Non-Final Fantasy Dragoon Class [Complete]

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
www.scribd.com/doc/22625836/Dragoon

It's a primal striker/controller with a few leaderly powers, that is based around a mounted cavalryman.  Complete with four paragon paths and feats.
no fair..... I was gonna create a Martial-source Cavalier class.....

Now I'll have to come up with something else.

You can still do it. My class is mostly focused around Primal implement attacks and the use of ranged weapons, so if your class is Martial and is more of a melee focused class, there would be plenty of room for differentiation.

You can still do it. My class is mostly focused around Primal implement attacks and the use of ranged weapons, so if your class is Martial and is more of a melee focused class, there would be plenty of room for differentiation.

yea, the Calavier class would be more focused on charging it with some spear, halberd or other weapon while wearing heavier armor, they would be more of a "honorable knight" or "reckless lancer" type of class that charges in and stabs face while having their horse trample any who get in the way.

yea, I'll go work on it.
My virus protection says there is a threat in that link. Was forced to block it.
Long Live Dragonlance and the Nexus! I still want an athasian nightmare beast and a warforged dragon mini! "Look, Meat, I'll tear your face off, rip your throat out and eat what's left-because that's what I do to food like you." ~Thrikreen Intimidation Tactic.
My Custom 4th edition Content (New Content:0)
* My Personal 4e Darksun Material found below: Currently updating.
My virus protection says there is a threat in that link. Was forced to block it.

Huh? o_o I've clicked on it myself several times and I'm not getting any warnings. Are you sure your program isn't mistaking something for a virus?

Huh? o_o I've clicked on it myself several times and I'm not getting any warnings. Are you sure your program isn't mistaking something for a virus?

I think it's a case of overprotective software. The link is clean.
So, does anyone have any comments or notice anything that just jumps out at them? I was a bit worried about balancing the DPR with the Ranger and Barbarian, and making sure the Mount attacks couldn't be used to mete out ridiculous DPR with the right mount choice.

The strongest mounts have basic attacks that do 3d6 damage, so the strongest dragoon attack using the mount would do 12d6 against three different targets, so assuming a +25 damage bonus and a critical hit with a Vicious enchantment on the hooves and a +10 from Dragoon's Charisma bonus if it's his bonded ally, it could do a maximum of 179 damage to each target... pretty high, but IIRC it's in line with some of the upper end Barbarian and Rogue powers, and you'd need to make some lucky rolls to pull it off, or do some serious optimizing.

Plus, I don't know if it would be possible to get a mount's STR to max anyway since they don't start with optimal stats and can't take epic destinies.

Aaaaaand nothing.... >_>
nothing is both good and bad.

It's good that there are no outstanding flaws to grasp onto.
It's bad because there are no fanboys yet. 

What are your plans for play testing? 
Not sure. I mostly just make these for fun. ^_^;

Though, if someone wants to play it and let me know if any problems arise, I could update it.
No takers?
I'm totally gonna push this on my players when I start a game! lol
But seriosly this class looks fun. I really enjoy archers, so this sounds kinda cool to try out. It would work really well with my Beholding race too.
I'll try it!  I have a game coming up where I'm on the player side and party wants a second Striker~ Wink

EDIT:  Reading through, something that comes to mind is that you should probably pick a single ability score to run attacks off of and stick with it.  And if Dexterity's the primary, you should drop chainmail proficiency. Innocent
Is there someplace to get the file without having to pay or upload someting of your own (I don't have anything worth that!)?