Idle Thoughts on Module Reporting

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Questions I would add for DM reporting:
  • Did you play this module on high tier or low tier?

• Were there any character deaths during the module? (Maybe. I'm not sure these are common enough to bother to track.)

• Did you play this module without (a) a leader, (b) a defender, or (c) both?

But I'm a data geek, so.

I would also be fascinated to see the data currently gathered. I know it's not meant for players so much, and I expect publishing it would restrict the admins too much when it comes to metaplot, but I'd still be interested.
I don't have a problem with publishing the answers to the adventure questions, but I don't know if it is my call to make.

Note: for me the questions are for furthering the plot. I personally have no interest in how many tables play the adventures low/high or with/without a leader.
It may be useful to know if an adventure is too tough or too easy, but you don't catch that in such stats. And such issues generally turn up on these boards anyway.

Gomez
I don't have a problem with publishing the answers to the adventure questions, but I don't know if it is my call to make.

Note: for me the questions are for furthering the plot. I personally have no interest in how many tables play the adventures low/high or with/without a leader.
It may be useful to know if an adventure is too tough or too easy, but you don't catch that in such stats. And such issues generally turn up on these boards anyway.

Yeah, I think high/low would tell you more about perceptions than difficulty. But it's easy for us here on the boards to go "oh, mods are too easy," just because we don't have any feedback from the people who play LFR but who don't hang out here. So it'd be interesting to know if it's true that everyone plays 1-4s on high tier.
So it'd be interesting to know if it's true that everyone plays 1-4s on high tier.

Mildly OT

Locally, our line between low/high for 1-4s (generally, exceptions exist of course) is if there is even one single PC level 2 or above, we go high.  If it is all level 1s, we go low.  Similar mentality at the other tiers as well, substituting the appropriate minimum levels.
So it'd be interesting to know if it's true that everyone plays 1-4s on high tier.

Mildly OT

Locally, our line between low/high for 1-4s (generally, exceptions exist of course) is if there is even one single PC level 2 or above, we go high.  If it is all level 1s, we go low.  Similar mentality at the other tiers as well, substituting the appropriate minimum levels.

I'm not sure we're at that place anymore locally, but when we have gone that route, it usually worked out. Emphasis on usually. Sometimes it resulted in a severe butt-kicking for the party.