When the damn leagues are going to be back?

This "a lot of infrastructure changes" crap from the mtgo client looks much like "never"
leagues were defintely my favourite

i also have a lot of mates who wont play until leagues come back as they find drafting too expensive.

its crazy - theres a brilliant format (un)available that was highly popular - its just astounding with the current standard of game programming that this simple format cannot be reinstated. 
I agree with you!
unfortunately thier time table is "not until 2011" which is rough.  I really enjoyed leagues myself and it was a good way for you to be able to take your time try out a bunch of different things without hurting your rating (if you care) and without losing a ton of money scrubbing out in tourneys.  I really REALLY hope that we see them a LOT sooner than '11 but its looking highly unlikely at this point 8(
I just came back after a 2 year break from Magic Online. I quit after the 'upgrade' to Magic 3 after they removed leagues, promised they'd be back in a couple of months and then changed a couple of months to 8 months. And now 24 months later after I come back, they're still promising they'll be back in later.

I doubt WotC is this incompetent. They're just fishing people along, hoping they'll instead play tournaments/drafts/etc which provide a much higher income per time for Wizards than leagues did. I imagine the chances of us seeing leagues in 2011, or ever again for that matter, are close to 0.
I just came back after a 2 year break from Magic Online. I quit after the 'upgrade' to Magic 3 after they removed leagues, promised they'd be back in a couple of months and then changed a couple of months to 8 months. And now 24 months later after I come back, they're still promising they'll be back in later.

I doubt WotC is this incompetent. They're just fishing people along, hoping they'll instead play tournaments/drafts/etc which provide a much higher income per time for Wizards than leagues did. I imagine the chances of us seeing leagues in 2011, or ever again for that matter, are close to 0.

I think you nailed it my man.  I come back every few months just to see if leagues are up again.  Wizards are either greedy or incompetent.  I wouldn't put either possibility past them after the absolute debacle that was V3.

Smile Go leagues !Smile

I would maybe play in 3 leagues a year, but man I do miss it, such a unique and wonderful format.  Its so frustrating how you can love magic so much and loathe the company that makes it.
CryStill no leaguesCry