Artificer needs more content

21 posts / 0 new
Last post
Any and all Artificers know that they are boned via content. Yes their magic weapon at-will is awesome but not enough to get them out of the "one trick pony" mobile. Is there Artificer stuff on the way? Who knows. But they need to bring some content out badly. Voice your opinion here and possibly petition new content sooner!
They'll probably get something in Arcane Power 2 (if such a product is in the pipeline).  They also JUST got some new powers in a Dragon article.  I think you're overreacting.
Well so did fighters. As they did last month, and month before that and before that.

 
I'd get along more with people if they didn't jump onto a hyberbole every single time you say something they don't understand.
Well, if you think they need to produce more content, then perhaps you should be the one to provide it.  Submit a proposal to Dragon.
I think it was mainly bad timing. Eberron PG came out after Arcane Power, so the Artificer didn't get much help there.  The article in last month's Dragon had some really good stuff though, I know my Artificer's going to be using a bunch of it. Also, anything that's usable by all arcane characters, like the White Lotus feats, are open to Artificers.
Well, if you think they need to produce more content, then perhaps you should be the one to provide it.  Submit a proposal to Dragon.



"Can you do better?" is not a legitimate response to criticism.

But yeah, I'd like to see the artificers get some new sexiness.

Zammm = Batman.

It's my sig in a box
58280208 wrote:
Everything is better when you read it in Bane's voice.
192334281 wrote:
Your human antics and desire to continue living have moved me. Just kidding. You cannot move me physically or emotionally. Wall humor.
57092228 wrote:
Copy effects work like a photocopy machine: you get a copy of the 'naked' card, NOT of what's on it.
56995928 wrote:
Funny story: InQuest Magazine (I think it was InQuest) had an oversized Chaos Orb which I totally rooked someone into allowing into a (non-sanctioned) game. I had a proxy card that was a Mountain with "Chaos Orb" written on it. When I played it, my opponent cried foul: Him: "WTF? a Proxy? no-one said anything about Proxies. Do you even own an actual Chaos Orb?" Me: "Yes, but I thought it would be better to use a Proxy." Him: "No way. If you're going to put a Chaos Orb in your deck you have to use your actual Chaos Orb." Me: "*Sigh*. Okay." I pulled out this huge Chaos Orb and placed it on the table. He tried to cry foul again but everyone else said he insisted I use my actual Chaos Orb and that was my actual Chaos Orb. I used it, flipped it and wiped most of his board. Unsurprisingly, that only worked once and only because everyone present thought it was hilarious.
My DM on Battleminds:
no, see i can kill defenders, but 8 consecutive crits on a battlemind, eh walk it off.
144543765 wrote:
195392035 wrote:
Hi guys! So, I'm a sort of returning player to Magic. I say sort of because as a child I had two main TCG's I liked. Yu-Gi-Oh, and Pokemon. Some of my friends branched off in to Magic, and I bought two pre-made decks just to kind of fit in. Like I said, Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon were what I really knew how to play. I have a extensive knowledge of deck building in those two TCG's. However, as far as Magic is concerned, I only ever used those two pre made decks. I know how the game is played, and I know general things, but now I want to get in the game for real. I want to begin playing it as a regular. My question is, are all cards ever released from the time of the inception of this game until present day fair game in a deck? Or are there special rules? Are some cards forbidden or restricted? Thanks guys, and I will gladly accept ANY help lol.
I have the same problem with women.
117639611 wrote:
198869283 wrote:
Oh I have a standing rule. If someone plays a Planeswalker I concede the game. I refuse to play with or against people who play Planeswalkers. They really did ruin the game.
A turn two Tibalt win?! Wicked... Betcha don't see that everyday.

The Pony Co. 

Is this my new ego sig? Yes it is, other Barry
57461258 wrote:
And that's why you should never, ever call RP Jesus on being a troll, because then everyone else playing along gets outed, too, and the thread goes back to being boring.
57461258 wrote:
See, this is why RPJesus should be in charge of the storyline. The novel line would never have been cancelled if he had been running the show. Specifically the Slobad and Geth's Head talkshow he just described.
57461258 wrote:
Not only was that an obligatory joke, it was an on-topic post that still managed to be off-topic due to thread derailment. RP Jesus does it again folks.
92481331 wrote:
I think I'm gonna' start praying to Jesus... That's right, RPJesus, I'm gonna' be praying to you, right now. O' Jesus Please continue to make my time here on the forums fun and cause me to chuckle. Amen.
92481331 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
It was wonderful. Us Johnnies had a field day. That Timmy with the Grizzly bears would actually have to think about swinging into your Mogg Fanatic, giving you time to set up your silly combo. Nowadays it's all DERPSWING! with thier blue jeans and their MP3 players and their EM EM OH AR PEE JEES and their "Dewmocracy" and their children's card games and their Jersey Shores and their Tattooed Tenaged Vampire Hunters from Beverly Hills
Seriously, that was amazing. I laughed my *ss off. Made my day, and I just woke up.
[quote=ArtVenn You're still one of my favorite people... just sayin'.[/quote]
56756068 wrote:
56786788 wrote:
.....would it be a bit blasphemous if I said, "PRAYSE RPJAYSUS!" like an Evangelical preacher?
Perhaps, but who doesn't like to blaspheme every now and again? Especially when Mr. RPJesus is completely right.
56756068 wrote:
I don't say this often, but ... LOL
57526128 wrote:
You... You... Evil something... I actualy made the damn char once I saw the poster... Now you made me see it again and I gained resolve to put it into my campaign. Shell be high standing oficial of Cyrix order. Uterly mad and only slightly evil. And it'll be bad. Evil even. And ill blame you and Lizard for it :P.
57042968 wrote:
111809331 wrote:
I'm trying to work out if you're being sarcastic here. ...
Am going to stop you right there... it's RPJesus... he's always sarcastic
58335208 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
112114441 wrote:
we can only hope it gets the jace treatment...it could have at least been legendary
So that even the decks that don't run it run it to deal with it? Isn't that like the definition of format warping?
I lol'd.
56287226 wrote:
98088088 wrote:
Uktabi Orangutan What the heck's going on with those monkeys?
The most common answer is that they are what RPJesus would call "[Debutantes avert your eyes]ing."
56965458 wrote:
Show
57461258 wrote:
116498949 wrote:
I’ve removed content from this thread because off-topic discussions are a violation of the Code of Conduct. You can review the Code here: www.wizards.com/Company/About.aspx?x=wz_... Please keep your posts polite, on-topic, and refrain from making personal attacks. You are welcome to disagree with one another but please do so respectfully and constructively. If you wish to report a post for Code of Conduct violation, click on the “Report Post” button above the post and this will submit your report to the moderators on duty.
...Am I the only one that thinks this is reaching the point of downright Kafkaesque insanity?
I condone the use of the word Kafkaesque. However, I'm presentely ambivalent. I mean, that can't be serious, right? We're April 1st, right? They didn't mod RPJesus for off-topic discussion when the WHOLE THREAD IS OFF-TOPIC, right? Right.
57545908 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
Save or die. If you disagree with this, you're wrong (Not because of any points or arguements that have been made, but I just rolled a d20 for you and got a 1, so you lose).
58397368 wrote:
58222628 wrote:
This just won the argument, AFAIC.
That's just awesome.
57471038 wrote:
57718868 wrote:
HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THE BEAR PRODUCING WORDS OF WILDING?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!
That's what RPJesus tends to do. That's why I don't think he's a real person, but some Magic Card Archive Server sort of machine, that is programmed to react to other posters' comments with obscure cards that do in fact exist, but somehow missed by even the most experienced Magic players. And then come up with strange combos with said cards. All of that is impossible for a normal human to do given the amount of time he does it and how often he does it. He/It got me with Light of Sanction, which prompted me to go to RQ&A to try and find if it was even possible to do combat damage to a creature I control (in light that Mark of Asylum exists).
71235715 wrote:
+10
100176878 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
57078538 wrote:
heaven or hell.
Round 1. Lets rock.
GG quotes! RPJesus just made this thread win!
56906968 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
143359585 wrote:
Blue players get all the overpowerered cards like JTMS. I think it's time that wizards gave something to people who remember what magic is really about: creatures.
Initially yes, Wizards was married to blue. However, about a decade ago they had a nasty divorce, and a few years after that they began courting the attention of Green. Then in Worldwake they had a nasty affair with their ex, but as of Innistrad, things seem to have gotten back on track, and Wizards has even proposed.
You are my favorite. Yes you. And moments like this make it so. Thank you RPJesus for just being you.
On what flavor text fits me:
57307308 wrote:
Surely RPJesus gets Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius?
56874518 wrote:
First: I STILL can't take you seriously with that avatar. And I can take RPJesus seriously, so that's saying something.
121689989 wrote:
I'd offer you a cookie for making me laugh but it has an Upkeep Cost that has been known to cause people to quit eating.
56267956 wrote:
I <3 you loads
57400888 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
"AINT NO LAWS IN THE SKY MOTHER****." - Agrus Kos, Wojek Veteran
10/10. Amazing.
"Can you do better?" is not a legitimate response to criticism.



Although that's not really what he said.  Dragon (which is going to be the best, short-term source for any new Artificer goodies, until a putative "Arcane Power II" comes out) has always been limited by publishing what people are willing to write / submit. 
"Of course [Richard] has a knife. He always has a knife. We all have knives. It's 1183, and we're barbarians!" - Eleanor of Aquitaine, "The Lion in Winter"
Well, if you think they need to produce more content, then perhaps you should be the one to provide it. Submit a proposal to Dragon.



"Can you do better?" is not a legitimate response to criticism.

It is when it is a possible solution.
Well, if you think they need to produce more content, then perhaps you should be the one to provide it. Submit a proposal to Dragon.



"Can you do better?" is not a legitimate response to criticism.

It is when it is a possible solution.




Its not really a possible solution. Its not like i can sit down, type a handful of neato cool powers, email it, and get to have it in the dragon. Its kinda like he complained about not having money fast enough and you sent him to casino. That was ran by carnies. And since an hour of time is worth 7.25 apperently, that means for every hour he spends trying to play your carnie casino, he just spent 7.25.
I'd get along more with people if they didn't jump onto a hyberbole every single time you say something they don't understand.
I wonder what's the acceptance rate on artificer article submissions. Could be pretty high. Or dismally low. Don't know til you try, I guess.

On that note, I wonder if I can find some time to work on that proposal for one. Meh, but I hate throwing stuff into the ether, so I won't. Which is, of course, my problem. So, if you're adamant enough that there should be more content that you'll post it in the entirely wrong forum, then sure, send a proposal of your own in.

I'd love to get another Weapon at-will option on my artificer. And more options, like the armors from that last article, are always good.
Keith Richmond Living Forgotten Realms Epic Writing Director

"Can you do better?" is not a legitimate response to criticism.



It is, however, an indirect request for constructive criticism.

Its not really a possible solution. Its not like i can sit down, type a handful of neato cool powers, email it, and get to have it in the dragon.



Sure, you can.  They accept submissions.  You need to be a good writer, and have a good grasp of 4E mechanics, to have a legitimate shot at getting it published, of course, but it's not an impossibility.
"Of course [Richard] has a knife. He always has a knife. We all have knives. It's 1183, and we're barbarians!" - Eleanor of Aquitaine, "The Lion in Winter"
Well, if you think they need to produce more content, then perhaps you should be the one to provide it. Submit a proposal to Dragon.



"Can you do better?" is not a legitimate response to criticism.

It is when it is a possible solution.




Its not really a possible solution. Its not like i can sit down, type a handful of neato cool powers, email it, and get to have it in the dragon. Its kinda like he complained about not having money fast enough and you sent him to casino. That was ran by carnies. And since an hour of time is worth 7.25 apperently, that means for every hour he spends trying to play your carnie casino, he just spent 7.25.

I guess you don't want it bad enough.

Its not really a possible solution. Its not like i can sit down, type a handful of neato cool powers, email it, and get to have it in the dragon. Its kinda like he complained about not having money fast enough and you sent him to casino. That was ran by carnies. And since an hour of time is worth 7.25 apperently, that means for every hour he spends trying to play your carnie casino, he just spent 7.25.



Maybe it's the fever I'm running, but this made no sense to me.
Sorry WOTC, you lost me with Essentials. So where I used to buy every book that came out, now I will be very choosy about what I buy. Can we just get back to real 4e? Check out the 4e Conversion Wiki. 1. Wizards fight dirty. They hit their enemies in the NADs. -- Dragon9 2. A barbarian hits people with his axe. A warlord hits people with his barbarian. 3. Boo-freakin'-hoo, ya light-slingin' finger-wigglers. -- MrCelcius in response to the Cleric's Healer's Lore nerf
Its not really a possible solution. Its not like i can sit down, type a handful of neato cool powers, email it, and get to have it in the dragon. Its kinda like he complained about not having money fast enough and you sent him to casino. That was ran by carnies. And since an hour of time is worth 7.25 apperently, that means for every hour he spends trying to play your carnie casino, he just spent 7.25.



Maybe it's the fever I'm running, but this made no sense to me.




Its simple really. Even if I was to sit down and write a bunch of stuff and send it in, what are the odds it will even see the door of the editor? Since minimum wage is 7.25 per hour, that means that for every hour I've spent, I used up 7.25 of my time. Carnies don't play fair. Thus they are likely to rip you off. Casinos don't play fair either. So combine carnies and casinios and you have a double rip off.

In this case though he isn't so much getting ripped off as he is just getting the shaft. Course the counter argument is "go make it yourself!" in which i detest it. Particarlly because as someone said, you have to have a good ability to write and a good grasp of 4e. As you are reading through this, you can obviously tell that my ability to write is sub-par and  incapable of supporting the massive requirements that are needed in order to write an artical. You did say after all that what i thought made perfect sense made no sense. Its filled with spelling and grammer and whatever other writing mistakes.

Then there is my grasp on 4ed rules. I think i have a pretty good grasp on how 4ed works. But everyone always tells me how wrong i am. Fighters can't be a defender with a bow. Races can't be large. You can't have any overlap between classes, you can have overlap between classes. Strikers arn't concerd with actually living through a fight, only zergin the enemy and spaming every attack they have in the first round. ect ect ect.

Just ask Crimson_Concerto. He tells me how dumb i am all the time. (Mind you not directly saying I'm dumb, I'm just paraphrasing lots of comments about what i thought would work and he says won't.)

The complaint of course is that there isn't enough artificer content. Does this mean that no artificer content has ever been sent in by the raving public? I doubt thats the case. I can bet fairly well that there are people sending in things all the time.. changeling feats, shifter racial features, or content for the left out classes. There was a guy who sent in some stuff on kobolds. Never heard anything about it. Infact most of the stuff we are seeing now, reeks of oldness. Like a couple months old. granted they get updated a little bit, but seriously they seem to be behind themselves.


I'd get along more with people if they didn't jump onto a hyberbole every single time you say something they don't understand.


The complaint of course is that there isn't enough artificer content. Does this mean that no artificer content has ever been sent in by the raving public? I doubt thats the case. I can bet fairly well that there are people sending in things all the time.. changeling feats, shifter racial features, or content for the left out classes. There was a guy who sent in some stuff on kobolds. Never heard anything about it. Infact most of the stuff we are seeing now, reeks of oldness. Like a couple months old. granted they get updated a little bit, but seriously they seem to be behind themselves.





I just have to call you out the 'reeks of oldness' from this paragraph. There's this thing called 'publication lead time'. Even for a digital medium such as DDI, there are layout and review steps that will be taken before publication that mean that if I submitted a proposal now I would probably not expect to see my bits on the site until May or June at the earliest. (Particularly with December and January being partial-work months for WotC/D&D staff, due to the holiday shutdown at WotC for Christmas/New Years and DDXP pulling staff offsite).

 So, yeah, in-house authors are on shorter lead times than outside submitters, but the absolute least lead time still would require (in enterprises that want to not slip posting dates) that they have the article in hand to lay out and cook PDFs from by the time the editorial calendar is posted for the months. I don't see how this should 'reek of oldness'...
It reeks of oldness, because of the publication time. By the time one book comes out, we got 2-3 more months to go at the very least before we start seeing things of that book taking hold in the magazine.

Thus there could be an overwelming amount of artificer goodies just sitting back in the que and not being released because of time and a low priority. Its been six months now since ebberon has been released. And nothing for artificer that I've seen.
I'd get along more with people if they didn't jump onto a hyberbole every single time you say something they don't understand.
There's this thing called 'publication lead time'. Even for a digital medium such as DDI, there are layout and review steps that will be taken before publication

Sure, but at least they don't also waste time on pointless playtesting ;)
Thus there could be an overwelming amount of artificer goodies just sitting back in the que and not being released because of time and a low priority. Its been six months now since ebberon has been released. And nothing for artificer that I've seen.

Except for last month's Dragon article...
Thus there could be an overwelming amount of artificer goodies just sitting back in the que and not being released because of time and a low priority. Its been six months now since ebberon has been released. And nothing for artificer that I've seen.

Except for last month's Dragon article...



Yeah, because an entire new class feature choice is clearly 'nothing'.

Personally, I would like to have seen support for primal warforged in Primal Power. if I worry about it enough, I'll cook up a proposal. If not... it's not something I expect to get a lot of traction internally at WotC.

 
Thus there could be an overwelming amount of artificer goodies just sitting back in the que and not being released because of time and a low priority. Its been six months now since ebberon has been released. And nothing for artificer that I've seen.

Except for last month's Dragon article...



I didn't see that one.
I'd get along more with people if they didn't jump onto a hyberbole every single time you say something they don't understand.