12/14/2009 MM: "The Revenge of Mons"

47 posts / 0 new
Last post

This thread is for discussion of this week's Making Magic, which goes live Monday morning on magicthegathering.com.

MaRo really knows how to push my buttons.
I love Krark-Clan Engineers.  It's one of my favorite cards, mostly because of it being a Goblin and an Engineer.  I have a foil one signed by Pete Venters.  I requested that he write my name and point to one of the goblins and then sign his name and point to the other.  According to him, I am the Goblin with the big wrench (the Goblin in my avatar pic).  That goblin is FearOfTheDark, so remember that.  If MaRo wants my real name to pass along the story, I will gladly give it.

Getting the card signed in that way is the coolest Magic even to have ever happend to me, and I am very grateful to Mr. Venters for signing my card like that.
Fear Of The Dark, Fear Of The Dark, I Have A Constant Fear That Something's Always Near; Fear Of The Dark, Fear Of The Dark, I Have A Phobia That Someone's Always There- Iron Maiden Fear of the Dark shall be feared no longer! Let him be praised instead! (Many, many thanks for all your hard work!) - darkwarlock I am Red/Green
I am Red/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both instinctive and emotional. I value my own instincts and desires, and either ignore or crush anything that stands in my way; planning and foresight are unnecessary. At best, I'm determined and fierce; at worst, I'm headstrong and infantile.
Check out my DnD blog! www.artificersintuition.blogspot.com
Okay, so throughout the levelarticle are pitsbuttons. If you fall intoclick them, you have to restart the levelarticle, walkingscrolling through its massive-ass featureless terrain. On top of that, one is frequently knocked intoprovoked into clicking the pitbutton
Did you just create that one level in article form?

Zammm = Batman.

It's my sig in a box
58280208 wrote:
Everything is better when you read it in Bane's voice.
192334281 wrote:
Your human antics and desire to continue living have moved me. Just kidding. You cannot move me physically or emotionally. Wall humor.
57092228 wrote:
Copy effects work like a photocopy machine: you get a copy of the 'naked' card, NOT of what's on it.
56995928 wrote:
Funny story: InQuest Magazine (I think it was InQuest) had an oversized Chaos Orb which I totally rooked someone into allowing into a (non-sanctioned) game. I had a proxy card that was a Mountain with "Chaos Orb" written on it. When I played it, my opponent cried foul: Him: "WTF? a Proxy? no-one said anything about Proxies. Do you even own an actual Chaos Orb?" Me: "Yes, but I thought it would be better to use a Proxy." Him: "No way. If you're going to put a Chaos Orb in your deck you have to use your actual Chaos Orb." Me: "*Sigh*. Okay." I pulled out this huge Chaos Orb and placed it on the table. He tried to cry foul again but everyone else said he insisted I use my actual Chaos Orb and that was my actual Chaos Orb. I used it, flipped it and wiped most of his board. Unsurprisingly, that only worked once and only because everyone present thought it was hilarious.
My DM on Battleminds:
no, see i can kill defenders, but 8 consecutive crits on a battlemind, eh walk it off.
144543765 wrote:
195392035 wrote:
Hi guys! So, I'm a sort of returning player to Magic. I say sort of because as a child I had two main TCG's I liked. Yu-Gi-Oh, and Pokemon. Some of my friends branched off in to Magic, and I bought two pre-made decks just to kind of fit in. Like I said, Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon were what I really knew how to play. I have a extensive knowledge of deck building in those two TCG's. However, as far as Magic is concerned, I only ever used those two pre made decks. I know how the game is played, and I know general things, but now I want to get in the game for real. I want to begin playing it as a regular. My question is, are all cards ever released from the time of the inception of this game until present day fair game in a deck? Or are there special rules? Are some cards forbidden or restricted? Thanks guys, and I will gladly accept ANY help lol.
I have the same problem with women.
117639611 wrote:
198869283 wrote:
Oh I have a standing rule. If someone plays a Planeswalker I concede the game. I refuse to play with or against people who play Planeswalkers. They really did ruin the game.
A turn two Tibalt win?! Wicked... Betcha don't see that everyday.

The Pony Co. 

Is this my new ego sig? Yes it is, other Barry
57461258 wrote:
And that's why you should never, ever call RP Jesus on being a troll, because then everyone else playing along gets outed, too, and the thread goes back to being boring.
57461258 wrote:
See, this is why RPJesus should be in charge of the storyline. The novel line would never have been cancelled if he had been running the show. Specifically the Slobad and Geth's Head talkshow he just described.
57461258 wrote:
Not only was that an obligatory joke, it was an on-topic post that still managed to be off-topic due to thread derailment. RP Jesus does it again folks.
92481331 wrote:
I think I'm gonna' start praying to Jesus... That's right, RPJesus, I'm gonna' be praying to you, right now. O' Jesus Please continue to make my time here on the forums fun and cause me to chuckle. Amen.
92481331 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
It was wonderful. Us Johnnies had a field day. That Timmy with the Grizzly bears would actually have to think about swinging into your Mogg Fanatic, giving you time to set up your silly combo. Nowadays it's all DERPSWING! with thier blue jeans and their MP3 players and their EM EM OH AR PEE JEES and their "Dewmocracy" and their children's card games and their Jersey Shores and their Tattooed Tenaged Vampire Hunters from Beverly Hills
Seriously, that was amazing. I laughed my *ss off. Made my day, and I just woke up.
[quote=ArtVenn You're still one of my favorite people... just sayin'.[/quote]
56756068 wrote:
56786788 wrote:
.....would it be a bit blasphemous if I said, "PRAYSE RPJAYSUS!" like an Evangelical preacher?
Perhaps, but who doesn't like to blaspheme every now and again? Especially when Mr. RPJesus is completely right.
56756068 wrote:
I don't say this often, but ... LOL
57526128 wrote:
You... You... Evil something... I actualy made the damn char once I saw the poster... Now you made me see it again and I gained resolve to put it into my campaign. Shell be high standing oficial of Cyrix order. Uterly mad and only slightly evil. And it'll be bad. Evil even. And ill blame you and Lizard for it :P.
57042968 wrote:
111809331 wrote:
I'm trying to work out if you're being sarcastic here. ...
Am going to stop you right there... it's RPJesus... he's always sarcastic
58335208 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
112114441 wrote:
we can only hope it gets the jace treatment...it could have at least been legendary
So that even the decks that don't run it run it to deal with it? Isn't that like the definition of format warping?
I lol'd.
56287226 wrote:
98088088 wrote:
Uktabi Orangutan What the heck's going on with those monkeys?
The most common answer is that they are what RPJesus would call "[Debutantes avert your eyes]ing."
56965458 wrote:
Show
57461258 wrote:
116498949 wrote:
I’ve removed content from this thread because off-topic discussions are a violation of the Code of Conduct. You can review the Code here: www.wizards.com/Company/About.aspx?x=wz_... Please keep your posts polite, on-topic, and refrain from making personal attacks. You are welcome to disagree with one another but please do so respectfully and constructively. If you wish to report a post for Code of Conduct violation, click on the “Report Post” button above the post and this will submit your report to the moderators on duty.
...Am I the only one that thinks this is reaching the point of downright Kafkaesque insanity?
I condone the use of the word Kafkaesque. However, I'm presentely ambivalent. I mean, that can't be serious, right? We're April 1st, right? They didn't mod RPJesus for off-topic discussion when the WHOLE THREAD IS OFF-TOPIC, right? Right.
57545908 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
Save or die. If you disagree with this, you're wrong (Not because of any points or arguements that have been made, but I just rolled a d20 for you and got a 1, so you lose).
58397368 wrote:
58222628 wrote:
This just won the argument, AFAIC.
That's just awesome.
57471038 wrote:
57718868 wrote:
HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THE BEAR PRODUCING WORDS OF WILDING?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!
That's what RPJesus tends to do. That's why I don't think he's a real person, but some Magic Card Archive Server sort of machine, that is programmed to react to other posters' comments with obscure cards that do in fact exist, but somehow missed by even the most experienced Magic players. And then come up with strange combos with said cards. All of that is impossible for a normal human to do given the amount of time he does it and how often he does it. He/It got me with Light of Sanction, which prompted me to go to RQ&A to try and find if it was even possible to do combat damage to a creature I control (in light that Mark of Asylum exists).
71235715 wrote:
+10
100176878 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
57078538 wrote:
heaven or hell.
Round 1. Lets rock.
GG quotes! RPJesus just made this thread win!
56906968 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
143359585 wrote:
Blue players get all the overpowerered cards like JTMS. I think it's time that wizards gave something to people who remember what magic is really about: creatures.
Initially yes, Wizards was married to blue. However, about a decade ago they had a nasty divorce, and a few years after that they began courting the attention of Green. Then in Worldwake they had a nasty affair with their ex, but as of Innistrad, things seem to have gotten back on track, and Wizards has even proposed.
You are my favorite. Yes you. And moments like this make it so. Thank you RPJesus for just being you.
On what flavor text fits me:
57307308 wrote:
Surely RPJesus gets Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius?
56874518 wrote:
First: I STILL can't take you seriously with that avatar. And I can take RPJesus seriously, so that's saying something.
121689989 wrote:
I'd offer you a cookie for making me laugh but it has an Upkeep Cost that has been known to cause people to quit eating.
56267956 wrote:
I <3 you loads
57400888 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
"AINT NO LAWS IN THE SKY MOTHER****." - Agrus Kos, Wojek Veteran
10/10. Amazing.
Okay, so throughout the levelarticle are pitsbuttons. If you fall intoclick them, you have to restart the levelarticle, walkingscrolling through its massive-ass featureless terrain. On top of that, one is frequently knocked intoprovoked into clicking the pitbutton
Did you just create that one level in article form?

That's our MaRo!
Another day, another three or four entries to my Ignore List.
Now I'm glad I didn't push the button.

Oh, and MaRo...you are a cruel, cruel tease of a writer. "Want to see that paragraph without 'Goblin'?" Grrr! Your new nickname is "Nabokov!"
You *might* want to go back and push the final button.

Nothing OMG huge, but a tantalizing morsel nonetheless.
I'm also noticing a surprising overlap between goblins and scientists .

Zammm = Batman.

It's my sig in a box
58280208 wrote:
Everything is better when you read it in Bane's voice.
192334281 wrote:
Your human antics and desire to continue living have moved me. Just kidding. You cannot move me physically or emotionally. Wall humor.
57092228 wrote:
Copy effects work like a photocopy machine: you get a copy of the 'naked' card, NOT of what's on it.
56995928 wrote:
Funny story: InQuest Magazine (I think it was InQuest) had an oversized Chaos Orb which I totally rooked someone into allowing into a (non-sanctioned) game. I had a proxy card that was a Mountain with "Chaos Orb" written on it. When I played it, my opponent cried foul: Him: "WTF? a Proxy? no-one said anything about Proxies. Do you even own an actual Chaos Orb?" Me: "Yes, but I thought it would be better to use a Proxy." Him: "No way. If you're going to put a Chaos Orb in your deck you have to use your actual Chaos Orb." Me: "*Sigh*. Okay." I pulled out this huge Chaos Orb and placed it on the table. He tried to cry foul again but everyone else said he insisted I use my actual Chaos Orb and that was my actual Chaos Orb. I used it, flipped it and wiped most of his board. Unsurprisingly, that only worked once and only because everyone present thought it was hilarious.
My DM on Battleminds:
no, see i can kill defenders, but 8 consecutive crits on a battlemind, eh walk it off.
144543765 wrote:
195392035 wrote:
Hi guys! So, I'm a sort of returning player to Magic. I say sort of because as a child I had two main TCG's I liked. Yu-Gi-Oh, and Pokemon. Some of my friends branched off in to Magic, and I bought two pre-made decks just to kind of fit in. Like I said, Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon were what I really knew how to play. I have a extensive knowledge of deck building in those two TCG's. However, as far as Magic is concerned, I only ever used those two pre made decks. I know how the game is played, and I know general things, but now I want to get in the game for real. I want to begin playing it as a regular. My question is, are all cards ever released from the time of the inception of this game until present day fair game in a deck? Or are there special rules? Are some cards forbidden or restricted? Thanks guys, and I will gladly accept ANY help lol.
I have the same problem with women.
117639611 wrote:
198869283 wrote:
Oh I have a standing rule. If someone plays a Planeswalker I concede the game. I refuse to play with or against people who play Planeswalkers. They really did ruin the game.
A turn two Tibalt win?! Wicked... Betcha don't see that everyday.

The Pony Co. 

Is this my new ego sig? Yes it is, other Barry
57461258 wrote:
And that's why you should never, ever call RP Jesus on being a troll, because then everyone else playing along gets outed, too, and the thread goes back to being boring.
57461258 wrote:
See, this is why RPJesus should be in charge of the storyline. The novel line would never have been cancelled if he had been running the show. Specifically the Slobad and Geth's Head talkshow he just described.
57461258 wrote:
Not only was that an obligatory joke, it was an on-topic post that still managed to be off-topic due to thread derailment. RP Jesus does it again folks.
92481331 wrote:
I think I'm gonna' start praying to Jesus... That's right, RPJesus, I'm gonna' be praying to you, right now. O' Jesus Please continue to make my time here on the forums fun and cause me to chuckle. Amen.
92481331 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
It was wonderful. Us Johnnies had a field day. That Timmy with the Grizzly bears would actually have to think about swinging into your Mogg Fanatic, giving you time to set up your silly combo. Nowadays it's all DERPSWING! with thier blue jeans and their MP3 players and their EM EM OH AR PEE JEES and their "Dewmocracy" and their children's card games and their Jersey Shores and their Tattooed Tenaged Vampire Hunters from Beverly Hills
Seriously, that was amazing. I laughed my *ss off. Made my day, and I just woke up.
[quote=ArtVenn You're still one of my favorite people... just sayin'.[/quote]
56756068 wrote:
56786788 wrote:
.....would it be a bit blasphemous if I said, "PRAYSE RPJAYSUS!" like an Evangelical preacher?
Perhaps, but who doesn't like to blaspheme every now and again? Especially when Mr. RPJesus is completely right.
56756068 wrote:
I don't say this often, but ... LOL
57526128 wrote:
You... You... Evil something... I actualy made the damn char once I saw the poster... Now you made me see it again and I gained resolve to put it into my campaign. Shell be high standing oficial of Cyrix order. Uterly mad and only slightly evil. And it'll be bad. Evil even. And ill blame you and Lizard for it :P.
57042968 wrote:
111809331 wrote:
I'm trying to work out if you're being sarcastic here. ...
Am going to stop you right there... it's RPJesus... he's always sarcastic
58335208 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
112114441 wrote:
we can only hope it gets the jace treatment...it could have at least been legendary
So that even the decks that don't run it run it to deal with it? Isn't that like the definition of format warping?
I lol'd.
56287226 wrote:
98088088 wrote:
Uktabi Orangutan What the heck's going on with those monkeys?
The most common answer is that they are what RPJesus would call "[Debutantes avert your eyes]ing."
56965458 wrote:
Show
57461258 wrote:
116498949 wrote:
I’ve removed content from this thread because off-topic discussions are a violation of the Code of Conduct. You can review the Code here: www.wizards.com/Company/About.aspx?x=wz_... Please keep your posts polite, on-topic, and refrain from making personal attacks. You are welcome to disagree with one another but please do so respectfully and constructively. If you wish to report a post for Code of Conduct violation, click on the “Report Post” button above the post and this will submit your report to the moderators on duty.
...Am I the only one that thinks this is reaching the point of downright Kafkaesque insanity?
I condone the use of the word Kafkaesque. However, I'm presentely ambivalent. I mean, that can't be serious, right? We're April 1st, right? They didn't mod RPJesus for off-topic discussion when the WHOLE THREAD IS OFF-TOPIC, right? Right.
57545908 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
Save or die. If you disagree with this, you're wrong (Not because of any points or arguements that have been made, but I just rolled a d20 for you and got a 1, so you lose).
58397368 wrote:
58222628 wrote:
This just won the argument, AFAIC.
That's just awesome.
57471038 wrote:
57718868 wrote:
HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THE BEAR PRODUCING WORDS OF WILDING?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!
That's what RPJesus tends to do. That's why I don't think he's a real person, but some Magic Card Archive Server sort of machine, that is programmed to react to other posters' comments with obscure cards that do in fact exist, but somehow missed by even the most experienced Magic players. And then come up with strange combos with said cards. All of that is impossible for a normal human to do given the amount of time he does it and how often he does it. He/It got me with Light of Sanction, which prompted me to go to RQ&A to try and find if it was even possible to do combat damage to a creature I control (in light that Mark of Asylum exists).
71235715 wrote:
+10
100176878 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
57078538 wrote:
heaven or hell.
Round 1. Lets rock.
GG quotes! RPJesus just made this thread win!
56906968 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
143359585 wrote:
Blue players get all the overpowerered cards like JTMS. I think it's time that wizards gave something to people who remember what magic is really about: creatures.
Initially yes, Wizards was married to blue. However, about a decade ago they had a nasty divorce, and a few years after that they began courting the attention of Green. Then in Worldwake they had a nasty affair with their ex, but as of Innistrad, things seem to have gotten back on track, and Wizards has even proposed.
You are my favorite. Yes you. And moments like this make it so. Thank you RPJesus for just being you.
On what flavor text fits me:
57307308 wrote:
Surely RPJesus gets Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius?
56874518 wrote:
First: I STILL can't take you seriously with that avatar. And I can take RPJesus seriously, so that's saying something.
121689989 wrote:
I'd offer you a cookie for making me laugh but it has an Upkeep Cost that has been known to cause people to quit eating.
56267956 wrote:
I <3 you loads
57400888 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
"AINT NO LAWS IN THE SKY MOTHER****." - Agrus Kos, Wojek Veteran
10/10. Amazing.
More to the point, Bazaar Trader hath unveiled the Worldwake expansion symbol, and we know there is goblins in them there parts!  Two mana 1/1s in the goblin universe have usually held some quirky abilities, and I am betting this gentleman is no exception.
While this probably belongs in Future Set Speculation, I really hope it has some kind of Illicit Auction control bidding mechanic. I love that stuff.
MaRo really knows how to push my buttons.

What happens when someone pushes those buttons?

Not a goblin. But I do think they are hilarious.

(Okay, later today I will return to that page and try the buttons. But I am going to resist for a couple of hours just to stick out my tongue at Mr. Rosewater.)

What happens when someone pushes those buttons?

Most of them screw up the screen.  One of them is a preview card instead.
Woah, i love BUTTONS! specially the 'glitchy' ones!
So Rosewater managed to write an annoying article even without constantly talking about his past, family, terribly-templated cards, and other unrelated bullshit. Interesting.

EDIT: Also,
At what point did you figure out I wasn't repeating this joke again?

Somewhere around the time I actually checked the source of the page, so I don't keep clicking the button like a tool. Or a goblin for that matter.
Great article - I'm glad all of my button-pushing paid off in the end. I've been reading MaRo for years and I knew he wouldn't let me down.
Also, it seems like one of the mechanics for Rise of the Eldrazi will be similar to the goblin mechanic from the Goblin shard in Goblins of Goblin!
Check out my Multiplayer Magic articles on the new site http://www.gatheringmagic.com/
In seven years, this was the second column I haven't read. (The first as you might have guessed was the one with all the links in it -- the name escapes me at the moment.)

Maro: It was mildly funny and slightly annoying the first time you did this column. Now its just plain annoying.
This is not my sig.
This column was hilarious, full of cool content, and genius.

Great article.
That was a great read (:
One of my favourite articles on mtg.  Awesome   And not just because of the preview card.
Two hours after the article goes up, and not a single attempt yet to translate the goblinized paragraph? I expected this thread to be full of attempts.

My first pass:

*Rise* of the *Eldrazi* is going to be a *set* built around the *Eldrazi* *(creatures?)*, all of which have no *(colour? cost?)* and are *huge*. For example, there are two *Eldrazi* at *common*, the *smaller* of which is 7/7. All of the *Eldrazi* have a new *keyword* called *[NAME OF NEW MECHANIC] ([NONM] from here on in)*. *Creatures* with *[NONM]* have a *number*; whenever a *creature* with *[SOMETHING]* *attacks*, the *controlling* *player* must *sacrifice* that many *creatures*. The *Eldrazi* are very *strong* but there are *cards* that can create 0/1 *tokens* called *[GAH]* *[BLAH]* that can be *(tapped? sacrificed?)* to *add* one *[NONM]* *number* to your *opponent's* *card* and will help you be able to *handle* the *Eldrazi*. In addition, the *set* has a new *mechanic* called *[TWO WORD MECHANIC NAME], or [TWMN]*. You may spend *life* on *something* with *[TWMN]* to improve their *no idea here* and *or here*. This Limited *environment* is much *slower* than the one in *Zendikar*.

Asterisks mark off words that appeared as "goblin" or "goblins" in the original. Absence of a question mark should certainly not be read as implying complete certainty on my part, although some of them are pretty obvious.
great column,

must ... resist ... urge aaah, %$#*@&, back, forward and lets continu.
Kamikazegerbil wrote: Coke Spill Level 1 Encounter Attack Power Trigger: You must be pouring yourself a drink Range: Close Blast 1D10 from Player Target: All creatures and objects within blast Attack: Any vs. Reflex Hit: 1d6 Fizzy damage and target is wet (save ends) Aftereffect: Target is sticky (save ends)
You put the WWK_Card at #3, ahead of CoP: Red, Mons? Sheesh. I'd stick it at #4 behind CoP:Red but firmly ahead of Pyroclasm.
Kenneth Nagle Game Designer Wizards of the Coast
More to the point, Bazaar Trader hath unveiled the Worldwake expansion symbol, and we know there is goblins in them there parts!  Two mana 1/1s in the goblin universe have usually held some quirky abilities, and I am betting this gentleman is no exception.

The Worldwake expansion symbol has been revealed for weeks.
Two hours after the article goes up, and not a single attempt yet to translate the goblinized paragraph? I expected this thread to be full of attempts.

We've been speculating over on MTGSalavation, but here's my attempt:

(Rise) of the (Eldrazi) is going to be a (set) built around the (Eldrazi) (Titans), all of which have no (cost) and are (colorless). For example, there are two (Titans) at (0), the (smaller/larger) of which is 7/7. All of the (Titans) have a new (ability) called (bloodprice). (Creatures) with (bloodprice) have a (drawback); whenever a (creature) with (bloodprice) (attacks), the (contolling) (player) must (sacrifice) that many (creatures). The (Titans) are very (costly) but there are (cards) that can create 0/1 (tokens) called (Titan) (Fodder) that can be (sacrificed) to (add) one (colorless) (mana) to your (mana) (pool) and will help you be able to (feed) the (Titans). In addition, the (set) has a new (keyword) called (channel) (essence). You may spend (life) on (creatures) with (channel) (essence) to improve their (power) and (toughness). This Limited (Channel) is much (cooler) than the one in (Alpha).

(Rise) of the (Eldrazi) is going to be a (set) built around the (Eldrazi) (Titans), all of which have no (cost) and are (colorless). For example, there are two (Titans) at (0), the (smaller/larger) of which is 7/7. All of the (Titans) have a new (ability) called (bloodprice). (Creatures) with (bloodprice) have a (drawback); whenever a (creature) with (bloodprice) (attacks), the (contolling) (player) must (sacrifice) that many (creatures). The (Titans) are very (costly) but there are (cards) that can create 0/1 (tokens) called (Titan) (Fodder) that can be (sacrificed) to (add) one (colorless) (mana) to your (mana) (pool) and will help you be able to (feed) the (Titans). In addition, the (set) has a new (keyword) called (channel) (essence). You may spend (life) on (creatures) with (channel) (essence) to improve their (power) and (toughness). This Limited (Channel) is much (cooler) than the one in (Alpha).

Oh wow that's making a lot of sense! The only thing I'd change would be the last part, to:
This Limited (Hatred) is much (cooler) than the one in (Exodus).
=)
Haha loved it, haven't laughed that hard reading just about anything in a while.  What made it even worse is I did click the button Squee would have clicked another 10 times because I clicked too fast the first time.

Anyway have a good break, Merry Christmas, Happy New Year Maro and all.
5 star article there Mr. Rosewater. I laughed at myself for clicking all those buttons.
Manaug.gif | Manawu.gif | Manau.gif | Manaub.gif | Manaur.gif

I think this is close, but I speculate that the 'Titan' ability will require a sacrifice of lands, not creatures.

Here is my adaptation:

(Rise) of the (Eldrazi) is going to be a (set) built around the (Eldrazi) (Titans), all of which have no (color) and are (artifacts). For example, there are two (Titans) at (5), the (larger) of which is 7/7. All of the (Titans) have a new (ability) called (landscorch). (Creatures) with (landscorch) have a (drawback); whenever a (creature) with (landscorch) (attacks), the (contolling) (player) must (sacrifice) that many (lands). The (Titans) are very (costly) but there are (cards) that can create 0/1 (tokens) called (mana) (shards) that can be (sacrificed) to (add) one (colorless) (mana) to your (mana) (pool) and will help you be able to (cast) the (Titans). In addition, the (set) has a new (keyword) called (channel) (essence). You may spend (life) on (creatures) with (channel) (essence) to improve their (power) and (toughness). This Limited (Channel) is much (cooler) than the one in (Alpha).
I'll just say this, when I see massive scrolling, I swear it must have been some immature child spawn of the internet wrote it.  Dodge the traps to find the preview for the next set har har har.  I didn't bother to read it all since well I can only assume from the last line I read that this article can't be that good.
(Rise) of the (Eldrazi) is going to be a (set) built around the (Eldrazi) (Titans), all of which have no (cost) and are (colorless). For example, there are two (Titans) at (0), the (smaller/larger) of which is 7/7.

That doesn't quite make sense.  You say they all have no cost; then you say there are two with a cost of 0.  I agree with tbarrie that it's probably "there are two (Titans/Eldrazi) at (common)."
This Limited (Channel) is much (cooler) than the one in (Alpha).

The fact that "Limited" is capitalized makes me inclined to think that it's not used in the more general descriptive form. I'm more inclined to think it's the something closer to the previous poster's:
This Limited *environment* is much *slower* than the one in *Zendikar*.

In other words, I think he's talking about Rise of the Eldrazi Limited. I could go either way what the second word would be though: faster, slower, etc.
MTG Rules Advisor
(Rise) of the (Eldrazi) is going to be a (set) built around the (Eldrazi) (Titans), all of which have no (cost) and are (colorless). For example, there are two (Titans) at (0), the (smaller/larger) of which is 7/7.

That doesn't quite make sense.  You say they all have no cost; then you say there are two with a cost of 0.  I agree with tbarrie that it's probably "there are two (Titans/Eldrazi) at (common)."

0 is no cost.

But I'm starting to think it's "no (color) and are (indestructible)."
ooh, indestrutible... good call, I agree.
This was a fun article.  I did a double take on the button that had to be clicked twice:
click
start to scroll
pause
scroll back up
CLICK!
Has anyone else noticed, that in the Goblinised form (after clicking the doooooooom button), that the VERY last line reads, "If you can read this Congratulations! You have WAY too much time on your hands."

:D

Oh how I wish I did MaRo; Oh how I wish...
Normally I'm not all that interested in the Making Magic articles but this one was great! Had lots of fun reading it.
Grow old or die trying.
i clicked it twice, and when it did the same thing i stopped clicking. then at the end i scrolled back up and clicked the last button. i certainly have some red in me (usually when dealing with people directly) but here the blue in me chose rationality and a scientific approach.

i wish there had been a poll at the end. i'd be interested to see how many people clicked every time and how many stopped at some point.

0 is no cost.

the converted mana cost of a card whose cost is 0 and a card with no cost are the same, but the two are NOT the same thing. ancestral vision and evermind have no mana cost. pact of negation and ornithopter, on the other hand, have a mana cost (it is 0).
My bet Return(or)rise of the Myr for the title in fancy letters.

Also for the whole paragraph could not make a fluent paragraph but im even more certain it reads. 

In addition, the  Set     has a new   planeswalker    called    blah         .

I won the article! I clicked on only the first button and the last.

(Rise) of the (Eldrazi) is going to be a (set) built around the (Eldrazi) (Titans), all of which have no (color) and are (artifacts). For example, there are two (Titans) at (5), the (larger) of which is 7/7. All of the (Titans) have a new (ability) called (landscorch). (Creatures) with (landscorch) have a (drawback); whenever a (creature) with (landscorch) (attacks), the (contolling) (player) must (sacrifice) that many (lands). The (Titans) are very (costly) but there are (cards) that can create 0/1 (tokens) called (mana) (shards) that can be (sacrificed) to (add) one (colorless) (mana) to your (mana) (pool) and will help you be able to (cast) the (Titans). In addition, the (set) has a new (keyword) called (channel) (essence). You may spend (life) on (creatures) with (channel) (essence) to improve their (power) and (toughness). This Limited (Channel) is much (cooler) than the one in (Alpha).

Love it! I'd believe it.

EDIT: except that last line is probably "This Limited environment is much slower than the one in Zendikar."

"Goblin of the Goblins is going to be a goblin built around the Goblin goblins, all of which have no goblin and are goblin. For example, there are two Goblins at goblin, the goblin of which is 7/7. All of the Goblins have a new goblin called goblin. Goblins with goblin have a goblin; whenever a goblin with goblin goblins, the goblin goblin must goblin that many goblins. The Goblins are very goblin but there are goblins that can create 0/1 goblins called Goblin Goblin that can be goblin to goblin one goblin goblin to your goblin goblin and will help you be able to goblin the Goblins. In addition, the goblin has a new goblin called goblin goblin. You may spend goblin on goblin with goblin goblin to improve their goblins and goblins. This Limited goblin is much goblin than the one in Goblin."

How much Dole could a Bob Dole Dole Dole, if a Bob Dole could Dole Dole?

Bob Dole.

--------------------------------------------------------

"I hope I haven't said too much. If you'd like to see the above paragraph without the word goblin, click here."

HAHAHAHAHAHHA.  That was hilarious!:-)

Goblin "•Ski Patrol (I'd like to point out, not from an Un- set.)"

Dopeness.

I have mixed feelings about this one.  Thumbs (mixed) up.

I read through the entire article the first time without clicking the button once. I was hoping he'd throw something in for me for not clicking it, but apparently not.