You Build the Character #3 - Luke Skywalker

This competition is now closed.

Hi everyone, and welcome back to You Build the Character. Get ready to break out your T-16 and bullseye some womp rats, because this month's challenge is to build Luke Skywalker. You have until midnight (PT) on Friday 25 December to post your RPG stats, and any notes you want to post explaining your decisions. Once submissions have closed, all forum members will have until midnight (PT) on Friday 1 January to vote for their favourite. Whichever build receives the most votes will win.

The prize for winning is having your stats enshrined in the YBtC Hall of Fame, as well as the bragging rights.

The following rules apply to all submissions:

1. All builds must be created according to RAW, with no house rules (no single Athletics skill, no bonus feats for bloodlines etc).

2. You may use "unlimited" point buy for Luke's ability scores, provided each score is between 3 and 18 at first level (before racial and age adjustments).

3. You are free to use material from all official Saga Edition books, up to and including the Scavenger's Guide to Droids.

4. Your stats may represent Luke Skywalker at any point during his life, or serve as an overall interpretation of the character as a whole. You may even include multiple stats to represent multiple points in time, provided they are all different level versions of the same build (ie no swapping out talents or feats).

5. Luke Skywalker is a Human, and as such uses the Human species traits provided on page 23 of the core rulebook.

6. You may change your stats at any point up until submissions close, at which point any edited stats will be disqualified.

Have fun everyone, and may the Force be with you. Smile

Josh Cheesman - journalist and Star Wars fan. Visit the YBtC Hall of Fame to see the winners of the Praxeum's regular You Build the Character competitions. Need roleplaying stats for a miniature you're using in your Star Wars game? Try the [Saga] Star Wars Miniatures RPG Stats thread. Check out the The Great Mess Hall Food Fight, the Star Wars thread that can't be derailed. Any and all discussions welcome! I never listen to the Order 66 Podcast.
A double submission.

A young moisture-farmboy from the backwater desert planet of Tatooine growing up with his aunt and uncle, Luke never suspected his life was going to be so special.
It all started when his uncle bought an R2 and a 3PO droid. Before he knew it, Luke was racing across the galaxy with two smugglers (Han Solo and Chewbacca) and an elderly Jedi Knight (Obi-Wan Kenobi) who had known his father - under whom he'd start his own Jedi training. Eventually, Luke freed the Alderaanian Princess Leia from the very Imperial battle station whose plans he helped deliver to the Rebellion - at the cost of his mentor, Obi-Wan.
Luke joined the Rebels, and fought bravely in the space-battle of Yavin IV; using the Force, he even fired the shot that destroyed the station.

250px-LukePilot-OP.jpg
Luke Skywalker, Red Five - CL 3
Male Human Scout/Jedi 1/2
Destiny 2 (Destruction); Force 4; Dark Side 0
Init +8; Senses Perception +7
Languages Basic, Huttese, Jawa Trade Language, Yuzz, 2 unassigned
--------------------------------------------------
Defenses Refl 17 (Flat-Footed 15), Fort 15, Will 15; Deflect, Evasion, Vehicular Combat
hp 41; Threshold 15
Speed 6 Squares
Melee Unarmed +4 (1d4+3, 20/x2) or
Melee Lightsaber +4 (2d8+5, 20/x2)
Ranged Blaster Pistol +4 (3d6+1, 20/x2) or
Ranged (X-Wing) Laser Cannons +7* (+2* autofire) (6d10x2, 20/x2) or
Ranged (X-Wing) Proton Torpedoes +7* (9d10x2, 4-square splash, 20/x2)
Base Atk +2; Grp +4
Atk Options Autofire (X-Wing Laser Cannons)
Special Actions Shake it Off
Starship Maneuvers Known (Pilot +8): Target Sense, Skywalker Loop
Abilities Str 14, Dex 15, Con 13, Int 14, Wis 13, Cha 14
Talents Evasion, Deflect
Feats Force Sensitivity**, Linguist, Shake it Off, Starship Tactics, Vehicular Combat, Weapon Proficiencies (Lightsabers, Pistols, Rifles, Simple Weapons)
Skills Endurance +7, Initiative +8, Jump +8, Mechanics +8, Perception +7, Pilot +8, Survival +7, Use the Force +8
Possessions Anakin's lightsaber, blaster pistol, moisture-farmer clothes, rebel flight suit, utility belt with medpack, X-Wing
* These figures include the +2 bonus to attack for Luke's being trained in the Pilot skill.
** Human racial bonus feat.

Skywalker became a Rebel operative in earnest, and his piloting skills were most welcomed. He was responsible for finding the new location for the Rebel's base, the ice planet Hoth, and, together with Wedge Antilles, he founded the Rogue Squadron flight group, among many other things.
However, Darth Vader's agents were searching for him. Luke even tangled with the Sith Lord on the world of Mimban once. Eventually he was transferred to Hoth alongside Rogue Squadron. There, badly hurt from a Wampa attack, he had a visit from Obi-Wan's spirit. After recovering and aiding in the evacuation of the Hoth base, he followed up on the words of his old mentor.
Luke took his X-Wing and flew to the distant swamp-planet of Dagobah, where he received training from the venerable Jedi Master Yoda. Luke cut his training short, however, when he learned his friends were in danger; this led to a fated battle with Darth Vader.
Luke lost his right hand, his father's lightsaber, and the fight. He also learned the horrible truth: Darth Vader was actually Anakin Skywalker, his father. He fled and rejoined the Rebels, received a prosthetic hand, and continued to serve. He would meet Shira Brie - and subsequently shoot her down; a woman who would return to haunt him in the future.
Luke aided Princess Leia in searching for the captured Han Solo while completing his training by himself, making his own lightsaber in the process. He helped free Leia from the Black Sun leader Xizor before learning Solo had been delivered to Jabba the Hutt.
After leading his friends in a daring - and successfull - escape plan, the group rejoined the Rebels to stage another daring attack on a new Imperial battle station, but not before Luke could make a last visit to Yoda. Luke would soon face his final test before becoming a true Jedi Knight - he would have to face Vader again.
Luke left his friends during the mission to ensure their safety, as Vader was near and could sense his presence - but not before telling Leia of their shared heritage; a secret imparted upon him by Yoda and the spirit of Obi-Wan. Luke was adamant about returning Anakin to the light, but the Dark Lord wouldn't have it. Vader brought his own son to the Emperor to witness the destruction of the Rebel fleet; it was a trap.
Luke defeated Vader in an epic duel that led to his father's redemption, the first death of the evil Emperor, and the victory for the Rebel Alliance. Luke soon after led a strike team to Bakura, where he met - and turned down - his first potential student.
While fighting in the Nagai/Tof war, Luke encountered a Sith Lady by the name of Lumiya. Losing his first duel, but winning his second by the use of a shoto, he soon discovered her true identity: Shira Brie. Luke would continue on to find the Chu'unthor on Dathomir, where he would defeat the Nightsisters.
Aiding the struggling New Republic, Luke got caught in the Thrawn campaign. There, he would not only train under an insane Jedi clone, Joruus C'Boath, but also meet a former Emperor's Hand - Mara Jade. While initially hostile, the two eventually formed a bond and would bump into one another frequently.
Then, a reborn Emperor Palpatine returned with a new super-weapon. Luke did the unimaginable; he joined the vile Sith Lord, hoping to destroy the Dark Side from within.

Luke-dark1.jpg
Luke Skywalker, Dark Acolyte - CL 13
Male Human Scout/Jedi/Ace Pilot/Jedi Knight 1/6/3/3
Destiny 5 (Education); Force 6; Dark Side 13
Init +14, Senses Perception +13
Languages Basic, Binary (understand only), Huttese, Jawa Trade Language, Shyriiwook (understand only), Yuzz
Defenses Refl 30 (Flat-Footed 27), Fort 27, Will 27; Block, Deflect, Evasion, Vehicular Combat
hp 132; Threshold 27
Speed 6 Squares
Melee Unarmed +14 (1d4+9, 20/x2) or
Melee Lightsaber +16 (2d8+12, 20/x2) or
Melee Lightsaber +11/+11 (2d8+12, 20/x2) with Double Attack
Base Atk +11; Grp +14
Atk Options Double Attack
Special Actions Djem So, Improved Force Trance, Redirect Shot, Severing Strike, Shake it Off
Force Powers Known (Use The Force +18): Battle Strike, Energy Resistance, Farseeing, Mind Trick, Move Object, Surge
Force Techniques Improved Force Trance
Starship Maneuvers Known (Pilot +14, Use the Force +18): Attack Pattern Delta, Target Sense, Skywalker Loop
Abilities Str 16*, Dex 16, Con 14, Int 14, Wis 15, Cha 16
SQ Force Pilot, Vehicle Focus (Starfighters)
Talents Block, Deflect, Djem So, Evasion, Force Pilot, Redirect Shot, Severing Strike, Vehicle Focus (Starfighters)
Feats Double Attack (Lightsabers), Force Sensitivity**, Linguist, Force Training (x2), Shake it Off, Skill Focus (Use the Force), Starship Tactics, Vehicular Combat, Weapon Focus (Lightsaber), Weapon Proficiencies (Lightsabers, Pistols, Rifles, Simple Weapons)
Skills Endurance +13, Initiative +14, Jump +14, Mechanics +13, Perception +13, Pilot +14 (may use Use the Force instead), Survival +13, Use the Force +18***
Possessions Prosthetics (1, hand), lightsaber (self-made), Sith outfit, utility belt with medpack, comlink (encrypted)
* Luke's Strength includes a +2 bonus for completing the Destruction destiny.
** Human racial bonus feat.
*** Luke's Use The Force skill includes a -1 penalty due to prostethics.

Design notes:
Some of you readers might remember my old thread where I made no less than 6 builds, painting a life-portrait, of Luke. I took one of the more interresting moments in Luke's life from those builds, and changed a few things around. First, I removed some feats by removing the Skywalker Bloodline special quality I used there (to qualify for this competition). Second, I changed one feat around to give him some extra languages.
Basically, I started off with the basic level 11 build in the Core Rulebook, and adapted that to my tastes. Then I added a few levels, to the point where he's close to becoming a Jedi Master. I revisited his skills, Force powers and languages.
My Luke is considered to have finished the Destruction Destiny when he blew up the first Death Star, and Redemption (the effects of which have long since passed) when he defeated his father in the second Death Star. He is currently on the path of the Education Destiny, learning more of the Force and taking on his first apprentices.
Once I was done with all of this, I decided to add a second entry, and chose to represent Luke as Red Five, about to take out the first Death Star. I basically made the same changes from my previous thread to a downgraded version.
I could have added some/most of the item on the regret list (see below) by adding some levels, but I didn't want him to be too high level, since there's so much more for him to to in the EU...
Fun-fact: this build makes use of only the Cure Rulebook and Starships of the Galaxy.
I hope I did Luke justice - and that my calculations aren't off...

Regrets: Lack of Quick Draw (on Dagobah), Force Grip (Jabba's palace) and Battle Meditation (as Sith apprentice); no Force Boon and/or Strong in the Force, no Weapon Specialization...

EDIT 1: Added Huttese to his languages - he DID grow up on 'tooine...
EDIT 2: Removed Binary from Red Five - he didn't understand it until hanging around R2 for a few years. Removed the shoto from the Acolyte. Forgot to add Double Attack to Acolyte's attack options; fixed it.

Luke Skywalker (Episode 5)    CL 8

Medium Human Jedi 4/scoundrel 2/soldier 2
Init +12; Senses Perception +10
Languages Basic, Binary

Defenses Ref 23 (flat-footed 20), Fort 22, Will 20; The Will to Resist, Vehicular Combat
hp 59; second wind +14/29, move +2 steps up condition track; Threshold 22

Speed  6 squares
Melee lightsaber +9 (2d8+6) or
Melee lightsaber +9 (2d8+8) with both hands
Ranged heavy blaster pistol +10 (3d8+4)
Base Atk +7; Grp +10
Atk Options Point Blank Shot
Special Actions Fool's Luck, Quick Draw, The Will to Resist
Force Powers Known (Use The Force +10) battle strike, move object

Abilities Str 15, Dex 16, Con 15, Int 12, Wis 13, Cha 12
Special Qualities Bad Feeling, build lightsaber
Talents Fool's Luck, Telepathic Link, Tested in Battle, The Will to Resist
Feats Armor Proficiency (light), Bad Feeling, Close Combat Escape, Force Sensitivity, Force Training, Point Blank Shot, Quick Draw, Vehicular Combat, Weapon Proficiency (lightsabers, pistols, simple)
Skills Acrobatics +12, Initiative +12, Knowledge (tactics) +10, Perception +10, Pilot +12, Use the Force +10
Possessions heavy blaster pistol, lightsaber

LUKE10.JPG

AMS-51 "Dendrite" Connection lost...searching...
Since Luke's my favorte character from Star Wars, I figured I had to take a shot at his stats. Enjoy!

Luke-greensbr.jpg

Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight (as of the end of Episode VI: Return of the Jedi) - CL 14
Medium Human scout 2 / jedi 9 / ace pilot 2 / jedi knight 1
Destiny 0* (Redemption); Force 9*; Strong in the Force; Dark Side 3
Init +15; Senses Perception +14
Languages Basic, Huttese, Jawa Trade Language
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Defenses Ref 31 (flat-footed 28), Fort 27, Will 28; Block, Deflect
hp 100; Threshold 27
Speed 6 squares
Melee lightsaber +17 (2d8+9)
Melee lightsaber +12/+12 (2d8+9) with Double Attack
Ranged blaster pistol +16 (3d6+7)
Base Atk +13; Grp +15
Special Actions Shake It Off, Redirect Shot
Force Powers Known (Use the Force +19): battle strike, falling avalance, force grip, mind trick, move object, surge
Force Regimens Known (Use the Force +19): quiet the mind, voren’s first cadence, training remote
Starship Maneuvers Known (Pilot +19): afterburn, attack pattern delta, target sense
Abilities Str 12, Dex 16, Con 13, Int 14, Wis 14, Cha 17
SQ Vehicle Dodge +1
Talents Block, Deflect, Djem So, Elusive Dogfighter, Elusive Target, Force Pilot, Guardian Spirit, Redirect Shot
Feats Force Regimen Mastery, Force Sensitivity, Force Training x2, Melee Defense, Shake It Off, Skill Focus (Use the Force), Skill Training (acrobatics), Starship Tactics, Strong in the Force, Vehicular Combat, Weapon Finesse, Weapon Proficiency (lightsabers, pistols, rifles, simple)
Skills Acrobatics +15, Initiative +15, Jump +13, Knowledge (galactic Lore) +14, Mechanics +14, Perception +14, Ride +14, Survival +15, Use the Force +19**
Posessions lightsaber (self-constructed), blaster pistol, jedi knight outfit, robe, flight suit, **prosthetic right hand, comlink, utility belt w/ medpac, X-wing, astromech droid (R2-D2)

* Luke has completed the Redemption destiny by redeeming Darth Vader, and thus gaining Force Points as a result (He likely spent a great number during his duel with Vader, then received new ones following Vader’s turn). However, until he later takes the Education destiny and begins training a new generation of Jedi Knights, Luke is currently without a destiny
** Luke's prosthetic right hand incurs a -1 penalty to his Use the Force skill.

Some Design Notes:
   I went with a 32-point buy, and chose to effectively go with the Luke Skywalker as he is seen in the movie trilogy and disregard the assorted books and comics for this build (hence why he does not, for example, speak Yuzzem). He also does not speak Binary, as while he gets the general gist of what Artoo is trying to convey (“If you’re saying coming here was a bad idea…”), he still relies on the translator in his X-wing for accurate translations.
    Guardian Spirit was a must, as it represents his contact with Obi-Wan throughout the trilogy after Ben’s death. Elusive Target represents Luke’s capabilities at the fight with Jabba’s thugs at the Pit of Carkoon. Force Pilot prevents him from needing to take the Skill Focus (pilot) feat, instead using the Force much as his father did to account for his tremendous flying skills.
    Starship Tactics represents Luke’s piloting skills at both the Battles of Yavin (Afterburn to avoid dogfights in the trench: “Luke, at that speed will you be able to pull out in time?” and Target Sense, his famous shot on the exhaust port) and Hoth (“Attack Pattern Delta, go now!”).
    The Force Regimens represent, in part, his training under both Obi-Wan Kenobi and Yoda (Training remote for the scene on the Falcon, quiet the mind for when he sees his friends suffering on Bespin).
    Luke does not have the Severing Strike talent as he is not seen to be using it at the Pit of Carkoon. Instead, he has the Voren’s First Cadence regimen, which gives him a needed Will Defense boost against Vader and the Emperor on the Death Star II, in addition to granting him the Severing Strike ability he’ll later use against Vader during their duel.
    Force Power-wise, he doesn’t have Force Disarm because the only time in which he snatches a blaster it’s done as a surprise round action, taking it from the unexpecting thug’s holster (and not being weilded in the thug’s hand).  Falling Avalanche is clearly seen towards the end of his duel with Vader, when he forces his father back towards the shaft walkway on the Death Star.
Design Notes:  Man, Luke is one tough sonovaJedi to build RAW!  The only way I could explain some of the stuff he did was to say that he "levelled" one or more times during the course of any given movie. 

One of the things I had a hard time with was giving him proficiency in heavy weapons.  I disagree with the idea that you have to take a special proficiency to avoid a penalty when firing the weapons of the ship you're flying.  On the other hand, of all the likely higher-level characters, Luke was asked to man the cannons aboard the Millenium Falcon during the escape from the Death Star.

In the theme of levelling over the course of a movie, I have two submissions for Luke Skywalker, representing the beginning and the end of the movie.  At the beginning, he's low on Force Points, because he's used quite a few up to this point.  Also, regarding the build for the end, it assumes that he picked up a couple of DSPs calling upon the dark side to fight Vader, likely gaining temporary use of dark rage. See TFU sourcebook pg. 85 for details.  He also likely had to spend a crap-ton of FPs (maybe even a Destiny Point) on Vader to even hit his Reflex Defense.

Also regarding mid-movie levelling, the reason he doesn't have a level in the Jedi Knight PrC even though he mechanically qualifies is that it's my opinion that the cave at Dagobah respresented "the Trials" for him, and he failed.  Therefore, Yoda didn't consider him to be a fully-trained Jedi, and wouldn't allow him to take levels in the prestige class.

I struggled a bit with his 1st level talent, heavily considering Fringe Savant to demonstrate another way of him picking up FPs.  I eventually settled on Force Pilot, indicating that he has Force-assisted reflexes, but initially relies more heavily on the training of his "conscious self" and has yet to fully learn to "act on instinct."

Why doesn't he have Visions and farseeing?  First off, at this point in a 20 level build, he doesn't have the requisite number of feats & talents given what else he does.  Moreover, I figure that Yoda has the Mentor Force secret (see JATM pg. 37), which would allow him temporary use of the quiet the mind Force regimen.

Also, these builds assume that Luke started out with a 13 Int, and picked up Use the Force as a trained skill when his Int increased to 14.  This would also explain why he wasn't able to sense the destruction of Alderaan, since Sense Force is trained-only.  Also it explains why it wasn't until later on (according to the EU) that Luke learned Move Light Object, which is also trained-only.

snowspeeder_luke.jpg

Luke Skywalker (beginning of Episode V)
Medium Human scout 1/Jedi 6/ace pilot 1
Destiny* 2; Force 2, Strong in the Force
Init +12; Senses Perception +11
Languages Basic, Huttese, Shyriiwook
Ranged blaster pistol +9 (3d6+4)
Base Atk +6; Grp +9
Special Actions Redirect Shot, Shake it Off
Starship Maneuvers Known(SotG) (Pilot +12):  Attack Pattern
Delta, Evasive Action, Target Sense
Feats Double Attack (lightsabers), Force Sensitive H, Shake it Off,
Starship Tactics (SotG) , Strong in the Force, Vehicular Combat,
Weapon Focus (lightsabers), Weapon Proficiency (heavy, lightsabers,
pistols, rifles, simple)
Skills Endurance +11, Initiative +12, Jump +11 H, Mechanics +11,
Perception +11, Pilot +12, Survival +11, Use the Force +12
(may substitute for Pilot checks)
Possessions blaster pistol, lightsaber, flight suit

*Luke Skywalker is considered to have fulfilled the Destruction destiny (1st Death Star)

LukeSkywalkerNooooo.jpg

Luke Skywalker
(end of Episode V)
Medium Human scout 1/Jedi 8/ace pilot 1
Destiny* 2; Force 4, Strong in the Force; Dark Side 2
Init +13; Senses Perception +12
Ranged blaster pistol +11 (3d6+5)
Base Atk +8; Grp +11
Starship Maneuvers Known(SotG) (Use the Force +18): 
Attack Pattern Delta, Evasive Action, Target Sense
Force Powers Known (Use the Force +18):  mind trick,
move object, surge
Feats Double Attack (lightsabers), Force Sensitive H, Force Training,
Shake it Off, Starship Tactics (SotG) , Skill Focus (Use the Force),
Strong in the Force, Vehicular Combat, Weapon Focus (lightsabers),
Weapon Proficiency (heavy, lightsabers, pistols, rifles, simple)
Perception +11, Pilot +12, Survival +11, Use the Force +18
Possessions blaster pistol, lightsaber, flight suit

*Luke Skywalker is considered to have fulfilled the Destruction destiny (1st Death Star)
**Luke Skywalker is 4 steps down on the condition track.  He has a -10 penalty to all defenses, attack rolls, and skill checks.  He also moves at half speed. (not included in stat block)

This is a long one, but please don't let its length detract you from voting for it.  This build represents Luke Skywalker throughout the films.  It is not intended to represent his abilities from the EU, nor is it meant to represent him after the films.

133946__skywalker_l.jpg
Luke Skywalker (shortly before meeting Ben Kenobi in A New Hope)
Medium human nonheroic 3                                                CL 1
Init +2; Senses Perception +2
Languages Basic
Defenses Ref 11 (flat-footed 10), Fort 11, Will 11
hp 12; Threshold 11
Speed 6 squares
Ranged slugthrower rifle +3 (2d8)
Base Atk +2; Grp +3
Abilities Str 12, Dex 12, Con 12, Int 11, Wis 12, Cha 13
Feats Skill Training (mechanics), Strong in the Force, Unified Squadron, Vehicular Combat, Weapon Proficiency (rifles, simple weapons)
Skills Mechanics +6, Pilot +10, Survival +7
Possessions slugthrower rifle, electrobinoculars

At this point in Luke’s life, he’s just an average Tatooine farm boy.  He has a latent connection with the force in the form of the Strong in the Force feat, and he’s a great pilot and a decent shot (After all, he used to bullseye womp rats back home.).  We see his skill with mechanics in A New Hope while he’s tinkering with the droids, and more when he shows his enthusiasm for picking up power converters.  Reflecting his ability to survive on the harsh world of Tatooine (He used to live there, you know.), he is also trained in survival.

ANH_HD_blastHelml01.jpg
Luke Skywalker (training with Obi-Wan Kenobi on the Melennium Falcon in A New Hope)
Medium human nonheroic 3/Jedi 1                                                CL
Destiny 1 (Destruction: Death Star); Force 7
Init +3; Senses Perception +3
Languages Basic
Defenses Ref 13 (flat-footed 12), Fort 13, Will 13; Deflect
hp 18; Threshold 13
Speed 6 squares
Melee lightsaber -1 (2d8+2)
Base Atk +3; Grp +4
Abilities Str 12, Dex 13, Con 12, Int 11, Wis 12, Cha 14
Talents Deflect
Feats Force Sensitivity, Skill Training (mechanics), Strong in the Force, Unified Squadron, Vehicular Combat, Weapon Proficiency (rifles, simple weapons)
Skills Mechanics +7, Pilot +11, Survival +8, Use the Force +3 (untrained)
Possessions Anakin Skywalker’s lightsaber

Here Luke begins some of his Jedi training with Obi-Wan.  He learns some basic deflection techniques onboard the Millennium Falcon, and gains his destiny to destroy the Death Star along with his first heroic level.

e4_LukeStormtrooper_Big_6.jpg

Luke Skywalker (onboard the Death Star in A New Hope)
Medium human nonheroic 3/Jedi 1                                                CL 2
Destiny 1 (Destruction: Death Star); Force 6
Init +1; Senses Perception +3
Languages Basic
Defenses Ref 18 (flat-footed 17), Fort 15, Will 13; Deflect
hp 18; Threshold 15
Speed 6 squares
Ranged blaster rifle +2 (3d8)
Base Atk +3; Grp +4
Talents Deflect
Feats Force Sensitivity, Skill Training (mechanics), Strong in the Force, Unified Squadron, Vehicular Combat, Weapon Proficiency (rifles, simple weapons)
Skills Mechanics +7, Pilot +11, Survival +8, Use the Force +3 (untrained)
Possessions lightsaber, stormtrooper armor and gear, blaster rifle

Technically, this is the same build as the above.  The only real difference is the equipment: this one is wearing a set of stormtrooper armor.  Some of the numbers on this sheet don’t add up because Luke lacks the Armor Proficiency (light) feat, giving him a -2 armor check penalty and denying him access to the helmet package.

862094-800px_red5_super.jpg

Luke Skywalker (during attack on the Death Star in A New Hope)
Medium human nonheroic 3/Jedi 1/soldier 1                                    CL 3
Destiny 1 (Destruction: Death Star); Force 7
Init +3; Senses Perception +3
Languages Basic
Defenses Ref 14 (flat-footed 13), Fort 16, Will 14; Deflect
hp 25; Threshold 16
Speed 6 squares
Melee lightsaber +0 (2d8+5)
Ranged blaster pistol +5 (3d6+3)
Base Atk +4; Grp +5
Special Actions Manifest Guardian Spirit
Talents Deflect, Manifest Guardian Spirit
Feats Force Sensitivity, Skill Training (mechanics), Strong in the Force, Unified Squadron, Vehicular Combat, Weapon Proficiency (pistols, rifles, simple weapons)
Skills Mechanics +7, Pilot +11 (+15 when within 12 squares of squad mates), Survival +8, Use the Force +3 (untrained)

Possessions lightsaber, blaster pistol, X-wing starfighter, flight suit

Here, Luke joins in with the Rebel alliance and picks up a level of soldier as he joins the Alliance Navy.  Since Ben Kenobi is now dead, he picks up the Manifest Guardian Spirit talent, which he uses with his proton torpedoes to destroy the Death Star.  Note that his damage is higher than normal because he has a +2 destiny bonus to his damage rolls for attacking the Death Star. 

lukehoth.jpg

Luke Skywalker (during Battle of Hoth in The Empire Strikes Back)
Medium human nonheroic 3/Jedi 1            /soldier 3                                    CL 5
Destiny 1 (Redemption: Anakin Skywalker); Force 5
Init +4; Senses Perception +5
Languages Basic
Defenses Ref 16 (flat-footed 15), Fort 18, Will 16; Deflect
hp 39; Threshold 18
Speed 6 squares
Melee lightsaber +7 (2d8+4)
Ranged ascension gun+7 (3d8+2)
Base Atk +6; Grp +7
Special Actions Manifest Guardian Spirit
Abilities Str 13, Dex 13, Con 13, Int 13, Wis 12, Cha 14
Talents Deflect, Guardian Spirit, Manifest Guardian Spirit
Feats Force Sensitivity, Skill Training (mechanics), Starship Tactics (attack pattern delta, target sense), Strong in the Force, Unified Squadron, Vehicular Combat, Weapon Proficiency (lightsabers, pistols, rifles, simple weapons)
Skills Mechanics +8, Pilot +12 (+16 when within 12 squares of squad mates), Survival +9, Use the Force +10
Possessions lightsaber, blaster pistol, ascension gun, T-47 airspeeder, flight suit

Empire takes place a few years later, and Luke has a few more levels and a few more tricks.  He finally takes The Starship Tactics feat (Note that Luke tells his squadron to utilize Attack Pattern Delta during the Battle of Hoth.) and becomes proficient with his lightsaber.  He uses his trained-only application of the Use the Force skill (trained from an intelligence up from his destruction: Death Star destiny completed in A New Hope) when he uses move light object to pick his lightsaber out of the ice in the wampa’s cave.  He also picks up Guardian Spirit so that Obi-Wan can tell him to go the Dagobah system to meet with Yoda.  He also has a new destiny to replace the one he completed in A New Hope.

LukeVSVaderB.jpg
Luke Skywalker (During Duel with Darth Vader in The Empire Strikes Back with destiny penalty)
Medium human nonheroic 3/Jedi 5/soldier 4                                    CL 10
Destiny 2 (Redemption: Anakin Skywaker); Force 8; Dark Side 1
Init +7; Senses Perception +7
Languages Basic, Binary
Defenses Ref 21 (flat-footed 20), Fort 22, Will 21; Block, Deflect
hp 70; Threshold 22
Speed 6 squares
Melee lightsaber +12 (2d8+8)
Ranged blaster pistol+12 (3d8+6)
Base Atk +11; Grp +12
Atk Options Flurry, Power Attack
Special Actions Conditioning, Manifest Guardian Spirit
Force Powers Known (Use the Force +13) Falling Avalanche, Surge
Abilities Str 13, Dex 13, Con 13, Int 13, Wis 13, Cha 15
Talents Block, Deflect, Guardian Spirit, Manifest Guardian Spirit, Power of the Dark Side
Feats Conditioning, Flurry, Force Sensitivity, Force Training, Increased Agility, Power Attack, Skill Training (mechanics), Starship Tactics (attack pattern delta, target sense), Strong in the Force, Unified Squadron, Vehicular Combat, Weapon Proficiency (lightsabers, pistols, rifles, simple weapons)
Skills Mechanics +12, Pilot +15, Survival +12, Use the Force +13
Possessions lightsaber, blaster pistol

Luke advances amazingly fast in his short time training with Yoda, but instead of learning the intricacies of the force, Yoda helps Luke hone his physical body.  Yoda makes Luke run and jump through the marshes of Dagobah, and Luke takes the Conditioning feat.  Luke utilizes the Block talent extensively in his duel with Vader, amplified by Luke’s newfound training in the Use the Force skill.  However, in Luke’s time in the cave of Dagobah, he also takes the Power of the Dark Side talent.  Luke also learns to understand Binary in Empire.  During Luke’s duel with Vader, his quick lightsaber attacks show his use of the Flurry feat, and his slower more powerful strikes are evidence of the Power Attack feat.  He also uses surge to jump out of the carbon freezing chamber and grabs onto some handing machinery (Most impressive.).  While climbing up the tubes, he is still able to effectively defend himself and block Vader’s attacks, showing his use of the Increased Agility feat.  At one point in the duel, Luke uses the falling avalanche lightsaber form power to knock Vader off a ledge.

Lukecloak.jpg
Luke Skywalker (In Jabba’s Palace in Return of the Jedi)
Medium human nonheroic 3/Jedi 7/soldier 4/Jedi Knight 3                                    CL 15
Destiny 3 (Redemption: Anakin Skywaker); Force 10; Dark Side 3
Init +9; Senses Perception +10
Languages Basic, Binary, Huttese
Defenses Ref 27 (flat-footed 26), Fort 27, Will 28; Block, Deflect
hp 105; Threshold 27
Vulnerabilities ion damage
Speed 6 squares
Ranged skull +12 (1d6+9)
Base Atk +16; Grp +17
Special Actions Adept Negotiator, Conditioning, Djem So, Manifest Guardian Spirit, Redirect Shot
Force Powers Known (Use the Force +14) Dark Rage, Falling Avalanche, Force Grip (2), Mind Trick,
Surge
Force Techniques Improved Force Grip
Abilities Str 13, Dex 13, Con 13, Int 14, Wis 14, Cha 15
Talents Adept Negotiator, Block, Deflect, Djem So, Guardian Spirit, Manifest Guardian Spirit, Power of the Dark Side, Redirect Shot
Feats Conditioning, Flurry, Force Sensitivity, Force Training (2), Increased Agility, Power Attack, Skill Training (mechanics), Starship Tactics (attack pattern delta, Skywalker loop, target sense), Strong in the Force, Unified Squadron, Vehicular Combat, Weapon Focus (lightsabers), Weapon Proficiency (lightsabers, pistols, rifles, simple weapons)
Skills Mechanics +15, Persuasion +15, Pilot +17, Survival +15, Use the Force +14
Possessions dark robes, cybernetic prosthesis (right hand)

Luke now has several more years to hone his Jedi skills.  He has both learned Djem So and built his own lightsaber on Tatooine with Help from books at Ben Kenobi’s old home.  He has also learned some of the intricacies of lightsaber combat, including Redirect Shot (which he uses on Jabba’s sail barge) and Weapon Focus.  He learns Huttese during this time, along with the dark rage, mind trick, and force grip powers, and the Skywalker loop starship maneuver thanks to his wisdom score increase.  His new cybernetic hand lowers his Use the Force skill by 1 and makes him vulnerable to ion damage.  Luke also uses both his instances of force grip along with his improved force grip force technique to choke two Gamorreans when he first enters Jabba’s palace.

Lukevaderrotj7.jpg
Luke Skywalker (Facing Darth Vader in Return of the Jedi with destiny bonus)
Medium human nonheroic 3/Jedi 7/soldier 4/Jedi Knight 5                                    CL 17
Destiny 3 (Redemption: Anakin Skywaker); Force 9; Dark Side 2
Init +10; Senses Perception +11
Defenses Ref 29 (flat-footed 28), Fort 29, Will 30; Block, Deflect
hp 120; Threshold 29
Speed 6 squares
Melee lightsaber +18* (2d8+17)
Base Atk +18; Grp +19
Atk Options Flurry, Power Attack, Severing Strike
Special Actions Adept Negotiator, Conditioning, Djem So, Manifest Guardian Spirit, Redirect Shot
Force Powers Known (Use the Force +15) Dark Rage, Falling Avalanche, Force Grip (2), Mind Trick,
Surge
Force Techniques Force Point Recovery, Improved Force Grip
Abilities Str 13, Dex 13, Con 13, Int 14, Wis 14, Cha 15
Talents Adept Negotiator, Block, Deflect, Djem So, Guardian Spirit, Manifest Guardian Spirit, Power of the
Dark Side, Redirect Shot, Severing Strike
Feats Conditioning, Flurry, Force Sensitivity, Force Training (2), Increased Agility, Power Attack, Skill Training (mechanics, stealth), Starship Tactics (attack pattern delta, Skywalker loop, target sense), Strong in the Force, Unified Squadron, Vehicular Combat, Weapon Focus (lightsabers), Weapon Proficiency (lightsabers, pistols, rifles, simple weapons)
Skills Mechanics +16, Persuasion +16, Pilot +18, Stealth +15, Survival +16, Use the Force +15
Possessions lightsaber (self-built), 1 cybernetic prosthesis (right hand)
*Includes 3 points of power attack

In Luke’s final duel in the films, we see several new abilities.  He spends a large portion of the duel using the Stealth skill to hide from Vader in the shadows, while using reverse Dun Möch (a.k.a. Adept Negotiator) on him.  He also uses both dark rage and severing strike on his final assault on Vader.

Endor_celebration.jpg

Luke Skywalker (During party with Ewok happy music in Return of the Jedi)
Medium human nonheroic 3/Jedi 7/soldier 4/Jedi Knight 5/Jedi Master 1            CL 18
Destiny 1 Force 18; Dark Side 1
Init +11; Senses Perception +12
Immune fear effects
Defenses Ref 31 (flat-footed 30), Fort 31, Will 32; Block, Deflect
hp 130; Threshold 31
Speed 6 squares
Melee lightsaber +20* (2d8+20)
Base Atk +19; Grp +20
Special Actions Adept Negotiator, Conditioning, Djem So, Manifest Guardian Spirit, Redirect Shot, Serenity, Vital Encouragement
Force Powers Known (Use the Force +17) Dark Rage, Falling Avalanche, Force Grip (2), Mind Trick, Surge
Force Techniques Force Point Recovery, Improved Force Grip                                               
Abilities Str 14, Dex 13, Con 13, Int 14, Wis 14, Cha 16
Special Qualities Fearless, Serenity
Talents Adept Negotiator, Block, Deflect, Djem So, Guardian Spirit, Manifest Guardian Spirit, Power of the Dark Side, Redirect Shot, Severing Strike, Vital Encouragement
Feats Conditioning, Flurry, Force Sensitivity, Force Training (2), Increased Agility, Power Attack, Skill Training (mechanics, stealth), Starship Tactics (attack pattern delta, Skywalker loop, target sense), Strong in the Force, Unified Squadron, Vehicular Combat, Weapon Focus (lightsabers), Weapon Proficiency (lightsabers, pistols, rifles, simple weapons)
Skills Mechanics +17, Persuasion +17, Pilot +19, Stealth +16, Survival +17, Use the Force +17
Possessions lightsaber (self-built), 1 cybernetic prosthesis (right hand)
*Includes 3 points of power attack

Now that Luke has confronted Vader and redeemed him, he is a true Jedi, and, thus, takes his first level in Jedi Master.  Seeing his redeemed father in spirit form shows his newfound Vital Encouragement talent.

Now you know. And knowing is half the battle.
Greetings,

Luke is really tough to pinpoint due to so much he does in the movies alone. I decided to focus on Luke right after the Death Star trench run. I started with a 32 point buy.

Luke Skywalker End Episode 4
Medium Human Male Scout 2, Jedi 2
Dark Side: 0 Force Points: 7 Destimy 3 (Redemption)
Init: +9 Senses: Perception +9
Languages: Basic, Binary (understand), Yuzzem.
------------------------------------------------------------
Defense: Ref: 19 Fort: 17 Will: 17
HP: 48 Threshhold: 17
Speed: 6
Melee: Lightsaber atk: +5 dmg: 2d8
Ranged: Blaster Pistol atk: +5 dmg: 3d6
-------------------------------------------------------------
Abilities: Str 10, Dex 15, Con 13, Int 14, Wis 14, Cha 16
Feats: WP: (pistols, simple, Rifles, lightsabers), Shake it off, Force Sensative, Strong in the Force, vehicular combat, Skill Training: Use Force, weapon finesse
Talents: Force Pilot, Deflect
Skills: Endurance (+8), initiative (+9), Mechanics (+9), Perception (+9), Ride (+9), Survival (+9), Swim (+7), Climb (+7), use force (+10) Pilot (+10 useforce).
Possessions: Blaster Pistol, Anakin's lightsaber, X wing, R2D2, C3PO, flight suit. 
Assumed completion of Destruction Destiny.

Quvmoh
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.
The next build I have for Luke is for the second duel with Vader above Endor.  He's recently "levelled," having successfully proven to Yoda that he knows all he needs to be a true Jedi.  Moreover, he also picked up some "story xps" for confronting Vader on the Forest Moon.  The reason I gave him Djem So instead of Severing Strike is as a nod to an EU source that indicates that Luke instinctively learned the form on the fly while it was being used against him by Vader.  As far as actually cutting off Vader's hand, an official variant rule allows a character to strike to maim instead of kill, taking a -5 penalty to hit to do so.  Judges, can I get a ruling?  Does that qualify for a RAW build?

By the way, I also figured he picked up a crap-ton of Dark Side Points during the battle.  See TFU sourcebook pg. 85 for details:
*2 for using a Destiny Point to try and auto-crit the Emperor while under the effects of his Temptation power.  Vader used Block to save the Sith Master.
*1 to gain the benefit of the Power of the Dark Side talent while fighting Vader, and 1 more to spend a Force Point on his attack on Vader.
*1 to gain the benefit of the Channel Aggression talent against Vader.
*1 more to qualify for and use the Channel Anger talent.  "Use your aggressive feelings, boy!  Let the hate flow through you!"  With a +2 rage bonus from Channel Anger, and Force Points to get another +8 if he rolls well (and he does, he's Luke frakkin' Skywalker!), it gives him good odds to overcome a few of Lord Vader's attempts to Block.  Face it, Luke has to be crit-tastic to even hit Vader, but the Force the dice rolls were with him!  Luke uses his Shake it Off feat to recover afterwards.
*2 to gain the benefits of dark rage against Vader for the remainder of the encounter when he taunts Luke with the prospect of turning Leia.
*1 when he spends a Destiny Point to auto-crit Vader in order to maim him in revenge.
*Reduces his Dark Side Score by 1 for dramatic heroism when he declares he'll never turn to the dark side.

300px-Return_of_the_jedi_4.jpg

Luke Skywalker (end of Episode VI)
Medium Human scout 1/Jedi 8/ace pilot 1/Jedi Knight 1
Destiny* 1; Force 21*, Strong in the Force; Dark Side 9
Init +13; Senses Perception +12
Ranged blaster pistol +12 (3d6+5)
Base Atk +9; Grp +12
Special Actions Djem So, Redirect Shot, Shake it Off
Starship Maneuvers Known(SotG) (Use the Force +17): 
Attack Pattern Delta, Evasive Action, Target Sense
Force Powers Known (Use the Force +17):  mind trick,
move object, surge
Feats Double Attack (lightsabers), Force Sensitive H, Force Training,
Shake it Off, Starship Tactics (SotG) , Skill Focus (Use the Force),
Strong in the Force, Vehicular Combat, Weapon Focus (lightsabers),
Weapon Proficiency (heavy, lightsabers, pistols, rifles, simple)
Perception +11, Pilot +12, Survival +11, Use the Force +17
Possessions lightsaber (self-built), robes, prosthetic right hand,
utility belt with medpac

*Luke Skywalker is considered to have fulfilled the Destruction destiny (1st Death Star) and Redemption destiny (Anakin Skywalker)
1135789188misc_luke34.jpg

Luke Skywalker, Jedi Master (as of Vector Prime, 25 ABY) CR 18
Medium Human Male Scout 1/Jedi 7/Ace Pilot 2/Jedi Knight 5/Jedi Master 3
Destiny 5; Force 13; Dark Side 3
Init +17; Senses Perception +17
Languages Basic, Huttese, Shyriiwook (understand only)
Melee lightsaber +13/+13/+13 (2d8+15, lightsaber)
Melee shoto +21 (2d6+13)
Ranged by weapon +19
Base Attack +16; Grp +19
Atk Options Djem So, Double Attack, Severing Strike, Triple Attack
Special Actions Redirect Shot, Shake It Off
Force Powers Known (Use the Force +26) battle strike, farseeing, fluid riposte, Force disarm, Force grip, Force slam, inspire, mind trick, move object, rebuke (2), surge
Force Secrets Multitarget Power, Quicken Power
Force Techniques Force Point Recovery, Improved Move Light Object
Feats Double Attack (lightsabers), Force Sensitivity, Force Training (3), Shake It Off, Skill Focus (Use the Force), Strong in the Force, Triple Attack (lightsabers), Vehicular Combat, Weapon Finesse, Weapon Focus (lightsabers), Weapon Proficiency (lightsabers, pistols, rifles, simple weapons)
Skills Endurance +16, Initiative +17, Knowledge (galactic lore) +16, Mechanics +16, Perception +17, Pilot +17, Survival +17, Use the Force +26
Possessions Lightsaber (green synthetic, pressurized grip, self-built), Shoto (green synthetic, pressurized grip, self-built), cybernetic prosthesis (right hand), Black Jedi robes, comlink
Use the Force.
Destiny (Redemption) Luke is considered to have fulfilled the Redemption destiny by 
turning Darth Vader back to the light.  

(reasoning and later life/earlier life builds forthcoming) 
As far as actually cutting off Vader's hand, an official variant rule allows a character to strike to maim instead of kill, taking a -5 penalty to hit to do so.  Judges, can I get a ruling?  Does that qualify for a RAW build?

Well, the rules say that all builds must be created according to RAW. The variant rule you talk about only affects how the stats would be used in game, not whether the stats themselves are legal. It's up to individual voters to decide whether or not they think the optional rule justifies the build.

Here's a quick rule of thumb: take your stats and name them something else (ie, it's not Luke Skywalker, it's an original character). If your build is allowed by RAW, then it's fine for the competition.

(sorry if that's a bit convoluted, I tried to explain it as best I could)
Josh Cheesman - journalist and Star Wars fan. Visit the YBtC Hall of Fame to see the winners of the Praxeum's regular You Build the Character competitions. Need roleplaying stats for a miniature you're using in your Star Wars game? Try the [Saga] Star Wars Miniatures RPG Stats thread. Check out the The Great Mess Hall Food Fight, the Star Wars thread that can't be derailed. Any and all discussions welcome! I never listen to the Order 66 Podcast.
My final submission I call the Grand Master Build, or Why You Will Never Be As Awesome As Luke Skywalker.  It takes into account all manner of EU-oriented stuff.  One reason I gave him Juyo & Vapaad was that his combat style by the end of the Yuuzhan Vong War looked a lot like how Vaapad was described;i.e., striking so rapidly you couldn't clearly tell how many limbs he had.  I figure it was Luke flowing fully in the Force instead of treading the dark side like Master Windu.  In other words same crunch, different fluff.

He is also age modified (-3 Str, Dex, Con; +2 Int, Wis, Cha) and level adjusted to give him base stats of Str 14, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 16, Cha 16 before adding in destiny bonuses.

Other design notes:  I gave him Force Boon as something that he'd have made great use of at lower levels, but at this level, he uses the Daily Force Point rule from the Jedi Academy Training Manual.  It also assumes that he's completed the sparring practice Force training regimen. 
Plus, it gives him the "Force trifecta" (Skill Focus, Strong in the Force, and Force Boon) as part of the observation that he lives up to his father's potential as the most powerful Force user to have ever lived. 

Funny aside, if you've ever heard the "Kyle Katarn Jokes," he's like the Chuck Norris of AGFFA.  Example jokes include "the Death Star superlaser is based on Kyle Katarn's Bryar pistol," and "Strong am I in the Force, but Kyle Katarn I am not!"  Anyway, the thing is that the Chuck Norris/Kyle Katarn jokes are no exaggeration when applied to Luke Skywalker!  Examples:

-The most powerful and evil man in the history of the galaxy had nightmares that Luke Skywalker would come after him.

-Luke Skywalker is so powerful that authors have to gimp him with injuries, self-doubt, or "Jedi kryptonite" in order to give the villains a mulligan.

-Luke Skywalker cannot be killed.  However, he might one day find it necessary to die.

-The suggestion that "Luke Skywalker might find you" was enough to frighten the entire Sith Order on Korriban into acquiescing with a dark Jedi.

-Luke Skywalker completed Kyle Katarn's training.

-Step One in the Handbook of Galactice Domination:  You must kill/recruit/neutralize Luke Skywalker!

-If you fight Luke Skywalker and live, it's because he let you live.

Luke_Skywalker_EA.JPG

Luke Skywalker, Jedi Grand Master 
Medium Human scout 1/Jedi 8/ace pilot 1/Jedi Knight 5/Jedi Master 5
Destiny* 4; Force 7 (daily)**, Strong in the Force
Init +19; Senses Perception +20
Immune  fear effects
Ranged by weapon +21
Base Atk +18; Grp +21
Special Actions Djem So, Juyo, Redirect Shot, Serenity,
Shake it Off
Starship Maneuvers Known(SotG) (Use the Force +30): 
Attack Pattern Delta, Evasive Action, Skywalker Loop, Snap Roll,
Target Sense
(2)
Force Powers Known (Use the Force +30):  circle of shelter (JATM),
energy resistance (KotOR), fold space (JATM), Force lightning***, ionize (KotOR),
lightsaber swarm
(JATM), mind trick, move object, negate energy, rebuke,
resist Force
(KotOR), surge, swift flank(JATM)
Force Secrets  Devastating Power, Mentor(JATM), Debilitating Power(TFU),
Quicken Power
Force Techniques  Force Point Recovery, Improved Move Light Object
Force Training Regimens Known (Use the Force +30):  oxygen bottle,
quiet the mind, sparring practice, training remote, Voren's 2nd cadence,  
Voren's 5th cadence

Redirect Shot, Vapaad, Weapon Specialization (lightsabers)
Feats Double Attack (lightsabers), Force Boon, Force Regimen Mastery,
Force Sensitive H, Force Training (2), Shake it Off, Starship Tactics (SotG) ,
Skill Focus (Use the Force), Strong in the Force, Vehicular Combat,
Weapon Focus (lightsabers), Weapon Proficiency (heavy, lightsabers,
pistols, rifles, simple)
Skills Endurance +18, Initiative +19, Jump +18 H, Knowledge
(galactic lore) +18, Mechanics +18, Perception +20, Pilot +19,
Survival +20, Use the Force +30 (may substitute for Pilot or Stealth checks)
Possessions lightsaber (self-built), robes, prosthetic right hand,
utility belt with medpac

*Luke Skywalker is considered to have fulfilled the following destinies:

Destruction (1st Death Star):  +2 Cha 
Redemption (Anakin Skywalker)
Redemption (the Dark Lord of Belderone)
Rescue (Nick Rostu):  +1 Wis, +1 Con
Destruction (Lord Cronal):  +2 Cha
Liberation
(TFU) (Chu'unthor library)
Destruction (Gethzerion):  +2 Con
Redemption (Mara Jade)
Destruction (Clone Emperor):  +2 Wis
Redemption (Kam Solusar)
Discovery (Ossus Library)
Education (New Jedi Order):  +5 Use the Force
Rescue (Jacen Solo at Belkadan):  +1 Con, +1 Wis
Discovery (Zenoma Sekot)
Destruction (Warlord Shimrra):  +2 Str
Champion
(TFU) (becoming Grand Master of the Order):  +2 Cha
Destruction (Lumiya):  +2 Dex

**Luke Skywalker has 2 Force Points that can only be used for Block attempts

***Due to the
Many Shades talent, Force lightning does not have a [dark side] descriptor when used by Luke Skywalker.
Nice work so far everyone. Remember, you've got two weeks until submissions close.
Luke Skywalker (Episode VI); CL 14
Medium Human Scout 2/Jedi 6/Soldier 2/Ace Pilot 2/Jedi Knight 2
Destiny 5; Force 13, Strong in the Force; Dark Side 1
Init +15; Senses Use the Force +19
Languages Basic, Huttese, Shyriiwook (understand only), Yuzz
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Defenses Ref 31 (flat-footed 28), Fort 28, Will 29; Block, Deflect, Vehicle Dodge +1, Vehicular Combat
hp 121; second wind +30/60; Threshold 28
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Speed 6 squares
Melee lightsaber +16 (2d8+11) or
Melee lightsaber +11/+11 (2d8+11) with Double Attack
Ranged blaster pistol +15 (3d6+7)
Base Atk +12; Grp +15
Atk Options Double Attack (lightsabers), Melee Defense, Severing Strike
Force Powers Known (Use the Force +19): battle strike, dark rage, falling avalanche, farseeing, Force grip, mind trick (2), move object, soresu sweep, surge
Force Regimens Known (Use the Force +19): quiet the Mind, sparring practice, telekinetic practice, training remote, vo'ren's first cadence
Force Techniques Force Point Recovery
Starship Maneuvers (Pilot +15): Darklighter spin, evasive actions, skim the surface, Skywalker loop, target sense
Abilities Str 14, Dex 16, Con 14, Int 16, Wis 18, Cha 16
Special Qualities build lightsaber, destiny fufilled (destruction), destiny fulfilled (liberation), destiny fulfilled (redemption), destiny fulfilled (rescue) (2)
Talents Block, Deflect, Djem So, Force Perception, Force Pilot, Redirect Shot, Visions
Feats Armor Proficiency (light), Double Attack (lightsabers), Force Regimen Mastery, Force Sensitivity, Force Training (2), Melee Defense, Shake it Off, Skill Focus (Use the Force), Starship Tactics, Strong in the Force, Vehicular Combat, Weapon Finesse, Weapon Proficiency (lightsabers, pistols, rifles, simple)
Skills Acrobatics +15, Endurance +14, Initiative +15, Knowledge (galactic lore) +15, Knowledge (tactics) +15, Knowledge (technology) +15, Mechanics +15, Perception +16, Pilot +15 Ride +15, Use the Force +19 (may substitute for Perception or Pilot checks)
Possessions blaster pistol (environmental sealing, targeting scope [low–light]), lightsaber (electrium detail, self–built; heirloom:  symbol of the light), cybernetic prosthesis (1 hand), Jedi robes, holster (hip), utility belt, flight suit, T-65 X-Wing starfighter, modified astromech droid (R2-D2)
Organization Score (Rebel Alliance) – 22
Destiny Fulfilled (Destruction) – Luke has fulfilled his destiny of destroying the Death Star at Yavin IV, granting him a +2 destiny bonus to his Wisdom score.
Destiny Fulfilled (Liberation) – Luke has fulfilled his destiny of liberating the galaxy from the tyranny of the Emperor, granting him a +2 destiny bonus to his Charisma score.
Destiny Fulfilled (Redemption) – Luke has fulfilled his destiny of redeeming his father Anakin Skywalker, granting him a +11 Force Points.
Destiny Fulfilled (Rescue) – Luke has fulfilled his destiny of rescuing Princess Leia from the Death Star, granting him a +1 destiny bonus to his Dexterity and Intelligence scores.
Destiny Fulfilled (Rescue) – Luke has fulfilled his destiny of rescuing Han Solo from Jabba the Hutt, granting him a +1 destiny bonus to his Strength and Constitution scores.

-Luke Skywalker completed Kyle Katarn's training.

Reason enough to fear Luke. Cool
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.
Han Solo drops his cargo at the first sign of an Imperial cruiser. Imperial crewman drop their cargo (if you know what I mean) at the first sign of Luke Skywalker.
Just a reminder that there's now one week until submissions close.
Just 4 days left until submissions close.

(And I think it's some holiday or something that day. Not quite sure though.)
More than a decade of nigh-daily interactions, and the entire Jedi Council is clueless about Palpatine.
Luke Skywalker had him pegged in under 3 mintues.

For all their obsession about twins, the Yuuzhan Vong had enough sense not to go after Luke or Leia.

Darth Krayt's Sith Order waited until Luke Skywalker was long dead before coming out of hiding.

Submissions are now closed. Voting is now open for the winning entry. Each forum member may vote once for their favourite entry in the contest. Post your vote in this thread. You have until midnight (PT) on Friday 1 January to vote.

Good luck to everyone who entered, and may the best stats win. Smile

(Oh yeah, and merry Christmas. Wink )
Lord_Phobetor's submission, no doubt.

"The Grand Master Build, or Why You Will Never Be As Awesome As Luke Skywalker".

It's AWESOME! Great work, dude!

Merry Christimas!
I vote for Raven75's Red 5 build.
FAN-MADE SAGA ED. ADVENTURES Scores of free, fan-made Star Wars adventures for Saga Ed. ●DATHOMIR FIELD GUIDE A Saga Ed. sourcebook for adventures set on Dathomir ●LIVE ACTION FILM CHARACTERS SOURCEBOOK Saga stats for hundreds of characters from the live action films ●"ALL-PURPOSE" SAGA EDITION SOURCEBOOK Saga stats for NPCs, droids, ships/vehicles, weapons/gear, etc. ●SAGA EDITION SPECIES SOURCEBOOK Official & fan-made Saga stats for your favorite species ●THE CENTRALITY: A SAGA EDITION GUIDE AND GAZETTEER As featured in The Lando Calrissian Adventures ●THE CORPORATE SECTOR SOURCEBOOK As featured in Brian Daley's Han Solo novels and original edition of the Star Wars RPG ●SAGA EDITION CRIB SHEETS Various fan-made Saga Ed. Crib Sheets for players & GMs

My vote goes to Lord_Phobetor
Aside from multiple Destiny bonuses to charisma Wisdom and constitution- which I don’t think stack?

Badassery at its finest

I vote for GladeWolf's Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight (at the end of Episode VI) build. He points out his chosen powers/regimen/feats/talents with in-film quotes, providing a very acurate version of in-movie Luke during his fight with Vader. Kudos!

Also, happy holidays.

And: I GOT A VOTE OMFGROFLOLWTFPWN *swoon*
I'm tipping my hat for Eskla's Luke Skywalker (In Jabba’s Palace in Return of the Jedi)  Build
A tough contest this time as so many of the entries are particularly well done. After much consideration I'm going to vote for Raven75's Red 5 build. It's an early pivitol point for Luke and the Rebellion and Raven75's stats do an excellent job of capturing that moment in time.
I'm tipping my hat for Eskla's Luke Skywalker (In Jabba’s Palace in Return of the Jedi)  Build

I vote for this one too. It's fun to relive Luke's journey through Eskla's post.
Children believe what we tell them, they have complete faith in us. I ask of you a little of this childlike simplicity, and to bring us luck, let me speak four truly magic words: "A long time ago...." (Jean Cocteau's Beauty and the Beast) Winner of You Build the Character #12, YbtC #22, YbtC #24, YbtC #28 and YbtC #35 Winner of You Make the... Contest #8
Well I've gotta give a vote for the submission that almost exactly mirrors what I was going to submit until I saw it...that being GladeWolf's redition of Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight(as of the end of Return of the Jedi).

The only thing I would want to change is afterburn for skywalker loop...as well as dropping either acrobatics or knowledge(galactic lore), as in my opinion he was never actually shown to be very acrobatic and wasn't very wise about the galaxy at large.  He relied more on the rest of the players(Han, Leia, Chewbacca and the droids) as well as NPC's(Obi-Wan mostly) for this information...thus basically freeing up the skill training feat...and in it's place give him either Rapid Strike(seems he had a style similar to Vader who used this feat alot), Weapon Proficiency(heavy weapons)(to represent his usage of the Falcon's gun turret in A New Hope) or Weapon Focus(lightsabers)(for obivous reasons).

Regardless good submissions to all who submitted a version or multiple versions of young Skywalker.
Wow, my thanks for the votes!  (BTW, Nice job, Raven!)

I'd like to cast my vote for Serfious's  Luke Skywalker, Jedi Master (as of Vector Prime, 25 ABY). I really like the older, experienced presentation that yet still doesn't put him at 20th level and also doesn't heap a ton of completed destiny bonuses on him. Feels like a nice, balanced build for Luke that a player could reasonably achieve.
My vote goes to Luke Skywalker, Dark Acolyte, who may have to make an apparance in my Star Wars infinities campaign
Sucess is failure to fail.
My vote goes to Luke Skywalker, Dark Acolyte, who may have to make an apparance in my Star Wars infinities campaign

Just to be absolutely clear Incabulite, you're casting your vote for Raven75's entry, correct?

(Just as a note to future posters, it helps if you include the screenname of the entrant you're voting for, just to make sure there are no miscounted votes.)
Greetings,

I liked lord_Phobetor's final submission of Grandmaster luke Skywalker, but I'm concerned about the Stacking of the destiny rewards.

I liked Revan75's red5 build. In fact, his submission inspired my own to a degree. I felt that Luke was a little higher level than level 3.

Of course, I like my own build that I submitted.

Sorry, Eskla, but I didn't like the idea of Luke starting out with non-heroic, and also being level 18 at the end of the trilogy. Makes me ask the question "what's next for him to learn now?"

There were a couple of other builds that were submitted that placed luke at level 14 or higher when he faced against Darth vader and it seems to contradict what we see in the movies and read in the books about his feeling that he doesn't know as much as he should. level 8 to 12, I can see him being at that time against vader, especially with the right emperor build who would be able to give luke a bonus and concider him an ally.

So, my vote still goes to my own, but Revan75's red5 build would be a close second. I really liked it.

quvmoh
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White

I wanted to see how many votes everyone had, so I tabulated it up, and figured you guys might want to see the totals so far too.  Here you go:

Quvmoh: Quvmoh (1)

Raven75: Incabulite, Calamity916, RobShanti (3)

Serfious: GladeWolf (1)

GladeWolf: Rizzen_Nailo Raven75 (2)

eskla: fairytalejedi, SkinnyScoob (2)

Lord_Phobetor: jormundre, Samiel_Fronsac (2)

I liked the one with the non-heroic levels.  He really was just a silly farmer boy.

Then again, I've kind of always liked the idea of starting characters as non-heroics for a couple levels and then letting then retrain and trade in those non heroics for a single heroic level.  I blame palladiums victim rules for the old beyond the supernatural game.
I liked the one with the non-heroic levels.  He really was just a silly farmer boy.

Is that a vote commieclone, or are you still sitting on the fence? Wink
Grand Master Luke. Though someone could have plugged my index to suck up!

SAT

Is that a vote commieclone, or are you still sitting on the fence?

Only one person giving Luke starting with Nonheoric = instant vote for me Tongue out, yeah it's a vote for him I believe ;).

SAT

So, Lord_Phobetor's entry, right?

(Like I said, it would be great if people could use screennames rather than the name of the build - they're all Luke Skywalker, after all!)

SAT

So, Lord_Phobetor's entry, right?

(Like I said, it would be great if people could use screennames rather than the name of the build - they're all Luke Skywalker, after all!)

Correct! (apologies)

SAT
Yes that was a vote.  Wouldn't have bothered posting otherwise.
html_removed

updated

Quvmoh
Quvmoh (1)
Raven75Incabulite, Calamity916, RobShanti (3)
Serfious: GladeWolf (1)
GladeWolfRizzen_Nailo, Raven75 (2)
eskla: fairytalejedi, SkinnyScoob, commieclone (3)
Lord_Phobetorjormundre, Samiel_Fronsac, ewokontoast (3)

html_removed

updated

Quvmoh
Quvmoh (1)
Raven75Incabulite, Calamity916, RobShanti (3)
Serfious: GladeWolf (1)
GladeWolfRizzen_Nailo, Raven75 (2)
eskla: fairytalejedi, SkinnyScoob, commieclone (3)
Lord_Phobetorjormundre, Samiel_Fronsac, ewokontoast (3)

Actually, that should be 4 votes for you eskla, you forgot to count gleemaxlostmyname