Vergere

Anyone make Vergere with SAGA rules?

I am Red/White

Yes...our own Darth_Scorpion:

The controversial character was Vergere - apparently, many people thought that a Jedi Knight of the Old Republic would not willingly assist in torture and her theories on the Force (there is no Dark-side) were also unpopular.
It was due to this 'outrage' that Vergere was retconned to being a Sith in later publications, though I personally don't think she was - she could have had the knowledge of the Sith, but it doesn't mean she was one.

A previous article statted Vergere before this retcon: (Vergere, Master of Mystery)

I decided to stat Vergere myself, but to do so required (IMO) statting the Fosh species and a Force Power that represented her ability to rearrange molecules into healing solutions and contact poisons.

Fosh Species
Ability Modifiers: -2 Str, -2 Con, +2 Int, +2 Wis. Fosh are physically and physiologically weak, but they are more intelligent and perceptive than other species.
Medium Size: As Medium creatures, Fosh have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Speed: Fosh base speed is 6 squares.
Conditional Bonus Feat: Fosh are naturally adept at convincing others to do their bidding and believing their view points. A Fosh with Persuasion as a trained skill gains Skill Focus (Persuasion) as a bonus feat.
Deceptive: Fosh are incredibly deceptive, always creating plots within plots even for simple goals, thus making it difficult to determine their motives. Deception is always considered a class-skill for Fosh.
Expert Jumper: Fosh are natural jumpers due to their reverse articulated legs. Fosh may choose to reroll any Jump check, but the result of the reroll must be accepted even if it worse.
Automatic Languages: Fosh

These stats were based upon the Wookieepedia entry on the Fosh species. I have disregarded their pheromonal abilities as it seems to be an intraspecies activity largely irrelevant to play.

Vergere's tears were the product of her Force abilities rather than something inherent to the species (which could manipulate them to create pheromones). Speaking of which, here is the power that represents her abilities in this area:

Rearrangement [Telekinetic]

You are capable of reaching out with the Force on a microscopic level, allowing you to rearrange molecules in your tears, sweat or other bodily fluids to produce a variety of unusual effects.
Time: Full Round action. Target: You.
Make a Use the Force Check: The result of the check determines the result, if any:

• DC 25: You synthesise a single dosage of either a healing solution (heals 1d10 Hit Points instantly) or a contact poison (1d20+5 attack vs. Fortitude Defence, attacks once every 10 rounds, Treat Injury DC 25 to cure).

• DC 30: As DC 25, except the healing solution (heals 2d10 Hit Points and cures poisoning instantly) or contact poison (1d20+10 attack vs. Fortitude Defence, attacks once every 5 rounds, Treat Injury DC 30 to cure) is more potent.

• DC 35: As DC 25, except the healing solution (heals 5d10 Hit Points, cures poisoning and disease instantly) or contact poison (1d20+15 attack vs. Fortitude Defence, attacks once every 2 rounds, Treat Injury DC 35 to cure) is very potent. This application requires the expenditure of a Force Point at the conclusion of the Use the Force check for a successful synthesis.

• DC 40: As DC 25, except the healing solution (heals 10d10 Hit Points and cures all afflictions instantly) or contact poison (1d20+20 attack vs. Fortitude Defence, attacks once every round, Treat Injury DC 40 to cure) is of a potency impossible to achieve without the Force. This application requires the expenditure of a Destiny Point at the conclusion of the Use the Force check for a successful synthesis.

Special: The contact poison (which may be of any type found in the SECR, eg. paralytic/lethal/etc. and causes the same damage found in their respective entries) may be administered directly to a hostile opponent with a successful unarmed attack. In addition, this power can be utilised in conjunction with any Force Sensitivity concealment abilities (eg. Clear Mind, Buried Presence) without revealing your Force presence.
Note: Only those who have studied with Vergere or those to whom she has taught this ability may select this Force Power for their suite.

Finally, with these in hand, here is my version of Vergere as of Traitor:

"Everything I tell you is a lie. Every question I ask you is a trick. You will find no truth in me."

Vergere CL19
Medium Fosh Noble 1/ Jedi 7/ Jedi Knight 5/ Force Adept 3/ Force Disciple 3
Destiny 3; Force 8; Dark-side 19; Strong in the Force
Init +11; Senses: Perception +24 (+21)
Languages Basic, Bocce, Fosh, High Galactic, Huttese, Rodian, Shyriiwook (cannot speak), Sith, Yuuzhan Vong, Zabrak
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Defences Ref 34 (Flat-footed 32), Fort 32, Will 40; Block, Deflect
HP 111; Threshold 32
Immune: Mind-affecting Effects
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Speed 6 squares
Melee Unarmed +17 (1d4+8) or
Melee Lightsabre +17 (2d8+8)
Base Atk +16; Grp +18
Atk Options: Weapon Finesse
Special Actions: Equilibrium, Healing BoostCW, Influence SavantJATM, Suppress ForceJATM
Force Powers Known (Use the Force +21): Farseeing (2), Force Grip, Force Thrust, LevitateCW (2), Mind Trick (2), Move Object (2), Plant SurgeJATM, Rearrangement (2), Rebuke (2), Surge, Vital Transfer (2)
Force Techniques: Advanced Vital TransferJATM, Force Point Recovery, Improved Sense Force
Force Secrets: Quicken Power, Unconditional PowerCW
Abilities Str 9, Dex 15, Con 10, Int 19, Wis 20, Cha 14
Special Qualities: Deceptive, Expert Jumper, Indomitable, Prophet
Talents: Block, Clear Mind, Connections, Deflect, Equilibrium, Force Perception, Force Power Adept (Rearrangement, Vital Transfer), Force Treatment, Healing BoostCW, Influence SavantJATM, Suppress ForceJATM
Feats: Force Sensitivity, Force Training (3), Linguist, Skill Focus (Deception, Gather Information, Perception, Persuasion, Use the Force), Strong in the Force, Weapon Finesse, Weapon Proficiency (Lightsabres, Pistols, Simple Weapons)
Skills: Deception +21, Gather Information +21, Jump +8*, Knowledge (Galactic Lore) +18, Knowledge (Life Sciences) +18, Knowledge (Physical Sciences) +18, Knowledge (Social Sciences) +18, Perception +24, Persuasion +21, Pilot +16, Treat Injury + 14 (+21), Use the Force +21
*May reroll, must keep second result
Possessions: Jacen Solo's Emerald-bladed Lightsabre, Robeskin

I felt that Vergere was a more mystical version of Darth Traya/Kreia/(Arren Kae?), which is why I have statted her later levels as being Force Adept and Force Disciple.
The JATM Force Talents I've picked (Influence Savant and Suppress Force) are to represent her ability to cut Jacen off from the Force, I didn't think Sever Force was right for this situation, YMMV.

Any comments on any of this (they would really be appreciated...)?

(That was a VERY long post - it took ONE HOUR to write it!!!)

FAN-MADE SAGA ED. ADVENTURES Scores of free, fan-made Star Wars adventures for Saga Ed. ●DATHOMIR FIELD GUIDE A Saga Ed. sourcebook for adventures set on Dathomir ●LIVE ACTION FILM CHARACTERS SOURCEBOOK Saga stats for hundreds of characters from the live action films ●"ALL-PURPOSE" SAGA EDITION SOURCEBOOK Saga stats for NPCs, droids, ships/vehicles, weapons/gear, etc. ●SAGA EDITION SPECIES SOURCEBOOK Official & fan-made Saga stats for your favorite species ●THE CENTRALITY: A SAGA EDITION GUIDE AND GAZETTEER As featured in The Lando Calrissian Adventures ●THE CORPORATE SECTOR SOURCEBOOK As featured in Brian Daley's Han Solo novels and original edition of the Star Wars RPG ●SAGA EDITION CRIB SHEETS Various fan-made Saga Ed. Crib Sheets for players & GMs

Yes...our own Darth_Scorpion:

The controversial character was Vergere - apparently, many people thought that a Jedi Knight of the Old Republic would not willingly assist in torture and her theories on the Force (there is no Dark-side) were also unpopular.
It was due to this 'outrage' that Vergere was retconned to being a Sith in later publications, though I personally don't think she was - she could have had the knowledge of the Sith, but it doesn't mean she was one.

A previous article statted Vergere before this retcon: (Vergere, Master of Mystery)

I decided to stat Vergere myself, but to do so required (IMO) statting the Fosh species and a Force Power that represented her ability to rearrange molecules into healing solutions and contact poisons.

Fosh Species
Ability Modifiers: -2 Str, -2 Con, +2 Int, +2 Wis. Fosh are physically and physiologically weak, but they are more intelligent and perceptive than other species.
Medium Size: As Medium creatures, Fosh have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Speed: Fosh base speed is 6 squares.
Conditional Bonus Feat: Fosh are naturally adept at convincing others to do their bidding and believing their view points. A Fosh with Persuasion as a trained skill gains Skill Focus (Persuasion) as a bonus feat.
Deceptive: Fosh are incredibly deceptive, always creating plots within plots even for simple goals, thus making it difficult to determine their motives. Deception is always considered a class-skill for Fosh.
Expert Jumper: Fosh are natural jumpers due to their reverse articulated legs. Fosh may choose to reroll any Jump check, but the result of the reroll must be accepted even if it worse.
Automatic Languages: Fosh

These stats were based upon the Wookieepedia entry on the Fosh species. I have disregarded their pheromonal abilities as it seems to be an intraspecies activity largely irrelevant to play.

Vergere's tears were the product of her Force abilities rather than something inherent to the species (which could manipulate them to create pheromones). Speaking of which, here is the power that represents her abilities in this area:

Rearrangement [Telekinetic]

You are capable of reaching out with the Force on a microscopic level, allowing you to rearrange molecules in your tears, sweat or other bodily fluids to produce a variety of unusual effects.
Time: Full Round action. Target: You.
Make a Use the Force Check: The result of the check determines the result, if any:

• DC 25: You synthesise a single dosage of either a healing solution (heals 1d10 Hit Points instantly) or a contact poison (1d20+5 attack vs. Fortitude Defence, attacks once every 10 rounds, Treat Injury DC 25 to cure).

• DC 30: As DC 25, except the healing solution (heals 2d10 Hit Points and cures poisoning instantly) or contact poison (1d20+10 attack vs. Fortitude Defence, attacks once every 5 rounds, Treat Injury DC 30 to cure) is more potent.

• DC 35: As DC 25, except the healing solution (heals 5d10 Hit Points, cures poisoning and disease instantly) or contact poison (1d20+15 attack vs. Fortitude Defence, attacks once every 2 rounds, Treat Injury DC 35 to cure) is very potent. This application requires the expenditure of a Force Point at the conclusion of the Use the Force check for a successful synthesis.

• DC 40: As DC 25, except the healing solution (heals 10d10 Hit Points and cures all afflictions instantly) or contact poison (1d20+20 attack vs. Fortitude Defence, attacks once every round, Treat Injury DC 40 to cure) is of a potency impossible to achieve without the Force. This application requires the expenditure of a Destiny Point at the conclusion of the Use the Force check for a successful synthesis.

Special: The contact poison (which may be of any type found in the SECR, eg. paralytic/lethal/etc. and causes the same damage found in their respective entries) may be administered directly to a hostile opponent with a successful unarmed attack. In addition, this power can be utilised in conjunction with any Force Sensitivity concealment abilities (eg. Clear Mind, Buried Presence) without revealing your Force presence.
Note: Only those who have studied with Vergere or those to whom she has taught this ability may select this Force Power for their suite.

Finally, with these in hand, here is my version of Vergere as of Traitor:

"Everything I tell you is a lie. Every question I ask you is a trick. You will find no truth in me."

Vergere CL19
Medium Fosh Noble 1/ Jedi 7/ Jedi Knight 5/ Force Adept 3/ Force Disciple 3
Destiny 3; Force 8; Dark-side 19; Strong in the Force
Init +11; Senses: Perception +24 (+21)
Languages Basic, Bocce, Fosh, High Galactic, Huttese, Rodian, Shyriiwook (cannot speak), Sith, Yuuzhan Vong, Zabrak
Defences Ref 34 (Flat-footed 32), Fort 32, Will 40; Block, Deflect
HP 111; Threshold 32
Immune: Mind-affecting Effects
Speed 6 squares
Melee Unarmed +17 (1d4+8) or
Melee Lightsabre +17 (2d8+8)
Base Atk +16; Grp +18
Atk Options: Weapon Finesse
Special Actions: Equilibrium, Healing BoostCW, Influence SavantJATM, Suppress ForceJATM
Force Powers Known (Use the Force +21): Farseeing (2), Force Grip, Force Thrust, LevitateCW (2), Mind Trick (2), Move Object (2), Plant SurgeJATM, Rearrangement (2), Rebuke (2), Surge, Vital Transfer (2)
Force Techniques: Advanced Vital TransferJATM, Force Point Recovery, Improved Sense Force
Force Secrets: Quicken Power, Unconditional PowerCW
Abilities Str 9, Dex 15, Con 10, Int 19, Wis 20, Cha 14
Special Qualities: Deceptive, Expert Jumper, Indomitable, Prophet
Talents: Block, Clear Mind, Connections, Deflect, Equilibrium, Force Perception, Force Power Adept (Rearrangement, Vital Transfer), Force Treatment, Healing BoostCW, Influence SavantJATM, Suppress ForceJATM
Feats: Force Sensitivity, Force Training (3), Linguist, Skill Focus (Deception, Gather Information, Perception, Persuasion, Use the Force), Strong in the Force, Weapon Finesse, Weapon Proficiency (Lightsabres, Pistols, Simple Weapons)
Skills: Deception +21, Gather Information +21, Jump +8*, Knowledge (Galactic Lore) +18, Knowledge (Life Sciences) +18, Knowledge (Physical Sciences) +18, Knowledge (Social Sciences) +18, Perception +24, Persuasion +21, Pilot +16, Treat Injury + 14 (+21), Use the Force +21
*May reroll, must keep second result
Possessions: Jacen Solo's Emerald-bladed Lightsabre, Robeskin

I felt that Vergere was a more mystical version of Darth Traya/Kreia/(Arren Kae?), which is why I have statted her later levels as being Force Adept and Force Disciple.
The JATM Force Talents I've picked (Influence Savant and Suppress Force) are to represent her ability to cut Jacen off from the Force, I didn't think Sever Force was right for this situation, YMMV.

Any comments on any of this (they would really be appreciated...)?

(That was a VERY long post - it took ONE HOUR to write it!!!)

Thanks Bro!

I am Red/White

That's what I'm here for.
FAN-MADE SAGA ED. ADVENTURES Scores of free, fan-made Star Wars adventures for Saga Ed. ●DATHOMIR FIELD GUIDE A Saga Ed. sourcebook for adventures set on Dathomir ●LIVE ACTION FILM CHARACTERS SOURCEBOOK Saga stats for hundreds of characters from the live action films ●"ALL-PURPOSE" SAGA EDITION SOURCEBOOK Saga stats for NPCs, droids, ships/vehicles, weapons/gear, etc. ●SAGA EDITION SPECIES SOURCEBOOK Official & fan-made Saga stats for your favorite species ●THE CENTRALITY: A SAGA EDITION GUIDE AND GAZETTEER As featured in The Lando Calrissian Adventures ●THE CORPORATE SECTOR SOURCEBOOK As featured in Brian Daley's Han Solo novels and original edition of the Star Wars RPG ●SAGA EDITION CRIB SHEETS Various fan-made Saga Ed. Crib Sheets for players & GMs