Yt-1930?

Anyone got a YT-1930 deckplan Scaled and gridded to 1 inch=1.5 meters?
Ok well than can someone tell me how to do this????? I know how to resize the image. I haven't a clue how to get the right scale gris onto it.
There are some nice tutorials here: The Holocron (Holocron guides)
For what I can understand you need some basics, so look at the armoredgear7's one.
The art of storytelling is reaching its end because the epic side of truth, wisdom, is dying out. Walter Benjamin My products: Healthtracker: keep track of your minions' hp/shield/conditions in SAGA edition (xls format) Carte dei poteri della Forza: Force Power Cards updated to RECG in italian DoD la traduzione della community: DoD italian translation project
I already have a deck plan. I need to put a grid on it at the right scale.  So those tutorials don't help me. They are for starting from scratch.
But if you learn how to make a grid (expecially if you use the armoredgear7's files) you can than apply it to everything you have... a deckplan is a map afterall, or am I missing something?
The art of storytelling is reaching its end because the epic side of truth, wisdom, is dying out. Walter Benjamin My products: Healthtracker: keep track of your minions' hp/shield/conditions in SAGA edition (xls format) Carte dei poteri della Forza: Force Power Cards updated to RECG in italian DoD la traduzione della community: DoD italian translation project

(from wookiepedia)
This image is 19,25 cm in height and wookiepedia stats the lenght of the yt-1930 at 35 m
So for a 1,5 m square you have to make a grid of 2,7 cm per facet
right. but how do you make the grid to line up with it?
Sorry, maybe I am dumb Tongue out, but I do not see what you are looking for. Unless you do not know how to manage with layers and brushes in a image editor software (namely photoshop), with the tools I submitted before, you should succeed without any big problems.
  1. open the image you want to use and make a new layer that you will fill with the grid

2. make your math to create a squared brush with the right facet (or resize the one downloaded from armoredgears7's files)

3. fill the new layer with squares (remember to make a brush with a black/dark perimeter and a transparent area so you can see under the grid layer)

4. cut the part of the grid you do not want to see

5. make other layers for the objects you want to fill in the ship. In the same website I suggested before you can find even nice looking premade objects...

If you do not know what layers and brushes are, well, I cannot explain here: too long and difficult for me (I am italian and my english is too poor). But you can find every tutorial you need on the net.
I know what layers and brushes are. But you keep leaving out the important part. How do I get a grid that is the right size.
I think you're going about it the wrong way. Don't scale the grid. Scale the ship. Make a grid that is the correct number of meters long/wide. Someone else stated what the official liength of the ship is, use that. Put your ship pic into the same image as a new layer, then scale it to match the number of grid squares it's supposed to be. This keeps the grid nice and clean. Use a high enough resolution image of the ship, and it won't really make a difference when you scale it to fit the grid. I personally use a silly freeware program called 'Interactive Dungeon' which has a grid when you open it. I then scrfeen capture the screen and copy it into a new photoshop file, crop it to the size I want, and that's it.
Winner of "You Make The... Contest #1: Starfighters"
all this talk about special "photoshop" techniques...

why don't you simply open the image in "MSPaint" and
draw the lines across the image in your choice of
contrasting color and save it? 

then crop and save it into four pieces,
upper-left...upper-right...lower-left...lower-right,
print each onto a full page and then tape them together
to make your game map.

(from wookiepedia)
This image is 19,25 cm in height and wookiepedia stats the lenght of the yt-1930 at 35 m
So for a 1,5 m square you have to make a grid of 2,7 cm per facet

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together" -- Carl Zwanzig

Shaman.jpg
D&D Home Page - What Class Are You? - Build A Character - D&D Compendium

The pen is mightier than the character builder.
Copy this to your sig if you like 4e but don't use the CB.

Because I am trying to get the grid to the right scale. your way is imprecise and difficult to get it right.
Because I am trying to get the grid to the right scale. your way is imprecise and difficult to get it right.

well, ain't that the truth now...difficult

too hard to think thru the process of making the squares on the image print out at one inch size?

you've already measured the image...
one inch (2.5cm) = 1.5 meters (or 2 meters if using non-SAGA)

1. divide image into 4 or 6 or 8 pieces
2. make a test print of one of those.
3. measure the size of a square.
4. increase or decrease size of image so that the square prints at one inch size. (hint; use %)
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together" -- Carl Zwanzig

Shaman.jpg
D&D Home Page - What Class Are You? - Build A Character - D&D Compendium

The pen is mightier than the character builder.
Copy this to your sig if you like 4e but don't use the CB.

I think you're going about it the wrong way. Don't scale the grid. Scale the ship. Make a grid that is the correct number of meters long/wide. Someone else stated what the official liength of the ship is, use that. Put your ship pic into the same image as a new layer, then scale it to match the number of grid squares it's supposed to be. This keeps the grid nice and clean. Use a high enough resolution image of the ship, and it won't really make a difference when you scale it to fit the grid. I personally use a silly freeware program called 'Interactive Dungeon' which has a grid when you open it. I then scrfeen capture the screen and copy it into a new photoshop file, crop it to the size I want, and that's it.

This is the way I do it, or close to it.

I am not a photoshop expert, but instead use visio as my tool, then print out large sheets (tiled) and assemble them on poster board for big maps.

~ Pak

well, ain't that the truth now...difficult

too hard to think thru the process of making the squares on the image print out at one inch size?

you've already measured the image...
one inch (2.5cm) = 1.5 meters (or 2 meters if using non-SAGA)

1. divide image into 4 or 6 or 8 pieces
2. make a test print of one of those.
3. measure the size of a square.
4. increase or decrease size of image so that the square prints at one inch size. (hint; use %)

thats not the issue. The issue is getting it to be the right size in relation to the image and get the image and the grid all the right size in relation to each other.

I can also cut 2x4s with a hand saw. But why would I want to if I can use a circular saw?
I have photoshop so I don't have to make do paint.

And thanks to Lyn I was able to get what I wanted. Far easier than trying to get it all to work in Paint. Paint is also destructive editing. With photoshop it is nondestructive if you do it right.

I know what layers and brushes are. But you keep leaving out the important part. How do I get a grid that is the right size.

make your math to create a squared brush with the right facet (or resize the one downloaded from armoredgears7's files)

Yet answered. When you create a new brush you can decide, of course, its dimensions: make a squared brush of the right size and, voilà, you can fill a new layer over your ship with the right grid!

make your math to create a squared brush with the right facet (or resize the one downloaded from armoredgears7's files)

Yet answered. When you create a new brush you can decide, of course, its dimensions: make a squared brush of the right size and, voilà, you can fill a new layer over your ship with the right grid!

I couldn't get it to work your way cause you left out to many details. IE step by step instructions for creating the bushes. Lynns way worked for me.
Glad to be of assistance. Sorry I was preoccupied with other things and couldn't just do it in the first place.
Winner of "You Make The... Contest #1: Starfighters"
I couldn't get it to work your way cause you left out to many details. IE step by step instructions for creating the bushes. Lynns way worked for me.

Ok sorry, did not have to much time in the last week. However, I am glad you solved your problem.