Magic Arcana / Card of the Day / Daily Decks - December, 2009

90 posts / 0 new
Last post

This thread is for discussion of magicthegathering.com's Magic Arcana, Card of the Day, and Daily Decks features for the month of December, 2009.

I was sitting at work today planning to build a deck almost exactly the same as the Mono-White Tokens deck posted today, except using Ajani Goldmane. I was surprised to come home and find the deck sitting there on the Deck of the Day o_O

At least I have a worlds-quality deck to compare my choices with ^_^ 
The Kor have gotten so ugly.
It's so weird that WoW seems to have set the standard for how fantasy being should look, while aesthetics seem to have never been the main focus for their models.

Val Mayerik, we miss you. 
Nica Arcana today (12/02) it's always good to look at Darksteel Citadel in a bigger size.
OMG click HERE! OMG! How to autocard and use decklist format
--->
For autocarding, write [c][/c] with the name of the card inside it. [c]Island[/c] = Island For linking a card to Gatherer without writting the name of said card for readers, use the autocard brackets together with and equal sign and right the name of the real card. Then put the message you want inside the tags, like you would do with autocarding. Like this: [c=Curse of the Cabal]Captain Never-resolves[/c] = Captain Never-resolves For using the decklist format, follow this: [deck] 4* Terramorphic Expanse 4* Evolving Wilds ... [/deck] It equals:
Real signature, Sblocked for space:
57817638 wrote:
I like storm crow because I really like crows in real life, as an animal, and the card isn't terribly stupid, but packs a good deal of nostalgia and also a chunck of the game's history. So it's perhaps one of the cards I have most affection to, but not because "lol storm crow is bad hurr hurr durr".
Listen to my SoundCloud while you read my signature. The Island, Come And See, The Landlord's Daughter, You'll Not Feel The Drowning - The Decemberists by vimschy IMAGE(http://dragcave.net/image/rkvR.gif)IMAGE(http://dragcave.net/image/L3es.gif) IMAGE(http://dragcave.net/image/m71H.gif)
Quotes
56747598 wrote:
57295478 wrote:
Although I do assume you deliberately refer to them (DCI) as The Grand Imperial Convocation of Evil just for the purposes of making them sound like an ancient and terrible conspiracy.
Now, now. 1994 doesn't quite qualify as "ancient".
56734518 wrote:
Oh, it's a brilliant plan. You see, Bolas was travelling through shadowmoor, causing trouble, when he saw a Wickerbough Elder with its stylin' dead scarecrow hat. Now, Bolas being Bolas took the awesome hat and he put it on his head, but even with all his titanic powers of magic he couldn't make it fit. He grabbed some more scarecrows, but then a little kithkin girl asked if he was trying to build a toupee. "BY ALL THE POWERS IN THE MULTIVERSE!" he roared, "I WILL HAVE A HAT WORTHY OF MY GLORY." and so he went through his Dark Lore of Doom (tm) looking for something he could make into a hat that would look as stylish on him as a scarecrow does on a treefolk. He thought about the Phyrexians, but they were covered in goopy oil that would make his nonexistant hair greasy. He Tried out angels for a while but they didn't sit quite right. Then, he looked under "e" (because in the Elder Draconic alphabet, "e" for Eldrazi is right next to "h" for Hat) in his Dark Lore of Doom and saw depictions of the Eldrazi, and all their forms. "THIS SHALL BE MY HAT!" he declared, poking a picture of Emrakul, "AND WITH IT I WILL USHER IN A NEW AGE OF DARKNESS -- ER, I MEAN A NEW AGE OF FASHION!" And so Nicol Bolas masterminded the release of the Eldrazi.
57864098 wrote:
Rhox War Monk just flips pancakes, and if games have told us anything, it's that food = life.
56747598 wrote:
76973988 wrote:
This thread has gotten creepy. XP
Really? Really? The last couple days have been roughly every perverse fetish imaginable, but it only got "creepy" when speculation on Mother of Runes's mob affiliation came up?
76672808 wrote:
57864098 wrote:
57531048 wrote:
Nice mana base. Not really.
Yeah, really. If my deck was going to cost $1000+, I'd at least make it good.
99812049 wrote:
I like to think up what I consider clever names for my decks, only later to be laughed at by my wife. It kills me a little on the inside, but thats what marriage is about.
56816728 wrote:
56854588 wrote:
Of course, the best use [of tolaria west] is transmuting for the real Tolaria. ;)
Absolutely. I used to loose to my buddy's Banding deck for ages, it was then that I found out about Tolaria, and I was finally able win my first game.
70246459 wrote:
WOAH wait wait wait
56957928 wrote:
You know, being shallow and jusdgmental aside, "I later found out that Jon infiltrated his way into OKCupid dates with at least two other people"
56957928 wrote:
"I later found out that Jon infiltrated his way into OKCupid dates with at least two other people"
56957928 wrote:
Jon infiltrated his way into OKCupid dates
56957928 wrote:
OH MY GOD
109874309 wrote:
The only way I'd cast this card is into a bonfire.
82032421 wrote:
The short answer is that there's no rule barring annoying people from posting, but there a rule barring us from harassing them about it.
56747598 wrote:
Browbeat is a card that is an appropriate deck choice when there's no better idea available. "No better idea available" was pretty much the running theme of Odyssey era.
56874518 wrote:
Or perhaps it was a more straightforward comment indicating a wish for you to be bitten (Perhaps repeatedly) by a small yet highly venomous arachnid.
70246459 wrote:
58280208 wrote:
You're an idiot, and I'm in no mood for silliness.
57817638 wrote:
57145078 wrote:
You just... Vektor it.
That's the answer to everything.
70246459 wrote:
58347268 wrote:
I think the problem is that you don't exist.
This would sound great out of context!
56965458 wrote:
Modern is like playing a new tournament every time : you build a deck, you win with it, don't bother keeping it. Just build another, its key pieces will get banned.
57864098 wrote:
57309598 wrote:
I specifically remember posting a thread when I was just a witty bitty noob.
You make it sound like that's still not the case.
58325628 wrote:
Rap is what happens when the c from crap is taken away.
Doug Beyer:
But sometimes it's also challenging. Because sometimes OH MY GOD, WHAT THE HELL IS THIS THING?
141434757 wrote:
Flashforward five thousand years (Click for atmosphere) :
57927608 wrote:
to paraphrase Jeff Goldblum, Vektor finds a way.
58347268 wrote:
when in rome **** AND PILLAGE
143229641 wrote:
I always find it helpful when im angry to dress up in an owl costume and rub pennies all over my body in front of a full body mirror next to the window.
Dymecoar:
Playing Magic without Blue is like sleeping without any sheets or blankets. You can do it...but why?
Omega137:
Me: "I love the moment when a control deck stabilizes. It feels so... right." Omega137: "I like the life drop part until you get there, it's the MtG variant of bungee jumping"
Zigeif777:
Just do it like Yu-Gi-Oh or monkeys: throw all the crap you got at them and hope it works or else the by-standers (or opponents) just get dirty and pissed.
57471038 wrote:
58258708 wrote:
It's true that Alpha and Beta didn't contain any cards like Tarmogoyf, Darksteel Colossus, or Platinum Angel. It just contained weak, insignificant cards like Black Lotus, Mox Sapphire, and Time Walk.
Normally it's difficult to pick up on your jokes/sarcasm. But this one's pretty much out there. Good progress. You have moved up to Humanoid. You'll be Human in no time.
91893448 wrote:
94618431 wrote:
I didn't know Samurai were known to be able to cut down whole armies...
They can when they're using lightsabers!
57129358 wrote:
97980259 wrote:
My wife brought home a baby black squirrel they found on a horse track and cared for it for a few days. We named it Grixis, but it died.
Unearth it!
70246459 wrote:
[/spoiler] And I'm on Magic Arcana. How about you? Oh, by the way, I'm also on From the Lab now. Twice, actually. And now with my own submited decklist!
odd that they point to mirrodin's core, and not to mycosynth lattice, where you can not only see the growths a lot better but understand something about them.
I've always wondered why Darksteel Citadel, which is meant to represent Panopticon, has sunlight and clouds in the background. It's meant to be in the center of the hollow plane of Mirrodin.
I've always wondered why Darksteel Citadel, which is meant to represent Panopticon, has sunlight and clouds in the background. It's meant to be in the center of the hollow plane of Mirrodin.

At least now I've managed to see the Panopticon on the top of it.
--->
For autocarding, write [c][/c] with the name of the card inside it. [c]Island[/c] = Island For linking a card to Gatherer without writting the name of said card for readers, use the autocard brackets together with and equal sign and right the name of the real card. Then put the message you want inside the tags, like you would do with autocarding. Like this: [c=Curse of the Cabal]Captain Never-resolves[/c] = Captain Never-resolves For using the decklist format, follow this: [deck] 4* Terramorphic Expanse 4* Evolving Wilds ... [/deck] It equals:
57817638 wrote:
I like storm crow because I really like crows in real life, as an animal, and the card isn't terribly stupid, but packs a good deal of nostalgia and also a chunck of the game's history. So it's perhaps one of the cards I have most affection to, but not because "lol storm crow is bad hurr hurr durr".
Listen to my SoundCloud while you read my signature. The Island, Come And See, The Landlord's Daughter, You'll Not Feel The Drowning - The Decemberists by vimschy IMAGE(http://dragcave.net/image/rkvR.gif)IMAGE(http://dragcave.net/image/L3es.gif) IMAGE(http://dragcave.net/image/m71H.gif)
Quotes
56747598 wrote:
57295478 wrote:
Although I do assume you deliberately refer to them (DCI) as The Grand Imperial Convocation of Evil just for the purposes of making them sound like an ancient and terrible conspiracy.
56734518 wrote:
Oh, it's a brilliant plan. You see, Bolas was travelling through shadowmoor, causing trouble, when he saw a Wickerbough Elder with its stylin' dead scarecrow hat. Now, Bolas being Bolas took the awesome hat and he put it on his head, but even with all his titanic powers of magic he couldn't make it fit. He grabbed some more scarecrows, but then a little kithkin girl asked if he was trying to build a toupee. "BY ALL THE POWERS IN THE MULTIVERSE!" he roared, "I WILL HAVE A HAT WORTHY OF MY GLORY." and so he went through his Dark Lore of Doom (tm) looking for something he could make into a hat that would look as stylish on him as a scarecrow does on a treefolk. He thought about the Phyrexians, but they were covered in goopy oil that would make his nonexistant hair greasy. He Tried out angels for a while but they didn't sit quite right. Then, he looked under "e" (because in the Elder Draconic alphabet, "e" for Eldrazi is right next to "h" for Hat) in his Dark Lore of Doom and saw depictions of the Eldrazi, and all their forms. "THIS SHALL BE MY HAT!" he declared, poking a picture of Emrakul, "AND WITH IT I WILL USHER IN A NEW AGE OF DARKNESS -- ER, I MEAN A NEW AGE OF FASHION!" And so Nicol Bolas masterminded the release of the Eldrazi.
57864098 wrote:
Rhox War Monk just flips pancakes, and if games have told us anything, it's that food = life.
56747598 wrote:
76973988 wrote:
Really? Really? The last couple days have been roughly every perverse fetish imaginable, but it only got "creepy" when speculation on Mother of Runes's mob affiliation came up?
76672808 wrote:
57864098 wrote:
57531048 wrote:
99812049 wrote:
I like to think up what I consider clever names for my decks, only later to be laughed at by my wife. It kills me a little on the inside, but thats what marriage is about.
56816728 wrote:
56854588 wrote:
Of course, the best use [of tolaria west] is transmuting for the real Tolaria. ;)
Absolutely. I used to loose to my buddy's Banding deck for ages, it was then that I found out about Tolaria, and I was finally able win my first game.
70246459 wrote:
WOAH wait wait wait
56957928 wrote:
You know, being shallow and jusdgmental aside, "I later found out that Jon infiltrated his way into OKCupid dates with at least two other people"
56957928 wrote:
"I later found out that Jon infiltrated his way into OKCupid dates with at least two other people"
56957928 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
OH MY GOD
109874309 wrote:
82032421 wrote:
The short answer is that there's no rule barring annoying people from posting, but there a rule barring us from harassing them about it.
56747598 wrote:
Browbeat is a card that is an appropriate deck choice when there's no better idea available. "No better idea available" was pretty much the running theme of Odyssey era.
56874518 wrote:
Or perhaps it was a more straightforward comment indicating a wish for you to be bitten (Perhaps repeatedly) by a small yet highly venomous arachnid.
70246459 wrote:
58280208 wrote:
57817638 wrote:
57145078 wrote:
You just... Vektor it.
70246459 wrote:
58347268 wrote:
56965458 wrote:
Modern is like playing a new tournament every time : you build a deck, you win with it, don't bother keeping it. Just build another, its key pieces will get banned.
57864098 wrote:
57309598 wrote:
58325628 wrote:
Doug Beyer:
But sometimes it's also challenging. Because sometimes OH MY GOD, WHAT THE HELL IS THIS THING?
141434757 wrote:
57927608 wrote:
58347268 wrote:
143229641 wrote:
I always find it helpful when im angry to dress up in an owl costume and rub pennies all over my body in front of a full body mirror next to the window.
Dymecoar:
Playing Magic without Blue is like sleeping without any sheets or blankets. You can do it...but why?
Omega137:
Me: "I love the moment when a control deck stabilizes. It feels so... right." Omega137: "I like the life drop part until you get there, it's the MtG variant of bungee jumping"
Zigeif777:
Just do it like Yu-Gi-Oh or monkeys: throw all the crap you got at them and hope it works or else the by-standers (or opponents) just get dirty and pissed.
57471038 wrote:
58258708 wrote:
It's true that Alpha and Beta didn't contain any cards like Tarmogoyf, Darksteel Colossus, or Platinum Angel. It just contained weak, insignificant cards like Black Lotus, Mox Sapphire, and Time Walk.
Normally it's difficult to pick up on your jokes/sarcasm. But this one's pretty much out there. Good progress. You have moved up to Humanoid. You'll be Human in no time.
91893448 wrote:
94618431 wrote:
57129358 wrote:
97980259 wrote:
My wife brought home a baby black squirrel they found on a horse track and cared for it for a few days. We named it Grixis, but it died.
Unearth it!
70246459 wrote:
[/spoiler] And I'm on Magic Arcana. How about you? Oh, by the way, I'm also on From the Lab now. Twice, actually. And now with my own submited decklist!
From Jino Choi's feature: "Recently wrapped up the final design of Worldwake and the graphic design of the Shards of Alara block all-foil boosters."

Am I reading this incorrectly? Are there going to be boosters composed entirely of foil cards? Or is this simply the wrapper being all foil? Or is there going to be a special booster pack here and there with 15 foil cards and a special wrapper?
this was in an arcana a while back. it will be a 15 card booster with cards from the entire shards block. they will be all foil. i think it's like 12 bucks, i will look for the link and post it.

www.wizards.com/magic/magazine/Article.a...
"a build tuned to beat Jund and much of the rest of the format. And beat them he did!"

Umm, he played zero Jund decks at Worlds with his fog deck according to tournament reports on other sites.

Granted he beat everything else but Jund is actually a bad matchup according to most pros since they have several ways of getting rid of Mine/Font.
Bwahaha... I love the Card of the Day theme. It is the U.S. Bill of Rights, so presumably it will continue into next week.

[C]Steamflogger Boss[/C]: The First Amendment is well-known for its protection of speech, religion, and the press. Less frequently mentioned are the rights of petition and, as in this case, assembly...
[C]Werebear[/C]: He exercises his right to bear arms.
[C]Standing Troops[/C]: The Third Amendment protects citizens from the quartering of troops in their homes.
[C]Thoughtseize[/C]: The Fourth Amendment prevents unreasonable search and seizure.
[C]Tromp the Domains[/C]: Among many other due-process issues, the Fifth Amendment requires "just compensation" in cases of eminent domain (government seizure of private property).
this was in an arcana a while back. it will be a 15 card booster with cards from the entire shards block. they will be all foil. i think it's like 12 bucks, i will look for the link and post it.

www.wizards.com/magic/magazine/Article.a...

I should add that we're getting these in Magic Online as well, however there is also a product image for the same product in both foil and non-foil.  It's not clear if they'll be offering a non-foil Alara Block booster in paper as well.
yay hedron crab! i'm glad a card i liked so much early on (and expected to be pretty unpopular) is showing up in so many different places.
yay hedron crab! i'm glad a card i liked so much early on (and expected to be pretty unpopular) is showing up in so many different places.

Same thing here. I have a new Wallpaper.
--->
57817638 wrote:
Quotes
56747598 wrote:
57295478 wrote:
56734518 wrote:
57864098 wrote:
56747598 wrote:
76973988 wrote:
76672808 wrote:
57864098 wrote:
57531048 wrote:
99812049 wrote:
56816728 wrote:
56854588 wrote:
70246459 wrote:
WOAH wait wait wait
56957928 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
OH MY GOD
109874309 wrote:
82032421 wrote:
56747598 wrote:
56874518 wrote:
70246459 wrote:
58280208 wrote:
57817638 wrote:
57145078 wrote:
You just... Vektor it.
70246459 wrote:
58347268 wrote:
56965458 wrote:
57864098 wrote:
57309598 wrote:
58325628 wrote:
Doug Beyer:
141434757 wrote:
57927608 wrote:
58347268 wrote:
143229641 wrote:
Dymecoar:
Omega137:
Zigeif777:
57471038 wrote:
58258708 wrote:
91893448 wrote:
94618431 wrote:
57129358 wrote:
97980259 wrote:
Unearth it!
70246459 wrote:
[C]Steamflogger Boss[/C]: The First Amendment is well-known for its protection of speech, religion, and the press. Less frequently mentioned are the rights of petition and, as in this case, assembly...

I didn't want to use [C]Steamflogger Boss[/C], because it's somewhat controversial. But it gives a free assembly! How can I turn that down?

see, i think for a lot of people steamflogger himself isn't controversial. it's the knowledge that there is no support intended for him that is the controversey. the reason people get so worked up about him is they LIKE steamflogger boss! being such an optimist, i am still waiting for them to fix the problem and give us some contraptions to assemble. i know in my heart it will happen one day.
see, i think for a lot of people steamflogger himself isn't controversial. it's the knowledge that there is no support intended for him that is the controversey. the reason people get so worked up about him is they LIKE steamflogger boss! being such an optimist, i am still waiting for them to fix the problem and give us some contraptions to assemble. i know in my heart it will happen one day.

I would stop liking him if this happened as it entirely defeats the point. I mean it may be a stupid point but still. I like it.
you are in the minority. defeating the point is what most people wanted wotc to do with the boss.
you are in the minority. defeating the point is what most people wanted wotc to do with the boss.

I don't know whether I agree. All of the fun comes from theorizing what Contraptions/Assmble mean. Its just a card if they explain. I mean its nifty I guess but it ceases being interesting.
i'm not saying you don't have a right to your opinion, or that i don't understand your perspective. i'm saying most people disagree. if you were in the majority, the boss wouldn't be so controversial and it's pretty much a solid fact that he is.

i think contraptions and assembling and riggers would likely turn out to be less cool than we've all imagined if they were actually made. but that doesn't make me or other people want them to never make them.

I didn't want to use [C]Steamflogger Boss[/C], because it's somewhat controversial. But it gives a free assembly! How can I turn that down?

Well if you want to showcase a card that demonstrates both Freedom of Speech and Freedom of Religion, might I suggest [C]Blessed Orator[/C]?
it would be great if you could do following card as wallpaper:
River of Tears

resolutions:
1280x1024
1680x1050

i'm not saying you don't have a right to your opinion, or that i don't understand your perspective. i'm saying most people disagree. if you were in the majority, the boss wouldn't be so controversial and it's pretty much a solid fact that he is.

i think contraptions and assembling and riggers would likely turn out to be less cool than we've all imagined if they were actually made. but that doesn't make me or other people want them to never make them.

I don't think most people really disagree with me though. As a YMTC'er most of the reactions I get to it are there and the number of contraption threads are hilariouss. They wouldn't exist if Contraptions were defined. In addition him not being controversial  would make him less popular cause a crapton of people wouldn't hear about him. We wouldn't be having this argument for example and he wouldn't get his spot in arcana or articles as often as he does. Its like a murder mystery where you never find out the murderer that becomes famous because of it. Sure most people are clamoring to know but they don't really want to know. It would defeat the point and it would have just been a run-of-the-mill movie without worth of mention.
you're right that he wouldn't be nearly as big a deal. but that isn't relevant to whether people are upset about him being a joke or want him to be supported by design. i think most people who care want contraptions to be real and are upset that they aren't. whether or not they'd even care at all about contraptions if they had existed in the first place doesn't change that they are upset they don't exist now.
you're right that he wouldn't be nearly as big a deal. but that isn't relevant to whether people are upset about him being a joke or want him to be supported by design. i think most people who care want contraptions to be real and are upset that they aren't. whether or not they'd even care at all about contraptions if they had existed in the first place doesn't change that they are upset they don't exist now.

A lot of the people who want contraptions to be real want their version of contraptions to be real and I have heard very few identical proposals. Many would lost interest even more when their prediction is proven wrong. I guess my point is people are going to feel bad either way at least this way it isn't specifically directed at certain people (ie. people who guessed wrong).
maybe that's true among ymtc people (it would make sense) but i don't know if it's true among the general population. and also there's been so much time since he came out, and people have known for a while that no official support was planned. so that is going to have some effect on people's expectations.
And that is why it belonged in an Un-set. I know there are some that believe the effect was greater by it being given black-bordered authenticity, and there is something to that, but it was just not that way for enough people. Any card can be loved by someone. As an Un-card it would have all of the YMTC goodness without any of the disappointment that accompanied its existence in a black-bordered set (a lot of people were flat-out insulted). You certainly wouldn't have a card a subset of ameteur designers liked and the vast majority hated.

And yes, it was hated. We don't get cards like this anymore for a reason, and that reason is not that it was universally loved except for a handful of people in a forum. Besides the obvious, the big problem that prevented it from being really believable was before the set came out, when they admitted there would be red herrings in the set. If the intention was really to make this believable in a "could happen" context, they should never have said anything at all about the fakes. AF's "elbow to the ribs" article where they admitted that yes, this was one of them (and don't you feel stupid for pulling one, sucker!) was the catalyst for a change made with regards to bad rares. Perhaps if we were all still officially under the pretense that every card would likely see print eventually, the card would have more meaning. (That's a big "perhaps.") But in the end it was a great learning experience for R&D. I think it has served a much greater purpose.
New Avatar of Woe:
I didn't like it. But when I saw the original art in bigger size, I realized for the first that the avatar has three arms. So it went from "ugly" to "meh".
--->
57817638 wrote:
Quotes
56747598 wrote:
57295478 wrote:
56734518 wrote:
57864098 wrote:
56747598 wrote:
76973988 wrote:
76672808 wrote:
57864098 wrote:
57531048 wrote:
99812049 wrote:
56816728 wrote:
56854588 wrote:
70246459 wrote:
WOAH wait wait wait
56957928 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
OH MY GOD
109874309 wrote:
82032421 wrote:
56747598 wrote:
56874518 wrote:
70246459 wrote:
58280208 wrote:
57817638 wrote:
57145078 wrote:
You just... Vektor it.
70246459 wrote:
58347268 wrote:
56965458 wrote:
57864098 wrote:
57309598 wrote:
58325628 wrote:
Doug Beyer:
141434757 wrote:
57927608 wrote:
58347268 wrote:
143229641 wrote:
Dymecoar:
Omega137:
Zigeif777:
57471038 wrote:
58258708 wrote:
91893448 wrote:
94618431 wrote:
57129358 wrote:
97980259 wrote:
Unearth it!
70246459 wrote:
i like, but don't love, the original. this one i couldn't care less about.
We don't get cards like this anymore for a reason, and that reason is not that it was universally loved except for a handful of people in a forum.

Or maybe it's because such a card would have no place in a set other than Future Sight.

For what it's worth, it's my favourite card of the set. I agree that uncommon would be a better place for it, though.
I'm talking about the entire sub-category of "feel bad" rares, not just the Boss. Cards that make the players that open them feel like they threw money in the gutter have not been seen much since then.
they've been replaced with cards that you almost never see but when you open them it's like you won the lottery. for all the complaining that's gone on (mine included) i have to admit that's an improvement. although i have been known to like awful offensive rares, myself.
I guess I'll just agree to disagree with you two here. <3 <3 <3 <3
personally i prefer the moonlaces and the one with nothings but i understand objectively that baneslayer is a better card to be a rare than they are. and if mythics didn't exist baneslayer probably wouldn't be so jacked up in price. the existence of mythics muddies the debate a bit but i think baneslayer as a regular rare would be preferred to a "crap" rare by most people.
I like my share of Johnny rares as well. But I think there is a limit to how narrow they should go. (They definitely don't want to do this in the days of smaller sets.) There are actually rares in Future Sight that were arguably worse than Steamflogger Boss, who does attack for 3.
plus he pumps and hastes up changelings. some of which, you know, are quite good.

I played against a few chageling decks online in the casual room online when Lorwyn first came out. they could have used the card if it wasn't 4 mana. My brother tried to make it work but he could never draw it before he had an army out.

Things You Might Find In A Courtroom
Things You Might Find In A Courtroom

Yes, that must be it. I like the inclusion of Crime/Punishment, it's a clever way of fiting 6 things in this week's cycle with only the usual 5 cards.
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, those who don't and those that didn't expect this joke to be in base 3.
since the split cards are 3 colors, they would HAVE to be split across guilds. since guilds are two colors. as far as i can tell from the pictures all the 3 color split cards from that block are split between two guilds.
Apparently, the Fortune Thief article isn't working - the images within the article aren't appearing, instead, the links only launch Gatherer.

Coming up with weird ideas to make everyone happy since 2008!

I have now started a blog as an appropriate place to put my crazy ideas.

Sign In to post comments