need to play differently than I usually do. Also they like that Path on my few creatures won't get me a land, and they joke about running random copies of the Anathemancer to burn me- no one has so I'm pretty good with the lands so far. I wish I could squeeze my fetchlands into this, but they are elsewhere and the damage would be a bit much with the shocklands. Also with all the 1 and 2 ofs the deck is suprisingly consistent. I think it is becasue most of the cards have the same effect (damnation and wog).

Face it, you're pretty much here as a meat shield.

If you are at Georgian Court Univeristy or Monmouth Univeristy PM me. If you are out by York College of PA, I can help you reach the group there.

Here's my favorite deck:

Lands:
1x Arcane Sanctum
1x Crumbling Necropolis
1x Dragonskull Summit
1x Eiganjo Castle
1x Fetid Heath
1x Forbidden Orchard
4x Godless Shrine
1x Maze of Ith
1x Mikokoro, Center of the Sea
2x Mystic Gate
2x Reflecting Pool
2x Rupture Spire
1x Shizo, Death's Storehouse
1x Tainted Field
1x Tolaria West
1x Volrath's Stronghold
2x Water Grave

Creatures:
2x Adarkar Valkyrie
1x Akroma, Angel of Wrath
1x Blood Tyrant
1x Ink-Eyes, Servant of Oni
1x Inkwell Leviathan
1x Oona, Queen of the Fae
1x Sphinx Sovereign
1x Yosei, the Morning Star

Spells:
2x Akroma's Vengeance
1x Aura of Silence
1x Chandra Nalaar
1x Coalition Relic
1x Cruel Ultimatium
2x Damnation
1x Darksteel Ingot
1x Demonic Tutor
1x Fact of Fiction
1x Jace Beleren
2x Mortify
2x Path to Exile
1x Polluted Bonds
1x Phyrexian Arena
2x Seal of Doom
2x Spirit Loop
1x Sol Ring
3x Swords to Plowshares
1x Vampiric Tutor
1x Wrath of God

I have to admit, I'm from the Alongy school of MP magic. I drop Rattlesnakes (Seal of doom) after I Gorrila the board (Akroma's Vengeance) and I use a little bit of Plankton (Jace, Mikokoro) to fuel my Spiders (Path, Swords). This deck wins more than it should, but my group knows it and fears it, so I need to play differently than I usually do. Also they like that Path on my few creatures won't get me a land, and they joke about running random copies of the Anathemancer to burn me- no one has so I'm pretty good with the lands so far. I wish I could squeeze my fetchlands into this, but they are elsewhere and the damage would be a bit much with the shocklands. Also with all the 1 and 2 ofs the deck is suprisingly consistent. I think it is becasue most of the cards have the same effect (damnation and wog).

The tutors really help this deck. Maybe you could play some more (Diabolic Tutor/Beseech the Queen) in favor of the Polluted Bonds? That card seems a little random. And how often do let the Watery Graves ETB untapped? Because if it isn't that much, they are probably better replaced by more Crumbling Necropolis.
I really like the look of this deck. It seems very random, but when you start looking there's so much carddraw and tutoring that I can't help to think this is a very strong deck. 
I think I will change the Watery Grave to the Crumbling Necropolis. I just have an irrational fear of drawing nothing cut ETB tapped lands. Although a lot less than I actually thought do that so...yeah, it's irrational.

I think the change from Polluted Bonds to a tutor is good, but I get attack a lot and the little bit of life gain from the Bonds really helps me. I really should get my hands on a Subversion or something like that.

If you are at Georgian Court Univeristy or Monmouth Univeristy PM me. If you are out by York College of PA, I can help you reach the group there.

I think I will change the Watery Grave to the Crumbling Necropolis. I just have an irrational fear of drawing nothing cut ETB tapped lands. Although a lot less than I actually thought do that so...yeah, it's irrational.

I think the change from Polluted Bonds to a tutor is good, but I get attack a lot and the little bit of life gain from the Bonds really helps me. I really should get my hands on a Subversion or something like that.

You could either play something cheap like Syphon Soul or Sun Droplet, or get some fatties with lifelink in there. Or Loxodon Warhammer.
My group will kill me for using Sun Dropplet, I already have life gain that requires creatures so I want to avoid the Warhammer. Syphon Soul could be a good choice. Although Since I'd have just 1 I think it should be something stronger...I could try to get a Congregate? Personally I hate that card.

My group will kill me for using Sun Dropplet, I already have life gain that requires creatures so I want to avoid the Warhammer. Syphon Soul could be a good choice. Although Since I'd have just 1 I think it should be something stronger...I could try to get a Congregate? Personally I hate that card.

How about Deathgreeter or Urborg, Syphon-Mage? Although they're fragile you have ways of getting them back. Plus if the Deathgreeter dies from a board sweeper you still gain the life from all of the other creatures hitting the graveyard.
I think they will get killed by my own removal too much. Deathgreeter is too weak to do anything in this deck. He'll get killed before I can get any life from his ability and the Syphon-Mage will never be allowed to go active.

I am my groups resident threat and this deck is the one that they all fear. The Deathgreeter and Syphon-Mage can't do enough fast enough for me I fear. My group is really low on artifact/enchantment removal, but then again I will just blast it with my own Akroma's Venegance.

Please keep the suggestions coming!

I think they will get killed by my own removal too much. Deathgreeter is too weak to do anything in this deck. He'll get killed before I can get any life from his ability and the Syphon-Mage will never be allowed to go active.

I am my groups resident threat and this deck is the one that they all fear. The Deathgreeter and Syphon-Mage can't do enough fast enough for me I fear. My group is really low on artifact/enchantment removal, but then again I will just blast it with my own Akroma's Venegance.

Please keep the suggestions coming!

You WILL gain the life if mass removal hits the Deathgreeter so the only way it wouldn't be effective is if someone kills it in response. Even then you can get it back with your Stronghold and try again.

If there are 20 creatures out and you play Deathgreeter and then Wrath you just gained 20 life. Not bad for a one casting cost creature that you can recur with your Stronghold. Even if you only gain 5 life a pop with it I think it would be worth it. Just hold it until you want to Wrath.

The only case where I can see this being bad is when there are only ever one or two other creatures in play.
The only case where I can see this being bad is when there are only ever one or two other creatures in play.

But in that case, why would you want to play removal? 2 other creatures are hardly a threat. Plus, we are only talking about a singleton here.